Family
    Single adult
    Politics
    Farther right than you.
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    355 Posts
    Words are more powerful than most people can even imagine...

Most people think as they are trained to think, and most people make a majority.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Huginn ok Muninn For This Useful Post:

Munchkin
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    @
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    English/Irish/French
    Ancestry
    England/Ireland/France
    Country
    United States United States
    State
    Indiana Indiana
    Gemini
    Family
    Married
    Occupation
    Deli Shift Leader/Manager
    Politics
    Centrist
    Religion
    Christian
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    471 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ţoreiđar View Post
    I could imagine if my mother told me she never really liked me, and wished she had used a condom, it would have affected me somewhat.

Sorry, big guys. Having weaknesses and being affected by other people's words and intentions are natural parts of the human condition. Missing such qualities is generally what characterizes a psychopath. Luckily, I don't believe that is the case for any of you.
    I couldn't agree more except for the last sentence.
    Not all in life is at it appears to be.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LillyCaterina For This Useful Post:

Funding Member
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    European American
    Ancestry
    United Kingdom, Czechoslovakia, Netherlands, Germany, France
    mtDNA
    H1c12
    Country
    United States United States
    State
    Florida Florida
    Aries
    Politics
    Pro-Trump, Nationalist
    Religion
    Folkish Heathen
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    390 Posts
    I could imagine if my mother told me she never really liked me, and wished she had used a condom, it would have affected me somewhat.

Sorry, big guys. Having weaknesses and being affected by other people's words and intentions are natural parts of the human condition. Missing such qualities is generally what characterizes a psychopath. Luckily, I don't believe that is the case for any of you.
    Last sentence for me too.

When I was growing up my mom told me if abortions were legal I wouldn't be here. She wanted an abortion. My father wouldn't give her the money to get an illegal one and instead told her to use a coat hanger. He took off. He came back when I was born but he took off again. My mom repeatedly said the worst day of her life was the day I was born. She thinks I ruined her life because she wanted to be a dancer. She's also said the worst day of her life was when she met my father. My maternal grandmother told my mom to put me up for adoption but she kept me. My mom and I are very close now. She hasn't said those things to me in a long time.

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Elizabeth For This Useful Post:

Proffessional Hickerbilly
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    @
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    American of German decent
    Ancestry
    Bavaria/Switzerland
    Country
    Other Other
    State
    Kentucky Kentucky
    Zodiac Sign
    Libra
    Family
    Married
    Occupation
    Kunstschmiede
    Politics
    Self-Reliance
    Religion
    Asatru
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    608 Posts
    Of course that would effect most people, but people have overcome that very issue I know several of them personally and they turned out fine.

Of course having feelings is a natural human condition, but being able to conquer those feelings makes you stronger. The saying goes "that which does not kill you makes you stronger" this especially true when it comes to what people say instead of actions.

Quote Originally Posted by LillyCaterina
    I couldn't agree more except for the last sentence.
    Don't know why but I think this song is appropriate for your comment.

We have another saying "shoot to kill, then drive on."
    Life is like a fire hydrant- sometimes you help people put out their fires, but most of the time you just get peed on by every dog in the neighborhood.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SpearBrave For This Useful Post:

One with Nature
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Daco-Germanic
    Ancestry
    Geto-Dacian & German (Moldova, Transylvania, Austrian Empire, Mecklenburg)
    Óđins mćr
    Politics
    Völkisch
    Religion
    Heathenry
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    463 Posts
    Did you guys hear about such a thing like psychological trauma? I suppose you did...

Many of us live with such trauma, from one moment in our lives or another... Many times these sort of trauma are hidden and we are not even aware of it, while some other times it is obvious that something is wrong there... Sometimes these sort of trauma come out at the surface of our consciousness in certain conditions, while staying in our unconsciousness most of the time...

Human unconsciousness is full of things still unknown to science, and things are rather complicated...

Also, some people are more sensitive to some sort of things, like for example to words, than others... While some people just like to look tough to others while underneath they aren't really like that (sometimes they solve their trauma, while some other times they just hide it which is not so good)...

Quote Originally Posted by Elizabeth View Post
    When I was growing up my mom told me if abortions were legal I wouldn't be here. She wanted an abortion. My father wouldn't give her the money to get an illegal one and instead told her to use a coat hanger. He took off. He came back when I was born but he took off again. My mom repeatedly said the worst day of her life was the day I was born. She thinks I ruined her life because she wanted to be a dancer. She's also said the worst day of her life was when she met my father. My maternal grandmother told my mom to put me up for adoption but she kept me. My mom and I are very close now. She hasn't said those things to me in a long time.
    Oh, what I just read... I'm so sorry to read such a thing, Elizabeth!
    My mother said something quite similar to me a few times... and I was never in good relations with her... At some point I even started to question my father (with whom I was in a very good relationship as a child) if they really wanted me or not, and he convinced me they did want me, and they were all happy I came to this world... However, my relationship with my mom during childhood was not so nice, and also her relationship with my father and paternal grandmother... Lately I guess she realized some things and she tried to be in better relationship with me... but then this started to affect my relationship with my father... I was always in between then, if I was getting along well with one of them, would make the relationship with the other parent worse... Not all the time, of course, but it was such a conflict like that most of the time... Not really a nice climate to grow into... But of course it could always have been worse, so I'm still lucky they wanted me, especially my father and paternal grandparents and great-grandmother... I really love them too and I'm so happy they are part of my family!

About abortions... I've heard of many women who died during illegal abortions in communist era (the abortions were forbidden)... Lots of women were doing illegal abortions, and sometimes died because of that... There were no contraceptive methods like today, no condoms... However, if I don't consider having kids with someone, I'd prefer not to have sex with them... That should be the best contraceptive method, as all methods are still not 100% safe, so it still can happen when you don't expect it to happen... But I guess things are complicated, not so easy as just writing words and opinions on it... And also life is not something to play with...

Having weaknesses and being affected by other people's words and intentions are natural parts of the human condition.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpearBrave View Post
    Of course that would effect most people, but people have overcome that very issue I know several of them personally and they turned out fine.
    Well, some people are more sensitive than others... and I believe there's nothing wrong with that.

Quote Originally Posted by SpearBrave View Post
    Of course having feelings is a natural human condition, but being able to conquer those feelings makes you stronger. The saying goes "that which does not kill you makes you stronger"
    I was thinking of the same saying...

However, as people have different degrees of sensitiveness, what seems easy to one certain individual can be very difficult, almost unbearable, for another... It's not only about 'natural selection', of course... Things are more complicated than that when it comes to understand psychological issues...

I think some people don't really understand what 'feelings' are... In my opinion some people are really wrong when considering being rational vs. having feelings... It's not simple like that... It's much more complicated. We are not only this physical body we can normally see and touch, we are much more than that. The psychic, for example, cannot be seen or touched, but we know it is there... You know, in ancient times and in ancient holistic and natural medical systems the patient was not treated only considering his body, but also his soul, a part which much of the modern science is missing... Body and soul work together, and also mind (rationality) and heart (feelings) must work together... Having too much of any of them is not good either...
    Die Farben duften frisch und grün... Lieblich haucht der Wind um mich.

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Víđálfr For This Useful Post:

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12