Quote Originally Posted by AWAR
Dude, you're challenging EVERYTHING.
At the same time you're disputing the origins of IE, the very IE family as well as the family's age.
Yes, and I've struggled with the question for a decade and a half. I remember when Colin Renfrew published his work on "Archaeology and Language" nearly 20 years ago. His work overturned the old model of these "big blonde horsewarriors from Central Asia invading Europe and imposing Indo-European language, culture, and genes." He was right about how that model was wrong. His model, in turn, has quickly become dated: his idea of this peaceful 'pastoral agriculturalists' from the Middle East dispersing over time throughout Europe as 'culture bearers' had some good thought behind it: but ultimately I don't think it is any more correct than the old 'Aryan wandering warrior' model.

You're disputing that agriculturals were more advanced than hunter-gatherers,
and at the same time you say that agriculture in Britain is autochtonous.
( based on plows of same age being found in both Balkan/Anatolia and Britain ).
Yes. The idea of a 'hierarchy of progress' is a dated meme, and a fallacy. The idea of agriculturalists being more 'advanced' in anything but agriculture is a leap in judgement. What does one mean by advanced, the begin with? One can have a more 'advanced' science, religion, social technology ... while being pre-agricultural. Agriculture as a measure of 'advancement', doesn't work. As a marker of 'civilization' it does, because cities cannot be built without agriculture. So, since cities cause an increase in crime, wars, disease, and human degradation - I would consider the process of agriculture and 'civilization' to be less advanced, a sort of devolution. (Us Agrarians are like that. )

The distribution of languages and DNA of prehistoric Europe,
and last, but not least, my theory that Tolkien was a neanderthal
LOL! (You mean Austrians are Neanderthals?) Sure - I'm sure to challenge Balkan, Nordic, Mediterranean, Armenoid, Jewish, Negroid, or any other sort of 'superiority' theories. As for Neanderthal survival: I'm still waiting to see one bit of evidence of a genetic survival, or of cultural transmission from Neanderthal to modern Homo Sapiens.

So, to change the tune, please, let me hear YOUR theory ( backed up with some maps ) about the migrations, populations and languages of ancient Europe ( and the ME, if you feel like it ).
I'm working on it. It is a theory in progress based upon the latest archaeological, genetic, and linguistic evidence: data which has not all been compiled yet. I'm pretty sure that the classical, nor Refrew's idea are correct, however. The Middle East I'll leave to someone else.