No specific ideology
    Religion
    Lutheran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,311 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Coillearnach View Post
    Count yourself lucky that you aren't knee deep in this lingo, it's an abyss, really dark stuff is coming out of this "manosphere" movement. It actually gladdens me tremendously that you haven't been exposed to it in any great measure, you seem like a nice young lady with good instincts and I sincerely wish you and women like you never have to deal with these men or their supporters. Please take great care if you start reading any of it, it's incredibly depressing.
    Oh, thanks for those kinds words. I have been lucky to have great parents . Well ... sometimes I can be bit sharp-tongued or fire cracker .

Yes, I try to avoid those in the future as well. There are so many much more interesting matters in this world (which I don't know yet or have not opinion yet).

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Finnish Swede For This Useful Post:

Proffessional Hickerbilly
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    @
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    American of German decent
    Ancestry
    Bavaria/Switzerland
    Country
    Other Other
    State
    Kentucky Kentucky
    Zodiac Sign
    Libra
    Family
    Married
    Occupation
    Kunstschmiede
    Politics
    Self-Reliance
    Religion
    Asatru
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    607 Posts
    Chlodovech, While I don't have time I'm too busy living a real life to respond to your post piecemeal I'm going start to by reminding you of this :

This is a Free Speech Forum for people of Germanic heritage, so you can voice your opinion freely if displayed in a civil and non-provocative manner, even if it is considered politically incorrect by the majority of your contemporaries or Skadi Forum Members. We do not discriminate against philosophies, religions, ideologies, cultures, ethnicities, sub-races, or ideas within the wider framework of Germanic preservation. We do not support arcane anti-free-speech laws imposed by any government, so you can utter your opinion without fear.

Skadi Forum supports the preservation of our Germanic heritage, the development of an all-Germanic consciousness, as well as the defense or reestablishment of the Germanic leitkultur in all Germanic states, communities, and places of settlement. Skadi Forum acknowledges the differences between Germanic cultural branches, such as the Anglo-Saxon, the German, the Netherlandic, and the Scandinavian, and supports their future advancement and their regional diversification in accordance with their nature.

Although we do not desire to define ourselves negatively, we, in light of reoccurring misunderstandings, desire to express clearly that Skadi Forum is not a white nationalist, white supremacist, (neo)-nazi, pan-European, pan-Aryan, or racist forum and that it considers such and similar unitizing, collectivist, totalitarian, oppressive and anti-pluralist ideas incompatible with our freedom-loving Germanic spirit and our diverse and enlightened Germanic societies.
    Now that I reminded you of that, I can proceed mgtows and to a greater extent incels are toxic to those around them, even on the internet.

I live a real life and most of this manospere stuff is only on the internet and you cannot deny that even by your post. I do have a genuine concern when these toxic ideologies affect real life. I always liked Skadi because it set itself apart and does not cater to one group or another. Many of the topics here have real life value and some of here share my views that about incels and mgtows that they are not unifying but instead very divisive, take for example Velvet and I disagree on number of subjects, Velvet and I don't disagree because we are man and woman we disagree on our opinions as humans. I don't view Velvet as a lessor because she a woman or a lessor at all actually, and I hope she does not view me lessor for being a man. With your manospere ideas it separates man from woman very , incels don't view women as people mainly, they view them as sex objects and mgtows do the same.

You talk about "red pill" this and "red pill" that it means nothing, SHTF/prepper communities use the same term in reference to their subjects. This red pill/blue pill is originally a reference from the movie "Matrix" :

It's nothing whatsoever to do with the manosphere , it's just a hijacked term.

As you well know I do other things besides being a blacksmith, I am a contract labor/production consultant for several large utility companies and a few other things I mentioned before. I do see this incel/mgtow behavior in the work place and it is very damaging to those that work hard and are trying to create a productive work place, in essence these guys are non-functioning people.

You are right I don't know a lot about this internet manoshere culture nor do I want to because by your own description it is very divisive, creepy and un-natural. I don't see how on earth you claim it to be some unifying idea when by it's very nature it seeks to divide and most normal people shun these ideas for very good reasons.

More on these toxic trends later, I have some real life things to do that fun and important.
    Life is like a fire hydrant- sometimes you help people put out their fires, but most of the time you just get peed on by every dog in the neighborhood.

Moderator "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Dutch
    Subrace
    Don't know
    Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    State
    Utrecht Utrecht
    Family
    Single adult
    Religion
    Germanic Heathendom
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    212 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SpearBrave View Post
    I live a real life and most of this manospere stuff is only on the internet and you cannot deny that even by your post.
    First manosphere is more then incels and MGTOW. It also various kinds of Men Rights Activist groups. Which includes father who want simple rights like being able to be a part of their children lives. And those are certainly not just on the internet and touches upon issues that includes wanting the right to be part of their children's lives after a really bad divorce. Or points out how the media and politicians like to downplay domestic violence against men. A few years ago an open minded feminist had actually made a documentary about them, called the red pill. Here is ShoeOnHead's review of it :

8T3qoBjzRMs

Now when it comes to incels. I have to say I know little of them. Most of it comes from a youtube video where mister Metokur riffed the documentary shy boys. What I noticed was that the main guy they focused on mostly struggled with anxiety issues. But what I also noticed that some of his friends could be best described as the kind of friends that he really should get rid off. Then there where the PUA's that are trying to take advantage of them for financial gain.

So if I have to give on opinion about them. I would have to say that there are two groups. One, are those locked in a self destructive downward spiral of resentment. And those who are in need of proper advice on how to date/court women, or else they might end up in group #1.
    The sense of honor is of so fine and delicate a nature that
    it is only to be met with in minds which are naturally noble or
    cultivated by good examples and a refined education.
    - Sir Richard Steele

5. The Following User Says Thank You to GroeneWolf For This Useful Post:

"Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    @
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    Ancestry
    Bavaria/Switzerland
    Country
    Other Other
    State
    Kentucky Kentucky
    Zodiac Sign
    Libra
    Family
    Married
    Occupation
    Kunstschmiede
    Politics
    Self-Reliance
    Religion
    Asatru
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    607 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GroeneWolf View Post
    First manosphere is more then incels and MGTOW. It also various kinds of Men Rights Activist groups. Which includes father who want simple rights like being able to be a part of their children lives. And those are certainly not just on the internet and touches upon issues that includes wanting the right to be part of their children's lives after a really bad divorce. Or points out how the media and politicians like to downplay domestic violence against men.
    I travel a lot and I come into real life contact with a lot of people, especially men of all ages and never I heard the term "manosphere" outside of the internet. I have heard of Dad's Rights movements and domestic violence against men issues, but these are not referred to as "manosphere", sorry but the whole term sounds very um, well...………..

A few years ago an open minded feminist had actually made a documentary about them, called the red pill. Here is ShoeOnHead's review of it :

8T3qoBjzRMs

Still the reference and term comes from the movie Matrix, it can be borrowed and used for any subject that is counter culture.
    Life is like a fire hydrant- sometimes you help people put out their fires, but most of the time you just get peed on by every dog in the neighborhood.

Moderator "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Dutch
    Subrace
    Don't know
    Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    State
    Utrecht Utrecht
    Family
    Single adult
    Religion
    Germanic Heathendom
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    212 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SpearBrave View Post
    I travel a lot and I come into real life contact with a lot of people, especially men of all ages
    Irrelevant. Same can be said about politicians that mock the concerns of working class Euro-Americans and label them as deplorables.

Or to make an other comparison, if I met the people you interact with and drop the term communication range in relation to how some people have difficulties relating with other people, they might say they never heard of it and would not be interested in knowing what is meant with it. While most people I interact with in real life, if they have not heard of it would be more likely to want to know what is meant with it.

and never I heard the term "manosphere" outside of the internet. I have heard of Dad's Rights movements and domestic violence against men issues, but these are not referred to as "manosphere"
    Except that the definition of manosphere does include those websites and blogs that are about men's rights issues.

Still the reference and term comes from the movie Matrix,
    With all due respect, you would impress no one who uses term red pill with this. They know where it comes from, it is not a big secret that is being kept from them.
    The sense of honor is of so fine and delicate a nature that
    it is only to be met with in minds which are naturally noble or
    cultivated by good examples and a refined education.
    - Sir Richard Steele

Funding Member
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Finnish Swede
    Ancestry
    Father: Swedish, Mother Finnish Swede
    Subrace
    Sub-Nordid - Nordid - Baltid mix
    Country
    Other Other
    State
    Finland Swede Community Finland Swede Community
    Zodiac Sign
    Pisces
    Occupation
    Student
    Politics
    No specific ideology
    Religion
    Lutheran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,311 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Finnish Swede View Post
    Laws differs in different countries. For me ... USA surely is not all ways one kind of model country. Fits on this. Divorces are much more reasonable here (economy wise). And especially if couple have signed marriage settlement (like many do today). The only thing where mens' position is too weak (I think)... is their rights to see their kids (after divorces). If woman (who as a mother will normally get the kids) is badly hurt, she might hit back via their common kids. Basically making it many ways difficult for man to see them (even as he needs to support them ... until they become adults (18).
    First manosphere is more then incels and MGTOW. It also various kinds of Men Rights Activist groups. Which includes father who want simple rights like being able to be a part of their children lives. And those are certainly not just on the internet and touches upon issues that includes wanting the right to be part of their children's lives after a really bad divorce.
    As I also mentioned this same matter bit earlier (and as a woman ... feeling it is ''wrong'' ... giving some sympathy to those men who had faced it) ... I want to add a few extra ''spices'' into this ''soup''. Nothing is totally black or white.

I think with normal people (not celibrations etc.) .... their marriages can die (or end) either a.) slowly; little by little as partners are simply growing apart (or one of them ... and other is forced to) or b.) rapidly (after one/some big surprises ... like cheating).

At first cases ... I hardly think that after divorces women will any bigger scale (at least here in Scandinavia) stop their kids biological fathers for seeing their kids. They think (as both parents) the best of their kids. Bloody fights at courtrooms (properties) are not either common. Laws are here clear, good and fair enough to both sides. There might be countries there it is not the same, but for me those are marks of ''third world countries'' vs. my two ''home countries'' Finland and Sweden .... and they (people there) should do something about it locally. Not under my power or any outsiders.

At second cases? Here that is possible. Feelings have been hurt so badly & emotions are on top. BUT ... men/guys ... by then you have done something very stupid! Is it right to use children as a weapon to hit back? Surely not, but you hardly are innocent angels either.

So what can be said? Avoid stupidities and you are doing much better. Incl. what comes to this particular matter.

"Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    @
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    Ancestry
    Bavaria/Switzerland
    Country
    Other Other
    State
    Kentucky Kentucky
    Zodiac Sign
    Libra
    Family
    Married
    Occupation
    Kunstschmiede
    Politics
    Self-Reliance
    Religion
    Asatru
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    607 Posts
    Irrelevant. Same can be said about politicians that mock the concerns of working class Euro-Americans and label them as deplorables.

Or to make an other comparison, if I met the people you interact with and drop the term communication range in relation to how some people have difficulties relating with other people, they might say they never heard of it and would not be interested in knowing what is meant with it. While most people I interact with in real life, if they have not heard of it would be more likely to want to know what is meant with it.

Except that the definition of manosphere does include those websites and blogs that are about men's rights issues.
    No, it's very relevant as to my point that the "manoshere" hardly exist outside of the internet, it's not common away from the internet. My point is people are having trouble separating the virtual world from real life, and when they do bring their virtual ideas into real life their are issues as I have seen in the work place or worse as Saxon Pagan posted in that video it is toxic.

I would have no trouble with this "manosphere" if it did not include mgtows and violent incels, I said before in a slight way you can feel sorry for these incels, but I doubt most of their celibacies are involuntary given their expressed views on women and blaming women for them not having one.

With all due respect, you would impress no one who uses term red pill with this. They know where it comes from, it is not a big secret that is being kept from them.
    My point here is the term "red pill" is used by different groups to mean different things, I seen it first used in the prepper subculture then the alt-right, now with these mgtow and incels.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to SpearBrave For This Useful Post:

Funding Member
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    1 Hour Ago @ 06:25 AM
    Ethnicity
    Scandinavian
    Ancestry
    East Norwegian + distant Finnish
    Subrace
    Nordid + reduced CM
    Country
    Norway Norway
    Occupation
    Traditional Craftsman
    Politics
    Family, Nation & Nature
    Religion
    Heathen Worldview
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    556 Posts
    Stefan Molyneux summing it up, pretty much.

A nation is an organic thing, historically defined.
    A wave of passionate energy which unites past, present and future generations

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Žoreišar For This Useful Post:

Funding Member
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    12 Hours Ago @ 06:36 PM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    Canadian
    Ancestry
    Friesland, Norway, Denmark
    Subrace
    Trųnder
    Country
    Canada Canada
    State
    Ontario Ontario
    Family
    Married
    Occupation
    Carpenter/ Craftsman
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts
    Speaking of mgtow's and incels...

I know of few of these kinds of men and I am getting tired of them telling me that because I am happily married, I am either a moron, duped, whipped, or that I am due for an inevitable divorce.

I am actually very pleased with what marriage and my wife have brought into my life.

14. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Sjoerd For This Useful Post:

Last Online
    8 Hours Ago @ 10:53 PM
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-American
    Country
    United States United States
    State
    New York New York
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    427 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sjoerd View Post
    Speaking of mgtow's and incels...

I know of few of these kinds of men and I am getting tired of them telling me that because I am happily married, I am either a moron, duped, whipped, or that I am due for an inevitable divorce.

I am actually very pleased with what marriage and my wife have brought into my life.
    Congratulations. I'm happy for you. But don't judge them too harshly the vast majority of mens lives
    out there is hellish.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Astragoth For This Useful Post: