Nationalism
    Religion
    Odinism
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    181 Posts

Two Thirds of Norwegian Men Fear False MeToo Accusations

Over half of Norwegians, at 57%, fear men could be victimised by false accusations of sexual harassment in the aftermath of the #MeToo campaign that gained international momentum after sexual misconduct allegations against Hollywood producer Harvey Weinstein and a number of others made waves around the world. Two out of three Norwegian men are worried about false allegations of sexual harassment after the international #MeToo campaign, reports Klassekampen showing the results of a survey done by pollster Sentio. Not so surprisingly, people in the youngest age bracket showed the most concern, in comparison to older age groups. Modern feminism and blatant calls to idiocy such as “Believe Women” implying we should believe the word of a person, instead of the evidence, has men, understandably concerned and more cautious during interactions with the fairer sex. False allegations drove a Swedish theatre director to suicide, which makes this a hot-button topic in Scandinavia. “Fredriksson came under fire last December by Swedish newspaper Aftonbladet which reported that he had let male actors sexually harass female actors, had pushed a woman into having an abortion, and turned the city theatre into a personal “dictatorship”.” – Reports Breitbart. False sexual harassment accusations are no joke, they can and have, destroyed men’s lives. Christian Andersen, the chief editor of the newspaper Fremover, who warned last year, that the #Metoo campaign would target innocent victims, explains how men are now worried about this new social setting and how that is turning society more broadly, colder. “I was recently on a management course where men admitted they always ask for permission before giving employees a hug and avoid being alone with female colleagues. Then it struck me that a fear has been created in men, which makes them more self-aware, but can also lead to an unhealthy situation,” Andersen to Klassekampen. A dangerous weapon Andersen argued that the fear of being wrongly accused of harassment and abuse has always been present, but has only increased since #MeToo. “It’s not necessarily because there have been so many examples of false accusations, but because of the consequences,” Andersen noted. He argues that while the threshold for unacceptable behaviour has become lower, consequences for it have become higher, being fired for example, or almost having your life ruined, such as in the case of American Supreme Court Justice Kavanaugh. This environment, where men have to walk on eggshells around women, has further increased their fear. There is a reason why Lady Justice is depicted as blind, because Justice cannot take sides, it must weigh the evidence of both sides, and can only believe the evidence.
    The post Two Thirds of Norwegian Men Fear False MeToo Accusations appeared first on Defend Europa.

More...

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Blod og Jord For This Useful Post:

Funding Member
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Finnish Swede
    Ancestry
    Father: Swedish, Mother Finnish Swede
    Subrace
    Sub-Nordid - Nordid - Baltid mix
    Country
    Other Other
    State
    Finland Swede Community Finland Swede Community
    Zodiac Sign
    Pisces
    Occupation
    Student
    Politics
    No specific ideology
    Religion
    Lutheran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,177 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Blod og Jord View Post
    Anyone can think whatever he/she feels about ''Me Too'' campaign. No doubt there have been ''mistakes'' too, like always then something really changes. Overall sexual harassment is quite difficult issue (if we forget pure physical ones). It differs a lot person by person .... what someone can still keep ''acceptable'' talks/behavior ... someone else doesn't anymore. It is partly a personal feeling and personal experience. Which is right or wrong then?

No matter what ... in big picture .... I think it is good that people can now really talked about these matters/cases. If even half of the cases have been someway ''true'' .... then the old system has not been good either .... it might have looked good outside but sucked in reality. Of course .... individual level it is huge tragedy to get fake/wrong accusations. Those very sad and very unfair situations still don't mean that all people should simply be silence (not talking about the problem) or that we don't even have any problems... again looking this in bigger picture. Not a simple tree but whole forest.

Me Too campaign? There have been clearly more cases in Sweden vs in Finland. That is not a huge surprise .... not saying here that the situation would be anyway better in Finland (except less immigrants), but this comes from culture. Finns still will not talk about these cases ... as easily ... at least not yet. But also in Finland it is exactly some culture leaders (directors etc.) who have been accused. Opposite ... there are no complains/cases from women who are working in factories etc. .... as those women have had strong unions behind .... supporting them already quite some times). What still makes all this someway even more sad .... now lastly several junior teams have been on the table. I'm afraid this is like taking a cap out of bottle .... goes through whole society structures.

I'm not saying that I support ''Me Too'' as such. It is too American => too much looking for huge scandals etc. It is good to keep in minds that in Scandinavia ''victim/vicims'' can never benefit the cases same ways as someone in USA (money wise etc.). True with all kind of cases/law suits.
    But I sometimes even wonder can genders really live nicely together? Not before everyone would be eunuchs and breeding of humans would be handled in laboratories? There are natural ''tensions?'' between genders and too many just can not control their own actions. Should we accept that as a fact? Is that irremovable part of humans (as species)? Anyway today that fact can be either simply brushed under the carpet (and everything would look just fine outside), or talked about those unpleasant cases.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Finnish Swede For This Useful Post:

Last Online
    Monday, November 5th, 2018 @ 05:58 PM
    Ethnicity
    Norwegian and Swedish
    Ancestry
    Nordic with some very distant Celtic roots
    Subrace
    Hallstatt Nordid and/or Trønder
    Country
    Norway Norway
    Zodiac Sign
    Virgo
    Family
    Single adult
    Occupation
    co-founder and COO of a startup
    Politics
    centrist agrarian nationalist
    Religion
    Agnosticism with Asatru values
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts
    While I support the ideal behind the MeToo Movement, this article makes a very important point. Saying that all women should just be believed opens the door for false allegations. Some feminists forget that men can be victims too. We can't let emotion blot out the truth. We always need to be able to have an honest dialogue about such problems and how it effects both men and women. Acting like the other gender is the enemy is preposterous. Who doesn't have both a mother and a father?

I think certain industries have far more cases of sexual harassment and abuse, because of the unchecked power held by men in those industries. You're right, Finnish Swede, that you don't hear much about this with factory workers.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Sigrun Kara For This Useful Post: