View Poll Results: Can the Existence of God be Proven?

Voters
36. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes the Existence of God can be proven.

    8 22.22%
  • No the Existence of God can't be proven.

    18 50.00%
  • There is no valid answer to this question.

    10 27.78%
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 103

Thread: Can The Existence of God be Proven?

  1. #11
    Account Inactive
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Last Online
    Thursday, February 9th, 2006 @ 08:40 AM
    Gender
    Posts
    805
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    1
    Thanked in
    1 Post

    Post Re: Can The Existence of God be Proven?

    Quote Originally Posted by Resurgent Atavism
    Monty Python sketch soon to follow...
    "And on the seventh day God finished His work which He had done, surveying all that His hand had created -- having besmirched the mind of the Smart Monkey -- and said 'Oh shit...'."

  2. #12
    "Du bist das Bild, das ich in mir barg..."
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

    Siegmund's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Last Online
    Tuesday, April 11th, 2017 @ 11:14 PM
    Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Gender
    Politics
    Folkish
    Posts
    1,028
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    10
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

    Post Re: Can The Existence of God be Proven?

    Absolutely not. People cannot even agree on the meaning of the concept of "God," much less prove that whatever it is they mean by that concept actually exists.

  3. #13
    Senior Member Jack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Last Online
    Friday, March 25th, 2016 @ 08:28 AM
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-Celt Australian
    Subrace
    Keltic Nordic
    Country
    Australia Australia
    State
    Victoria Victoria
    Location
    Terra Australis
    Gender
    Age
    33
    Family
    Married
    Occupation
    Guerilla Philosopher
    Politics
    Aristotelian Nationalist
    Religion
    Roman Catholic
    Posts
    1,810
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    2
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

    Post Re: Can The Existence of God be Proven?

    Define 'God'.

    The idea of first cause is refuted by infinite regression.
    All men dream, but not equally. Those who dream at night, in the dusky recesses of their minds, wake in the day to find that it was vanity. But the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams, with open eyes, to make it possible.

  4. #14
    Account Inactive
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Last Online
    Saturday, October 2nd, 2004 @ 09:26 PM
    Subrace
    Other
    Gender
    Politics
    Communism
    Posts
    2
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

    Post

    Quote Originally Posted by Northern_Paladin
    Can The Existence of God be Proven?
    Yes.

    If so how.
    With science.

  5. #15
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Last Online
    Thursday, March 31st, 2005 @ 08:21 AM
    Subrace
    Borreby/Keltic-Nordic
    Country
    United States United States
    Location
    California
    Gender
    Age
    37
    Occupation
    Student
    Politics
    Pan-European Nationalist
    Religion
    Catholic, pre-Vatican II
    Posts
    23
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

    Post Re: Can The Existence of God be Proven?

    I vote no, because technically, Science only disproves theories in order to seek a law or truth.

    Persoanlly though, science cannot prove everything. I find it odd that the order of events described by Creationists mimic those subscribed to by Atheists and Evolutionists. I believe the Big Bang theory is nonsense. It violates the principles that govern it. Matter cannot be created or destroyed, it only changes form. In that case, the matter/energy needed to create everything as we know it in the universe cannot simply have just existed. The odds of it all being bound up in to a ball and just exploding 13 some billion years ago is rediculous. Thinking that somehow this is all a freak accident and we are no more than a continuation of chemical interractions is also rediculous. Order does not derive from chaos.

    Sometiems I think that those who do not believe in a higher power, no matter what we call him/her/it, are just unable to accept the fact their life has meaning and that there exists a being greater and more important than themselves.

  6. #16
    Account Inactive
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Last Online
    Thursday, February 9th, 2006 @ 08:40 AM
    Gender
    Posts
    805
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    1
    Thanked in
    1 Post

    Post Re: Can The Existence of God be Proven?

    Quote Originally Posted by SKSOB
    I believe the Big Bang theory is nonsense. It violates the principles that govern it. Matter cannot be created or destroyed, it only changes form. In that case, the matter/energy needed to create everything as we know it in the universe cannot simply have just existed. The odds of it all being bound up in to a ball and just exploding 13 some billion years ago is rediculous.
    The three pillars of the Big Bang are the measured predictions of nucleosynthesis (from first principles -- elemental proportions of primordial gas bodies), observed and measured Hubble (accelerated) expansion, and the very accurately measured cosmic microwave background radiation (also predicted from first principles -- photon decoupling). Suffice it to say, if a hypothesis has been strengthened by the results of three independent tests, this suggest there might be some validity to that hypothesis. The Big Bang is certainly not nonsense -- to ignore what has been deduced and observed would be not be reasonable.

    Also, the laws of physics did not exist prior to the existence of space and time. Consequently, there is no point in invoking the conversation of energy to disprove the Big Bang. Our current, accepted laws of physics ceased to exist at the (putative) singularity and any attempt to describe those laws that did hold sway is entirely supposition.

  7. #17
    Funding Member
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member


    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Last Online
    Saturday, October 7th, 2006 @ 01:24 AM
    Gender
    Posts
    814
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    1
    Thanked in
    1 Post

    Post Re: Can The Existence of God be Proven?

    Quote Originally Posted by SKSOB
    Sometiems I think that those who do not believe in a higher power, no matter what we call him/her/it, are just unable to accept the fact their life has meaning and that there exists a being greater and more important than themselves.
    I completely agree.

    The universe is something so beautiful and intricately complex that a scientific explanation for it's existence does not satisfy me. I cannot believe that our existence has come about by chance, some fluke of nature...I appreciate the earth and it's creatures far too much to say, "this was a natural accident, and nothing more."

    I don't believe in God because I have proof, or because of religion or faith... I believe in God because I see life as something so incredibly amazing and wonderful that there has to be something more than atoms and molecules and science...To see a perfect sunset or a smiling child is enough "proof" for me to know that something greater lies just beyond our grasp.

    Believing in science's answer to life is easy, even mediocre...But believing in something that you cannot see or feel with your fingertips is probably one of the hardest things there is.
    "Nature! We are surrounded and embraced by her:
    powerless to separate ourselves from her, and powerless to penetrate beyond her.

    Without asking, or warning, she snatches us up into her circling dance, and whirls us on until we are tired, and drop from her arms." - Goethe

  8. #18
    Senior Member Stríbog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Last Online
    Thursday, January 13th, 2005 @ 12:45 AM
    Subrace
    Nordid-Baltid (Aistin)
    Country
    Vinland Vinland
    Location
    Where Rust Belt meets Farm Belt
    Gender
    Age
    36
    Occupation
    college student
    Politics
    Environmentalism and eugenics
    Religion
    occultism & Nature worship
    Posts
    2,160
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    4
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

    Post Re: Can The Existence of God be Proven?

    Quote Originally Posted by Libertad_Alex
    Yes.

    With science.
    You're not a very good Communist...

  9. #19
    Account Inactive
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Last Online
    Thursday, July 5th, 2012 @ 07:07 AM
    Subrace
    Atlantid
    Country
    United States United States
    Location
    Metropolis
    Gender
    Age
    39
    Family
    Single
    Occupation
    Journalist
    Religion
    Protestant
    Posts
    6,672
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    10
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

    Post Re: Can The Existence of God be Proven?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack The Ripper
    Define 'God'.

    The idea of first cause is refuted by infinite regression.
    Infinite regression can not be applied to a finite Universe.

    Infinity is just an abstract idea that exists only in our minds. In reality nothing in the Universe is infinite because the Universe itself did not always exist but had a beginning.

    According to Science the Universe began at the Big Bang and has been expanding ever since. The mere fact that the Universe has a beginning and is expanding proves that it is not infinite.

  10. #20
    Account Inactive
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Last Online
    Thursday, July 5th, 2012 @ 07:07 AM
    Subrace
    Atlantid
    Country
    United States United States
    Location
    Metropolis
    Gender
    Age
    39
    Family
    Single
    Occupation
    Journalist
    Religion
    Protestant
    Posts
    6,672
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    10
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

    Post Re: Can The Existence of God be Proven?

    Quote Originally Posted by SKSOB
    I vote no, because technically, Science only disproves theories in order to seek a law or truth.

    Persoanlly though, science cannot prove everything. I find it odd that the order of events described by Creationists mimic those subscribed to by Atheists and Evolutionists. I believe the Big Bang theory is nonsense. It violates the principles that govern it. Matter cannot be created or destroyed, it only changes form. In that case, the matter/energy needed to create everything as we know it in the universe cannot simply have just existed. The odds of it all being bound up in to a ball and just exploding 13 some billion years ago is rediculous. Thinking that somehow this is all a freak accident and we are no more than a continuation of chemical interractions is also rediculous. Order does not derive from chaos.

    Sometiems I think that those who do not believe in a higher power, no matter what we call him/her/it, are just unable to accept the fact their life has meaning and that there exists a being greater and more important than themselves.
    The fact matter/energy can not be generated out of nothing testifies that God exists.

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Ancient Herb Proven to be a Potential Cure for Alzheimer’s
    By Verðandi in forum Health, Fitness & Nutrition
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: Friday, April 13th, 2012, 03:57 PM
  2. British Sense of Fair Play Proven by Science
    By Blood_Axis in forum Psychology, Behavior, & Neuroscience
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: Thursday, March 20th, 2008, 01:56 AM
  3. Genetics Have Proven It: Your Eyes Depict Your Personality!
    By Marinus in forum Medical & Behavioral Genetics
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: Saturday, March 10th, 2007, 12:19 PM
  4. Replies: 1
    Last Post: Friday, May 27th, 2005, 09:37 AM
  5. Replies: 0
    Last Post: Monday, March 22nd, 2004, 10:07 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •