Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Reorganizing North America by former sections of Colonies

  1. #1
    Account Inactive
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Last Online
    Wednesday, July 11th, 2018 @ 05:09 AM
    Ethnicity
    Ethnicity
    Ancestry
    Ancestry
    Gender
    Age
    36
    Posts
    2,129
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    1,488
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    127
    Thanked in
    105 Posts

    Post Reorganizing North America by former sections of Colonies

    We can reorganise North America according the east coast by former sections of colonies.



    British Canada(British North America, come again?)



    Breton America(Little Britain?)



    Irish Mexico(Catholic Republic?)



    Galician Central America(Enya's Caribbean Blue and sea foam?)

    I must absolutely emphasize Celtic attributes to this which will allow them the expanse and space they've always been denied by the geography of Europe. From the Ages of Discovery and Empires, we have a legacy to exploit. This will give a full sense of peace between the Celtic area of Europe and German Protestant/Roman Catholic areas of Europe will dominate without rebellion of a Celtic nature. So I say, go ahead Celts, you no longer need a Western Celtic Fringe. Now you have North America as the ultimate colonial franchise to rebuild the Celtic cultures in whatever full sense you deem, as it will be your prerogative. Scottish, Manx, Welsh and Cornish all spoken in different provinces of Canada. Breton spoken in America. Irish spoken in Mexico. Galician spoken in the Caribbean. We could end up renaming Ottawa as New Cardiff?, Washington D.C. as New Nantes, Mexico City as New Dublin and New La Coruña for some place on the Central American mainland.

  2. #2
    Account Inactive
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Last Online
    Wednesday, July 11th, 2018 @ 05:09 AM
    Ethnicity
    Ethnicity
    Ancestry
    Ancestry
    Gender
    Age
    36
    Posts
    2,129
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    1,488
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    127
    Thanked in
    105 Posts

    Post Re: Celtic Colonial Foundations

    Quote Originally Posted by Jacobite
    We can reorganise North America according the east coast by former sections of colonies.



    British Canada(British North America, come again?)



    Breton America(Little Britain?)



    Irish Mexico(Catholic Republic?)



    Galician Central America(Enya's Caribbean Blue and sea foam?)

    I must absolutely emphasize Celtic attributes to this which will allow them the expanse and space they've always been denied by the geography of Europe. From the Ages of Discovery and Empires, we have a legacy to exploit. This will give a full sense of peace between the Celtic area of Europe and German Protestant/Roman Catholic areas of Europe will dominate without rebellion of a Celtic nature. So I say, go ahead Celts, you no longer need a Western Celtic Fringe. Now you have North America as the ultimate colonial franchise to rebuild the Celtic cultures in whatever full sense you deem, as it will be your prerogative. Scottish, Manx, Welsh and Cornish all spoken in different provinces of Canada. Breton spoken in America. Irish spoken in Mexico. Galician spoken in the Caribbean. We could end up renaming Ottawa as New Cardiff?, Washington D.C. as New Nantes, Mexico City as New Dublin and New La Coruña for some place on the Central American mainland.
    I had the images of the corresponding flags here, but they seem to have vanished...

  3. #3
    Senior Member Vestmannr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Last Online
    Thursday, June 16th, 2011 @ 10:39 PM
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-American
    Subrace
    Nordid
    Country
    United States United States
    State
    Oklahoma Oklahoma
    Gender
    Age
    47
    Posts
    727
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    8
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

    Post Re: Celtic Colonial Foundations

    LOL. The Gaelic component of the South is massive. Scottish Gaelic is still spoken in the Cape Fear valley of NC. Irish Gaelic used to be so common in the lower 2/3rds of Mississippi and northern Louisiana that the postmasters had to speak it there (which only changed during Reconstruction.) The popular view of the South is that it *is* the Celtic South already, which is why the Southern Cross is comprised of the St. Andrew's and St. Patrick's crosses, for the patron saints of the two Gaelic nations. Just think: Grandfather Mountain, NC is *the* cultural-spiritual 'omphalos' of the South now. One would look hard to find more of 'European Cultural, Racial, and Spiritual Preservation' in America and especially the South than can be found in the various Highland Games and Societies.

    Anglo-Scandinavian North, Anglo-Celtic South - the common thread is the language.
    --------------------------------------------------------
    There is nothing the matter with Americans except their ideals. The real American is all right; it is the ideal American who is all wrong. ~G.K. Chesterton

  4. #4
    Account Inactive
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Last Online
    Wednesday, July 11th, 2018 @ 05:09 AM
    Ethnicity
    Ethnicity
    Ancestry
    Ancestry
    Gender
    Age
    36
    Posts
    2,129
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    1,488
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    127
    Thanked in
    105 Posts

    Post Re: Celtic Colonial Foundations

    Quote Originally Posted by Frontiersman
    LOL. The Gaelic component of the South is massive. Scottish Gaelic is still spoken in the Cape Fear valley of NC. Irish Gaelic used to be so common in the lower 2/3rds of Mississippi and northern Louisiana that the postmasters had to speak it there (which only changed during Reconstruction.) The popular view of the South is that it *is* the Celtic South already, which is why the Southern Cross is comprised of the St. Andrew's and St. Patrick's crosses, for the patron saints of the two Gaelic nations. Just think: Grandfather Mountain, NC is *the* cultural-spiritual 'omphalos' of the South now. One would look hard to find more of 'European Cultural, Racial, and Spiritual Preservation' in America and especially the South than can be found in the various Highland Games and Societies.

    Anglo-Scandinavian North, Anglo-Celtic South - the common thread is the language.
    Well, that's good! I suppose the heat and climate has something to do about the arrangement, yet there are several Irish families in New England and the Great Lakes areas.

  5. #5
    Senior Member Vestmannr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Last Online
    Thursday, June 16th, 2011 @ 10:39 PM
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-American
    Subrace
    Nordid
    Country
    United States United States
    State
    Oklahoma Oklahoma
    Gender
    Age
    47
    Posts
    727
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    8
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

    Post Re: Celtic Colonial Foundations

    Quote Originally Posted by Jacobite
    Well, that's good! I suppose the heat and climate has something to do about the arrangement, yet there are several Irish families in New England and the Great Lakes areas.
    Sure, they were bamboozled by Tammany Hall. They should have joined their kin in the Southland, then we wouldn't have had to mow them down at Marye's Heights as traitors.
    --------------------------------------------------------
    There is nothing the matter with Americans except their ideals. The real American is all right; it is the ideal American who is all wrong. ~G.K. Chesterton

  6. #6
    Account Inactive
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Last Online
    Wednesday, July 11th, 2018 @ 05:09 AM
    Ethnicity
    Ethnicity
    Ancestry
    Ancestry
    Gender
    Age
    36
    Posts
    2,129
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    1,488
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    127
    Thanked in
    105 Posts

    Post Re: Celtic Colonial Foundations

    The Irish seem to love the Ohio Valley.

Similar Threads

  1. French America vs British North America
    By Rodskarl Dubhgall in forum The United States
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: Sunday, May 27th, 2018, 09:11 PM
  2. The Nine Nations of North America
    By Wayfarer in forum The Germanic New World
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: Friday, October 30th, 2009, 07:06 PM
  3. Replies: 23
    Last Post: Saturday, October 27th, 2007, 09:05 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •