Ecological Geniocracy
    Religion
    Vedic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    110 Posts

Male Right-Wing Nationalists Are Now All Climate Change Deniers

Over the past few years, it’s become clear that maladjusted conspiracy theorists were very likely to be climate change deniers. Just when those who thought they were normal people but merely skeptical were beginning to think that maybe that was just a blip, strong evidence has emerged from multiple peer-reviewed and published studies that if you scratch a white, male, far-right nationalist, you’ll find a denier of climate science as well.

We find that conservative white males are significantly more likely than are other Americans to endorse denialist views on all five items, and that these differences are even greater for those conservative white males who self-report understanding global warming very well. Cool dudes: The denial of climate change among conservative white males in the United States, Aaron M. McCright, Riley E.Dunlap, Global Environmental ChangeVolume 21, Issue 4, October 2011, Pages 1163-1172

The US study was replicated in Norway and found that in that country there was evidence that climate change denial was merging with right-wing nationalism and become a focal point of agreement in those groups.
    Source: CleanTechnica

"Something that would challenge the status quo is something [conservative white males] want to shun."

"It's not a biological or gender thing," he said. "It's a political thing." Liberal white males are more accepting of government regulations and challenges to the status quo because it fits in their political ideology, he said.

"When you start talking about climate change and the need for major changes, carbon taxes and lifestyle changes, [conservatives] see this as a threat to capitalism and future prosperity," said McCright. "So conservatives tend to be very negative towards climate change."
    Source: Scientific American

climate denialism is part of something much larger. The most significant driving force behind climate change denial among CWM is not any ineffable psychological mystery but simply the increasing intensity and radicalization of the American conservative movement. The same dynamic afflicting climate change is afflicting the debate over fiscal policy, the economy, jobs, and health care. The right is rejecting empirical reality and adopting a stance of unshakeable ideological opposition to anything the non-right does, even policies they have supported in the past (see: individual mandate in health care, cap-and-trade in environmental policy).
    Since Reagan, but accelerating since Gingrich, the right has become more and more homogenous, composed of CWM who share a visceral sense of being besieged, of “losing their country.” [...] They need everything divided into two buckets: good and evil. In those circumstances, the chances of luring CWM into the climate hawk coalition seem exceedingly slim, no matter how clever and psychologically adept the messaging. [...] The Tea Party views even efficient lightbulbs as incipient tyranny.
    Name:  PS_2016.10.04_Politics-of-Climate_0-02.png
Views: 117
Size:  62.8 KB

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ahnenerbe For This Useful Post:

Grand Member
    Last Online
    Thursday, October 31st, 2019 @ 04:26 AM
    Ethnicity
    English
    Ancestry
    English, Anglo-Saxon
    Country
    England England
    Aries
    Family
    Married
    Occupation
    Self Employed
    Politics
    Free Speech / Anti-EU
    Religion
    Pagan
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,394 Posts
    So Nationalism is on the rise and they want to distract Nationalists from their primary focus, which is immigration.

I don't see many of them falling for this

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SaxonPagan For This Useful Post:

Last Online
    Sunday, November 18th, 2018 @ 11:27 AM
    Ethnicity
    English
    Ancestry
    8/16 English, 1/16 Scott. English, 3/16 Irish English, 4/16 Irish
    Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Nationalist / Eclectic
    Religion
    Agnostic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    241 Posts
    I have noticed that nationalists on the internet hardly ever talk about environmental issues. This, on the face of it, is a bit surprising because a love of one's country should include concern for the natural environment as well as the racial make up of the population - they are, actually, closely related things - natural identities.

It's obvious that capitalists would tend to deny climate change because it conflicts with their ideal of endless economic growth. But why should ethno-nationalists also be deniers? Some possible reasons:

* They don't trust the scientific establishment ('everything is a conspiracy')
    * Conservation policies conflict with the mantra of 'go forth and multiply' (which, ironically, probably comes from the Old Testament, I think)
    * They are too obsessed with immigration and race to be interested in other threats

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Aelfgar For This Useful Post:

Last Online
    4 Days Ago @ 02:29 PM
    Status
    Prolonged Absence
    Ethnicity
    German
    Ancestry
    Jutland
    Subrace
    Nordid
    Country
    Germany Germany
    State
    Schleswig-Holstein Schleswig-Holstein
    Zodiac Sign
    Taurus
    Family
    Widowed
    Politics
    cons. old fashion worker class
    Religion
    Philosophical Archaic Christian
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    238 Posts
    I have been always pro-environmental .

The Green party in Germany syphoned from the Social Democrats ,
    while the press always citied Christian Democrats putting the Economy first ,
    and made it appear , that the Christians would not care for the ecology.

But I believe , that the current CO² maniacs are running for the wrong enemy ,
    since Humidity during clear day skies is the main reason for global warming .

We might even experience some unknown cooling in future ;
    a nuclear world war may be the only chance to stop the warming .
    Mk 10:18 What do you call me a good master, no-one is good .

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Uwe Jens Lornsen For This Useful Post:

Grand Member
    Last Online
    Thursday, October 31st, 2019 @ 04:26 AM
    Ethnicity
    English
    Ancestry
    English, Anglo-Saxon
    Country
    England England
    Aries
    Family
    Married
    Occupation
    Self Employed
    Politics
    Free Speech / Anti-EU
    Religion
    Pagan
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,394 Posts
    Actually, environmental issues could be something for Nationalists to focus on because we're currently having to build a new house in Britain every 4 minutes to keep up with the immigrant-led population growth and now the government is even planning to concrete over the green belts!!!

10. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to SaxonPagan For This Useful Post:

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    English
    Ancestry
    Country
    Nationalist / Eclectic
    Religion
    Agnostic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    241 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Godwinson View Post
    Actually, environmental issues could be something for Nationalists to focus on because we're currently having to build a new house in Britain every 4 minutes to keep up with the immigrant-led population growth and now the government is even planning to concrete over the green belts!!!
    Absolutely. What would England be without its green fields and bluebell woods? The strange thing about the Green Party is that they ignore the immigration issue when it's a big part of the environmental problem.

I'm actually more interested in preserving local landscapes/environments than the global warming issue since there's not much point us limiting our carbon emissions when America, India and China are burning it up. I would agree with a multilateral arrangement as long as it was even-handed.

If you look up something like 'nazism environmentalism' you'll find some interesting stuff.

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Aelfgar For This Useful Post:

Bloodhound
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    German
    Ancestry
    Atlantean
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    37 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Aelfgar View Post
    This, on the face of it, is a bit surprising because a love of one's country should include concern for the natural environment as well as the racial make up of the population - they are, actually, closely related things - natural identities.
    I agree, even more so, from German to Englishman, oil and gas are dependencies from other societies. It is never wrong to gain energy autonomy, thus solar- and wind power etc. are certainly support worthy from a nationalistic perspective. However, this is different in the US and for Germany we could still utilize uran and coal.
    In any case, climate change has been happening at any point in time and will continue to do so, we might have accelerated it a bit, but the projected events in the future are hardly facts. Climate models are not that good.
    "Nothing is more disgusting than the majority: because it consists of a few powerful predecessors, of rogues who adapt themselves, of weak who assimilate themselves, and the masses who imitate without knowing at all what they want." (Johann Wolfgang Goethe)

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Jäger For This Useful Post:

Last Online
    Thursday, June 6th, 2019 @ 09:00 PM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-Celtic
    Ancestry
    Mercian, Ulster & Midlothian
    Subrace
    Nordid & North-Atlantid
    Country
    England England
    State
    Mercia Mercia
    Sagittarius
    Family
    Single adult
    Occupation
    Research Scientist
    Politics
    Nationalist
    Religion
    Anglo-Saxon Heathenry
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts
    I'm a nationalist, and I love the environment.

I studied Ecology at university (I know, leftie hell-holes) and I find the data to be convincing. But as has been said by others here they never mention that immigration is the reason we're having to build so many new homes, now encroaching on the green belt.

What nation are we leaving to our descendants if we do this? Concrete jungles? If we close the boarders and strip away the welfare system this will cease, population will stabilise and less houses will need to be built.

Moderator "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Dutch
    Subrace
    Don't know
    Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    State
    Utrecht Utrecht
    Family
    Single adult
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    224 Posts
    It might be caused that thanks to the radical left high jacking green politics is that present day nationalists are sceptical of the claims media and politicians make about climate change. However the irony is that research seems to indicate that climate sceptici are more likely to engage in environmentally responsible behaviour. While those who believe the claims of the media and (mostly left wing) politicians about climate change are less likely to engage in that kind of behaviour.
    The sense of honor is of so fine and delicate a nature that
    it is only to be met with in minds which are naturally noble or
    cultivated by good examples and a refined education.
    - Sir Richard Steele

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    English
    Ancestry
    Country
    Nationalist / Eclectic
    Religion
    Agnostic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    241 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The Mercian View Post
    I'm a nationalist, and I love the environment.

I studied Ecology at university (I know, leftie hell-holes) and I find the data to be convincing. But as has been said by others here they never mention that immigration is the reason we're having to build so many new homes, now encroaching on the green belt.

What nation are we leaving to our descendants if we do this? Concrete jungles? If we close the boarders and strip away the welfare system this will cease, population will stabilise and less houses will need to be built.
    Welfare for those who truly need it. A policy of white only settlement would result in approx. zero net migration. That's the first step to make, along with finding and expelling all illegal immigrants.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Aelfgar For This Useful Post:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast