Thread: Not new, but I feel new - so more greeting, less introduction.

Funding Member
    „Friend of Germanics”
    Funding Membership Inactive
    Last Online
    Sunday, April 12th, 2020 @ 06:19 PM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    Swedish
    Ancestry
    Sweden, Ireland, Finland.
    Subrace
    Nordid
    Country
    United States United States
    State
    California California
    Taurus
    Family
    Married parent
    Occupation
    Avoiding one.
    Politics
    Disinterested.
    Religion
    Heathen
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

Cool Not new, but I feel new - so more greeting, less introduction.

It's been a big year. Did a lot of traveling to northern Europe, met some (maybe) blood relations - that story will bear out in the next few weeks, probably. It's been an interesting time and I'm looking forward to seeing what happens next. In my head, I've learned so much that I feel like a new and different guy. So, hey, hi, how y'all doin'.

Sure are a lot of angry people in and around Europe, family definitely included. Friends in Germany, Sweden, and Norway very concerned. Me, not so much worried in the hand-wringing sort of a way. Mostly pensive and observant. One of my favorite questions when I'm in a congenial group of people is "so, met any Canaanites lately?" That one question can start a landslide of reactions and fomentations, lordy. But it's a constructive thing to do, when everybody's being honest and we keep the histrionics to a minimum. Kinda.

It's the Week of Turkey here in The States. Nothing really gets done, work-wise (as if I notice). I'll likely spent extra time catching up in here (I've been a lazy participant) and making some things in the shed (a pair of nordic roller skis is at the very top of my list of things I'd like to make for myself, and they have to be AWESOME).

But for now it's time to make dinner for the progeny (pork, apples, and something vegetable on the side - despite the youngest's protestations).

Cheers until later,
    jwe

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Jonathan Eells For This Useful Post: