Anglo-Canadian
    Country
    Dominion of Canada Dominion of Canada
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    44 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Herr Rentz View Post
    I love how people with no engineering, aerospace, space, or aviation background sit on the sidelines and claim no one went to the moon.

It's funny, but I see no one, including you and I, in the above mentioned fields denying those claims.
    All the pro-moon landing side has done is accuse the opposition of being deluded (petty insults), claim to be experts in rocketry (classic appeal to authority), compare moon landing skeptics to flat-earthers (ad hominem), etc.
    Last edited by GroeneWolf; Sunday, August 4th, 2019 at 04:36 AM. Reason: playing the person and not the ball

Last Online
    Sunday, August 11th, 2019 @ 07:31 PM
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-Canadian
    Country
    Dominion of Canada Dominion of Canada
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    44 Posts

Part 2: An Info Bomb About Moon Stuff

Quote Originally Posted by SaxonPagan View Post
    Stuff about alien sightings, flying objects, abandoned cities etc.. are just attempts to explain why we never went back and they all support the claim that we went there in the first place.
    Good point. You might find it interesting to know that the guy who created the 'alien cities on the moon' conspiracy was John Lear. Here's a photo of him promoting his UFO stories:

In real life, he was a CIA agent and member of the Lear family (producers of the famed Learjets & other aerospace equipment):

These guys weaponize conspiracy theories in order to push the narrative they want. They pump out endless stupid 'conspiracies' (White people be da real real Hebrewz, the moon is populated with aliens, the twin towers were hit with energy beams, etc.) in order to dazzle the audience.

Once you see it, you can never unsee it.

Last Online
    7 Hours Ago @ 01:43 PM
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-American
    Country
    United States United States
    State
    New York New York
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    430 Posts
    Yes we've been to the moon you can see the landing site.
    Last edited by GroeneWolf; Sunday, August 4th, 2019 at 04:37 AM. Reason: playing the person and not the ball

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Astragoth For This Useful Post:

Moderator "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Dutch
    Subrace
    Don't know
    Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    State
    Utrecht Utrecht
    Family
    Single adult
    Religion
    Germanic Heathendom
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    213 Posts
    [mod-mode]Oke people; play the ball, not the person. And unfortunately this tread contains multiple examples of the latter.[/mod-mode]

Quote Originally Posted by Dani View Post
    The escape velocity of Earth is 11.2 Km/S or 33 times the speed of sound. The escape velocity of the moon is 2.8 Km/S aka over 6,000 mph (approximately 1/4 of the previous value).
    First one seems to be correct according to the NASA fact-sheet comparing the moon and earth, but the figure you gave for the moon does not seem to be correct. So what is your source for that one?

Think about what this means for fuel requirements in order to send the lunar lander into orbit (it would require more fuel than the entire weight of the lander).
    If you mean launching the lander in to orbit from earth, that is what the Saturn V was for. Unless you want to claim that it launched itself in to orbit from Earth.

The math does not add up.
    Please show how you, or the one who gave you those figures, calculated how much fuel would be needed and that it was more then was claimed to be used.

Quote Originally Posted by Dani View Post
    Good point. You might find it interesting to know that the guy who created the 'alien cities on the moon' conspiracy was John Lear. Here's a photo of him promoting his UFO stories:

In real life, he was a CIA agent and member of the Lear family (producers of the famed Learjets & other aerospace equipment):

These guys weaponize conspiracy theories in order to push the narrative they want. They pump out endless stupid 'conspiracies' (White people be da real real Hebrewz, the moon is populated with aliens, the twin towers were hit with energy beams, etc.) in order to dazzle the audience.

Once you see it, you can never unsee it.
    So, presuming for the moment that he is/was indeed CIA. Would talking about alien cities on the moon as the reason why the Apollo program was scrapped really serve the goal of discrediting people who claim the moon landing was faked?
    The sense of honor is of so fine and delicate a nature that
    it is only to be met with in minds which are naturally noble or
    cultivated by good examples and a refined education.
    - Sir Richard Steele

Last Online
    1 Hour Ago @ 07:30 PM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    German
    Ancestry
    Northern Germany
    Subrace
    Faelid
    Country
    Germany Germany
    State
    North Rhine-Westphalia North Rhine-Westphalia
    Zodiac Sign
    Sagittarius
    Family
    Married
    Occupation
    Pestilent Supremacy
    Politics
    Blut und Boden
    Religion
    Fimbulwinter
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    534 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Astragoth View Post
    Yes we've been to the moon you can see the landing site.
    Hm, I see nothing

The problem with this claim is that there are no photos to prove it. Photos look like this, all of them, with a variety of scripted "marks" added to them, where something allegedly is, but which cannot be seen. This is of course due to the resolution of the photos made from earth, even super-high resolution still has like 5m or 10meters PER PIXEL. It is simply not possible to see a tool left behind, even if they had been there.

And for the reflexion thingy. Moon at least once was vulcano active (it probably still is, but that is unclear), in spectrum fotos one can see coloured glass which is the result of vulcanic activity. And then they shoot a laser at the moon with billions of light particles (3*1018), and they get back one (1) single of these light particles, if they are lucky, sometimes they get none. The glass sand on the moon would do the same, there is no need for "mirrors". And given that just such a tiny amount comes back, this is apparently rather random. A mirror with a smooth surface would throw back much more particles, they even say it's not just mirrors, but special reflectors with a surface that force the light to return the same path as it came. So why "less than one" comes back only?

These are simply things that raise questions, to which there is no conclusive answer.

Maybe man went to the moon, and von Braun took the secret how to build rockets with him into his grave, and that's why the program was canceled. Who knows, but the super secrecy they hide behind does not help their credibility at all. If they had proof for what they claim, why not just spam it out?
    Ein Leben ist nichts, deine Sprosse sind alles
    Aller Sturm nimmt nichts, weil dein Wurzelgriff zu stark ist
    und endet meine Frist, weiss ich dass du noch da bist
    Gefürchtet von der Zeit, mein Baum, mein Stamm in Ewigkeit

my signature

7. The Following User Says Thank You to velvet For This Useful Post:

Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Dutch
    Subrace
    Don't know
    Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    State
    Utrecht Utrecht
    Family
    Single adult
    Religion
    Germanic Heathendom
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    213 Posts
    The budgets of successful programmes do NOT get slashed and the projects themselves discontinued.
    First of all, you have shifting political priorities. Not to mention that the Apollo-program was under assault from the beginning, for among things that the money could be better used on bringing relief to the (black) ghettoes :

Had President Kennedy been confronted in 1961 with a choice--sending men to the moon or bringing relief to the ghettoes--I think he would have postponed the Apollo project. Today we still have a choice. A firm decision on post-Apollo, at a saving of $3 billion per year, could signal a new order of national priorities. Surely, people in the ghetto must view manned and orbital flight as space-larking.
    And to emphasise I was not talking about immigrants, when I wrote making minorities feel good about themselves. Alto I did brought up a decision made under Obama as an example of a similar decision being made. And you are probably not aware that Hidden Figures was not about claiming immigrants (of course we are not talking about scientists brought in under operation paperclip) where critical to the success of the Apollo program, but a trio of Black-African women.

And like I said before during the 70's NASA came under increasing assault for it lack of (as the left defines it) diversity in its workforce and even more so in its science and engineering teams.

Had those colonies on Mars you mention been viable, Astra, this would have been pursued with great vigour.
    Please tell, how much political support was there for such a program? Because viable or not, there has to be enough political support to provide for the necessary funding. Or else it does not matter.

So where is the proof that all the money has been spent on welfare instead? I could just as easily say it's been spent on foreign wars, or whatever else I just thought up on the spur of the moment.
    I would have appreciated it if you tried at least to find out if that might indeed have been the explanation. Now based on that their share of the federal budget has dropped sharply, with the middle of the 60's for Defence and the beginning of the 70's for NASA, the answer appears to be no.

Now I could not find as quickly a chart that gave a historical graphic of the size of the total of welfare programs as part of the federal budget that could serve as indirect evidence for the statement the NASA-budget was slashed in favour of welfare programs. So on that part I have to say it at the moment inconclusive.
    - Sir Richard Steele

9. The Following User Says Thank You to GroeneWolf For This Useful Post:

Last Online
    1 Minute Ago @ 08:47 PM
    Ethnicity
    English
    Ancestry
    English, Anglo-Saxon
    Country
    England England
    Aries
    Family
    Married
    Occupation
    Self Employed
    Politics
    Free Speech / Anti-EU
    Religion
    Pagan
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,367 Posts
    I would have appreciated it if you tried at least to find out if that might indeed have been the explanation. Now based on that their share of the federal budget has dropped sharply, with the middle of the 60's for Defence and the beginning of the 70's for NASA, the answer appears to be no.
    GW, I didn't bother because this is not an area I want to explore in any detail. I don't really care where a part of the NASA budget was diverted to after interest in the moon suddenly ceased.

You say there was no political support for continuing the space programme but why did NASA spend the next 3 decades messing about with Space Shuttles etc..? It makes no sense to conquer the moon and then focus on low earth orbit projects that don't capture the public's imagination to anything like the same extent.

Logically, things should have been done in reverse order. After the moon you head for the planets, the stars and even beyond but the USA took the mysterious decision to go the other way. IMO there's an easily explainable reason for this

11. The Following User Says Thank You to SaxonPagan For This Useful Post:

Last Online
    1 Hour Ago @ 07:30 PM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    German
    Ancestry
    Northern Germany
    Subrace
    Faelid
    Country
    Germany Germany
    State
    North Rhine-Westphalia North Rhine-Westphalia
    Zodiac Sign
    Sagittarius
    Family
    Married
    Occupation
    Pestilent Supremacy
    Politics
    Blut und Boden
    Religion
    Fimbulwinter
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    534 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GroeneWolf View Post
    Now I could not find as quickly a chart that gave a historical graphic of the size of the total of welfare programs as part of the federal budget that could serve as indirect evidence for the statement the NASA-budget was slashed in favour of welfare programs. So on that part I have to say it at the moment inconclusive.
    Given that only the Afghanistan war until 2011 had cost 5.1 TRILLION (a trillion is 1000 billion) Dollars (plus the same or maybe more since then) it might be political propaganda blah to say this or that budget has been slashed in favour of something else, but this is to appease groups of people or "justify" decisions when in reality it has nothing to do with money, of which there seems to be an endless supply, as long as there is the will to go for something.

So the much more interesting question is why they really slashed the program.
    Ein Leben ist nichts, deine Sprosse sind alles
    Aller Sturm nimmt nichts, weil dein Wurzelgriff zu stark ist
    und endet meine Frist, weiss ich dass du noch da bist
    Gefürchtet von der Zeit, mein Baum, mein Stamm in Ewigkeit

my signature

13. The Following User Says Thank You to velvet For This Useful Post:

Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Dutch
    Subrace
    Don't know
    Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    State
    Utrecht Utrecht
    Family
    Single adult
    Religion
    Germanic Heathendom
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    213 Posts
    You say there was no political support for continuing the space programme but why did NASA spend the next 3 decades messing about with Space Shuttles etc..? It makes no sense to conquer the moon and then focus on low earth orbit projects that don't capture the public's imagination to anything like the same extent.
    I said space exploration. And in more specific the Apollo-program and the plans NASA had for after that.

For the rest, I am not going to do your homework for you, just for you to then go on and say you do not really care about it.

I didn't bother because this is not an area I want to explore in any detail. I don't really care where a part of the NASA budget was diverted to after interest in the moon suddenly ceased.
    - Sir Richard Steele

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456