Thread: Almost Half of Swedes and Danes Reject EU, Prefer Their Own Nordic Union

Moderator "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Danish
    Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Family
    Engaged parent
    Politics
    Nationalism
    Religion
    Odinism
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    195 Posts

Almost Half of Swedes and Danes Reject EU, Prefer Their Own Nordic Union

Nearly half of Swedes and Danes said theyd rather be in a 'Nordic Union' with their neighbors from Norway, Finland, and Iceland than in the EU, a fresh poll revealed.

Research conducted by pollster Sentio for Norwegian newspaper Klassekampen showed 47 percent support the hypothetical Nordic Union in Sweden and 45 percent in Denmark.

32 percent of Swedes and 36 percent of Danes were happy to remain in the European Union, while the rest said they were undecided on the issue.

As for non-EU member Norway, only 10 percent suggested that it would be a good idea for the country to join the European Union. The concept of the so-called 'Nordic Union,' which would see Sweden, Denmark, Norway, Finland, and Iceland implementing joint policies, was backed by 32 percent of Norwegians.

The poll was conducted in Norway, Sweden, and Denmark, with around 1,000 people surveyed in each of the countries. The researchers didnt ask those in Finland and Iceland for their opinion.

The respondents werent asked in the survey to explain the reasons behind their low level of trust in the EU.

With the bloc going through a massive migrant crisis since 2015, Sweden and Denmark were forced to accommodate thousands of people fleeing unrest in North Africa and the Middle East.

In Sweden, the right-wing Sweden Democrats, who promote an anti-migrant agenda, have been recently polling at a record 20 percent and are among the favorites in the September 9th election. The country has received 400,000 asylum requests since 2012, with migrants contributing to the rise in crime and social tension.

The authorities in Denmark have taken a tough stance on migrants, admitting that integration policies have failed in the country. They announced plans to teach Danish values to children in ghettos and introduced a ban on burqa female full body veils, with huge fines for repeat offenders.
    https://redice.tv/news/almost-half-o...n-nordic-union

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Blod og Jord For This Useful Post:

Funding Member
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    1 Hour Ago @ 01:59 AM
    Ethnicity
    Scandinavian
    Ancestry
    East Norwegian + distant Finnish
    Subrace
    Nordid + reduced CM
    Y-DNA
    I1a1 (L813)
    Country
    Norway Norway
    Occupation
    Traditional Craftsman
    Politics
    Family, Nation & Nature
    Religion
    Heathen Worldview
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    563 Posts
    In normal circumstances, I believe a Nordic Union would have been quite successful. We already share an open border towards each other, speak more or less the same language (except Icelanders and Finns, of course), and share some social security programs with Scandinavians living abroad in one of our countries.

However, if such a thing were to be implemented today, I believe the union would just serve as a means of enabling a bankrupt Sweden to keep going on an endless rampage of self-destructive immigration policies. The way things are today, I don't think they'll ever stop importing and bending over backwards for third worlders until schools, hospitals, police departments and other elementary institutions actually aren't operating any longer.
    A nation is an organic thing, historically defined.
    A wave of passionate energy which unites past, present and future generations

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to oreiar For This Useful Post:

Last Online
    Sunday, November 18th, 2018 @ 10:27 AM
    Ethnicity
    English
    Ancestry
    8/16 English, 1/16 Scott. English, 3/16 Irish English, 4/16 Irish
    Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Nationalist / Eclectic
    Religion
    Agnostic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    240 Posts
    So 52% of Norwegians would rather stay as they are. Anything to do with their oil? I am just wondering why the Norwegians are less enthusiastic about a Nordic Union than the Danes and Swedes.

Last Online
    Tuesday, February 12th, 2019 @ 03:10 PM
    Ethnicity
    German
    Ancestry
    Germany/Sachsen/Sudetenland
    Subrace
    Nordid
    Country
    United States United States
    State
    Arizona Arizona
    Leo
    Family
    Married parent
    Politics
    Libertarian Nationalist
    Religion
    Godless Heathen
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    I don't understand why more Nordic people don't want to preserve their culture and race. Multiculturalism destroys diversity, and cultures.

Funding Member
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    1 Hour Ago @ 01:59 AM
    Ethnicity
    Scandinavian
    Ancestry
    East Norwegian + distant Finnish
    Subrace
    Nordid + reduced CM
    Y-DNA
    I1a1 (L813)
    Country
    Norway Norway
    Occupation
    Traditional Craftsman
    Politics
    Family, Nation & Nature
    Religion
    Heathen Worldview
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    563 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Aelfgar View Post
    So 52% of Norwegians would rather stay as they are. Anything to do with their oil? I am just wondering why the Norwegians are less enthusiastic about a Nordic Union than the Danes and Swedes.
    The oil is probably a significant factor, as well as the condition of Sweden, but also the fact that Norway has been ruled from both Copenhagen and Stockholm in the past. About four centuries under the Danes, and almost one century under the Swedes. The current sovereign Norwegian state has only lasted since 1905 (with a 5 year break in between), which is probably the biggest reason why there is a strong sentiment towards staying an independent country.

You kind of see the same phenomenon in Skne and Jmtland in Sweden, regions which used to be part of Denmark and Norway, respectively, up until the middle of the 17th century. A lot of people there identify a lot stronger with their regional identity than with their nation, and would rather prefer to be independent again, or rejoin their former nation state. Most Swedes and Danes, however, don't have an inherited memory of their homeland being torn from their country and placed under the rule of a different one, and their identity and language attempted to be assimilated to that of their new nation state. Norwegians know this very well, from the period our language went through intensive Danification.

Basically, Denmark and Sweden remember the different Scandinavian unions as being the king of the hill, while Norway remembers them as being the little brother who always got picked on.

It's the same thing between Iceland and Norway. A majority of Norwegians would like to see Iceland and Norway rejoined into a single state, as it was 750 years ago. Even when Iceland went bankrupt, Norwegians wanted to invite Iceland to become a Norwegian county, and pay off their debt. The Icelanders have always remained steadfast in preserving their independence, though. They've only been a sovereign country since the end of WW2, and remember well being the little brother of both Denmark and Norway, so they are unlikely to give it up any time soon.
    A nation is an organic thing, historically defined.
    A wave of passionate energy which unites past, present and future generations

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to oreiar For This Useful Post:

Last Online
    Tuesday, August 13th, 2019 @ 04:51 PM
    Ethnicity
    In Order- Celtic/Nordic-Germanic
    Ancestry
    Paternal-Irish/Icelandic Maternal- Welsh/German
    Country
    Taurus
    Family
    In a steady relationship
    Occupation
    Youth in Crisis
    Religion
    Order of Water&Woodland Fairies
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts
    I enter into this conversation stating straight away, I am no expert. I read the headline for the topic and thought to myself it would be a great move. Upon reading further from more informed actual citisens, I thought of one thing straight away which would turn me off and need to definitely have negotiations...Sweden seems to do whatever they are told when it comes to bringing comfort and easy living to third worlders and I would not want that burden to enter into a Nordic Union until such subjects are clear.
    Of course there would be much meeting, as you do not just fling these things together, especially with EU ruling everyone; but Sweden....I do not understand their stance on such urgent matters.

Did any of this make sense?

Last Online
    8 Minutes Ago @ 03:00 AM
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-American
    Country
    State
    New York New York
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    430 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
    I don't understand why more Nordic people don't want to preserve their culture and race. Multiculturalism destroys diversity, and cultures.
    The problem is you have to deal with the conditioning. If you've ever seen that video on "demoralization" thats the problem.
    Facts don't matter only emotional stimulus and social signalling matter. Something nordic types seem especially vulnerable too.

Funding Member
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Finnish Swede
    Ancestry
    Father: Swedish, Mother Finnish Swede
    Subrace
    Sub-Nordid - Nordid - Baltid mix
    Country
    Other Other
    State
    Finland Swede Community Finland Swede Community
    Zodiac Sign
    Pisces
    Occupation
    Student
    Politics
    No specific ideology
    Religion
    Lutheran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,316 Posts

I am all in to Kalmar Union II with or without Norway (if they don't want to join)...as long as Finland is apart of it .

Still like oreiar wrote .... Sweden's immigration situation is so bad right now that I wonder would Norway, Denmark or Finland really like to closer their tights on it. Sad that these countries did't do this at late 80's (before EU ... and then stayed out of it). By that time ... economy wise Finland would have been ready for that ... first time ... after WW2 (as bombed/destroyed country finally ''catched'' others).

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Finnish Swede For This Useful Post: