View Poll Results: My thoughts on pre-marital sex are...

Voters
155. You may not vote on this poll
  • I'm against it. That's for marriage only.

32 20.65%
  • It's OK once the relationship has become serious.

69 44.52%
  • After a few dates, I think it's acceptable.

17 10.97%
  • I think it's OK very early in regular dating.

9 5.81%
  • Casual sex with out committment is OK.

28 18.06%
Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8131415161718

Thread: Pre-Marital Sex

Wild Cat
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    @
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    English/German American
    Ancestry
    England and Germany
    Country
    United States United States
    State
    Indiana Indiana
    Cancer
    Family
    Married
    Occupation
    I work at home.
    Politics
    Not a Republicrat.
    Religion
    Nondenominational Christian
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    870 Posts
    I don't agree with promiscuous fornication. But pre-marital sex and marriage can be compatible.

I think if a single man, and a single woman past the lawful age of consent decide to know one another in the biblical sense, than they are already recognized as a married couple by the Good Lord; regardless of how society views the new relationship, or even the intentions the new couple harbor toward each other. And as long as the couple remain true to each other until death separates them, their union is blessed.

The only valid reasons for a piece of paper signed by the county clerk, as well as wedding rings, and ceremonies is to alert other men and women to the existence of a marriage, and to provide formal recognition for the progeny produced by the couple should they decide to procreate.

Hypothetically, what if a man and woman stranded together for a lengthy period of time wanted to express their desire for each other. Why would/should their actions be considered wrong just because there are no other people around to 'sanctify' their union?
    Aside from an ever increasing number of mortals who have willfully chosen to worship Satan and his minions, our battle has always been against the powers and principalities operating surreptitiously throughout this twisted world.

Proffessional Hickerbilly
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    @
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    American of German decent
    Ancestry
    Bavaria/Switzerland
    Country
    Other Other
    State
    Kentucky Kentucky
    Zodiac Sign
    Libra
    Family
    Married
    Occupation
    Kunstschmiede
    Politics
    Self-Reliance
    Religion
    Asatru
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    608 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Juthunge View Post
    Well, she even said:

So yes, she is also talking about sex within a steady relationship, that’s not the part anyone has a problem with. But she evidently includes one night stands and that’s what people take offense with.
    Yes, she is talking about both and those that disagree jump and single out just the part about promiscuity and care little else about the rest of the conversation.

It’s also hardly the first time we discuss these topics and it should obvious by now, that she supports one night stands and also polygamy.

I called her a liberal for using the “arguments” of them(that sleeping around becomes acceptable merely because we’re in a certain age and is currently in vogue), not for stating that pre-marital sex happened throughout the ages. Which is a lapalissade, really.
    How many times have members here state they are "right wing" also champion many of the facets of marxism under the guise of nationalism? I can think of more than just a few threads.

I should not need to remind any member here the importance of free speech in these days when everything we say or think is considered hate speech if it offends somebody or it is considered liberal if it varies from narrow boundaries of what others prescribe as "right wing".

The question is whether something is beneficial, not whether it had happened at some point in history. And sleeping around undoubtedly destroys the trust between genders and degrades us all to mere apes, without control of our most primal urges.
    Same as with any other primitive urge, like eating vastly over ones actual needs, endulging in alcohol unduly or clouding one’s mind with other drugs all the time.
    Now you are just trying to find a crack in common logic to back up these unrealistic notions of some greater good. Of course whether something happened in history is important, it is how and what we base everything on.

Sex, drugs, even drinking are age old things to think and believe otherwise is just silly and sticking your head in the sand. Really ask yourself do people really want to live in a totally bland world, to live in the dark, to live under such strict religious dogma and ignorance that they themselves revolt against those very notions?

Sorry but nothing you(and some others) replied had anything to do with what I(or Þoreiðar) said. You’re fighting windmills.
    I for one, actually agree with you(/them) in regards to couples in steady relationships.
    I have a problem with promiscuity and casual sex, not the former. As I even said in that post you partly quoted:
    No windmills here, just pointing out how prudish this board sounds at times, especially with issues dealing with sex, women, relationships and other matters of this nature and how quick a few of your to spouse these puritan thoughts. Have you ever heard the saying "you catch more flies with honey, than you do vinegar?"
    Life is like a fire hydrant- sometimes you help people put out their fires, but most of the time you just get peed on by every dog in the neighborhood.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to SpearBrave For This Useful Post:

Last Online
    2 Hours Ago @ 08:25 AM
    Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ancestry
    North Western Europe
    Country
    South Africa South Africa
    State
    Transvaal Transvaal
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    135 Posts
    Perhaps we should establish first what constitutes a marriage. And what would be pre- or extra-marital sex.

Moderator "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    Friday, August 16th, 2019 @ 06:42 PM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    German
    Ancestry
    Bavarii, Saxones, Suebi, Alamanni
    Subrace
    Borreby + Atlantonordoid
    Country
    Germany Germany
    Zodiac Sign
    Libra
    Family
    Engaged
    Politics
    Tradition & Homeland
    Religion
    Odinist
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    107 Posts
    I think it's more important that your intention is to go to distance, than to set an arbitrary particular point in time: If the relationship is serious and steady, there is no harm done - there is no minimum or maximum 'waiting time' necessary if it's a compatible partner. Hence I picked the 'OK once relationship is serious' option.

This means: If you know you're gonna grow old together, sleeping on your third date isn't going to ruin the bond. And if you're going to wait for marriage, it doesn't mean you're in for a bad surprise. Both designs have been known to work for people meant to go to distance - and both designs have been known to fail if the relationship was dysfunctional to begin with. And sure, there is some scope for 'trial and error' if you have pre-martial sex with a partner from whom you might split, but ideally your intention shouldn't be to chase every other skirt in town.

I heavily disagree with the argument though that you'd risk the case of a marriage where you'd be emotionally 100% compatible but physically 0% compatible: This very rarely happens, as generally, a couple grows together & creates trust together. You might even discover positions, practices, approaches and areas you didn't previously think that'd turn you on. Like with everything else, meeting a special person can press your 'reset button' there.

The idea of 'waiting' before sex still isn't outdated altogether though. It serves as an opportunity for couples to get to know each other and to ensure the other person in sincere about their intentions. In this day and age there's so many possible deal-breakers out there & so it wouldn't at all be bad if the concept of 'waiting before sex' makes a sponaneous renaissance because it ascribes a greater value to the intimacy. It should ideally always have that idea of sharing something special with the person you love (and TBH, having shared it with 35 other folks at first date is totally opposite to it being anything special to you).

I did have my share of one-night-stands when I was younger, but the older I get, the more I realise that this is an experience I could have gladly done without. It makes for great adventure stories in your early-to-mid 20s, especially if you haven't been in the army. But by the time you're ready to settle down, you realise that these antics aren't something to tell your kids about outside of Hollywood sitcoms.
    -In kalte Schatten versunken... /Germaniens Volk erstarrt / Gefroren von Lügen / In denen die Welt verharrt-
    -Die alte Seele trauernd und verlassen / Verblassend in einer erklärbaren Welt / Schwebend in einem Dunst der Wehmut / Ein Schrei der nur unmerklich gellt-
    -Auch ich verspüre Demut / Vor dem alten Geiste der Ahnen / Wird es mir vergönnt sein / Gen Walhalla aufzufahren?-

(Heimdalls Wacht, In kalte Schatten versunken, stanzas 4-6)

Munchkin
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    @
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    English/Irish/French
    Ancestry
    England/Ireland/France
    Country
    United States United States
    State
    Indiana Indiana
    Gemini
    Family
    Married
    Occupation
    Deli Shift Leader/Manager
    Politics
    Centrist
    Religion
    Christian
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    464 Posts
    When my husband and I met, we soon became seriously involved with each other. I moved in with him within two weeks, and then he proposed to me in front of his family. We were engaged for roughly two months, and then we exchanged vows in a Christian ceremony.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to LillyCaterina For This Useful Post:

Funding Member
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Volga German
    Ancestry
    German communities in Russia
    Country
    Germany Germany
    State
    Russia German Community Russia German Community
    Traditionalist
    Religion
    Christian
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    42 Posts
    'You are forever bound to the first person you have sex with. That should be your husband': Christian YouTuber reveals why she is waiting for marriage - as she shares tips for how to resist the temptation to be intimate

Courtney Raine, a 21-year-old student and blogger from Pennsylvania has revealed why she wants to stay 'pure' and remain a virgin until marriage
    In her video, she suggests God wrote in the bible that people should abstain from sex before marriage to prevent emotional and physical hurt
    She also believes when people have sex, a 'chemical bond' is released, connecting them forever
    To avoid temptation, she advises unmarried couples to not see each other in bathing suits and never sleep in the same bed
    However, she also told her viewers that she doesn't judge anyone who has decided to have sex before marriage

A fashion and beauty blogger has revealed why she's remaining a virgin until marriage, and offered tips to those hoping to do the same.

Taking to her YouTube channel, Courtney Raine, a 21-year-old student from Pennsylvania, revealed that while she usually films fashion and beauty tutorials, as a devout Christian she wanted to turn her attention to sex before marriage for her latest video.

'You guys know that I am very religious; if you watched my testimony video, this is something that is a big part of my life and I feel like God put it on my heart to talk about.'

Althoguh she said she 'encourages discussion' she prefaced the video by saying she wouldn't tolerate 'mean' comments and also added that if anyone watching has had sex before marriage, she doesn't judge them.

However, she added that she was making the video for 'the girl out there' who 'wants to wait until marriage but in this day and age with pop culture and with television and music out there, and everuthng she's seeing on social media, she just doesn't think that it's possible'.

'I also want to talk to the girl out there that's in high school and she's getting bullied and for some reason she thinks, 'you know what, if I decided to do this, this is going to make me popular',' she added.

'I decided at a very young age that I wanted to stay pure, uit's just something that I voiwed to myself. I grew up in a very Catholic family, so if you know anything about the Catholic culture it's pretty common for people to wait until marriage just bevcause in the bible it talks aboitu keeping yourself pure for your husband or wife.'

Although Courntey wears purity rings, she also shared that nobody from her family has pressured her into wearing them.

Wiith her first boyfriend, she said sex was never issue because they were so young, however, with her second boyfriend they ended up breaking up because he wanted to have sex and didn't want to live a Christian lifestyle.

And with her third and most recent boyfriend, Courtney said it was a horrible relationship and she was under the impression that her then boyfriend knew her position on sex before marriage.

She also thought he was waiting for marriage however, that was not the case and he was not a virgin despite telling her he was for over a year.

'If you find someone that is on the same track as you, and has the same intentions it will make everything so much easier.'

Courtney then delved into the 'benefits' she believes waiting until marriage affords couples.

'You know that the person you're with is in it for you. They love you and everything about you and it's not just the physical part of it. Also not only that, you'll never have to worry about getting pregnanty and you'll never have to worry about getting any diseases'.

And she also believes that God added this to the bible to protect people emotionally and physically from getting hurt, despite admitting that she's not 'a professional analyst of the bible'.

She also suggested that when two people have sex, a 'chemical bond' is released, and that is only something she wants to have with her future husband.

Courtney also shared that lots of people are very 'attached' to the first person they have sex with because of this chemical bond, and added that she believes the chemical bong keeps people bound to each other for life.

Moving onto temptations, she added that people who are waiting for marriage should avoid letting their boyfriend see them in a swimsuit and couples should not sleep in the same bed.

She also shared that not talking about sex was a good way to avoid having a conversation. However she did admit that this can be hard as people talk about sex a lot.

She concluded the video by telling her viewers that if they wanted to ask her any questions, she would do her best to help them out.
    Think about it. Would society benefit from more people like her, or more broken women, who give away their virginity to just anyone, and have sex as if it were a sport? Casual sex promotes the idea "why buy the cow, when you can get the milk for free". This is exactly how men who are against marriage motivate their choice for casual sex. Casual sex destroys society, in that it destroys healthy family values.

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Wolgadeutscher For This Useful Post:

Last Online
    18 Minutes Ago @ 10:30 AM
    Status
    Prolonged Absence
    Ethnicity
    German
    Ancestry
    Jutland
    Subrace
    Nordid
    Country
    Germany Germany
    State
    Schleswig-Holstein Schleswig-Holstein
    Zodiac Sign
    Taurus
    Family
    Widowed
    Politics
    cons. old fashion worker class
    Religion
    Philosophical Archaic Christian
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    219 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolgadeutscher View Post
    'You are forever bound to the first person you have sex with. That should be your husband': Christian YouTuber reveals why she is waiting for marriage - as she shares tips for how to resist the temptation to be intimate

Think about it. Would society benefit from more people like her, or more broken women, who give away their virginity to just anyone, and have sex as if it were a sport? Casual sex promotes the idea "why buy the cow, when you can get the milk for free". This is exactly how men who are against marriage motivate their choice for casual sex. Casual sex destroys society, in that it destroys healthy family values.
    Times have become different .
    People in larger cities meet more unknown people, than people on the countryside.

Young people are more and more enforced to study in larger cities,
    to gain a prospering future.

Overwhelmingly it is the Molech City that causes these shifts in society;
    Additionally to the modern pregnancy prevention methods and the
    advertising in the media about all the possibilities that money could buy.

It is again a duality of Goliath City against David Countryside;
    This polarity has changed with industrialization in the 19th century,
    because the countryside had been the Goliath before the industrialisation era.
    Mk 10:18 What do you call me a good master, no-one is good .

Last Online
    7 Hours Ago @ 03:12 AM
    Ethnicity
    English
    Ancestry
    English, Anglo-Saxon
    Country
    England England
    Aries
    Family
    Married
    Occupation
    Self Employed
    Politics
    Free Speech / Anti-EU
    Religion
    Pagan
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,377 Posts
    Wow! 30 members think sex is for marriage only

I wouldn't want to meet them at the Skadi Christmas party!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to SaxonPagan For This Useful Post:

Funding Member
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    German
    Country
    Other Other
    State
    Transylvania Transylvania
    Married
    Politics
    Ethnocentrism
    Religion
    Tradition
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    50 Posts
    I believe that sex should be restricted to serious, long term relationships and marriages only. If the relationship is serious and ends in marriage, in the end it's not the biggest sin if the first sexual contact was made before the actual marriage took place. However, as a rule I believe in teaching that sex should be between a husband and a wife. That is what I would teach my children: if you love someone, you are willing to wait, and if you love them enough, you will marry them. If they are not marriage material, they are also not to be used for sexual gratification purposes. As a Christian, I believe that sex is more than just a physical need, it also has spiritual and psychological implications. When two people engage in sexual relations, they unite and become "one flesh". For this reason, the person we unite ourselves with is not irrelevant. Our body is like a temple, uniting with a prostitute for example would be disrespecting it. Also, I believe that sex should only be practiced with one person at the time. The normalization of casual sex and adultery has been one of the reasons behind the decline of the traditional family. Another essential problem is separating sex from reproduction. Although nowadays' society is filled with sexual innuendos, our birth rates are lower than ever. Sex is regarded no longer as something sacred and intimate between a loving couple, but as a self-gratification, exhibitionist form of egotism. Frankly, the way the modern world has dealt with this issue disgusts me. We need a return to traditional values like monogamy.

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Bleyer For This Useful Post:

Last Online
    1 Week Ago @ 01:28 AM
    Ethnicity
    Norwegian American
    Ancestry
    Norwegian, German
    Country
    Vinland Vinland
    State
    Minnesota Minnesota
    Family
    Youth
    Occupation
    Student
    Politics
    Pan-Germanic
    Religion
    Heathen
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts
    I guess I have a kind of unique view because I'm Heathen but when it comes to sex my view is more in line with old fashion. While I'm not as strict as Christians and don't condemn all premarital sex, I also believe that sex should be for serious relationships. To me, it's a very intimate experience which shouldn't be shared with just anyone... I really admire those who decide to wait until marriage. In a world which is hypersexualized, that is true nonconformism.

16. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Wyrd For This Useful Post:

Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8131415161718