Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: One Percent Of Britons Have African Genoma

  1. #1
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Last Online
    Monday, December 12th, 2005 @ 02:17 AM
    Subrace
    Mediterranid
    Gender
    Politics
    National Socialist
    Posts
    56
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

    Post One Percent Of Britons Have African Genoma

    ONE PERCENT OF BRITONS HAVE AFRICAN GENOMA

    That typical British gentleman striding confidently along Oxford Street in his pin-striped suit, sporting a bowler hat and holding a well-folded umbrella, may well be a virtual image, having, genetically, more in common with Nelson Mandela and Muammar Khadafi than with Margaret Thatcher or Her Majesty the Queen.

    Professor Bryan Sykes, of Oxford University, has produced results from research which prove that one percent of white Britons descend directly from African predecessors. DNA tests on 10,000 people prove that there is a direct link, proving that Britain is, biologically, a multi-racial society.

    ?This makes any biological basis for racism meaningless¦, said Prof. Sykes, who explains the phenomenon on the large number of African soldiers and slaves brought to Britain by the Romans. Another factor would be the relations between British soldiers and native women during the 150-year span of the British Empire.

    If in future an English girl with a white husband unexpectedly gives birth to a black baby, she can blame it on Julius Caesar!


    http://english.pravda.ru/main/2001/05/21/5546.html

  2. #2
    Member
    Awar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Last Online
    Friday, October 21st, 2005 @ 11:04 PM
    Subrace
    Corded/Balkanoid UP
    Country
    Confederate States Confederate States
    Location
    Olympus
    Gender
    Age
    42
    Politics
    Nutzi
    Religion
    Agnostic!!!
    Posts
    4,952
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    11
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

    Post Re: One Percent Of Britons Have African Genoma

    What a load of bullshit.

  3. #3
    ...................
    „Friend of Germanics”
    Funding Membership Inactive
    Allenson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Last Online
    Thursday, October 19th, 2017 @ 10:51 AM
    Ethnicity
    New English
    State
    Vermont Vermont
    Location
    Bliss Farm
    Gender
    Occupation
    Smuggler
    Politics
    Ruralist
    Religion
    Old Mother West Wind
    Posts
    3,905
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    70
    Thanked in
    69 Posts

    Post Re: One Percent Of Britons Have African Genoma

    Quote Originally Posted by AWAR
    What a load of bullshit.

    I couldn't have said it better myself. Pure propaganda.


    Thread moved to Genetics and Human Microbiology.

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Scoob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Last Online
    Friday, April 1st, 2005 @ 09:39 AM
    Subrace
    Europid
    Country
    European Union European Union
    Location
    Inside the Box
    Gender
    Politics
    Posthuman
    Posts
    835
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    7
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

    Post Re: One Percent Of Britons Have African Genoma

    Pravda tends to sensationalize news, it seems. I suspect that the study found one percent of Britons have an African mtDNA or Y-Chromosomal lineage. In other words, their overall autosomal DNA might still be 1-2% SSA or less.

    But individuals do pop up throughout Europe with African mtDNA types at low frequencies, especially Southern Europe.
    "Whatever is done from love always occurs beyond good and evil." - F. Nietzsche

  5. #5
    Account Inactive

    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Last Online
    Sunday, January 6th, 2019 @ 05:14 PM
    Ethnicity
    Aryo-Germanic
    Ancestry
    1/2 German, 3/8 English, 1/8 Welsh
    Y-DNA
    R1b
    mtDNA
    V10b
    Country
    England England
    State
    Northumberland Northumberland
    Location
    Dane Law
    Gender
    Zodiac Sign
    Scorpio
    Family
    Parent,Co-habiting
    Occupation
    Retired
    Politics
    Exposing idiocy
    Religion
    Wodenist
    Posts
    1,750
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    413
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    386
    Thanked in
    263 Posts

    Post Re: One Percent Of Britons Have African Genoma

    Quote Originally Posted by WotansVolk
    ONE PERCENT OF BRITONS HAVE AFRICAN GENOMA

    That typical British gentleman striding confidently along Oxford Street in his pin-striped suit, sporting a bowler hat and holding a well-folded umbrella, may well be a virtual image, having, genetically, more in common with Nelson Mandela and Muammar Khadafi than with Margaret Thatcher or Her Majesty the Queen.

    Professor Bryan Sykes, of Oxford University, has produced results from research which prove that one percent of white Britons descend directly from African predecessors. DNA tests on 10,000 people prove that there is a direct link, proving that Britain is, biologically, a multi-racial society.

    ?This makes any biological basis for racism meaningless¦, said Prof. Sykes, who explains the phenomenon on the large number of African soldiers and slaves brought to Britain by the Romans. Another factor would be the relations between British soldiers and native women during the 150-year span of the British Empire.

    If in future an English girl with a white husband unexpectedly gives birth to a black baby, she can blame it on Julius Caesar!


    http://english.pravda.ru/main/2001/05/21/5546.html


    Das ist ganz Scheisse!
    This proves absolutely nothing. How does one define a "white Briton"?
    Sykes is the author of a book entitled "The Seven Daughters of Eve", which is concerned with the identification of seven original female ancestrixes of the Aryan race. The vast majority of Aryans can trace their ancestry using MtDNA back to the Ice Age and even beyond genetically through their mother`s mother`s mother`s mother`s DNA etc[ad infinitum-almost].
    Inevitably there will be a small number whose original Urmutter may be of a non-Aryan genetic cluster but that means quite little in the scheme of things as this line of genetic descent is only one of millions that could be used to trace someones descent. 1% in the scheme of things in 2004 is virtually meaningless and does not constitute evidence of a "multi-racial" society in ancient times in Britain.
    One should also question the obvious and recent origins of those being tested. If a 3/4 white with a maternal grandmother applies for DNA testing then obviously his MtDNA will be by definition non-Aryan. Therefore I ask the question again,"How does Sykes define a `white Briton`? I suspect that it is not the same definition that we would use.

  6. #6
    Account Inactive

    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Last Online
    Sunday, January 6th, 2019 @ 05:14 PM
    Ethnicity
    Aryo-Germanic
    Ancestry
    1/2 German, 3/8 English, 1/8 Welsh
    Y-DNA
    R1b
    mtDNA
    V10b
    Country
    England England
    State
    Northumberland Northumberland
    Location
    Dane Law
    Gender
    Zodiac Sign
    Scorpio
    Family
    Parent,Co-habiting
    Occupation
    Retired
    Politics
    Exposing idiocy
    Religion
    Wodenist
    Posts
    1,750
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    413
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    386
    Thanked in
    263 Posts

    Post Re: One Percent Of Britons Have African Genoma

    Quote Originally Posted by Scoob
    Pravda tends to sensationalize news, it seems. I suspect that the study found one percent of Britons have an African mtDNA or Y-Chromosomal lineage. In other words, their overall autosomal DNA might still be 1-2% SSA or less.

    But individuals do pop up throughout Europe with African mtDNA types at low frequencies, especially Southern Europe.

    Historically speaking Southern Europe has a greater legacy of African miscegenation than Northern Europe for obvious reasons so it should come as no surprise that the rate of negro MtDNA in the North is much less than the south and it is certainly more recent-after 1945 I would venture.
    The actual negro lineage of those "Britons" who have negro MtDNA would in fact be far less than 1-2% unless they are a biological result of British miscegenation in Africa in Victorian times or since WWII.

  7. #7
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Last Online
    Thursday, July 27th, 2006 @ 09:12 AM
    Subrace
    Other
    Gender
    Politics
    Race Realism/Hereditarian
    Religion
    Agnostic
    Posts
    596
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

    Post Re: One Percent Of Britons Have African Genoma

    I've seen this study before and I'm rather confident that the marker belongs to haplogroup M, which would therefore make it more accurate to state "1% of maternal British lineages are of an East-African or Proto-Asian origin."

    Another study (Helgason et al 2001) examined the mtDNA of 429 English and Welsh individuals, and found only .23% of the sequences belonged to Siberian/East Asian haplogroups (A), and .47% belonged to East/Proto-Asian(M) or sub-Saharan African haplogroups (L).

  8. #8
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Last Online
    Sunday, April 1st, 2007 @ 01:47 AM
    Subrace
    Nordid
    Location
    Prussian diaspora
    Gender
    Politics
    Prussian restoration
    Posts
    101
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    1
    Thanked in
    1 Post

    Post Re: One Percent Of Britons Have African Genoma

    Quote Originally Posted by Tore
    I've seen this study before and I'm rather confident that the marker belongs to haplogroup M, which would therefore make it more accurate to state "1% of maternal British lineages are of an East-African or Proto-Asian origin."
    It would be great if you could let us know what study is being referred to! Thanks

  9. #9
    Account Inactive

    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Last Online
    Sunday, October 9th, 2005 @ 12:04 PM
    Subrace
    atlantid-med
    Country
    European Union European Union
    Location
    Lisbon
    Gender
    Politics
    A secret
    Religion
    catholic
    Posts
    169
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

    Post Re: One Percent Of Britons Have African Genoma

    this is pure bullshit!

    There are forces trying to build a multiracial world with no pure races..

    Well there aren't pure races that is obvious, but there are remarkable differences, destroying those differences (there are a lot of people trying to make that a reality), we could destroy our diversity!

    Our differences(as humans), should be nurished, not destroyed!

    Fuck globalization!

  10. #10
    Senior Member
    Fraxinus Excelsior's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Last Online
    Thursday, November 24th, 2011 @ 07:53 PM
    Ethnicity
    Diasporan Europid.
    Subrace
    Harmonious Bastard
    Country
    Confederate States Confederate States
    Location
    The Panopticon of Disgust
    Gender
    Age
    38
    Family
    Single adult
    Occupation
    What I'm Paid For.
    Politics
    FolkNationalism/DirectDemocracy
    Religion
    No thanks.
    Posts
    389
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    1
    Thanked in
    1 Post

    Post Re: One Percent Of Britons Have African Genoma

    Quote Originally Posted by Scoob
    Pravda tends to sensationalize news, it seems.
    Wasn't Pravda the official newspaper of the USSR?

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 2
    Last Post: Monday, March 6th, 2017, 06:10 PM
  2. 15 Percent of Teens 'Sext'
    By Nachtengel in forum Men, Women, & Relationships
    Replies: 41
    Last Post: Monday, January 18th, 2010, 09:49 PM
  3. Replies: 1
    Last Post: Tuesday, January 16th, 2007, 04:28 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •