mom
    Politics
    N/A
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Post Introducing your children

Thanks to Suomut we now have a place to introduce and discuss mothering and our children. I thought it would be neat for everyone to do so. My daughter Lilja Anna is 4 and my son Garrett is 2&1/2. They drive me nuts sometimes but, I cannot imagine life without them.
    Last edited by Willowsprout; Saturday, October 16th, 2004 at 06:41 PM.

Thumbs Up :)

Quote Originally Posted by Willowsprout
    Thanks to Suomut we now have a place to introduce and discuss mothering and our children. I thought it would be neat for everyone to do so. My daughter Lilja Anna is 4 and my son Garrett is 2&1/2. They drive me nuts sometimes but, I cannot imagine life without them.
    Thank you! for having some Norðvestrid children
    , sweetheart. To date, that is something I have never done (to my discredit); and to your CREDIT! you have. Aye, your youngins' are movin' on up, aren't they!?!? lol, before you now it, they will be super-mods. running this here A.N.H.!! hehe lol

/+Suomut+ der 'you-know-who'

P.S.--I know very well how the "driving one nuts" goes in this regard...my 4 nephews and 1 niece have done all of that to me more than once!!!!......ah, such is family life!!

Renewed
    „Friend of Germanics”
    Funding Membership Inactive
    Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    German-American
    Country
    United States United States
    Jaded
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Post Re: Introducing your children.

I have two. I posted their pics under that other thread. My daughter is 7 1/2, in the gifted and talented program at school, and on the team in gymnastics. My son is 3 and loves to play with cars. I am a proud mommy.
    "I do not know what horrified me most at that time: the economic misery of my companions, their moral and ethical coarseness, or the low level of their intellectual development." Adolf Hitler, Mein Kampf

Last Online
    Wednesday, March 30th, 2005 @ 11:12 PM
    Subrace
    Norðvestrid/NW. Nordid
    Country
    Occupation
    mom
    Politics
    N/A
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I understand the car thing ,my boy loves cars as well. Both of your children are beautiful . Gifted and talented at 7 1/2 we better watch for her.That is great!
    Just curious how are you intergrating their culture (roots) into their lives. I am doing what I can to introduce traditional Icelandic dishes and images to my children.Just thought I would inguire with the other mothers how they are keeping the traditions and so forth alive at home. Get some ideas going.
    Last edited by Willowsprout; Saturday, October 16th, 2004 at 05:40 AM.

Renewed
    „Friend of Germanics”
    Funding Membership Inactive
    Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    German-American
    Country
    Jaded
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

My family is predominantly German (my children are over 90%), and we do a variety of things to teach our children about our culture. My family has been in America since the 1800's. For the last couple of years, my parents treat us to Wurstfest here where we live. We are able to listen to folk music, dress in folk outfits, and eat all the food we want. Additionally, a tradition that my family has always had is on New Year's we eat sausage, sauerkraut, potatoes, etc. I make other dishes for my children to eat such as German potato pancakes, rice pudding, and sauerbraten. We tell my daughter about her heritage.

Yes, you will have to watch out for my daughter. She is a future skadi member in the making.
    "I do not know what horrified me most at that time: the economic misery of my companions, their moral and ethical coarseness, or the low level of their intellectual development." Adolf Hitler, Mein Kampf

Last Online
    Wednesday, July 27th, 2005 @ 06:42 AM
    Subrace
    Don't know
    Country
    Socially Conservative.
    Religion
    Christian
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hello,

I've produced 3 children thus far. 2 blonde haired green eyed daughters. The oldest of which had received numerous comments of looking extremely Nordic and Aryan looking, was gifted, a member of Mensa, and has always been very strong, direct and assertive. The middle of which is exceptionally tall, has a gift for Germanic languages and 1 son with light blondish-brown hair, light brown eyes, and extremely light white skin tone who though is young yet, continually likes to try to fight boys 4 times his size, so we currently have to watch that he doesn't do that. . They have also attended a German Lutheran school in an all German neighborhood locally. They're all basically good kids.
    ~germana.

Last Online
    Thursday, March 30th, 2017 @ 05:01 PM
    Ethnicity
    German
    Ancestry
    German and English
    Subrace
    Nordid
    mtDNA
    H
    Country
    Prussia Prussia
    State
    Teutonic Order Teutonic Order
    Aquarius
    Family
    Single adult
    Occupation
    Student
    Politics
    Ethnocentrism
    Religion
    Asatru
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

My husband Yggdrasil_AD and I only have one son so far. He's 16 months old, he has light golden brown hair and hazel eyes.
    He's very smart, he loves to brush his teeth, find things that go "round and round" and carry around his stuffed animals and give them hugs and kisses. He loves little girls with blond hair, people tell us he's going to be a heartbreaker when he grows up!!!
    He also LOVES black metal music- he actually headbangs and dances! He hums too! He also mostly speaks in sentences, and refers to himself as "I" which is unheard of at this age.
    Last edited by Thorburn; Tuesday, November 1st, 2005 at 06:47 PM. Reason: Removing Attachments on Request.