@
    Ethnicity
    German
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    282 Posts

An Ode to Fatherhood

What does it mean to be a Father? Believe it or not, it’s more than just not pulling out. It goes to the very core of who you are as a man. It’s the kind of reality check that makes you think, “Big thoughts”. You think about the future, as if for the first time. It makes you think about the state of the world you’ll leave for your heirs. You finally have, “skin in the game”.

In this respect men are lost, until they are responsible for the care of something that is more fragile, defenseless and important than we are. It’s the true test of manhood. Many men are only so in formal title. These days they are likely boozing, slutting, video game playing/sports watching man-children. We were erroneously taught by failures that responsibility and dependability were things to be avoided.

Being a Father, or more specifically, the head of a household is the most difficult and rewarding thing I have ever done. It means taking care of your family, both monetarily and by being present and engaged when at home. That means working all day and helping with the night routine when you get home. It might even mean working all week and getting up early on your days off to make breakfast for the family before the kids get too hungry and whiny. Basically, it means putting the family first.

There is no woman more beautiful than the one that bears your children. She sacrifices her body and soul to raise your progeny and take care of your household. If you truly love her you will repay her in kind, or at least spend the rest of your life trying. She is your equal, but in many ways, your better half. Fatherhood is a gift from God, as is America, Capitalism and the Proud Boy fraternal order. Uhuru!
    http://officialproudboys.com/columns...to-fatherhood/

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Nachtengel For This Useful Post:

One with Nature
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Daco-Germanic
    Ancestry
    Großes Germanien, Dacia (Hyperborea)
    Subrace
    Pontid/Baltid/Dinarid
    Country
    Norway Norway
    Völkisch
    Religion
    Heathen
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    367 Posts
    Nice... Short but nice...

I was talking recently with my father about family and kids issue... And he assured me having kids is a lifetime responsibility...

After our discussion I realized more of how a good father he is and always was... sacrificing himself for being a good father and taking care of me...

I remember when I was a little child, a little girl... and he was going to work in another place, he had to spend a few days per week there, and only came home on weekends... I was always crying and asking him not to leave and to stay with me...

I didn't know that... I found out recently... that he found out from reliable sources that my mom would have been unfaithful (well, she never admitted that, so...) at that time while he was away... But he forgave her... and stayed with her... Thinking about these I remembered about me crying and telling him at the door "Please don't leave!!! Don't leave me with mom!!!" (I was not going along well with my mom)... And I realized how a wonderful father he was, sacrificing his own life and happiness just to stay with me, just to be my father (if he had divorced back then, because of legal issues I would have been forced to stay with my mom...)... He said he found out again that my mom cheated on him, and from that moment on... the relationship between them ended... He couldn't trust her anymore... Of course my mom never admitted such a thing... so who knows what really happened... Anyway, I trust my father...

He didn't mention anything else about that...

But I was thinking... and I've got this overwhelming feeling to realize how a wonderful father he was to stay with my biological mother just because of me... He could have ended the marriage and get another life with another woman... but because he didn't do that I had him as a father while growing up...

My life would have been completely different now if he didn't do that... if he didn't stay with me when I was little... I don't even want to imagine how my life could have been without him and without my paternal grandparents... They were and still are the most important persons in my life...

Now I'm in better relationships with my mom than I was while I was a child...

But going back to... an ode to fatherhood...

My father is the best father in the whole world!!! I love him so much!!! I don't want to imagine how my life would have been without my dear father!!!
    Die Farben duften frisch und grün... Lieblich haucht der Wind um mich.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Víđálfr For This Useful Post:

One with Nature
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Daco-Germanic
    Ancestry
    Großes Germanien, Dacia (Hyperborea)
    Subrace
    Pontid/Baltid/Dinarid
    Country
    Norway Norway
    Völkisch
    Religion
    Heathen
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    367 Posts
    Back to this good thread nicely called 'An Ode to Fatherhood'...

Usually people say that mothers have a special bond with their children. But fathers can have such a special bond with their offspring too!

A recent experience I had about my father, which really impressed me: Recently I've been through some hard moments, I had a horrible night when many bad thoughts came to my mind (you can image the worst) and guess what! I didn't think for a minute to call my father or anything like that... but he dreamed of me that same night. And the next day he sent me messages that he misses me and wanted to see me and speak with me. I was so astonished! I asked him what he dreamed of me, and the symbolism of his dream also reflects the situation I've been through... Very very interesting!

I think that this proofs that fathers can have strong bonds like that with their offspring too, no matter what the distance between them is, to feel how their children feel or if something is going wrong with them.

This happened at least once more in the last couple of months, while going through some personal crisis, when he sent me messages asking to see me and talk with me. Usually, in the last couple of years at least, he isn't very communicative like that (I don't know if it's because of gender or because being Germanic?), but when he does...

Do you have any experiences like that about your fathers? Or if you're a father, do you have any experiences like that regarding your children?
    Die Farben duften frisch und grün... Lieblich haucht der Wind um mich.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Víđálfr For This Useful Post: