Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Are Germans Generally Rude and Uncommunicative Compared to Other Nations?

Last Online
    2 Hours Ago @ 07:56 PM
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-American
    Ancestry
    Anglo-Celtic
    Country
    Confederate States Confederate States
    Family
    Married
    Politics
    Nativism/Nationalism
    Religion
    Summum bonum
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    65 Posts
    I don't know if I'd call it rude but simply less open, quiet, and maybe less responsive from my perspective. I haven't been to Germany or Austria in quite a while but I was definitely in the "Americans behaving badly" camp in several situations and it was a very large culture shock. I had more productive exchanges with visiting Latin Americans and Italians, though you have to factor in my (and probably their) knowledge of German verging on pathetic at the time

I don't know how much of the gap has to do with innate characteristics vs different historical dynamics. Maybe colonials have to take more care with openness and the possibility of offense because of very heterogeneous contexts, we can't rely on shared cultural (racial/ethnic/class) thinking and response? There is a certain fakeness though seeping into the character of large American cities that even I notice, e.g. salespeople asking you how you are and then walking away before you even answer. That's not a normal state of affairs, people generally give a **** about your answer.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Coillearnach For This Useful Post:

Funding Member
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Finnish Swede
    Ancestry
    Father: Swedish, Mother Finnish Swede
    Subrace
    Sub-Nordid - Nordid - Baltid mix
    Country
    Other Other
    State
    Finland Swede Community Finland Swede Community
    Zodiac Sign
    Pisces
    Occupation
    Student
    Politics
    No specific ideology
    Religion
    Lutheran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,260 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rodskarl Dubhgall View Post
    How many Americans do you know? You must be turned off by Italians, who, unfortunately, have taken over NYC from my Dutch relatives. Mafia types aren't thought highly of by Germanic folks like Eliot Ness, one of my heroes.
    I admit....not many, but if average Americans keeps Germans someway "rude"...then that info is enough for me.

Italians? Spaniards & Greeks mainly (based by holidays), but Italians? Sure.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Finnish Swede For This Useful Post:

Account Inactive
    Last Online
    Wednesday, July 11th, 2018 @ 05:09 AM
    Ethnicity
    Ethnicity
    Ancestry
    Ancestry
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    106 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Finnish Swede View Post
    I admit....not many, but if average Americans keeps Germans someway "rude"...then that info is enough for me.

Italians? Spaniards & Greeks mainly (based by holidays), but Italians? Sure.
    If you think that way about Germans aping the French, then you have no grounds for resentment over their presumptuous attitude you've complained about before. Americans are really just a red herring excuse for a superiority complex going back long before 1776. You know how little esteem Finns are held, yet you want to join with them? Misguided.

Funding Member
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Finnish Swede
    Ancestry
    Subrace
    Country
    Other Other
    State
    Zodiac Sign
    Pisces
    Occupation
    Student
    Politics
    No specific ideology
    Religion
    Lutheran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,260 Posts
    If you think that way about Germans aping the French, then you have no grounds for resentment over their presumptuous attitude you've complained about before. Americans are really just a red herring excuse for a superiority complex going back long before 1776. You know how little esteem Finns are held, yet you want to join with them? Misguided.
    Complained before? Whom?

I meant .... that knowledge (about Americans) ....among several others ... is someway enough for me to value Americans here (what comes to this particular issue/thread/topic). But of course that is just my opinion.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Finnish Swede For This Useful Post:

Account Inactive
    Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Ethnicity
    Ancestry
    Ancestry
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    106 Posts
    Complained before? Whom?

I meant .... that knowledge (about Americans) is someway enough for me to value them.
    You've expressed reservations about Central European exclusivist attitudes in which Finns were not highly thought of. How soon you forget your own bias. Of course, whilst engaging in the anti-American bandwagon, you've forgotten about my fights for Finnish inclusion in the Germanic cultural sphere. I fought to keep you as a member here and who am I, but just some asshole Yank? Ungrateful.

Funding Member
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Finnish Swede
    Ancestry
    Subrace
    Country
    Other Other
    State
    Zodiac Sign
    Pisces
    Occupation
    Student
    Politics
    No specific ideology
    Religion
    Lutheran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,260 Posts
    You've expressed reservations about Central European exclusivist attitudes in which Finns were not highly thought of. How soon you forget your own bias. Of course, whilst engaging in the anti-American bandwagon, you've forgotten about my fights for Finnish inclusion in the Germanic cultural sphere. I fought to keep you as a member here and who am I, but just some asshole Yank? Ungrateful.
    LOL. Very sensitive are we?

Ok. Ask yourself do you keep Germans cold & rude people? If you do ... then maybe so. If you don't ... then maybe not!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Finnish Swede For This Useful Post:

Account Inactive
    Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Ethnicity
    Ancestry
    Ancestry
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    106 Posts
    LOL. Very sensitive are we?

Ok. Ask yourself do you keep Germans cold & rude people? If you do ... then maybe so. If you don't ... then maybe not!
    I've only found Germans to be arrogant hypocrites having too much in common with the aforementioned Southern Europeans you mentioned, which is why they will never renounce the EU. They prefer the company of Mediterraneans and look down on free Germanic folks in Britain and America, holding Nazi views more in common with Fascists and Communists, like the French and Soviets, or perhaps the vaunted Mohammaden Aryans, than any Nordic lands they're ostensibly supposed to be ethnically related to--but don't mind invading, occupying and subjugating "for their own good".

I'm cold and rude, or bloody-minded, according to my Yorkshire heritage, but some prefer my honesty:

https://forums.skadi.net/threads/170...an-Southerners

Funding Member
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Finnish Swede
    Ancestry
    Subrace
    Country
    Other Other
    State
    Zodiac Sign
    Pisces
    Occupation
    Student
    Politics
    No specific ideology
    Religion
    Lutheran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,260 Posts
    I've only found Germans to be arrogant hypocrites having too much in common with the aforementioned Southern Europeans you mentioned, which is why they will never renounce the EU. They prefer the company of Mediterraneans and look down on free Germanic folks in Britain and America, holding Nazi views more in common with Fascists and Communists, like the French and Soviets, or perhaps the vaunted Mohammaden Aryans, than any Nordic lands they're ostensibly supposed to be ethnically related to--but don't mind invading, occupying and subjugating "for their own good".

I'm cold and rude, or bloody-minded, according to my Yorkshire heritage, but some prefer my honesty:

https://forums.skadi.net/threads/170...an-Southerners
    For sure Germans are bit different than Scandinavians .... one part of that probable comes from fact that German's society is still more hierarchic (as are their companies, working cultures etc. vs Scandinavians). Still for me Germans are far from those Southern Europeans gigolos or machos ... from men who whistles etc.

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Finnish Swede For This Useful Post:

Account Inactive
    Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Ethnicity
    Ancestry
    Ancestry
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    106 Posts
    For sure Germans are bit different than Scandinavians .... one part of that probable comes from fact that German's society is still more hierarchic (as are their companies, working cultures etc. vs Scandinavians). Still for me Germans are far from those Southern Europeans gigolos or machos ... from men who whistles etc.
    What of Catholic Bavarians, Austrians and Swiss who stress relationships and cultural background with Italy and France whilst looking down on us as Protestant barbarian peasants or "shopkeepers" (Hanseatic League was nothing but shopkeepers!), yet it's people from those countries who come on places like Skadi and claim that they're the most loyal to Germanic Nordic heritage? These are the people who live neck and neck with Yiddish Ashkenazi Jews in the Alps, but whine about them escaping the ghetto for London or elsewhere and claim a Zionist conspiracy in which Britain and America are Occupied Government? Big Untermensch like Spengler, Lang, Freud, Marx, Einstein, Rothschild, Wittgenstein were all German or Austrians. Disraeli was Italian. You know...Rome-Berlin Axis? They exported their Jewish undesirables to Anglosphere society and then blamed us for it. Do the Germans want to have the Jews back in Germany, or expelled to Palestine? Impossible to please!

Funding Member
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Finnish Swede
    Ancestry
    Subrace
    Country
    Other Other
    State
    Zodiac Sign
    Pisces
    Occupation
    Student
    Politics
    No specific ideology
    Religion
    Lutheran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,260 Posts
    What of Catholic Bavarians, Austrians and Swiss who stress relationships and cultural background with Italy and France whilst looking down on us as Protestant barbarian peasants or "shopkeepers" (Hanseatic League was nothing but shopkeepers!), yet it's people from those countries who come on places like Skadi and claim that they're the most loyal to Germanic Nordic heritage? These are the people who live neck and neck with Yiddish Ashkenazi Jews in the Alps, but whine about them escaping the ghetto for London or elsewhere and claim a Zionist conspiracy in which Britain and America are Occupied Government? Big Untermensch like Spengler, Lang, Freud, Marx, Einstein, Rothschild, Wittgenstein were all German or Austrians. Disraeli was Italian. You know...Rome-Berlin Axis? They exported their Jewish undesirables to Anglosphere society and then blamed us for it. Do the Germans want to have the Jews back in Germany, or expelled to Palestine? Impossible to please!
    If any (incl. Germanic or German) Catholic will looks me down (as a Lutheran) ... I will not care about his/hers opinions. Honestly .... I don't value Catholics very high.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Finnish Swede For This Useful Post:

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast