Thread: Negroes Re-Enforcing Negative Stereotypes in Film When Trying to Come Across as Victims

Funding Member
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-American
    Ancestry
    Britain, Ulster, Germany, America
    Subrace
    Dalofaelid+Baltid/Borreby
    Y-DNA
    R-Z19
    mtDNA
    U5a2c
    Country
    United States United States
    State
    Indiana Indiana
    Family
    Married
    Politics
    Anti-Obama
    Religion
    Conservative Protestantism
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    226 Posts

Negroes Re-Enforcing Negative Stereotypes in Film When Trying to Come Across as Victims

I recently came across a list of some of the worst films ever made. One that caught my eye was Goodbye Uncle Tom. I found a copy posted at Youtube. The film is Italian and was made in 1971. The premise is that two documentary filmmakers travel back in time to the Antebellum South (exactly how they do this is not explained) to make a docudrama on the horrors of slavery in the American South. Predictably the film makes the Whites look like inhumane, evil, raving lunatics. And though I don't think it was intended the Negroes are barbaric, submissive subhumans. "Gone With the Wind" it pro-Negro compare to "Goodbye Uncle Tom". When the film was released it was condemned by both Roger Ebert and David Duke. Ebert because it made the Negroes look bad and it appears the directors submitted the extras/actors to inhumane treatment. The film is obscene & likely had an X rating when originally released. Duke claimed the film would incite violence against Whites. I'm guessing the reason it didn't is because it wasn't widely released in the US.

Another example is Claudine from 1974. Diahann Carroll plays Claudine a single Negro mother of six in her mid-thirties. Claudine is receiving welfare but works on the side as a maid. It is not explained why Claudine doesn't have a husband (or if she has ever been married) or if all her children have the same father. Claudine starts seeing a garbage man (played by James Earl Jones) who has children of his own but doesn't support them leaving their support to the welfare system. The film implies that it is 'The Man's" (Whities) fault they live this way. But.... this really just re-enforces what a lot of White people think about Negroes. Claudine was made for a Negro audience and it shows, in a realistic way, how they view welfare and their sense-of-entitlement.

Account Inactive
    Last Online
    Sunday, January 6th, 2019 @ 05:14 PM
    Ethnicity
    Aryo-Germanic
    Ancestry
    1/2 German, 3/8 English, 1/8 Welsh
    Y-DNA
    R1b
    mtDNA
    V10b
    Country
    England England
    State
    Northumberland Northumberland
    Scorpio
    Family
    Parent,Co-habiting
    Occupation
    Retired
    Politics
    Exposing idiocy
    Religion
    Wodenist
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    254 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Æmeric View Post
    I recently came across a list of some of the worst films ever made. One that caught my eye was Goodbye Uncle Tom. I found a copy posted at Youtube. The film is Italian and was made in 1971. The premise is that two documentary filmmakers travel back in time to the Antebellum South (exactly how they do this is not explained) to make a docudrama on the horrors of slavery in the American South. Predictably the film makes the Whites look like inhumane, evil, raving lunatics. And though I don't think it was intended the Negroes are barbaric, submissive subhumans. "Gone With the Wind" it pro-Negro compare to "Goodbye Uncle Tom". When the film was released it was condemned by both Roger Ebert and David Duke. Ebert because it made the Negroes look bad and it appears the directors submitted the extras/actors to inhumane treatment. The film is obscene & likely had an X rating when originally released. Duke claimed the film would incite violence against Whites. I'm guessing the reason it didn't is because it wasn't widely released in the US.

Another example is Claudine from 1974. Diahann Carroll plays Claudine a single Negro mother of six in her mid-thirties. Claudine is receiving welfare but works on the side as a maid. It is not explained why Claudine doesn't have a husband (or if she has ever been married) or if all her children have the same father. Claudine starts seeing a garbage man (played by James Earl Jones) who has children of his own but doesn't support them leaving their support to the welfare system. The film implies that it is 'The Man's" (Whities) fault they live this way. But.... this really just re-enforces what a lot of White people think about Negroes. Claudine was made for a Negro audience and it shows, in a realistic way, how they view welfare and their sense-of-entitlement.
    They are the descendants of slaves so they are hardly likely to buy into the capitalist system of the USA. This surely highlights the evil of slavery. All races have been slaves and all races have owned or traded in slaves but this does not make it any more palatable.