Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 79

Thread: "Toxic Masculinity"

  1. #51
    Omnia in bonum
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

    Alice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-American
    Ancestry
    English and German
    Subrace
    Nordid + CM
    mtDNA
    K1c2
    Gender
    Religion
    Catholic
    Posts
    1,843
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    2,964
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    1,076
    Thanked in
    592 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Finnish Swede View Post
    How about the followings? Egocentricity, unemotionality, violence, narcissism, chauvinism, dirty talks, extroverted aggressive sexuality?
    To me, most of these traits seem more like character flaws or shortcomings that aren't exclusive to men.
    'Well, what are you?" said the Pigeon. "I can see you're trying to invent something!" "I-I'm a little girl," said Alice, rather doubtfully. She found herself at last in a beautiful garden, among the bright flower-beds and the cool fountains.



  2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Alice For This Useful Post:


  3. #52
    Funding Member
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

    Finnish Swede's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Finnish Swede
    Ancestry
    Father: Swedish, Mother Finnish Swede
    Subrace
    Sub-Nordid - Nordid - Baltid mix
    Country
    Sweden Sweden
    State
    Scania Scania
    Gender
    Age
    21
    Zodiac Sign
    Pisces
    Occupation
    Student
    Politics
    No specific ideology
    Religion
    Lutheran
    Posts
    2,001
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    415
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    2,574
    Thanked in
    1,418 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Alice View Post
    To me, most of these traits seem more like character flaws or shortcomings that aren't exclusive to men.
    Maybe so ... still some have those ''flaws'' more than others ...and those are also more easily ''silently'' approved/ allowed if person is male (masculinity).

  4. The Following User Says Thank You to Finnish Swede For This Useful Post:


  5. #53
    Funding Member
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

    Žoreišar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Online
    2 Hours Ago @ 02:13 PM
    Ethnicity
    Scandinavian
    Ancestry
    East Norwegian + distant Finnish
    Subrace
    Nordid + reduced CM
    Y-DNA
    I1a1
    Country
    Norway Norway
    Location
    Sweden
    Gender
    Age
    29
    Occupation
    Traditional Craftsman
    Politics
    Family, Nation & Nature
    Religion
    Heathen Worldview
    Posts
    2,402
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    2,309
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    1,381
    Thanked in
    684 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Finnish Swede View Post
    Just because nobody else dare to do that here (and I'm ''beastly'').
    Can you imagine how you would have reacted if we were having a conversation about defining what is feminine, and some guy would butt in and drop terms like sluttishness, compulsive lying and infidelity? Can you see how toxic and hostile that would come across?

    If you really find those terms you mentioned as fitting descriptions of men in general, I'd suggest you reconsider what men you surround yourself with.

    Quote Originally Posted by Finnish Swede View Post
    I tend to think that mens behaviors bases on masculinity and if men change so change that word (what it includes).
    I don't see it that way. The dichotomy between masculine and feminine is meant to distinguish which traits that are quintessential and natural to the respective sexes. If all boys were brought up to play with dolls, and continued this practice into adulthood, it still wouldn't be a masculine trait to play with dolls.

    Quote Originally Posted by Finnish Swede View Post
    Maybe so ... still some have those ''flaws'' more than others ...and those are also more easily ''silently'' approved/ allowed if person is male (masculinity).
    Once again you're trying to steer the discourse into a tug-of-war over which sex is worse than the other. Which was never the point of this thread at all.

    Do they have a lot of gender studies classes at the university you're attending?
    A nation is an organic thing, historically defined.
    A wave of passionate energy which unites past, present and future generations

  6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Žoreišar For This Useful Post:


  7. #54
    Funding Member
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

    Finnish Swede's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Finnish Swede
    Ancestry
    Father: Swedish, Mother Finnish Swede
    Subrace
    Sub-Nordid - Nordid - Baltid mix
    Country
    Sweden Sweden
    State
    Scania Scania
    Gender
    Age
    21
    Zodiac Sign
    Pisces
    Occupation
    Student
    Politics
    No specific ideology
    Religion
    Lutheran
    Posts
    2,001
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    415
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    2,574
    Thanked in
    1,418 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Žoreišar View Post
    Can you imagine how you would have reacted if we were having a conversation about defining what is feminine, and some guy would butt in and drop terms like sluttishness, compulsive lying and infidelity? Can you see how toxic and hostile that would come across?
    No needs. There are (and have been) similar enough threads ... and lot ... started by men....blaming women for this and women for that ... so I know how I will react.

    Quote Originally Posted by Žoreišar View Post
    I don't see it that way. The dichotomy between masculine and feminine is meant to distinguish which traits that are quintessential and natural to the respective sexes. If all boys were brought up to play with dolls, and continued this practice into adulthood, it still wouldn't be a masculine trait to play with dolls.
    Okey ... is that dichotomy you mentioned black & white and total (incl. all characteristics of humans)? I doubt that (your opinion) based on your earlier posts.

    Quote Originally Posted by Žoreišar View Post
    Once again you're trying to steer the discourse into a tug-of-war over which sex is worse than the other. Which was never the point of this thread at all.
    See above ... more like let men taste ''the soup'' which they are too often offering to women.

    Quote Originally Posted by Žoreišar View Post
    Do they have a lot of gender studies classes at the university you're attending?
    Do you?

  8. The Following User Says Thank You to Finnish Swede For This Useful Post:


  9. #55
    Senior Member The Aesthete's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Online
    2 Weeks Ago @ 05:40 PM
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-Australian
    Country
    Australia Australia
    Gender
    Politics
    Nordish Preservationist
    Posts
    2,203
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    302
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    154
    Thanked in
    98 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Žoreišar View Post
    Can you imagine how you would have reacted if we were having a conversation about defining what is feminine, and some guy would butt in and drop terms like sluttishness, compulsive lying and infidelity? Can you see how toxic and hostile that would come across?
    You forgot materialistic lol



    Unfortunately the gender studies cultural Marxist critique of masculinity is negative aimed at destroying white hetrosexual males.
    Our beauty is our power, our strength. We can’t allow them to change us, to lessen us. I will never grant them that satisfaction, and neither should you!

    White Oleander

  10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to The Aesthete For This Useful Post:


  11. #56
    Funding Member
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

    Žoreišar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Online
    2 Hours Ago @ 02:13 PM
    Ethnicity
    Scandinavian
    Ancestry
    East Norwegian + distant Finnish
    Subrace
    Nordid + reduced CM
    Y-DNA
    I1a1
    Country
    Norway Norway
    Location
    Sweden
    Gender
    Age
    29
    Occupation
    Traditional Craftsman
    Politics
    Family, Nation & Nature
    Religion
    Heathen Worldview
    Posts
    2,402
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    2,309
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    1,381
    Thanked in
    684 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Finnish Swede View Post
    No needs. There are (and have been) similar enough threads ... and lot ... started by men....blaming women for this and women for that ... so I know how I will react.
    So you do know how toxic and hostile it comes across, and yet you choose to partake in it yourself, as some sort of retaliation?

    Quote Originally Posted by Finnish Swede View Post
    Okey ... is that dichotomy you mentioned black & white and total (incl. all characteristics of humans)? I doubt that (your opinion) based on your earlier posts.
    I don't understand what you mean.

    Quote Originally Posted by Finnish Swede View Post
    Do you?
    Not a lot, but they do manage to push some gender studies nonsense in between the courses from time to time. I'm just glad I wasn't subjected to that stuff before reaching adulthood. Young, developing brains seems to be much harder hit by it.
    A nation is an organic thing, historically defined.
    A wave of passionate energy which unites past, present and future generations

  12. #57
    Funding Member
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

    Finnish Swede's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Finnish Swede
    Ancestry
    Father: Swedish, Mother Finnish Swede
    Subrace
    Sub-Nordid - Nordid - Baltid mix
    Country
    Sweden Sweden
    State
    Scania Scania
    Gender
    Age
    21
    Zodiac Sign
    Pisces
    Occupation
    Student
    Politics
    No specific ideology
    Religion
    Lutheran
    Posts
    2,001
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    415
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    2,574
    Thanked in
    1,418 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Žoreišar View Post
    So you do know how toxic and hostile it comes across, and yet you choose to partake in it yourself, as some sort of retaliation?
    Just seen those too much. Turning your comment upside down ... perhaps this kind comments might open somebodies eyes .... and they would avoid the toxic comments bit more in the future.

    Quote Originally Posted by Žoreišar View Post
    I don't understand what you mean.
    Do you think you can deal all human characteristics to masculine and feminine? Like black & white? Or are there some which you would put to both baskets? Or some which won't fit either of those two baskets?

    Quote Originally Posted by Žoreišar View Post
    Not a lot, but they do manage to push some gender studies nonsense in between the courses from time to time. I'm just glad I wasn't subjected to that stuff before reaching adulthood. Young, developing brains seems to be much harder hit by it.
    Do you think I'm person who is easy target?

  13. The Following User Says Thank You to Finnish Swede For This Useful Post:


  14. #58
    Funding Member
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

    Žoreišar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Online
    2 Hours Ago @ 02:13 PM
    Ethnicity
    Scandinavian
    Ancestry
    East Norwegian + distant Finnish
    Subrace
    Nordid + reduced CM
    Y-DNA
    I1a1
    Country
    Norway Norway
    Location
    Sweden
    Gender
    Age
    29
    Occupation
    Traditional Craftsman
    Politics
    Family, Nation & Nature
    Religion
    Heathen Worldview
    Posts
    2,402
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    2,309
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    1,381
    Thanked in
    684 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Finnish Swede View Post
    Just seen those too much. Turning your comment upside down ... perhaps this kind comments might open somebodies eyes .... and they would avoid the toxic comments bit more in the future.
    Obviously, you're dragging some baggage into this thread which is totally irrelevant to the subject matter. If you've felt offended by something in another thread, or another place altogether, adress it there. Attempting to battle toxicity with more toxicity is hardly a constructive nor mature way to go about it.

    Quote Originally Posted by Finnish Swede View Post
    Do you think you can deal all human characteristics to masculine and feminine? Like black & white? Or are there some which you would put to both baskets? Or some which won't fit either of those two baskets?
    Nothing is completely black or white when dealing with sociology. As I wrote earlier, the purpose of the masculine-feminine dichotomy is to create some sort of image of their differing quintessential qualities. If a trait fits both categories, it serves no purpose in making a distinction between the two.

    Quote Originally Posted by Finnish Swede View Post
    Do you think I'm person who is easy target?
    I don't know. But you honestly do seem to hold a bit of an anti-male mentality. What the source of that is, I could only speculate.
    A nation is an organic thing, historically defined.
    A wave of passionate energy which unites past, present and future generations

  15. #59
    Funding Member
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

    Finnish Swede's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Finnish Swede
    Ancestry
    Father: Swedish, Mother Finnish Swede
    Subrace
    Sub-Nordid - Nordid - Baltid mix
    Country
    Sweden Sweden
    State
    Scania Scania
    Gender
    Age
    21
    Zodiac Sign
    Pisces
    Occupation
    Student
    Politics
    No specific ideology
    Religion
    Lutheran
    Posts
    2,001
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    415
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    2,574
    Thanked in
    1,418 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Žoreišar View Post
    But you honestly do seem to hold a bit of an anti-male mentality. What the source of that is, I could only speculate.
    Anti-male? Nah ... don't go that level/easy roads/generalization. You will not shape up with me ... then. Free tip.

    Wrong. Not against all (as a gender), but against some types/attitudes? I agree. I hardly like all women (characteristics/types) either.

  16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Finnish Swede For This Useful Post:


  17. #60
    Omnia in bonum
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

    Alice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-American
    Ancestry
    English and German
    Subrace
    Nordid + CM
    mtDNA
    K1c2
    Gender
    Religion
    Catholic
    Posts
    1,843
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    2,964
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    1,076
    Thanked in
    592 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Finnish Swede View Post
    What is masculinity?
    I hope this isn't veering too much off-topic, but there's a quote from Hilaire Belloc's The Path to Rome that describes masculinity in a positive light, though it does mention the Catholic Church (I hope this doesn't irk folks):

    The Catholic Church makes men. By which I do not mean boasters and swaggerers, nor bullies nor ignorant fools, who, finding themselves comfortable, think that their comfort will be a boon to others, and attempt (with singular unsuccess) to force it on the world; but men, human beings, different from the beasts, capable of firmness and discipline and recognition ; accepting death ; tenacious...of such also some day she may make soldiers.
    'Well, what are you?" said the Pigeon. "I can see you're trying to invent something!" "I-I'm a little girl," said Alice, rather doubtfully. She found herself at last in a beautiful garden, among the bright flower-beds and the cool fountains.



  18. The Following User Says Thank You to Alice For This Useful Post:


Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 3
    Last Post: Saturday, October 13th, 2018, 02:20 AM
  2. Replies: 6
    Last Post: Saturday, June 16th, 2018, 01:02 PM
  3. Replies: 12
    Last Post: Sunday, June 3rd, 2018, 07:15 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •