Politics
    Fascist
    Religion
    Pagan
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    887 Posts
    But as Chlod mentioned earlier in the thread, you don't see a lot of rich upperclass women chasing after rugged construction workers. If it's merely a matter of financial standing, or more of a question of inherit sub-cultural differences, is hard to say. But it doesn't seem to be a problem the other way around. That is, a rich upperclass man marrying an attractive, young lady working at the cash register.
    As Agnes said back in post #211, women are by nature hypergamous. I’ve never seriously contested this but there are only a certain number of rich men available so the majority of working-class women will eventually have to settle for less.

TBH, I don't really care who upper-class women go for but it's true that not many of them marry poor men. They of course mate with the rich ones like themselves, many of whom have been made soft by their easy lives, and then they fantasise about the construction workers

And what would that reason be, if not a higher focus on materialism in women's evaluation of male attractiveness?
    I said that there’s a reason for ‘sexiness inequality’ (as the article puts it) based solely on the fact that nature knows best. In most species the male will hunt, and sometimes even fight, for a female partner whilst the females just more or less let them get on with it in the knowledge that there will always be other aspirants. If ‘sexiness equality’ was the rule then the females would also be fighting over the males and the latter, once again, would go soft.

Ultimately, however, we’re talking about human behaviour and there's neither a set pattern for women as a group nor as individuals. They can be very fickle creatures and I’m not sure that a good 80% of them even know themselves what they want Analysing the stats is a waste of time. The only statistical law that holds true, in an approximate kind of way, is the law of averages because the more females you frequent the greater will be your chances of success.

Speaking for myself, I’d just give this Gini a good sh*g and worry about her coefficient later!

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SaxonPagan For This Useful Post:

Funding Member
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    3 Hours Ago @ 07:48 AM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    Scandinavian
    Ancestry
    East Norwegian + distant Finnish
    Subrace
    Nordid-CM
    Country
    Norway Norway
    Occupation
    Traditional Craftsman
    Politics
    Nationalism
    Religion
    Heathen worldview
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    379 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SaxonPagan View Post
    TBH, I don't really care who upper-class women go for [...]
    I'm sure the approximately one quarter of males who unwillingly grow old as single and childless do, though.

[...] but it's true that not many of them marry poor men. They of course mate with the rich ones like themselves, many of whom have been made soft by their easy lives, and then they fantasise about the construction workers
    For every woman marrying up the socio-economic latter, there is one less woman within reach for the men on the latter below. As a rule, women do not marry down. This wasn't much of an issue in past societies, where the vast majority of men had a higher financial standing than the vast majority of women. But in modern society, it is just one more factor which contributes to the difficulty of men and women finding satisfactory partners.

I said that there’s a reason for ‘sexiness inequality’ (as the article puts it) based solely on the fact that nature knows best. In most species the male will hunt, and sometimes even fight, for a female partner whilst the females just more or less let them get on with it in the knowledge that there will always be other aspirants. If ‘sexiness equality’ was the rule then the females would also be fighting over the males and the latter, once again, would go soft.
    Our natural state left the front seat a long time ago to the favor of systems and mechanisms designed by humans. We could have argued how 'nature knows best' before the advent of social welfare, the pill, women's suffrage and third wave feminism.

Ultimately, however, we’re talking about human behaviour and there's neither a set pattern for women as a group nor as individuals. They can be very fickle creatures and I’m not sure that a good 80% of them even know themselves what they want
    Sure, these things aren't 100% set in stone, but there are some traits which can be considered more or less universally desirable. Tall stature, a heavy wallet, 'Chad' facial characteristics, well-developed muscles, confidence, intelligence, sociability, and social status. Got all of them, and you can expect any single, young woman to give you a chance. Got none of them, and you can expect to never even be considered.

Analysing the stats is a waste of time. The only statistical law that holds true, in an approximate kind of way, is the law of averages because the more females you frequent the greater will be your chances of success.
    Which is why I think bringing up such statistics is important. A young man might gather up the courage and motivation to approach five women, and mistakenly think he has absolutely no value as a potential mate if none of them result in a romantic relationship. But knowing how badly the odds are stacked against his favor from the start, would make him view such defeats more realistically and less crushing. Most people don't get depressed or discouraged if they don't win in the lottery, even after several years playing. But losing a game of heads-and-tails five, ten times in a row, might just make someone think they should give up.
    A nation is an organic thing, historically defined.
    A wave of passionate energy which unites past, present and future generations

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Žoreišar For This Useful Post:

Last Online
    8 Hours Ago @ 03:25 AM
    Ethnicity
    English
    Ancestry
    English, Anglo-Saxon
    Country
    England England
    Married
    Occupation
    Self Employed
    Politics
    Fascist
    Religion
    Pagan
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    887 Posts
    Žoreišar, I'll write a fuller reply when I have the time but this bit caught my eye ...

Tall stature, a heavy wallet, 'Chad' facial characteristics, well-developed muscles, confidence, intelligence, sociability, and social status. Got all of them, and you can expect any single, young woman to give you a chance. Got none of them, and you can expect to never even be considered.
    If you have NONE of the above then you don't deserve to be considered, and would never have been considered by any generation of women in the past either!

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SaxonPagan For This Useful Post:

Last Online
    8 Hours Ago @ 03:25 AM
    Ethnicity
    English
    Ancestry
    English, Anglo-Saxon
    Country
    England England
    Married
    Occupation
    Self Employed
    Politics
    Fascist
    Religion
    Pagan
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    887 Posts
    On second thoughts, I think I’ve already covered everything at some previous point in this marathon thread and it’s all becoming a bit repetitive.

Statistics are meaningless, such as your "one quarter of males who unwillingly grow old as single and childless".

I mean, have you ever taken a serious look at some of today's 'males'? This can only be good news!

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SaxonPagan For This Useful Post:

Funding Member
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts
    And please don't reply with that nonsensical 80/20 rule because I don't believe for one moment that 20% of men are taking 80% of all available women.
    Even if this were the case, given the amount of posts stating that women constantly cheat, you're bound to find a woman even if one of the 20 percent guys already beat you to it.

Page 28 of 28 FirstFirst ... 18232425262728