Thread: NordArk

Post NordArk

NordArk

The NordArk website has been created to guide those seeking information chiefly about Nordic archaeology. Contact Gun Larsson at the Library of the Royal Academy of Letters, History and Antiquities if you have any views to share or if you want more information about NordArk.

NordArk consists of three autonomous main sections - a Swedish and an English information guide and a library with descriptions of and links to publications on the Internet (The Knowledge Archives). There are two ways to search for information in NordArk: you can navigate via the orientation maps of the Information Guide and the Knowledge Archives and the page menus, or you can use NordArk's search function.

Project NordArk, stage 2

The Library has built up the NordArk website in three stages, with project funding from BIBSAM, the Royal Library's division for national coordination and development. The latest phase, stage 2, was concluded in August-September 2003. The final stage involves expanding the former Link Library into a larger teaching resource - known as the Knowledge Archives - with more resources and translations of titles and descriptions. Also new is the English-language version of the Information Guide.

A sub-project that has also been planned was to determine a meta-data standard and produce a meta-index of NordArk's web pages, but after consultation with BIBSAM the actual meta-indexing has been postponed, possibly to be implemented as a follow-up project. We await coming decisions about standards and technology for the future Library Portal (read more, in Swedish, under the heading "Utredningar" at the BIBSAM website), which will hopefully be published in autumn 2003.

http://www.hgo.se/nordark/

Last Online
    Tuesday, October 11th, 2016 @ 12:05 PM
    Ethnicity
    Swedish
    Subrace
    Nordid
    Country
    Germany Germany
    State
    Bavaria Bavaria
    Odinist
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Post Re: NordArk

Quote Originally Posted by Frans_Jozef
    NordArk

The NordArk website has been created to guide those seeking information chiefly about Nordic archaeology. Contact Gun Larsson at the Library of the Royal Academy of Letters, History and Antiquities if you have any views to share or if you want more information about NordArk.

NordArk consists of three autonomous main sections - a Swedish and an English information guide and a library with descriptions of and links to publications on the Internet (The Knowledge Archives). There are two ways to search for information in NordArk: you can navigate via the orientation maps of the Information Guide and the Knowledge Archives and the page menus, or you can use NordArk's search function.

Project NordArk, stage 2

The Library has built up the NordArk website in three stages, with project funding from BIBSAM, the Royal Library's division for national coordination and development. The latest phase, stage 2, was concluded in August-September 2003. The final stage involves expanding the former Link Library into a larger teaching resource - known as the Knowledge Archives - with more resources and translations of titles and descriptions. Also new is the English-language version of the Information Guide.

A sub-project that has also been planned was to determine a meta-data standard and produce a meta-index of NordArk's web pages, but after consultation with BIBSAM the actual meta-indexing has been postponed, possibly to be implemented as a follow-up project. We await coming decisions about standards and technology for the future Library Portal (read more, in Swedish, under the heading "Utredningar" at the BIBSAM website), which will hopefully be published in autumn 2003.

http://www.hgo.se/nordark/
    I've been a student in archaeology and history in that school the link comes from and i loved my time there.
    NordArk is a good site...at least i think soo
    /M
    I fly upon the blackest of wings - I soar through the dark night sky
    I answer no call but my own - I alone forge my reality
    For I am the Raven - The child of Odin