Hagestolz
    Politics
    reactionary ancap
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    95 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jagdmesser View Post
    Spengler in Decline of the West said Civilizations just collapse from within, races stop propagating themselves. There was practically no one in Rome when the Vandals arrived. Throughout Europe, Replacement levels are at an all time low and abortion and poor Government provision for families are the main reason.
    And the Romans saw it coming, Cassius Dio transmitted an interesting speech held by Emperor Augustus, dealing with this issue:

2 "A strange experience has been mine, O — what shall I call you? Men? But you are not performing any of the offices of men. Citizens? But for all that you are doing, the city is perishing. Romans? But you are undertaking to blot out this name altogether. Well, at any rate, whatever you are and by whatever name you delight to be called, mine has been an astonishing experience; for though I am always doing everything to promote an increase of population among you and am now about to rebuke you, I grieve to see that there are a great many of you. I could rather have wished that those to whom I have just spoken were as numerous as you prove to be, and that preferably you were ranged with them, or otherwise did not exist at all. For you, heedless alike of the providence of the gods and of the watchful care of your forefathers, are bent upon annihilating our entire race and making it in truth mortal, are bent upon destroying and bringing to an end the entire Roman nation. For what seed of human beings would be left, if all the rest of mankind should do what you are doing? For you have become their leaders, and so would rightly bear the responsibility for the universal destruction. And even if no others emulate you, would you not be justly hated for the very reason that you overlook what no one else would overlook, and neglect what no one else would neglect, introducing customs and practices which, if imitated, would lead to the extermination of all mankind, and, if abhorred, would end in your own punishment? We do not spare murderers, you know, because not every man commits murder, nor do we let temple-robbers go because not everyone robs temples; but anybody who is convicted of committing a forbidden act is punished for the very reason that he alone or in company with a few others does something that no one else would do. Yet, if one were to name over all the worst crimes, the others are as naught in comparison with this one you are now committing, whether you consider them crime for crime or even set all of them together over against this single crime of yours. For you are committing murder in not begetting in the first place those who ought to be your descendants; you are committing sacrilege in putting an end to the names and honours of your ancestors; and you are guilty of impiety in that you are abolishing your families, which were instituted by the gods, and destroying the greatest of offerings to them, — human life, — thus overthrowing their rites and their temples. Moreover, you are destroying the State by disobeying its laws, and you are betraying your country by rendering her barren and childless; nay more, you are laying her even with the dust by making her destitute of future inhabitants. For it is human beings that constitute a city, we are told, not houses or porticos or market-places empty of men.

"Bethink you, therefore, what wrath would justly seize the great Romulus, the founder of our race, if he could reflect on the circumstances of his own birth and then upon your conduct in refusing to beget children even by lawful marriages! How wrathful would the Romans who were his followers be, if they could realize that after they themselves had even seized foreign girls, you are not satisfied even with those of your own race, and after they had got children even by enemy wives, you will not beget them even of women who are citizens! How angry would Curtius be, who was willing to die that the married men might not be bereft of their wives! How indignant Hersilia, who attended her daughter at her wedding and instituted for us all the rites of marriage! Nay, our fathers even fought the Sabines to obtain brides and made peace through the intercession of their wives and children; they administered oaths and made sundry treaties for this very purpose; but you are bringing all their efforts to naught. And why? Do you desire to live apart from women always, even as the Vestal Virgins live apart from men? Then you should also be punished as they are if you are guilty of any lewdness.

"I know that I seem to you to speak bitterly and harshly. But reflect, in the first place, that physicians, too, treat many patients by cautery and surgery, when they cannot be cured in any other way; and, in the second place, that it is not my wish or my pleasure to speak thus. Hence I have this further reproach to bring against you, that you have provoked me to this discourse. As for yourselves, if you do not like what I say, do not continue this conduct for which you are being and must ever be reproached. If my words do wound some of you, how much more do your actions wound both me and all the rest of the Romans! Accordingly, if you are vexed in very truth, change your course, so that I may praise and recompense you; for that I am not harsh by nature and that I have accomplished, subject to human limitations, everything it was proper for a good law-giver to do, even you cannot fail to realize.

"Indeed, it was never permitted to any man, even in olden times, to neglect marriage and the begetting of children; but from the very outset, when the government was first established, strict laws were made regarding these matters, and subsequently many decrees were passed by both the senate and the people, which it would be superfluous to enumerate here. I, now, have increased the penalties for the disobedient, in order that through fear of becoming liable to them you might be brought to your senses; and to the obedient I have offered a more numerous and greater prizes than are given for any other display of excellence, in order that for this reason, if for no other, you might be persuaded to marry and beget children. Yet you have not striven for any of the recompenses nor feared any of the penalties, but have shown contempt for all these measures and have trodden them all underfoot, as if you were not living in a civilized community. You talk, forsooth, about this 'free' and 'untrammelled' life that you have adopted, without wives and without children; but you are not a whit better than brigands or the most savage of beasts. For surely it is not your delight in a solitary existence that leads you to live without wives, nor is there one of you who either eats alone or sleeps alone; no, what you want is to have full liberty for wantonness and licentiousness. Yet I allowed you to pay your court to girls still of tender years and not yet ripe for marriage, in order that, classed as prospective bridegrooms, you might live as family men should; and I permitted those not in the senatorial order to wed freedwomen, so that, if anyone through love or intimacy of any sort should be disposed to such a course, he might go about it lawfully. 3 And I did not limit you rigidly even to this, but at first gave you three whole years in which to make your preparations, and later two. Yet not even so, by threatening, or urging, or postponing, or entreating, have I accomplished anything. For you see for yourselves how much more numerous you are than the married men, when you ought by this time to have provided us with as many children besides, or rather with several times your number. How otherwise can families continue? How can the State be preserved, if we neither marry nor have children? For surely you are not expecting men to spring up from the ground to succeed to your goods and to the public interests, as the myths describe! And yet it is neither right nor creditable that our race should cease, and the name of Romans be blotted out with us, and the city be given over to foreigners — Greeks or even barbarians. Do we not free our slaves chiefly for the express purpose of making out of them as many citizens as possible? And do we not give our allies a share in the government in order that our numbers may increase? And do you, then, who are Romans from the beginning and claim as your ancestors the famous Marcii, the Fabii, the Quintii, the Valerii, and the Julii, do you desire that your families and names alike shall perish with you? Nay, I for my part am ashamed that I have been forced even to mention such a thing. Have done with your madness, then, and stop at last to reflect, that with many dying all the time by disease and many in war it is impossible for the city to maintain itself, unless its population is continually renewed by those who are ever and anon to be born.

"And let none of you imagine that I fail to realize that there are disagreeable and painful things incident to marriage and the begetting of children. But bear this in mind, that we do not possess any other good with which some unpleasantness is not mingled, and that in our most abundant and greatest blessings there reside the most abundant and greatest evils. Therefore, if you decline to accept the latter, do not seek to obtain the former, either, since for practically everything that has any genuine excellence or enjoyment one must strive beforehand, strive at the time, and strive afterwards. But why should I prolong my speech by going into all these details? Even if there are, then, some unpleasant things incident to marriage and the begetting of children, set over against them the advantages, and you will find these to be at once more numerous and more compelling. For, in addition to all the other blessings that naturally inhere in this state of life, the prizes offered by the laws should induce each other to obey me; for a very small part of these inspires many to undergo even death. And is it not disgraceful that for rewards which lead others to sacrifice even their lives you should be unwilling either to marry wives or to rear children?

"Therefore, fellow-citizens, — for I believe that I have now persuaded you both to hold fast to the name of citizens and to secure the title of men and fathers as well, — I have administered this rebuke to you not for my own pleasure but from necessity, and not as your enemy nor as one who hates you but rather loving you and wishing to obtain many others like you, in order that we may have lawful homes to dwell in and houses full of descendants, so that we may approach the gods together with our wives and our children, and in partnership with one another may risk our all in equal measure and reap in like degree the hopes we cherish in them. How, indeed, could I be a good ruler over you, if I could endure to see you growing constantly fewer in number? How could I any longer be rightfully called father by you, if you rear no children? Therefore, if you really hold me in affection, and particularly if you have given me this title not out of flattery but as an honour, be eager now to become both men and fathers, in order that you may not only share this title yourselves but may also justify it as applied to me." (...)

http://penelope.uchicago.edu/Thayer/...s_Dio/56*.html
    When men cease to fight — they cease to be — Men.
    “Critics are like eunuchs in a harem; they know how it's done, they've seen it done every day, but they're unable to do it themselves.” Brendan Behan

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Aptrgangr For This Useful Post:

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jagdmesser For This Useful Post:

Abortion Leading Cause of Death in 2018 with 41 Million Killed

Abortion was the number one cause of death worldwide in 2018, with more than 41 million children killed before birth, Worldometers reports.

As of December 31, 2018, there have been some 41.9 million abortions performed in the course of the year, Worldometers revealed. By contrast, 8.2 million people died from cancer in 2018, 5 million from smoking, and 1.7 million died of HIV/AIDS.

Worldometers —
    voted one of the best free reference websites by the American Library Association (ALA) — keeps a running tally through the year of major world statistics, including population, births, deaths, automobiles produced, books published, and CO2 emissions.

It also records the total number of abortions in the world, based on the latest statistics on abortions published by the World Health Organization (WHO).
    Globally, just under a quarter of all pregnancies (23% ) were ended by abortion in 2018, and for every 33 live births, ten infants were aborted.
    There were more deaths from abortion in 2018 than all deaths from cancer, malaria, HIV/AIDS, smoking, alcohol, and traffic accidents combined.

The staggering number of deaths from abortion, in fact, has led certain observers to call abortion “the social justice cause of our time,” since judging from the sheer magnitude of the problem other human rights issues pale in comparison.

The year 2018 also saw the repeal of Ireland’s Eighth Amendment, one of the last laws recognizing and protecting the right to life of unborn children.

Last week, the UK Department of Health revealed that in 2017 — the last year for which it has revised abortion statistics — the number of UK abortions hit a 10-year high.

The figures were released just before the Christian celebration of the Feast of the Holy Innocents on December 28, commemorating the decree by King Herod that all male children in Israel under the age of two were to be killed.

The annual March for Life in the United States will take place in Washington, D.C., on January 18, 2019 with the theme “Unique from Day One.”

The stated purpose of the march is to end abortion by “uniting, educating, and mobilizing pro-life people in the public square.”

The annual march commemorates the January 22, 1973 Supreme Court decision in Roe v. Wade that invalidated 50 state laws and made abortion legal and available on demand throughout the United States.

It’s about 60 million in THIS country the USA since 1973. There are no social justice causes until infanticide is stopped.

Abortion Leading Cause of Death in 2018 with 41 Million Killed 02 01 2019.

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to jagdmesser For This Useful Post:

Munchkin
    „Friend of Germanics”
    Funding Membership Inactive
    Last Online
    Friday, April 30th, 2021 @ 12:29 AM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    English/Irish/French
    Ancestry
    England/Ireland/France
    Country
    United States United States
    State
    Indiana Indiana
    Gemini
    Family
    Married
    Occupation
    Deli Shift Leader/Manager
    Politics
    Centrist
    Religion
    Christian
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    486 Posts
    How many of those abortions were justified due to the following reasons?

1. Proven cases of rape.
    2. Incest
    3. Deformed fetus
    4. Life of mother endangered.

No. I don't believe abortions should be used as a form of contraception.
    Not all in life is at it appears to be.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LillyCaterina For This Useful Post:

6th army lives matter
    Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Flemish
    Ancestry
    Frankish
    Country
    Holy Roman Empire Holy Roman Empire
    Catholic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,511 Posts
    If aborted fetuses were to be shown on television, large swaths of the population would turn against abortion overnight. But it's against the law to do so - I dare say it's exactly to avoid public outrage.

‘Shout Your Abortion’ activist tells kids abortion is great, adoption isn’t

Amelia Bonow, best known as the founder of the “Shout Your Abortion” movement, which has spawned magazine interviews and even a book devoted to erasing the supposed stigma surrounding abortion, is now promoting abortion in a Facebook video — to children.

“Kids Meet” is an online video series where children meet and interview different people, and Bonow was the latest guest. But the children seem to have been highly coached to be accepting of abortion, while Bonow was given a free platform to indoctrinate children into her pro-abortion extremism.

Amelia Bonow, best known as the founder of the “Shout Your Abortion” movement, which has spawned magazine interviews and even a book devoted to erasing the supposed stigma surrounding abortion, is now promoting abortion in a Facebook video — to children.

“Kids Meet” is an online video series where children meet and interview different people, and Bonow was the latest guest. But the children seem to have been highly coached to be accepting of abortion, while Bonow was given a free platform to indoctrinate children into her pro-abortion extremism.

And according to this tweet from Bonow, she’ll soon have a “kids book about abortion”:

During the conversation in the video, a number of troubling talking points are made by both Bonow and the children, who appear to be pre-teens and teenagers. Bonow criticizes one boy who says abortion is only acceptable in certain circumstances, though this is a position the majority of Americans hold.

Bonow also admits she got pregnant due to unprotected sex with her boyfriend, but dismisses the idea that she was being irresponsible. She says her boyfriend supported the abortion.

The video also contains some offensive and dehumanizing language towards preborn babies. In describing the abortion procedure, Bonow says the abortionist “sucked the pregnancy out,” noticeably using the euphemism “pregnancy” to refer to the developing human.

One of the older children in the video dismisses the baby as a “sea cucumber,” and the scientific fact that life begins at conception is laughed at. “Yeah, I kind of like to compare it to, like, a sea cucumber,” a boy says while Bonow laughs. “It’s not thinking, it’s just living. It’s like your arm is not capable of complex thought. Neither is a baby inside your womb.”

Smiling, Bonow replies, “I like your take.”

But this “take” is devoid of any actual substance. Science has conclusively proven that preborn babies are alive, with heartbeats and measurable brain waves just weeks after conception. And while a preborn baby may not be capable of “complex thought,” the complexity or simplicity of our thoughts is not what makes us human. After all, born people, including people with intellectual disabilities, could be looked upon as undeserving of life because due to a lack of intellectual advancement. This is grossly anti-life and ableist.

When one child says he believes abortion can sometimes be wrong, Bonow responds, “I don’t know, I just don’t agree. Do we want people to just have all those babies?” The child offers adoption as another choice, but Bonow quickly denigrates adoption, implying that having a child somewhere out there in the world with another family would be worse than killing that child in abortion. What an insult to adoptees and their families everywhere.

One girl mentions that she is Catholic, which starts a discussion of the Catholic Church’s pro-life values. “I don’t think [the Catholic Church] likes it, because they see it as killing the baby,” the girl says hesitantly, while Bonow then asks she and another child what they think. They nervously and unsmilingly say they think it’s up to each person while Bonow grins and nods enthusiastically and says she feels supported — a clear encouragement to renounce the values of their faith and support abortion instead. Another child mentions that he’s religious, but that he thinks God approves of abortion, which Bonow agrees with. “I think it’s all part of God’s plan,” she says blithely.

And of course, the video is sure to attack pro-lifers. “I don’t call them pro-life, I call them anti-choice,” Bonow says. “Who would disagree with that statement? Like, being pro-life?” She continues by calling it “propaganda,” and then sets up a straw man she can knock down. “The people that say [they’re pro-life] don’t want to take care of people that have babies they can’t afford and then are totally poor,” she claims. “They want to deprive people of access to health care, and I’m just like, you guys aren’t pro-life. I’m pro-life.”

There’s also the prerequisite argument about “old white guys” controlling women’s bodies, ignoring the fact that it was “old white guys” — Bernard Nathanson and Larry Lader in particular — who married the feminist movement with the abortion movement and foisted it on women.

These vapid arguments are ridiculous enough when they’re made under typical circumstances, but it’s especially sickening to see this kind of indoctrination being forced on children, several of whom you could see were anxious to gain Bonow’s approval. Bonow may dismiss pro-life arguments as mere propaganda, but it’s hypocritical at the very least to say something like that while she participates in the propagation of children.
    Source: liveaction.org

This video luckily received a lot of criticism, as Bonow is an obvious extremist.
    “War is waged by men; not by beasts, or by gods. It is a peculiarly human activity. To call it a crime against mankind is to miss at least half its significance; it is also the punishment of a crime.” - Frederic Manning, The Middle Parts of Fortune

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Chlodovech For This Useful Post:

Omnia in bonum
    „Friend of Germanics”
    Last Online
    Saturday, January 25th, 2020 @ 12:34 PM
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-American
    Ancestry
    English and German
    Subrace
    Nordid + CM
    mtDNA
    K1c2
    Catholic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    605 Posts
    "Shout Your Abortion" movement? That really epitomizes the Culture of Death, which has its roots in moral relativism.
    'Well, what are you?" said the Pigeon. "I can see you're trying to invent something!" "I-I'm a little girl," said Alice, rather doubtfully. She found herself at last in a beautiful garden, among the bright flower-beds and the cool fountains.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Alice For This Useful Post:

Last Online
    1 Week Ago @ 04:18 PM
    Status
    Prolonged Absence
    Ethnicity
    Alsatian/Suevi
    Ancestry
    germanic/alsatian/Elsaesser
    Subrace
    Child of Creator God
    Country
    State
    Oregon Oregon
    Married
    Occupation
    retired - Aerospace Quality Engi
    Politics
    independent
    Religion
    Born again Christian,
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    504 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Alice View Post
    "Shout Your Abortion" movement? That really epitomizes the Culture of Death, which has its roots in moral relativism.
    It is plain murder........Animals know better than that............There is nothing in the laws of nature that we should kill our offspring's.

Beautiful rendering of what happens...........

/https://www.facebook.com/TRNDVideos/...04177576344172

14. The Following User Says Thank You to schwab For This Useful Post:

Account Inactive

Last Online
    Thursday, January 10th, 2019 @ 02:03 PM
    Ethnicity
    Danish
    Ancestry
    Denmark, Germany
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    It is unfortunate humans have gone so far as to kill their own children. I don’t believe this should be acceptable with the exception of rare cases in which it is for the best.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to bolverken For This Useful Post:

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jagdmesser For This Useful Post:

Wild Cat
    „Friend of Germanics”
    Last Online
    6 Days Ago @ 01:44 AM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    English/German American
    Ancestry
    England and Germany
    Country
    State
    Indiana Indiana
    Cancer
    Family
    Married
    Occupation
    I work at home.
    Politics
    Not a Republicrat.
    Religion
    Nondenominational Christian
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    927 Posts
    Ephesians 6:12 (King James Version)

"For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places."

Mathew 7:6 (King James Version)

"Give not that which is holy unto the dogs, neither cast ye your pearls before swine, lest they trample them under their feet, and turn again and rend you."

The line in the sand is being drawn for everyone to make a choice.

I know which side I stand on.
    Aside from an ever increasing number of mortals who have willfully chosen to worship Satan and his minions, our battle has always been against the powers and principalities operating surreptitiously throughout this twisted world.

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Gareth Lee Hunter For This Useful Post:

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast