View Poll Results: Should guns be legal? Choose the option that represents your opinion best.

Voters
72. You may not vote on this poll
  • All guns should be legal, including full-automatic weapons. People should be allowed to carry handguns at their own leisure, concealed or not.

39 54.17%
  • Guns, apart from full-automatic weapons, should be legal. People should be allowed to carry handguns at their own discretion, concealed or not.

10 13.89%
  • Guns, apart from full-automatic weapons, should be legal. People should in general not be allowed to carry handguns, be it under license for activities with an increased risk (e. g. transporting money from a company to the bank, driving a cab in the night, &c.)

12 16.67%
  • In general, nobody but police and military should have guns, with some exceptions maybe, e. g. rifles for hunters.

11 15.28%
Page 21 of 40 FirstFirst ... 11161718192021222324252631 ... LastLast

Thread: Should Guns Be Legal? / The Right to Bear Arms

Last Online
    Saturday, August 25th, 2012 @ 01:53 PM
    Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Subrace
    mainly UP
    Country
    South Africa South Africa
    Natural Order
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Re: Your opinion on gun control?

Quote Originally Posted by Pro-Alpine View Post
    Should firearms be allowed or not?
    Your initial question for the poll was:
    Your opinion on gun control?
    Should be allowed
    Should be disallowed
    Uncertain
    Don't care
    That sounds like you asking, whether gun control should be allowed. But actually you want to know whether firearms should be allowed.

My answer: Yes, private answer of firearms should be allowed.

Rather remove individuals from society that "are likely to abuse firearms, or for that reason anything else".
    "And God proclaims as a first principle to the rulers, and above all else, that there is nothing which they should so anxiously guard, or of which they are to be such good guardians, as of the purity of the race. They should observe what elements mingle in their offspring;..." Plato Politeia

Bloodhound
    „Friend of Germanics”
    Funding Membership Inactive
    Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    German
    Ancestry
    Atlantean
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    82 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Berliners Remember View Post
    ...not to mention they are extremely usefull to combat home invasion.
    I contest, I don't know how it is in the USA, but in Germany 90% of all housbreakings are commited wihtout the owners present. People who raid houses with the owners present enter under false allegations and trick the residents, it is actually highly unlikely that one will be able to defend his home with guns to such criminals.

The only convincing reason to me is for organized defense of an invasion of the country.

Guns are best to attack, so I also would think that the governmental overthrow thingy of the US constituion is a very good reason too, and thus I am pro gun. I voted Yes.
    "Nothing is more disgusting than the majority: because it consists of a few powerful predecessors, of rogues who adapt themselves, of weak who assimilate themselves, and the masses who imitate without knowing at all what they want." (Johann Wolfgang Goethe)

Last Online
    Wednesday, February 14th, 2007 @ 10:07 AM
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Jäger View Post
    The only convincing reason to me is for organized defense of an invasion of the country.
    That is exactly why they WILL NOT allow it, especially when it comes to Europe or Germany.

hearthtender
    „Friend of Germanics”
    Last Online
    Saturday, July 31st, 2010 @ 07:14 PM
    Status
    Prolonged Absence
    Ethnicity
    Swedish/Irish
    Ancestry
    Swedish Irish ?English?
    Subrace
    Don't know
    Country
    United States United States
    State
    Michigan Michigan
    Married parent
    Occupation
    Mother
    Politics
    Classical liberal
    Religion
    Heathen
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Re: AW: Re: AW: Re: Your opinion on gun control?

I do not support expanding gun regulations in the US. I think that enforcing the laws that are already there might help but we do not need more hot air. I have only been to Ireland and England once as a teenager and could not give an informed opinion on what is best for european countries. European law systems are different than US law so I cannot see what the affects would be on allowing more guns. I support people's right to self defence but more guns is not nessasarily the answer.

Quote Originally Posted by Svartr View Post
    They're at least banned to carry in public. And we don't have so many rifle clubs.
    Just in Comparance with the United States weapons are rare stuff here.
    In the USA if somebody pulls a weapon in public every 2nd person around him pulls his/her one out aiming at eachother.
    In germany weapons are banned in public.
    Also weapons is a part of the US-Americans neo-culture.

Gruß,
    Svartr
    Guns are not that common here in my experience. Ihave only seen a gun being used irrisponibly on one occasion. The store I was working at got robbed. I am friends with several hunters and my father, brother and sister all shoot recreationally. I know several of my father's friends who collect guns as a hobby.My sister-in-law is president of the local SAS. http://www.2asisters.org/ But then I do not go to the scary parts of Toledo or Detroit or Cleveland. Guns culture is exagerated in the media.
    Land of the Free because of the Brave.
    "Do not seek death. Death will find you. But seek the road which makes death a fulfillment." Dag Hammarskjold
    "Children know the truth. Love is not an emotion. Love is behavior." Andrew Vachss

Berliners Remember

I contest, I don't know how it is in the USA, but in Germany 90% of all housbreakings are commited wihtout the owners present. People who raid houses with the owners present enter under false allegations and trick the residents, it is actually highly unlikely that one will be able to defend his home with guns to such criminals.

Guns are best to attack, so I also would think that the governmental overthrow thingy of the US constituion is a very good reason too, and thus I am pro gun. I voted Yes.

My father had to resort to this twice; once before I was born when a man trying to get into the house thankfully gave up (mabye because he was making too much noise trying to gain entry), but my dad stood in the hallway with the handgun.
    Another time when I was much younger my dad chased away a potential burglar lurking around in a similar manner (get this, he actually arrested the man in the past for theft).

Around here, home invasions are not that common either. It's more often than not that the burglar will look into the kitchen window or backdoor looking to spot a purse, medication, or anything valuable laying out... somthing that would make for a quick grab and getaway, regardless of if the owner is home or away(although there have been attacks in and around my own neighborhood). So it is rare that they would want to stick around and harm you of your family, however, I would not want to take that chance -especially if I have a family of my own.

„Friend of Germanics”
    Last Online
    Saturday, January 16th, 2021 @ 08:56 PM
    Ethnicity
    New English
    State
    Vermont Vermont
    Smuggler
    Politics
    Ruralist
    Religion
    Old Mother West Wind
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    91 Posts

Well, I think I voted the wrong way due to a little confusion on my part with regards to the wording of the poll...

Anyway, being a rural white American, my answer should be quite obvious.

I support the right to arm bears.

"Rifle on my shoulder, six-shooter in my hand, Lord knows I've been all around this world..."

Bloodhound
    „Friend of Germanics”
    Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    German
    Ancestry
    Atlantean
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    82 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Berliners Remember View Post
    So it is rare that they would want to stick around and harm you of your family, however, I would not want to take that chance -especially if I have a family of my own.
    Chances that you are the one actually hurting a family member, or family members hurting themselves with the gun, or even you, are not that low either.
    It would be interesting to see statistics on that, although, who likes statistics ?

As I said, I am not against guns, and support the right to arm bears Yet, I simply think that this is not a good pro-argument, and that they are not "incredibly usefull" to do so.
    Last edited by Jäger; Tuesday, January 16th, 2007 at 03:04 PM.
    "Nothing is more disgusting than the majority: because it consists of a few powerful predecessors, of rogues who adapt themselves, of weak who assimilate themselves, and the masses who imitate without knowing at all what they want." (Johann Wolfgang Goethe)

Last Online
    Saturday, August 25th, 2012 @ 01:53 PM
    Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Subrace
    mainly UP
    Country
    South Africa South Africa
    Natural Order
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

What gives you the idea that this percentage you gave is actually correct?! In South Africa we get a growing number of house-breakings/raids that are committed by gangs, when the residents are present.
    ... or against treason, tyranny etc. That is btw. the only plausible reason I can see, why rational thinking lobby groups would support more gun control. The Anti-Gun lobby inside the South African government even admitted this. They said openly that the FCA is aiming to get legally owned firearms out of the hands of lawabiding citizens. The act won't disarm criminals at all.

And attack is the best defense.
    "And God proclaims as a first principle to the rulers, and above all else, that there is nothing which they should so anxiously guard, or of which they are to be such good guardians, as of the purity of the race. They should observe what elements mingle in their offspring;..." Plato Politeia

Last Online
    Thursday, August 20th, 2009 @ 12:11 AM
    Ethnicity
    Slavic
    Subrace
    Uralic/Alpine/Pontid mixed
    Country
    United States United States
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Im staunchly against gun control. The notion of an armed citizenry, and it being the best guardians of liberty, is a notion that has a long tradition within our heritage: from the Greek hoplites, to the citizen-soldier of the Roman Republic, to the Fyrd and communal armies of the Medieval period, to colonial militias here in America.

It's a concept commonly called "civic militarism".

Anyways....here's food for thought LOL!

"Guns don't kill people. The government does."
    -- Dale Gribble

Last Online
    Saturday, July 14th, 2018 @ 04:02 AM
    Ethnicity
    German
    Ancestry
    white
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Yes, gun control should definetly be allowed. Proper aim is a must.