View Poll Results: Should guns be legal? Choose the option that represents your opinion best.

Voters
72. You may not vote on this poll
  • All guns should be legal, including full-automatic weapons. People should be allowed to carry handguns at their own leisure, concealed or not.

39 54.17%
  • Guns, apart from full-automatic weapons, should be legal. People should be allowed to carry handguns at their own discretion, concealed or not.

10 13.89%
  • Guns, apart from full-automatic weapons, should be legal. People should in general not be allowed to carry handguns, be it under license for activities with an increased risk (e. g. transporting money from a company to the bank, driving a cab in the night, &c.)

12 16.67%
  • In general, nobody but police and military should have guns, with some exceptions maybe, e. g. rifles for hunters.

11 15.28%
Page 4 of 40 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast

Thread: Should Guns Be Legal? / The Right to Bear Arms

Funding Member
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    Saturday, October 7th, 2006 @ 01:24 AM
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Post Re: Should guns be legal?

I chose the 4th option, but meant to pick the third....Either way, I think that any and every auto/semi-auto weapon should only be in the hands of law enforcement, military or any other security personnel. I do not trust the everyday public enough to feel comfortable with hand guns on every man's person....It's unsettling and ultimately disaterous. And besides, what does an average Joe Dandy need with a street sweeper anyway? :eyes

Yes, criminals can easily get their hands on a gun, but is that any reason to make it so everyone can have a loaded weapon holstered on their side, for "protection"? Look how things were during the Wild West days...There were shoot-outs at the saloon, duels and crime and murder was politically and socially acceptable....Do you think that things would be any different nowadays? People have not changed that much, and human nature shows that with a dangerous gun in our hands people will be killed - innocent or guilty. When people take the "law" into their own hands, they lose any logical objectivity and their actions become soley based on emotions...In the heat of an argument or quarrel, it wouldn't be so hard to get carried away and kill someone if there's a gun in your grasp.

As for shotguns and rifles....I think that even though they can be used as dangerous weapons, it's far more hard to conceal a big rifle than a .38 caliber hand gun, so the element of surprise has rendered the gun a less logical choice for being used in an unscrupulous manner. I own several shotguns and rifles (for sport), but know how to use them responsibly and correctly, and feel that if someone ever broke into my home I would be able to easily dispatch them in an effective, efficient manner.

A common argument is: "Guns don't kill people...People kill people". Sure, that's perfectly true, but most of those people who kill people are packing guns. The answer isn't to arm every man, woman and child in a nation...It's fighting to get dangerous guns out of the hands of the everyday public.

If any decent effort was made in trying to eradicate the gun issue, maybe people wouldn't feel so terrified that they had to carry a small arsenal under their coat.
    "Nature! We are surrounded and embraced by her:
    powerless to separate ourselves from her, and powerless to penetrate beyond her.

Without asking, or warning, she snatches us up into her circling dance, and whirls us on until we are tired, and drop from her arms." - Goethe

Last Online
    Saturday, October 22nd, 2005 @ 12:04 AM
    Subrace
    Corded/Balkanoid UP
    Country
    Confederate States Confederate States
    Politics
    Nutzi
    Religion
    Agnostic!!!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

I don't even want to enter a discussion about US legislations, but, I have to notice a few things:

1. The right to bear arms was written in an era when the most powerful weapon
    was a musket.

2. No constitution would be written with an intent to wreck the country it's being written for.

If every individual had personal nuclear weapons, it would certainly mean the end of
    that country, and possibly the world also.

One must mention Columbine. There will always be someone who's mentally unstable enough to do such a thing. Imagine what would happen if they had MORE powerful weapons.

I'm just trying to be realistic here.

The right to bear arms, again. It was written in a totally different era.
    Who could have thought then that in the matter of a few centuries, weapons that can kill so efficiently would be introduced.

A man with a musket, or a sword or a knife isn't so superior over someone who's unarmed. If such a person is on a lunatic rampage, he can be overpowered, but a person who carries automatic weapons can potentially kill dozens of people.
    Not to mention nuclear weapons.

If everyone had such powerful weapons, in a nano-second, the world would be destroyed. Eventually, it would be built-up again, and it would again feature sensible rules regarding weaponry.

The role of a government isn't just in taking your money, it's also in providing a stable society in which money can be made, things could get done.
    If we're all armed and dangerous, and very very individual, then, what will it all lead to? Even if we don't all kill eachother, there would be no real order.

What do you know. Perhaps the taxpayer dollars are being also spent on creating a system of defense from a meteor that's heading on a collision course with USA.

A bunch of armed individuals ( disorganized because they are all equally armed and equally convinced that being a leader is their job ) vs. a plague.
    You can't shoot a plague.

Perhaps, the taxpayer dollars are being spent on stopping a fanatic-a-day from killing everyone you love.

You can't solve everything with a gun, you can't even defend from everything with a gun.

Last Online
    Thursday, September 3rd, 2009 @ 12:53 AM
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

This might sound silly, but I'm for legalization of guns just for the simple fact that the police is not capable/willing to guarantee our security, in a country that is becoming "darker" with the day.

Account Disabled on Request
    Last Online
    Friday, January 8th, 2010 @ 09:32 AM
    Ethnicity
    Dutch
    Subrace
    Alpinid
    Country
    United States United States
    State
    Lappland Lappland
    Married
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

People should be allowed to have whatever type of gun they want, but only after completing classes for safety and proper use. It is crazy that people need to go to classes to drive a car, or a boat, but they don't need to learn how to use a gun and care for it properly.

Last Online
    Sunday, December 14th, 2008 @ 06:15 PM
    Ethnicity
    Swedish
    Subrace
    Tydal/Litorid/Nordid
    Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Identitär
    Religion
    Indo-europeisk Traditionalist
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Guns dont kill people, blacks kill people

Pretty much sums up my view on this. What keeps the murder-rate up in the US is not the gun-laws, it is the high criminal propensity of blacks. In all-white areas with legalized gun-ownership, both in the US and Switzerland, there is no more murders than in the rest of Europe.

After the new order begins, guns should be legal. However, then most immigrants will be gone, and there will be a new feeling of social solidarity.

In Sweden we have extremely strict gun-laws.

Last Online
    Saturday, January 13th, 2007 @ 09:38 AM
    Subrace
    Intermarine (Arya)
    Country
    European Union European Union
    N/A
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Whether guns are legal or not isn't really the point. There have been comments made about licensing and some sort of competency tests have been suggested, but I think this is all pretty much useless. The criminal isn't going to license his weapon, or ask for permission to go kill someone. Making guns illegal isn't going to make them disappear, but in fact it will leave the dregs and bandits with a tactical advantage.

Maybe a first step in a solution would be for the makers of guns, to make a way less of them, and sell them for a much higher price. The same goes for bullets. Let's make the gun cost $100,000 and the bullets $10,000 each. The price on the street would go up as well. Surely this would discourage some people from buying a gun, and those claiming to 'need' one will just have to shell out a few more bucks. Maybe take out a gun mortgage.

I hate guns.

Nordic Dream Maiden

Plenty of gun forums exist on the WWW from the USA perspective--they are very lengthy with alot of topics with very knowledgable people on the subject, if your not American or don't follow all the pro and con, historical, legislation, stats, etc., it can be very confusing, as its a large subject matter with many tangents.

In Minnesota you can carry a concealed weapon as long as you pay around $200 if you request, recently they changed that law so that the local sheriff would determine if you really did need it--before no questions were asked; of the thousands hand gun permits issued, not one person has shot someone out of anger or used it illegally or criminally yet--I'm sure I would hear about it in the press if it did, even once. Millions of guns are unregistered and registered guns can be sold to someone without any paperwork if you don't sell them as a business; guns in the USA are here to stay even if the Juden decided to economically freeze bank accounts until a registered owner gave them up--which he could say he "sold" to someone else. If the USA can be delivered crates of Cocaine from S.America, do you really think guns cannot be sold on the black market or made by a underground machinist in the USA? Machining is way much easier than in the past and is getting easier by the week, to make a single shot gun is a piece of cake for the average garage machinist and to make a repeating one isn't that hard either.

And remember:
    ZOG Secular Material Humanism creates violence--a gun cannot be made, loaded, cared, aimed and shot w/o a person manipulating it.

Last Online
    Wednesday, December 6th, 2006 @ 12:55 AM
    Country
    United States United States
    irrelevant.
    Religion
    Protestant
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Solar Wolff
    Our Constitution says that the government may make no law abridging the right of the people to BEAR ARMS. These words "bear arms" were very, very carefully chosen. Notice, this does not say "guns". "Arms" mean arms like the military has--our military. It was put there so that the milita (another concept in the Constitution) could resist the government (our government) should it become corrupt or oppressive.

So, "arms" are military weapons, not just guns. As stated in our Constitution, we have the right to bear arms, any arms at all. This means ICBMs, rocket launchers, machine guns, laser weaponry or atomic weapons----f--king right, atomic weapons. It also means that the government has no right to even question this right a tiny bit, no license, no legislation to the contrary, no note from my parents
    The Bill of Rights was adopted in 1791. Back then, the only guns that were around were single-shot rifles or pistols that took a long time to reload. The second amendment was made with reference to those guns, not weapons-of-the-future that the writers of the amendment could never envision in their wildest dreams.
    What I'm saying is that the second amendment is an anachronism. It was written at a time when the best weapons available could fire, what, 2 or 3 bullets per minute? Now we have guns that fire literally hundreds of times that number, 500, 600, 700, and more rounds per minute. So back then it was fine for the citizenry to have the same weapons as the military, but today it would be totally insane to arm every citizen with fully-automatic weapons and machines guns, and it would be suicidal to let people have weapons-grade plutonium!
    hail Arminius

Last Online
    Saturday, October 8th, 2005 @ 10:20 PM
    Subrace
    Brunn/Atlantid/Corded
    Country
    European Union European Union
    Third Position
    Religion
    Nontheist
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

There are places in my country as bad as Mexico City or Zimbabwe. If my government can't protect my family and me I feel I have the right to the best protection that I can afford as a law abiding citizen with no prior criminal convictions. If that means a fully automatic weapon, than I feel I should have the right to own one.

Of course Americans have more liberal laws regarded firearm ownership than other countries in the world. The first law in the US to ban fully automatic firearms was the National Firearms Act of 1934 which came into being, not as a result to fight Al Capone gangs or Bonnie and Clyde bank robbers, but out of our own Government's fear of an attempted coup. A plan was discovered to displace President Roosevelt who had deviated from the gold standard which people feared would lead to inflation. The threat was from a former General Butler who had united a group of US veterans who numbered in excess of 500,000. At the time compared to the current US military they would have presented a threat to that administration.

http://www.whatreallyhappened.com/coup.html

Last Online
    Thursday, March 15th, 2012 @ 06:54 PM
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-Australian
    Country
    Australia Australia
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Guns are banned in Australia ...bloody do-gooders..grrrrr.
    I voted for the first option. I think it is our right to bear arms. I especially think it is actually criminal and unfair for women not to be able to carry a handgun (in their handbag or garter) and the shotgun by the bed. . Perhaps a male would think twice about attacking a female if he knew he could get his **** shot off. .

Page 4 of 40 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast