Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Who Do You Consider to Be Your Own People or Folk?

One with Nature
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Daco-Germanic
    Ancestry
    Daci, Suebi, Carpi
    Single adult
    Politics
    Völkisch
    Religion
    Heidin
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    457 Posts

Who Do You Consider to Be Your Own People or Folk?

Who do you consider to be your own people or your own folk?

I suppose for those who are ethnically of only one kind, for example 100% German, or 100% Swedish, this question is easy to answer...

But what about those of you who are of mixed ethnicity, for example German+Swedish, or German+French, or German+Celtic, or Swedish+Finnish, or any other mix or combination?
    Die Farben duften frisch und grün... Lieblich haucht der Wind um mich.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Víđálfr For This Useful Post:

Last Online
    5 Days Ago @ 05:52 PM
    Status
    Prolonged Absence
    Ethnicity
    Alsatian/Suevi
    Ancestry
    germanic/alsatian/Elsaesser
    Subrace
    Child of Creator God
    Country
    United States United States
    State
    Oregon Oregon
    Married
    Occupation
    retired - Aerospace Quality Engi
    Politics
    independent
    Religion
    Born again Christian,
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    491 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Víđálfr View Post

I suppose for those who are ethnically of only one kind, for example 100% German, or 100% Swedish, this question is easy to answer...

But what about those of you who are of mixed ethnicity, for example German+Swedish, or German+French, or German+Celtic, or Swedish+Finnish, or any other mix or combination?
    I'm Alsatian. My "Ahnennachweispass" shows nothing but German names. I doubt that any of them are mixed with French blood.

Schwab, Roetsch, Baldensperger, Ernst, Kampmann, Bucher, Heyer, Bach, Kremer, Bachmann, Schnaebele, Brumter, Pfillig, Bub, Veit, Pfiffer, Gruber, Siegwalt, Keller, Ficht, Wolff, Hamm, Schneider, Harter........way back to the year 1600.

So, who knows for sure.

Wild Cat
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    @
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    English/German American
    Ancestry
    England and Germany
    Country
    State
    Indiana Indiana
    Cancer
    Family
    Married
    Occupation
    I work at home.
    Politics
    Not a Republicrat.
    Religion
    Nondenominational Christian
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    870 Posts
    As an American 'mutt', I consider any other European American citizen, rather they are of mixed ethnicity or not, to be my own kind if they share a kindred spirit concerning racial and ethnic preservation.
    Aside from an ever increasing number of mortals who have willfully chosen to worship Satan and his minions, our battle has always been against the powers and principalities operating surreptitiously throughout this twisted world.

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Gareth Lee Hunter For This Useful Post:

Account Inactive
    Last Online
    Sunday, January 6th, 2019 @ 05:14 PM
    Ethnicity
    Aryo-Germanic
    Ancestry
    1/2 German, 3/8 English, 1/8 Welsh
    Y-DNA
    R1b
    mtDNA
    V10b
    Country
    England England
    State
    Northumberland Northumberland
    Scorpio
    Family
    Parent,Co-habiting
    Occupation
    Retired
    Politics
    Exposing idiocy
    Religion
    Wodenist
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    254 Posts

There are no homogenous nations and there never have been. Ultimately it is race that is paramount, followed by religion. So I would broadly identify with any northern European, particularly those who share my heathen Weltanschauung. Politics-that doesn't matter-it only divides our people.

I do not and never will identify with southern Europeans generally unless they individually are sufficiently northern in appearance and attitude. All that oily dark skin, black hair and hand waving emotion is totally alien to me.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Wuotans Krieger For This Useful Post:

Last Online
    Status
    Prolonged Absence
    Ethnicity
    Alsatian/Suevi
    Ancestry
    Subrace
    Child of Creator God
    Country
    State
    Oregon Oregon
    Married
    Occupation
    Politics
    independent
    Religion
    Born again Christian,
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    491 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Gareth Lee Hunter View Post
    As an American 'mutt', I consider any other European American citizen, rather they are of mixed ethnicity or not, to be my own kind if they share a kindred spirit concerning racial and ethnic preservation.
    Most new immigrants no longer integrate and assimilate. Many don't make an effort to learn the language. Many don't want to be citizens and prefer to stay on their green card with all the benefits of every other American.
    When I came to America, I put on new shoes, got used to the American lifestyle and acted accordingly. I learned English. It is that easy.
    Many Official government papers come in different languages. That is wrong.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to schwab For This Useful Post:

One with Nature
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Daco-Germanic
    Ancestry
    Daci, Suebi, Carpi
    Single adult
    Politics
    Völkisch
    Religion
    Heidin
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    457 Posts
    schwab, you didn't answer the question of the thread, Who do you consider to be your own people or your own folk?

You said about your ancestry, now these, but still... your answer is not clear, at least for me it's not clear enough.

I think English is not that difficult to learn, at least now I can say this, but it took me many years, as my first foreign language. And English is used everywhere, so even if you don't want to learn it, you still get in touch with it. Otherwise I don't think I am that good with languages... Norwegian, for example, seemed really easy for me to learn in the beginning, but when I realized there are so many different dialects... I've talked with some Germanic people married to Norwegians who after many many years still don't master the Norwegian language and still find it difficult to speak and understand Norwegian! Also I knew a Dutch man who was struggling so much to learn Norwegian, even though his native language is so similar to Norwegian... he just told me he's really bad with languages though. And even Norwegian people, native speakers of Norwegian, told me they find it difficult to understand other Norwegian dialects, or even young people who speak Norwegian in a different way... so... sometimes it's not that easy to learn another language, even if it's similar to yours. But it's not only about the language though... English is a Germanic language too, but however, if you speak English or German or Dutch it doesn't necessarily make it easy for you to learn Norwegian, for example... I knew a German woman, too, who was so slow at learning Norwegian... It's not that easy for everyone!

How was for you to learn English? Is your native language German then?

However, let's go back to the main subject... So, who do you consider to be your own folk?

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Víđálfr For This Useful Post:

Last Online
    Status
    Prolonged Absence
    Ethnicity
    Alsatian/Suevi
    Ancestry
    Subrace
    Child of Creator God
    Country
    State
    Oregon Oregon
    Married
    Occupation
    Politics
    independent
    Religion
    Born again Christian,
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    491 Posts
    schwab, you didn't answer the question of the thread, Who do you consider to be your own people or your own folk?

How was for you to learn English? Is your native language German then?

However, let's go back to the main subject... So, who do you consider to be your own folk?
    Glad you asked.......... While I was still living in Europe and in Eastern France, I considered the Alsatians as my own folk, because of the language (Alsatian/low German),
    because of traditions, folklore, etc. However coming to the US, I had to let go. A new chapter began in 1963. So I integrated and assimilated and learned English.
    English for me was very easy to learn, I speak it with a slight accent. People think I'm from Holland. English being an Anglo-Saxon language I had no difficulties. I was a self learner. Back home in the old Country I was a certified interpreter/translator (French/German) and served the Gendarmerie Nationale (French National Police) stationed in various cities in Germany.
    So who are my present "own folk"? I would say anybody of Germanic descent or anybody that assimilated.
    I just moved here from California. Wherever you go shopping there, you here nothing but Spanish. I can read Spanish but I'm not willing to start speaking it.
    We are an English speaking Nation, get with it or leave, I am that blunt. It has nothing to do witk racism.
    Did I make that clear?

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to schwab For This Useful Post:

One with Nature
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Daco-Germanic
    Ancestry
    Daci, Suebi, Carpi
    Single adult
    Politics
    Völkisch
    Religion
    Heidin
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    457 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by schwab View Post
    So who are my present "own folk"? I would say anybody of Germanic descent or anybody that assimilated.
    What do you consider Germanic, though? That's another question... Some people can have Germanic ancestry without speaking a Germanic language as their native language... or they can speak a Germanic language as their native language without having entirely Germanic ancestry (or without having at all any Germanic ancestry)...
    Interesting story that one you shared... Good to have more experienced people around, who have been more years through life...

Quote Originally Posted by Wuotans Krieger View Post
    I do not and never will identify with southern Europeans generally unless they individually are sufficiently northern in appearance and attitude. All that oily dark skin, black hair and hand waving emotion is totally alien to me.
    Same with me. I don't relate at all to Southern Europeans, and I don't like languages like Spanish or Portuguese, neither Greek or others...
    However, I don't relate to Slavic people either, especially not with Russians. Ukrainians and Poles may be considered individually, as they can have some Germanic ancestry too...
    In my country of origin, which is Romania, I was told many times that I am Nordic in appearance and attitude (and even people from Scandinavia told me that too)... In Northern Germanic Europe, more specifically in Scandinavia and in Norway, I feel like I fit in much better than in Romania.
    As for Daco-Romanians, they are to be considered individually or in larger groups, but there's a longer story to go, maybe I'll write later about it...

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Víđálfr For This Useful Post:

Last Online
    Status
    Prolonged Absence
    Ethnicity
    Alsatian/Suevi
    Ancestry
    Subrace
    Child of Creator God
    Country
    State
    Oregon Oregon
    Married
    Occupation
    Politics
    independent
    Religion
    Born again Christian,
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    491 Posts
    "What do you consider Germanic, though? That's another question... Some people can have Germanic ancestry without speaking a Germanic language as their native language... or they can speak a Germanic language as their native language without having entirely Germanic ancestry (or without having at all any Germanic ancestry)...
    Interesting story that one you shared... Good to have more experienced people around, who have been more years through life..."

You are an interesting person stimulating thoughts.
    Here is a good example of being "Germanic".
    I'm Alsatian, my wife is a German National from Germany.
    Our daughter was born in 1961 in a French military hospital in Trier Germany.
    We moved to the US in 1963. She speaks fluent English without an accent. She does not speak German but understands it somewhat.
    So what is she? I consider her a German American or of Germanic descent.
    My wife's sister is married to a German National refusing to become a citizen here is the US. His father was born of German parents in Romania. The question would be are the grand parents german or Romanian? That I cannot answer.
    In your case, chances are that you are of Germanic descent.
    Did you dig deep in your ancestry?

Funding Member
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Finnish Swede
    Ancestry
    Father: Swedish, Mother Finnish Swede
    Subrace
    Sub-Nordid - Nordid - Baltid mix
    Country
    Other Other
    State
    Finland Swede Community Finland Swede Community
    Zodiac Sign
    Pisces
    Occupation
    Student
    Politics
    No specific ideology
    Religion
    Lutheran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,320 Posts

As reading the thread...the first idea which came to my mind was that I have two home countries instead of one. That is not so with most of Finnish Swedes (like my mother).

Secondly as I have lived in Finland (even Swedish speaking area) my whole life.... it sometimes feels bit odd to go Sweden. You hear your own language now everywhere but people are still bit different (mentally). More than once some Swedish have looked me bit long (like ... oh no ...you cannot say that aloud).

Ok. Finnish Swedes are the people to whom I like to identify and secondly Swedish, thirdly Scandinavians. That still does not mean that I could't respect Finns or that I would have something against them.

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Finnish Swede For This Useful Post:

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast