Family, Nation & Nature
    Religion
    Heathen Worldview
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    509 Posts

The Carnivore Diet

The Carnivore Diet is one of the few new diets to attract a large scale following the last couple of years. The Inuits have been following it for millennia, as well as a few other small tribes around the World, but it has only recently been getting traction among modern humans in the West. Some groups on Facebook devoted to the Carnivore diet (also called 'Zero Carb diet' by some) has memberships up to twenty thousand, many of which talk about relieving themselves of a plethora of diseases and sicknesses, both physically and mentally, after converting to the diet consisting of nothing but animal products. The rules of the diet are not strictly set in stone. Some people eat fish, beef, sheep, pork, shellfish, eggs and dairy. While others restrict themselves to only eat grass-fed beef, and nothing else.

The science behind it all is not clear cut. Plenty of research has suggested that people consuming even just normal amounts of meat, have a significant increase in risk of colon cancer compared to vegetarians. What consuming up to 2 kilograms of pure meat a day does to the human body, remains to be seen. There is also a lot of confusion about how the body makes due without all the nutrients and vitamins that aren't present in meat. However, people who've been eating like this for decades are still perfectly healthy, and in some cases, more healthy than average. And it is hard to argue against the many people who've been suffering auto-immune diseases for years, never to find a cure, until they simply stopped eating anything but fresh, clean meat.

I'd recommend watching this video with Mikhaila Peterson, daughter of the renowned psychologist Jordan Peterson, both of which have taken up the Carnivore diet and experienced great health benefits from doing so.

7fncJdVjy5U

Shawn Baker is another profile among the Carnivore community, who's also an orthopedic surgeon.

cbURzlv4NKg

Personally, I have only been following this diet for a little over a week now. I have been having some health issues that I have yet to find a medical solution for, and for which I believe food sensitivities is the culprit. If nothing else, eating nothing but meat can be utilized as a perfect elimination diet, since it's one of the few foods in the World that pretty much no-one is allergic or sensitive to. From there on, it is easy to slowly reintroduce different foods again, and see how the body responds to them.

So far, I haven't noticed much effects out of the ordinary. I can feel a bit tired and weak some times, as some days it is hard to eat the recommended 1 - 1,5 kilograms of meat a day. Most carnivores claim that it takes a few weeks to a month for the body to fully accustom itself, so I'm giving it at least three more weeks in the hopes of seeing some improvements and benefits.
    A nation is an organic thing, historically defined.
    A wave of passionate energy which unites past, present and future generations

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Žoreišar For This Useful Post:

Munchkin
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    @
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    English/Irish/French
    Ancestry
    England/Ireland/France
    Country
    United States United States
    State
    Indiana Indiana
    Gemini
    Family
    Married
    Occupation
    Deli Shift Leader/Manager
    Politics
    Centrist
    Religion
    Christian
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    453 Posts
    Gareth and I accept the fact that humans are omnivores. We consume smaller, well-balanced meals consisting of properly prepared meats and vegetables.

Too much of any good thing is not good... Even soft red wine.
    Not all in life is at it appears to be.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to LillyCaterina For This Useful Post:

Last Online
    1 Day Ago @ 10:07 AM
    Status
    Prolonged Absence
    Ethnicity
    German
    Ancestry
    Jutland
    Subrace
    Nordid
    Country
    Germany Germany
    State
    Schleswig-Holstein Schleswig-Holstein
    Zodiac Sign
    Taurus
    Family
    Widowed
    Politics
    cons. old fashion worker class
    Religion
    Philosophical Archaic Christian
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    212 Posts
    The Germanic ancestors were likely carnivores and
    seldom ate crops , since the average weather especially
    in the north of Europe , is not very crop friendly .

The crop that is grown here is usually cattle-food quality , and
    not baker's quality .

The Germanics might have eaten vegetables like cabbages and fruits like apples
    when these were seasonal available .

I tried to eat more meat , but I developed digestive problems .

Furthermore there are a few psychological hurdles for me with meat products :
    * The cheap meat is processed by low wage immigrant labour , especially from eastern Europe
    * Grilled chicken is sold from trailers / food trucks and I always see Arabs employed there
    * Putting meat on the cashier band among all these Muslims here is no joy for me
    Mk 10:18 What do you call me a good master, no-one is good .

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Uwe Jens Lornsen For This Useful Post:

Funding Member
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    1 Minute Ago @ 08:37 PM
    Ethnicity
    Scandinavian
    Ancestry
    East Norwegian + distant Finnish
    Subrace
    Nordid + reduced CM
    Country
    Norway Norway
    Occupation
    Traditional Craftsman
    Politics
    Family, Nation & Nature
    Religion
    Heathen Worldview
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    509 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Uwe Jens Lornsen View Post
    The Germanic ancestors were likely carnivores and
    seldom ate crops , since the average weather especially
    in the north of Europe , is not very crop friendly .

The crop that is grown here is usually cattle-food quality , and
    not baker's quality .

The Germanics might have eaten vegetables like cabbages and fruits like apples
    when these were seasonal available .
    I believe something along the same lines, as well. Even cabbage is not sure to have been cultivated by ancient Germanics, though. The different forms of cabbage we know today, like cauliflower, broccoli, kale and so on, all stem from 'wild cabbage', which seems to have been native to the Mediterranean, and the Romans and the Greeks being the first known cultivators.

Walking around in nature in Northern Europe, one would be hard pressed to find much sustenance growing in the wild. Some berries and herbs in late summer, and some mushrooms in the autumn. That is more or less all. The rest of one's potential food sources are animalistic in origin. Agriculture has only been around for around 12.000 years, and only the last six thousands years in Scandinavia. So it is safe to assume most of our ancestors' food have been animals in one form or another for the vast majority of our evolutionary history.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Žoreišar For This Useful Post:

Funding Member
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    1 Minute Ago @ 08:37 PM
    Ethnicity
    Scandinavian
    Ancestry
    East Norwegian + distant Finnish
    Subrace
    Nordid + reduced CM
    Country
    Norway Norway
    Occupation
    Traditional Craftsman
    Politics
    Family, Nation & Nature
    Religion
    Heathen Worldview
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    509 Posts
    Been on the Carnivore diet for almost four weeks now, so I thought it was time for an update. Been living solely on meat (mostly of cows), eggs, fish, water, salt, pepper and the occasional spoonful of butter. Cow meat accounting for about 95% of my food consumption. The first two weeks were kind of hard, as my body was still adjusting, and I was not mentally used to eating such amounts of meat, which made me feel a bit week and sluggish. Never had any issues other than those, though. Feeling pretty good and healthy, and no scurvy or other negative side-effects as of yet. My body-fat percentage has gone a bit down, though, which I didn't intend, and hoping to keep that at bay for now.

The health issue I was struggling with, which was the reason I got into this in the first place, hasn't been bothering my the last couple of weeks. But seeing as it's been going on and off in cycles the last year, I'll give it another months or so before I consider having found the cure. I have noticed some other positive side-effects, though, namely with my hearing. For the last eight years, my ears have progressively gotten worse, making a horrible screeching sound whenever subjected to loud sound volumes, like lots of speaking at the same time in social gatherings, or when going to music shows. That seems to have subsided, and I can now listen to quite loud music in my car without any issues. I'll give it a few weeks to see if the progression is permanent, but I am really hoping I have found a solution here.

Another quirk I've been dealing with for some years, is occasional dizziness. Especially when sitting down and getting up again, possibly due to low blood pressure. That has been completely absent the last three weeks, even on days when I have been not eating as much as I should have and been very physically active. The reason might be that I am in ketosis, and not because of the Carnivore diet per se, but in any case, I am glad to have found some alleviation.