Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Jew vs. Israelite. What, You Mean There Is a Distinction?

Last Online
    48 Minutes Ago @ 10:17 PM
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-American
    Country
    United States United States
    State
    New York New York
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    215 Posts
    We're seeing our countries being destroyed my mass immigration now. Why is it so hard to believe it happened
    thousands of years ago and our people react the way they always do. They move to greener pastures.
    The truth is you simply don't want to admit it.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Astragoth For This Useful Post:

Funding Member
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-American
    Ancestry
    Britain, Ulster, Germany, America
    Subrace
    Dalofaelid+Baltid/Borreby
    Y-DNA
    R-Z19
    mtDNA
    U5a2c
    Country
    United States United States
    State
    Indiana Indiana
    Family
    Married
    Politics
    Anti-Obama
    Religion
    Conservative Protestantism
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    178 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Astragoth View Post
    We're seeing our countries being destroyed my mass immigration now. Why is it so hard to believe it happened
    thousands of years ago and our people react the way they always do. They move to greener pastures.
    The truth is you simply don't want to admit it.
    This doesn't prove Anglo-Israelism but yeah, White flight seems to be have been going on for eons. The natives of China were Europids many thousands of years ago. American Indians tribes have suppressed evidence of ancient European settlers in North America.

Regarding the Jews in the 1st century A.D.; About 8 million "Jews" lived in the Roman Empire most of them in the East. Around two million in Mesopotamia (Iraq), two Million in Egypt, two million in Syria-Palestine and two million in the Hellenic Sphere including Asia Minor. Apparently most Jews in the First Century spoke either Aramaic or Greek. That is why the New Testament was originally written in Greek.

Jews didn't have a "reputation for business" two thousand years ago. The people who had the reputation in the first century B.C. for business & finance (that the Jews have in the 21st century) throughout the Mediterranean Basin & Middle East were the Phoenicians. The Phoenicians were a Semitic race. Where did they go? And was the phrase "Jew" being used twenty centuries ago to describe the descendants of the Israelites in the 1st century A.D.?

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Æmeric For This Useful Post:

a.k.a. Langeraat
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    16 Hours Ago @ 06:51 AM
    Ethnicity
    Boer
    Ancestry
    Netherlands, Germany & Norway
    Subrace
    Faordiby
    State
    Orange Free State Orange Free State
    Family
    Married
    Occupation
    Cognitive Dissident
    Politics
    Verwoerdian
    Religion
    Heretic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    146 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Elizabeth View Post
    The Study referenced is a study of modern jewry

From the page:

A 2009 study was able to genetically identify individuals with full or partial Ashkenazi Jewish ancestry.[8] In August 2012, Dr. Harry Ostrer in his book Legacy: A Genetic History of the Jewish People, summarized his and other work in genetics of the last 20 years, and concluded that all major Jewish groups share a common Middle Eastern origin.[9] Ostrer also refuted the Khazar theory of Ashkenazi ancestry.[10] Citing autosomal DNA studies, Nicholas Wade estimates that "Ashkenazic and Sephardic Jews have roughly 30 percent European ancestry, with most of the rest from the Middle East." He further noticed that "The two communities seem very similar to each other genetically, which is unexpected because they have been separated for so long." Concerning this relationship he points to Atzmon's conclusions that "the shared genetic elements suggest that members of any Jewish community are related to one another as closely as are fourth or fifth cousins in a large population, which is about 10 times higher than the relationship between two people chosen at random off the streets of New York City".

The authors concluded "In our view, Das and co-authors have attempted to fit together a marginal and unsupported interpretation of the linguistic data with a genetic provenancing approach, GPS, that is at best only suited to inferring the most likely geographic location of modern and relatively unadmixed genomes, and tells nothing of population history and origin."

The Y chromosome of most Ashkenazi and Sephardi Jews contains mutations that are common among Middle Eastern peoples, but uncommon in the general European population, according to a study of haplotypes of the Y chromosome by Michael Hammer, Harry Ostrer and others, published in 2000.[13] According to Hammer et al. this suggests that the paternal lineages of Ashkenazi Jews could be traced mostly to the Middle East.
    This is a worthless post in the context.

Quote Originally Posted by Juthunge View Post
    Nordic/British/European/Aryan Israelism or whatever you want to call it, made basically no sense already in the 18th/19th century when it was cooked up, it made even less sense when physical anthropology, archaeology and linguistics were done in earnest, but in times of ancient and modern DNA testing it's nothing short of mental retardism.

How much does someone have to hate his ancestors to convince himself against all available evidence, that he's descended from wandering Israelites that arrived in Europe in the last few centuries BC? The only "evidence" for this appear to be ridiculous folk etymologies, that find "relationships" between some tribe names in a modern Bible, basically the translation of a translation of a translation of some Hebrew text and various Germanic tribe names, which themselves are mostly re-translations from Latin names for Germanic tribes.
    Thank you for this info, I will certainly look into it, try and keep the ad hominems out, it doesn't suit you or the topic... I think that I provided a bit more than just “some random blogs”, this is deeply unpopular subject as can be seen here, any “scientist” who would want to prove such a theory would commit career suicide. At least he won’t be getting any funding from the royal society. Don’t you think it might have led to this topic being severely under studied?

There certainly isn't a single shred of evidence in physical anthropology, archaeology, linguistics or genetics for any such event. And no, some random blogs by maniacs with the mentioned folk etymologies don't count for evidence.
    As for genetics, have a look at a thread I made in August and references the vast majority of ancient DNA testing made up to that point(a few more recent ones are missing):
    Ancient DNA: List of All Studies analyzing DNA of Ancient Tribes and Ethnicities(post-2010)

Especially have a look at this study: Continuity and Admixture in the Last Five Millennia of Levantine History from Ancient Canaanite and Present-Day Lebanese Genome Sequences
    I would beg to differ, I believe linguistically a connection has been made in an earlier post in reply to Groenewolf, and that the dolmens does constitute a form of archaeological evidence. I also quoted historical Kings and letters that exist to this day. I never claimed to have proven the theory just that there might be something to find here. R1b or Hg1 and Eu18 as it is also known accounts for 15.0% of modern Syrians genes, It is the most frequently occurring paternal lineage in Western Europe. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Syrians#Genetics

So, if anything, modern Lebanese and other populations in the Levant, have a slight admixture that originated from the Indo-Europeans living on the Steppe. In all likelihood this came by proxy in very admixed form via Assyrians, Hittites, Persians, Greeks, Crusaders and European slaves. But there was no admixture in the other direction into Europe.
    This is speculation.

This is a PCA(simplified, a "autosomal genetic map") from said study:

Attachment 114137

Coloured signs are ancient populations, grey dots are modern day populations(see Figure S6/Page 8 in the supplemental information).

Bronze Age Levant are essentially ancient Israelites and related populations. In the area between Bronze Age Levant, Neolithic Levant, Neolithic Anatolia, Chalcolithic Anatolia and the right-most red triangle of Bronze Age Europe, you find various modern Jewish populations.
    Modern central-northern Europeans are the grey dots left of "Bronze Age Europe", slightly closer to the "European hunter-gatherers", far from either modern or ancient Jews/Levantines.
    I call BS on this simply because Sidon was the first-born son of Canaan, who was a son of Ham. This was never a biblical site of Israelite settlement. You are pulling this out of your bum. Sidon was included in the inheritance of Asher, on its northern boundary (Jos 19:28), but it was not taken by that tribe in conquest (Jgs 1:31, 3:3), Historical and archaeological evidence indicate both cities were settled by the early second millennium BC and were important seaports long before the Israelites settled in Canaan. Tyre does not appear again in the Bible until Hiram, king of Tyre, sends cedar, carpenters, and masons to build David’s house (2 Sm 5:11).

Conclusion:
    The populations closest to ancient Canaanites/Israelites are modern day Lebanese, Jordanians and Palestinians.
    Modern Jews are close but slightly admixed with (southeastern) European populations.
    Ancient and modern Germanics(and most other Europeans) are a threefold mixture of Mesolithic European hunter-gatherers, Neolithic Farmers and Indo-European Steppe peoples, that has been present in Europe since the Late Neolithic/Early Bronze Age.

Unless you believe a population, genetically identical to that mixture, migrated (actually literally teleported) into ancient Israel without mixing with anyone on the way, shed their Indo-European culture for a totally foreign one but didn't mix with anyone in Israel either, then was deported into the Babylonian Exile, somehow again didn't mix with anyone there during a few centuries of stay, but then, a few years before 0 BC, migrated over the Caucasus onto the Steppe, by that time populated by a genetically quite different population, with which it, naturally didn't mix, magically re-acquired Indo-European culture and then moved into Scandinavia, I don't see how any of that Nordic Israelite gibberish is supposed to work.
    If anyone actually believes that, I strongly recommend a straightjacket.
    It is clear you did not read my post because I stated quite clearly that they did return with an admixture from Babylon hence the change to jew. Your premise is flawed as you have not established that Canaanites where Israelites.

Here is some science you might believe then:

According to the rabbi, experts in Jewish genealogy and history have determined that fully 40% of all Ashkenazi Jews are descended from just four Jewish women who left the Middle East over 1,000 years ago and settled in Europe. According to the scientific report commissioned by Eretz Hemdah for its ruling, there is a certainty of at least 90% and up to 99% that someone bearing specific genetic markers in their mitochondrial DNA is descended from one of these women.
    https://www.jpost.com/Israel-News/Po...e-cases-506584
    This is obviously a deferent group of individuals than the ones that where exiled to Assyria 1300 years earlier…

Don’t get me wrong I don’t want to “be” a "jew" any more than I want to “be” a "coon", but if the Israelites where “caucasian” and are the root of Europeans then I want to know.

I live in Africa, have done so for 300+ years, does it make me an genetic African simply because me and my forbears where standing on this continent? Think people, it is not illegal yet! Also note that race mixing was strongly prohibited in Old testament times. In conquest entire populations where uprooted and resettled all across the ancient world so yes I do believe people can appear abruptly in places where we did not think to find them.

2 Timothy 4:3-4

"For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but wanting to have their ears tickled, they will accumulate for themselves teachers in accordance to their own desires, and will turn away their ears from the truth and will turn aside to myths."

Of late I have been in the business of shooting holy-cows, first I need to know if that cow is in need of some shoot'n... In this case it appears so...

I am interested to know which "Gott" your signature refers to Juthunge?
    Although the word "Commando" was wrongly used to describe all Boer soldiers, a commando was a unit formed from a particular district. None of the units was organized in regular companies, battalions or squadrons. The Boer commandos were individualists who were difficult to control, resented formal discipline or orders, and earned a British jibe that"every Boer was his own general".

a.k.a. Icarus
    Last Online
    14 Hours Ago @ 08:56 AM
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-American
    Hitlerism
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Langeraat View Post
    First let us establish; the term “Jew” did not come into use until after the ten northern tribes or Israel as they electively called themselves,
    There were never twelve tribes. Inquiry should be made on why they settled on the number 12, which is typically symbolic.

“Areus King of the Lacedemonians to Onias the high priest, greetings: It is found in writing, that the Lacedemonians and Jews are brethren, and that they are of the same stock of Abraham...” [/I](1st Maccabees 12:20-21) This was The Spartan king to the high priest in Jerusalem Onias.
    I really didn't want to reply to this topic, but now I have sufficient motivation. This is Talmudic esque propaganda. The Talmud represents Alexander the Great as worshiping in their temple and offering sacrifices (reminiscent of how a Trump, Clinton, Obama, and Putin put their hands on the wailing wall) and Nero as a proselyte to Judaism. The Spartans rigidly adhered to the tenet of a healthy mind in a healthy body. The Jews, due to their climate and desert environment, only cultivated their intellect.

The Lacedemonian and Spartan character is actually the antithesis to Judaism. Plato describes the Lacedemonian's love for philosophy. The Jews Philo and Paul managed to combine two opposite philosophies (Judaism and stoicism i.e. Romans 8:28. The one "virtue" is motivated by fear of god/want of recompense, the other is virtue produced from a purer source), just as the Jew Spinoza merged the contradictory ideas of Descartes and Bruno (the tripartite division of the Christians stems from the former) and the Jew Freud combined two completely unrelated things (sex and subconscious).

People who can reconcile two direct opposites without sufficient ground demonstrate that they understand nothing. This can even be seen in Rosenberg's elevation of Kant to the role of Plato, despite Rosenberg's criticisms for Hegel.

Where is testimony from the Spartans directly? I don't want to hear it from a Jewish author.

What should worry you more is the fact that info like this, the location of Atlantis and what the Elites are plotting is finally coming to light, it is written in Luke 8:17 "For nothing is secret, that shall not be made manifest; neither any thing hid, that shall not be known and come abroad." this alone should inform you of the late hour.
    The location of Atlantis is less important than the fate of Atlantis. Continents are only sunk as a last resort measure (after the counsel of gods mentioned in Critias and possibly alluded to in 1 Kings 22 make a decision). Obviously all the good people are provided the opportunity to escape the coming cataclysm.

Your own prophets declared that "the elite believe in nothing." It's not even "they worship Satan and think god is evil." They're purely atheists with a sadistic bent (it's important to distinguish between motives that stem from emotion/instinct and motives that stem from intellect) and disregard for the welfare of "others" (99.9% of the human population, including their own followers). Most people who call themselves atheists are only rejecting the anthropomorphic concept of deity. Albert Pike distinguished between these and the "true atheism".

a.k.a. Langeraat
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Boer
    Ancestry
    Subrace
    Faordiby
    State
    Family
    Married
    Occupation
    Cognitive Dissident
    Politics
    Verwoerdian
    Religion
    Heretic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    146 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Icarus View Post
    There were never twelve tribes. Inquiry should be made on why they settled on the number 12, which is typically symbolic.
    This is also speculation on your part until staved.

I really didn't want to reply to this topic, but now I have sufficient motivation. This is Talmudic esque propaganda. The Talmud represents Alexander the Great as worshiping in their temple and offering sacrifices (reminiscent of how a Trump, Clinton, Obama, and Putin put their hands on the wailing wall) and Nero as a proselyte to Judaism. The Spartans rigidly adhered to the tenet of a healthy mind in a healthy body. The Jews, due to their climate and desert environment, only cultivated their intellect.
    I believe that citation of the climate in the area around 700 BC would be required, this is one of the points I made originally.

Where is testimony from the Spartans directly? I don't want to hear it from a Jewish author.

Touché.

The Lacedemonian and Spartan character is actually the antithesis to Judaism
    Agreed but Judaism did not exist at the time that I postulate the migrations took place.

Plato describes the Lacedemonian's love for philosophy. The Jews Philo and Paul managed to combine two opposite philosophies (Judaism and stoicism i.e. Romans 8:28. The one "virtue" is motivated by fear of god/want of recompense, the other is virtue produced from a purer source), just as the Jew Spinoza merged the contradictory ideas of Descartes and Bruno (the tripartite division of the Christians stems from the former) and the Jew Freud combined two completely unrelated things (sex and subconscious).
    Possibly, but this constitutes a subject matter all on its own, I will certainly look into this.

The location of Atlantis is less important than the fate of Atlantis. Continents are only sunk as a last resort measure (after the counsel of gods mentioned in Critias and possibly alluded to in 1 Kings 22 make a decision). Obviously all the good people are provided the opportunity to escape the coming cataclysm.
    The location would go a long way in opening up the study as to its fate.

Your own prophets declared that "the elite believe in nothing."

It's not even "they worship Satan and think god is evil." They're purely atheists with a sadistic bent (it's important to distinguish between motives that stem from emotion/instinct and motives that stem from intellect) and disregard for the welfare of "others" (99.9% of the human population, including their own followers). Most people who call themselves atheists are only rejecting the anthropomorphic concept of deity. Albert Pike distinguished between these and the "true atheism".
    Satanists will tell you that it is in actual fact the worship of the self.

I would be interested in an alternative hypothesis as to the origins and cause of the Völkerwanderung...
    Although the word "Commando" was wrongly used to describe all Boer soldiers, a commando was a unit formed from a particular district. None of the units was organized in regular companies, battalions or squadrons. The Boer commandos were individualists who were difficult to control, resented formal discipline or orders, and earned a British jibe that"every Boer was his own general".

a.k.a. Langeraat
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Boer
    Ancestry
    Subrace
    Faordiby
    State
    Family
    Married
    Occupation
    Cognitive Dissident
    Politics
    Verwoerdian
    Religion
    Heretic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    146 Posts

The Missing Simeonites

THE MISSING SIMEONITES

By Steven M. Collins

In the book of Numbers, we find that the Israelites under Moses undertook a first and second census of the tribes of Israel while they were in the Wilderness. The results of those enumerations of the tribes of Israel reveal some surprising results. This column will attempt to at least partially explain what seems to be some incomprehensible results.

The first census is listed in Numbers Chapter One. In Numbers 1:1-3 [Open in Logos Bible Software (if available)] and verse 18, we see that the census tallied the number of males “twenty years old and upward, all that are able to go forth to war in Israel.” Therefore, we should keep in mind that the l entire population of Israel’s tribes in the Wilderness consisted of far more than the tally in Numbers 1. As a guideline, one would ordinarily double the numbers to allow for one wife per man of military age. Given the polygamous culture at that time, some of the men may have had a number of wives. It is difficult to make an estimate of the number of children, but we should keep in mind that large families were very common at that time. Numbers 1:46 [Open in Logos Bible Software (if available)] records that 603, 550 adult males were numbered in the census. Based on some of the above rough methods of estimating the number of the entire nation of Israel at that time, we can see that the Israelites can be conservatively estimated to be body of approximately 3,000,000 people. For American readers, that number would equal the approximate population of Oregon. The actual number of Israelites was likely higher as the tribe of Levi wasn’t included in this census, nor were the people of the “mixed multitude” which accompanied the Israelites out of Egypt (Exodus 12:38 [Open in Logos Bible Software (if available)] ).

Listed below are the populations of adult males per tribe, given in the order listed in Numbers 1.

Modern readers will notice that the tribe of Judah was, at that time, the largest tribe. The three smallest tribal figures are the three tribes which descended from Jacob and Rachel: Ephraim, Manasseh and Benjamin. However, when the tribes of Ephraim and Manasseh are totaled together, they numbered 72,700, showing the actual total of Israelites descended from Joseph constituted the second largest grouping in Israel. Notice that the tribe of Simeon was the third largest tribe in this census, taken approximately 1450 B.C.

Now, let’s examine the census taken approximately 40 years later in 1410 B.C. (if the dates on the chapter headings in my book are accurate). For purposes of comparison, listed below are the totals from each census and the change in the total of adult males in each tribe. The second census is listed in Numbers 26. Numbers 26:2 [Open in Logos Bible Software (if available)] confirms that it is the sum of males “twenty years old an upward…all that are able to go to war in Israel,” so each census was conducted with the same criteria.

The national totals indicate the number of Israelites enumerated under Moses had dropped very slightly, but the tribal totals reveal something very different had transpired. The most evident change is that over half the tribe of Simeon inexplicably “disappeared” from the census totals. What happened? Simeon, the third largest tribe in Israel in the first census, had plummeted to be the smallest tribe of all in the second census! Another anomaly leaps out at the reader.

The tribes of Ephraim and Manasseh shared the birthright blessing of the Abrahamic covenant, which included being blessed with large population growth. Manasseh had, indeed, risen dramatically in population, going from 32,200 to 52,700, a gain of 20,500 people, by far the largest increase in any tribe. However, its brother tribe which shared this birthright blessing, Ephraim, dropped 8,000 people to join Simeon at the bottom of the population totals of the tribes in Israel. Even the tribe of Benjamin outnumbered the Ephraimites at that time. Judah was still the largest tribe, but Manasseh’s explosive growth resulted in the tribe of Joseph being the largest tribe if Manasseh and Ephraim were added together. As many readers might observe, something “doesn’t add up” in these figures. As commentator Paul Harvey says here in America, let’s examine what happened to determine “the rest of the story.”

I believe the key to what happened in Numbers 26 is found in the previous chapter. In Numbers 25, we learn that Phineas, a Levite, executed “a prince of a chief house among the Simeonites” (verses 7-14). Phineas leaped to execute this Simeonite prince for his audacity in rebelling against God by taking a Midianite woman into his tent at a time when god was punishing Israel for such deeds. Indeed, God sent a plague among the Israelites which killed 24,000 people, and that plague was stayed by the action of Phineas.

The Bible does not record which tribes suffered the most from that plague. Even if one assumes the Simeonites bore the brunt of this plague, it does not begin to account for the drop in population of approximately 56,000 males of 20 years and older among the tribes which lost population between the two censuses. Also, Numbers 25:9 [Open in Logos Bible Software (if available)] records that 24,000 people died in the plague, it does not state that all those slain were “males 20 years of age and older.” This indicates that 24,000 men, women and children of all ages died in the plague, and that perhaps 6,000 of that total were males 20 years and older. Where did the rest go?

It is my belief that after the execution by a Simeonite prince by a Levitical priest, there was a great dissension in the camp of Israel. We know from the accounts in the Torah of their wanderings in the Wilderness that the Israelites were very prone to revolting against Moses over various provocations. We know from Genesis 34:25 [Open in Logos Bible Software (if available)] that Simeon and Levi were the two most impulsive sons of Jacob, the two most likely to settle a matter “by the sword.” To put it in modern American terms, they were the kind who “shot first and asked questions later.” Genesis 49:5-7 [Open in Logos Bible Software (if available)] prophesies that impulsive wrathfulness leading to violence would characterize both Simeonites and Levites through all the millennia up to and including the “latter days.”

In the episode of Phineas the Levite unilaterally executing a Simeonite priest, the two most violent tribes were likely at loggerhead, and a civil war among the tribes was not improbable. God usefully directed the Levites’ propensity to violence into becoming a tribe of butchers, killing, cutting up and sacrificing innumerable animals under the system of animal sacrifices established in ancient Israel. Simeon had no such outlet.

I believe a logical explanation for the sudden drop in several tribes’ population is that most of the tribe of Simeon and varying contingents of the other tribes literally “walked out” of the camp and left the main body of Israelites to strike out on their own. The huge drop in the number of Simeonites indicates that the Simeonites led this partial “exodus” from the Israelite camp. The Simeonites were impulsive and the execution of one of their chieftans (however just) could easily have provoked such an action.

The census figures indicate that the tribes of Ephraim and Napthali contributed most of the remaining Israelites who accompanied most of the tribe of Simeon as it left the Israelite encampment. The census data indicates that the entire tribes of Manasseh, Asher, Issachar and Benjamin stayed with Moses as their second census totals reflect normal demographic growth.

Would God or Moses have allowed so large a mass of Israelite to leave the camp? I think the answer is yes. Indeed, they may have encouraged it as a way to end the dissension in the camp. There was no commandment of God that forbid any Israelites to leave the camp in the Wilderness, so the only penalty that exiting Israelites would bear would be that their children would not enter the Promised land with the children of those who stayed. Remember that every adult (except Caleb and Joshua) were under a death sentence in the Wilderness. For their rebellion, they would wander till the entire generation who refused to go into the Promised Land at first was dead! Under such circumstances, many could have thought: “If my choice is stay and die in this desert or leave and trust to my wits and sword to make a living, I’ll choose the second option.”

The tribe of Simeon, naturally impulsive, would likely have led such a mini-exodus. The fact that Manasseh grew greatly between the censuses and that Ephraim dropped dramatically argues that this can only be explained if a large number of Ephraimites left the camp. Both tribes were the birthright tribes, and they shared the same promises. If no one had left the camp, the population figures of Ephraim and Mansseh should have reflected the same growth.

If we limit our number of exiting Israelites to only those tribes who had net reductions in their tribal totals, we have about 50,000 males above age twenty and all their wives and children (perhaps 200,000 people). The tribes whose populations stayed static indicates that some of the natural growth of those tribes was deleted from the census because contingents of their tribes also joined the exodus. The total of those leaving the camp may have been larger than 200,000. If such an event occurred, there would have been a powerful stimulus to conduct the second census to “see who we have left.” Indeed, Numbers 26:1-2 [Open in Logos Bible Software (if available)] shows that right after the events described above, God told Moses to take a census of all the tribes.

Where did the departing Israelite go? There are three groups of people exhibiting Israelite characteristics which surfaced in the world outside of the Promised Land. One group was the Sea Peoples who raided and settled throughout the Mediterranean World while most of Israel lived in Israel during the time of the book of Judges. Both Yair Davidy and I have commented in our books about the Israelite nature of some of the identifiable tribes in the Sea Peoples. However, it could be also noted that some of the Sea Peoples were Israelites who sailed from the the promised Land to seek new homelands as colonists or to escape the various invasions of oppressors which are enumerated in the book of Judges.

There is a second group, famous in the ancient world, which exhibited the traits of the tribe of Simeon and which acknowledged a tribal tie to the Israelites. That group was the Spartans of ancient Greece. The Spartans were known to be descended from a people non-native to Greece who arrived there in ancient times. The Spartans were famous as being the most martial of the Greek city-states. It was the Spartan King Leonidas with 300 elite bodyguards who held back the army of the Persian Empire at the battle of Thermopalyae. They had a rigorous, martial community which was very different from the rest of the Greek city-states. The tribe of Simeon would be expected to “live by the sword” and be a martial community wherever they settled. However, there is more evidence than that.

The Book, Sparta, by A.H.M. Jones, a Professor of Ancient History at Cambridge University, noted several things about Sparta. He states the Spartans worshipped a “great law-giver” who had given them their laws in the “dim past” (page 5 of his book). This law-giver may have been Moses.

Professor Jones also noted the Spartans celebrated “the new moons” and the “seventh day” of the month” (page 13). Observing new moons was an Israelite calendar custom, and their observance of “a seventh day” could originate with the Sabbath celebration. Prof. Jones also notes, as do other authorities, that the Spartans were known for being “ruthless” in war and times of crisis. This sounds exactly like the Simeonite nature, which was given to impulsive cruelty, as the Bible confirms.

Interestingly, Prof. Jones writes that the Spartans were themselves divided into several “tribes” which constituted distinct military formations within the Spartan army (pages 31-32). If the Spartans were descended from Simeonites and several other Israelite tribes who left the rest of their tribesmen just prior to the census of Numbers 26, it would make sense that they would be allied together as distinct tribes even in a new homeland like Sparta. The Spartans also founded a colony in Italy called “Tara” (pages 11 and 33). The name “Terah” is a Semitic/Israelite name as Terah was the father of Abraham (Genesis 11).

Also, I make the case in my book, The “Lost” Ten Tribes of Israel…Found!, that Carthage was founded by Semites from Israel, Tyre and Sidon who continued the Semitic/Hebrew language of the Israelites as well as the Baal worship that Israel, Tyre and Sidon shared. Carthage and the Greeks were historically enemies, but Sparta exhibited a community of interest with Carthage. When Carthage’s army was not fighting well against the Roman legions, it was a Spartan named Xanthippus who traveled to Carthage to reorganize and drill the Carthaginian army to fight Rome. Who better than a Spartan to teach military tactics? This event is recorded on page 14 of a book, Hannibal’s War With Rome, by Terrence Wise and Mark Healy.

I have saved the greatest proof to the last, however. The Spartans themselves declared that they were a fellow tribe of the Jews and corresponded with an ancient Jewish High Priest about their relationship. The book of I Maccabees14:16-23 [Open in Logos Bible Software (if available)] records this correspondence, which includes this statement:

“And this is the copy of the letter which the Spartans

sent: The Chief magistrates and the city of the Spartans

send greeting to Simon, the chief priest, and to the elders

and the priests and the rest of the Jewish people, our

kinsmen.” (Emphasis added.)

Notice the Spartans called the Jews “our kinsmen.” The Spartans did not proclaim themselves to be Jews, but rather that they were “kinsmen” to the Jews (i.e. members of one of the other tribes of Israel). That the Spartans acknowledged a common ancestry with the Jews of the tribe of Judah gives powerful weight to the assertion that they were Israelites who migrated to Greece instead of the Promised Land. The Spartan culture is most like that of the tribe of Simeon, most of which apparently left the Israelite encampment in the Wilderness after a Simeon prince was executed by a Levite.

There is a third group of wanderers in ancient history which manifested a Simeonite/Israelite ancestry, but this column is now long enough. The story of another band of Simeonites who struck out on their own in the world will be told in a future column.

https://stevenmcollins.com/articles/...ng-simeonites/

I hate that word jew.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	N1.JPG 
Views:	99 
Size:	39.4 KB 
ID:	114150   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	N2.JPG 
Views:	106 
Size:	61.8 KB 
ID:	114151  

a.k.a. Langeraat
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Boer
    Ancestry
    Subrace
    Faordiby
    State
    Family
    Married
    Occupation
    Cognitive Dissident
    Politics
    Verwoerdian
    Religion
    Heretic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    146 Posts
    The Tribe of Dan of Israel - Part 1

Chaplain Bob Walker B. Th.
    Published on Oct 23, 2013

Where are they today? Are the vikings related to the tribe of Dan? Find out Denmark spells their country name as DAN Mark "Ish" in the Hebrew transliterated into english means "man" Playist: http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=... so Danish or Dan Ish = man of dan in Hebrew. Judges 5:17 - Gilead abode beyond Jordan: and why did Dan remain in ships? Jeremiah 23:8 - But, The LORD liveth, which brought up and which led the seed of the house of Israel out of the north country, and from all countries whither I had driven them; and they shall dwell in their own land. look on a map and see what land is North of what was Israel in old times and you see Europe. The vikings were known as the Norseman or people aka North. This is not new info BTW

a.k.a. Langeraat
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Boer
    Ancestry
    Subrace
    Faordiby
    State
    Family
    Married
    Occupation
    Cognitive Dissident
    Politics
    Verwoerdian
    Religion
    Heretic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    146 Posts

a.k.a. Langeraat
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Boer
    Ancestry
    Subrace
    Faordiby
    State
    Family
    Married
    Occupation
    Cognitive Dissident
    Politics
    Verwoerdian
    Religion
    Heretic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    146 Posts
    Bronze Age Levant are essentially ancient Israelites and related populations. In the area between Bronze Age Levant, Neolithic Levant, Neolithic Anatolia, Chalcolithic Anatolia and the right-most red triangle of Bronze Age Europe, you find various modern Jewish populations.
    Modern central-northern Europeans are the grey dots left of "Bronze Age Europe", slightly closer to the "European hunter-gatherers", far from either modern or ancient Jews/Levantines.

Present-day Lebanese descend from Biblical Canaanites, genetic study suggests

n the most recent whole-genome study of ancient remains from the Near East, Wellcome Trust Sanger Institute scientists and their collaborators sequenced the entire genomes of 4,000-year-old Canaanite individuals who inhabited the region during the Bronze Age, and compared these to other ancient and present-day populations. The results, published today (27 July) in the American Journal of Human Genetics suggest that present-day Lebanese are direct descendants of the ancient Canaanites.

Read more at: https://phys.org/news/2017-07-presen...nites.html#jCp

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123