Politics
    Confederate
    Religion
    Folkish Heathen
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    298 Posts
    As I've noted elsewhere, I'm mostly descended from the original 17th century English founding stock of this country via Virginia, Maryland, and the Carolinas. The real Old South.
    "Almost every name belongs to well-known families of English stock....these soldiers were of ancient American lineage"- Prof. N.S. Shaler on the 1st Kentucky "Orphan" Brigade, Confederate States Army

2. The Following User Says Thank You to KYAnglo For This Useful Post:

Danelagenssvensk
    „Friend of Germanics”
    Skadi Funding Member
    Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-American
    Ancestry
    1/4 Tyke, 1/2 Yank-Canuck, 1/4 Reb
    Subrace
    Corded Ware-Battle/Boat Axe
    Y-DNA
    R-S6285 Uppland
    mtDNA
    K2a5a Dalarna
    Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    State
    Yorkshire Yorkshire
    Zodiac Sign
    Leo
    Family
    Married parent
    Occupation
    Lorry Driver for the Mill
    Politics
    Anti-Federalist
    Religion
    Asatru Folk Assembly
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    372 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by KYAnglo View Post
    As I've noted elsewhere, I'm mostly descended from the original 17th century English founding stock of this country via Virginia, Maryland, and the Carolinas. The real Old South.
    Growing up, my maternal grandparents from 17th century English in Massachusetts Bay and 17th century English in Maryland found love along the Atlantic seaboard and Appalachian mountains, just as my paternal grandparents between 20th century English in Rhode Island and 17th century English in Massachusetts Bay. Neither 1649, 1776 nor 1860 stood in the way of love for each other and 1812 on other sides of my family didn't prevent them from loving each other either.

Yours and mine are true Americana, not the garbage pushed by the WASP haters today. They want us English to abolish each other in order for them to feast on our carrion. Even deluded Biden is one of ours and it's sad the state he's reduced to in order to get elected in our Anglophobic time. Same thing with the Clintons and even the Bushes. I refuse to engage in vitriolic abuse toward any English, no matter how far they've fallen. It's just too much negativity and too close to home, so I'll let the Irish worship Reagan and Germans worship Trump, without myself getting carried away.

Political rhetoric and false patriotism are toxic.

Active Funding Member
    „Friend of Germanics”
    Skadi Funding Member
    Last Online
    1 Week Ago @ 03:23 PM
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-American
    Ancestry
    England/Britain
    Subrace
    Nordid
    Y-DNA
    R1b>U106>L48
    mtDNA
    H3af
    Country
    Confederate States Confederate States
    State
    Kentucky Kentucky
    Leo
    Family
    Single parent
    Occupation
    Paying the bills
    Politics
    Confederate
    Religion
    Folkish Heathen
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    298 Posts
    I've never much cared for the "WASP" thing. It's quite redundant, as there is no such thing as a non-white Anglo-Saxon, not all people of Anglo heritage or ethnic identity are Protestant, or even X-ian for that matter, as I am not. As I've posted in other threads, essentially my maternal ancestry consists of "recusant" English Catholics apparently mostly from the north of England that emigrated to the early Maryland colony, with some Catholic Irish thrown in occasionally.
    "WASP" seems mostly meant as a convenient, inaccurate derogatory reference for we Americans of the Founding stock.
    "Almost every name belongs to well-known families of English stock....these soldiers were of ancient American lineage"- Prof. N.S. Shaler on the 1st Kentucky "Orphan" Brigade, Confederate States Army

5. The Following User Says Thank You to KYAnglo For This Useful Post:

Danelagenssvensk
    „Friend of Germanics”
    Skadi Funding Member
    Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-American
    Ancestry
    1/4 Tyke, 1/2 Yank-Canuck, 1/4 Reb
    Subrace
    Corded Ware-Battle/Boat Axe
    Y-DNA
    R-S6285 Uppland
    mtDNA
    K2a5a Dalarna
    Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    State
    Yorkshire Yorkshire
    Zodiac Sign
    Leo
    Family
    Married parent
    Occupation
    Lorry Driver for the Mill
    Politics
    Anti-Federalist
    Religion
    Asatru Folk Assembly
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    372 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by KYAnglo View Post
    I've never much cared for the "WASP" thing. It's quite redundant, as there is no such thing as a non-white Anglo-Saxon, not all people of Anglo heritage or ethnic identity are Protestant, or even X-ian for that matter, as I am not. As I've posted in other threads, essentially my maternal ancestry consists of "recusant" English Catholics apparently mostly from the north of England that emigrated to the early Maryland colony, with some Catholic Irish thrown in occasionally.
    "WASP" seems mostly meant as a convenient, inaccurate derogatory reference for we Americans of the Founding stock.
    WASP is a catchall term for our ancestors, even our Papist ones. I've got both the same as you and the Puritan side too, along with the Via Media Anglicanism. It's really hard to take a side of one against another and so, I just look at us all as English. When Protestant Great Britain became a thing, it ironically made Catholic England obsolete, but even though it came to account for replacing the Catholic Scots kingdom too, there seemed to have been a balancing act by the participation of Holland and Saxony in the course of Unionism. We all took the Celtic nationality, along with Germanic rulership.

On the other hand, I don't think less of the Habsburgundian relationship we had through Queen Mary and her King Philip, named for his Habsburg paternal grandfather, himself named after his own Burgundian maternal great-grandfather Philip the Good. To me, the alliance with Burgundy meant glorious days of English prowess on the battlefields of France. Burn that witch Joan of Arc! I don't think that Englishness is wholly tied to Celts, just the Welsh and Irish lands tied to us--Scots should have remained outside of this and we'd never have lost the Irish. I also don't think Catholicism or Protestantism defines us in the same way as Heathenry vs Christianity.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789