Thread: Third Reich Architecture

Chris

Post Third Reich Architecture

Post your favourite Third Reich buildings, here, whether real or planned.

First is a building which I am familiar with, the Haus der Deutschen Kunst, in Munich, designed by Troost, still in existence as the Haus der Kunst and now showing degenerate art.

Tempelhof Airport, which is really a superb efficiently designed airport in Berlin, although unfortunatly little used nowadays. Designed in an austere classical manner by Ernst Sagebiel and built in 1937. It is one apparently one of the largest office blocks in the world after the Pentagon. Famously used in the Berlin airlifts.

This is a description of the way it works:
    You arrive at the front, you traverse the departures hall, and you walk out the back onto your plane, which is drawn up under that huge canopy. Nothing could be simpler or more direct. No travelators, no piers, no being extruded along tubes, no miles to walk. The bulk of the complex's office space forms the colossally grand approach. The hangars curve a very long way round on either side, embracing the oval airfield. But the main activity - arrival, process, departure - is kept within that tight, perfect central diagram.

There are apparently some mysteries about this building. Sagebiel had supposedly planned a raised stand for 65,000 spectators on the roof, and built staircases for it before the war stopped work, but it is unclear what the spectators were to spectate.

Last Online
    Thursday, March 30th, 2017 @ 05:01 PM
    Ethnicity
    German
    Ancestry
    German and English
    Subrace
    Nordid
    mtDNA
    H
    Country
    Prussia Prussia
    State
    Teutonic Order Teutonic Order
    Aquarius
    Family
    Single adult
    Occupation
    Student
    Politics
    Ethnocentrism
    Religion
    Asatru
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

I personally really loved the Cathedral of Light, which I have posted some pictures of in the Graphics forum.

Last Online
    Thursday, January 18th, 2007 @ 06:36 PM
    Subrace
    Other
    Politics
    Living in the real world
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Well, they are destroying more and more of this architecture.

In Berchtesgaden they just tore down the Hotel "Platterhof" which was built during the Reich.
    It was only preserved so long, since it was untill recently property of the US-Army, which used it as recreation aerea and Golf-course.

As soon as our filth local Goverment got its hands on in, the begann tearing it down, becasue some Kikes raised a fuss about it. All you nee to do and sa is: "This has become a shrine for Neo-Nazis" and the bulldozers are sent.

My Friend documented the destruction. Beutifull Founrains and Reliefs, Statues of marble and Sandstone were destroyed. It can make one cry.
    Now they plan to build a Glass-Palace of "modern style" there.
    New York in the Baverian Mountains - great!

Chris

The Zeppelintribüne in it's heyday was such an awesome sight. Not so impressive now, unfortunately, especially with the removal of the columns in the '60s.

You might be interested in this site, in case you aren't already: http://www.reichinruins.simonides.org/

Damn! Berchtesgaden and especially Obersalzberg is really being destroyed by those f*cking bastards. From the above site:

However, the U.S. Army had appropriated several of the less damaged and intact buildings for use as soldier recreation facilities, and these were maintained until 1995 by the Armed Forces Recreation Center. The key building was the remodeled Platterhof, renamed the General Walker Hotel. The Gutshof (experimental farm) was turned into a sports lodge and golf course. The building ruins that had not been destroyed were left substantially as they remained after the 1951-52 destruction, and guided tours were available to these and the military bunker complex closest to the hotel.

Since the return to German control in 1995, the fate of the remaining Obersalzberg buildings and ruins has been problematic. The garage to Hitler’s Berghof, which escaped the 1952 destruction, was removed shortly after the turnover (or at least broken up, and the remains buried); however, parts of the Berghof still remain (as shown below). As this web page is being put up, the Walker/Platterhof Hotel is being razed (January 2001 note - the razing of the Platterhof was completed ca. December 2000 - only a side building remains). However, in late 1999 the Bavarian government opened a Documentation Center in the rebuilt Gästehaus Hoher Göll, with displays on the Obersalzberg under the Third Reich and the murderous aspects of Nazi history. Entrance to the Documentation Center includes entrance to the military bunker complex. Bus tours to the Kehlsteinhaus (several daily from May-October) are full during nice weather, and another popular stop is the Hotel Zum Türken, where a different part of the bunker complex can be toured. History minded tourists will continue to visit the Obersalzberg because of what happened there from 1933-1945.

Obersalzberg Information Update, as of June 2002 - If you ever plan to visit the Obersalzberg sites, I'd advise you to do it soon. As stated above, the Platterhof is now gone, except for the side building and terraces. The site is to be leveled off and turned into a parking lot. The Bavarian government is in the process of tearing out all remaining ruins of the SS-Kaserne, Kindergarten, and Modellhaus/Film Archiv. The Hintereck cafe/kiosk will be removed, and the Kehlstein (Eagle's Nest) bus ticket building moved to the site of the Platterhof garage. A modern hotel is to be built on the former Göringhügel hill, overlooking the site of Landhaus Göring (the location was staked out in 2001, and excavation began in 2002 - construction of this hotel may entail removal of the greenhouse ruins and observation tower, as well as radically changing the local landscape and views). It is expected that the Berghof site will be covered and replanted, and even the Gutshof and Koksbunker may be removed. A few years from now, little may remain except the Hotel Zum Türken and ruined piles of rubble out in the woods.

July 2002 Update -- The Obersalzberg is now changing rapidly ... the removal of the SS-Kaserne ruins, which went somewhat slowly for over a year, is now almost complete. Within the past month, most of the former Eckerbichl / Hitler-Höhe / Göringhügel hill has been removed. This was the high hill beside the Hintereck parking area, overlooking the Obersalzberg ... where the 3rd U.S. Infantry Division raised the Stars and Stripes on 5 May 1945 ... it is now gone, soon (apparently) to be replaced by a huge glass and steel "luxury hotel."

I hate this bloody destroying of culture and architecture so fucking much its not funny, it really is one of the issues that makes me feel like I'm going to have an embolism. They won't even tear down that giant Red monstrosity in Berlin and here they are blowing up the last remnants of Germany's greatness.

It would have been better if the Yanks kept it
    Last edited by Chris; Wednesday, July 17th, 2002 at 01:09 PM.

Chris

How come I can't link to images so that they show up on the thread? I did it on the Cathedral of Light thread.

Here is a picture of the now gone Platterhof. Interestingly the hotel was built in the '20s, so I suppose it was demolished because of it's association with Hitler. (He stayed there and wrote part of Mein Kampf there and people coming to visit him at Obersalzberg would stay there.)

Have you got any pictures of the modern monstrosity they plan to put up there?

Does anyone actually like modern art/architecture? I have yet to find 1 person who doesn't have a barrowful of carrots up his arse who does.

Last edited by Chris; Wednesday, July 17th, 2002 at 01:20 PM.

Last Online
    Thursday, January 18th, 2007 @ 06:36 PM
    Subrace
    Other
    Politics
    Living in the real world
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

I know what you mean Chris!

I hate to say it, but it was realy better when the yanks had it. At least it was preserved.
    My comrade who documented the entire destruction also visited the SS-barracks in Nürnberg, whic once belonged to the yankees. When it was closed, a american col. went with him on s sight seeing tour inside. They actually kept some of the old symbols as decoration (SS-Marble symbols on ceiling ect.).
    as soon as the "germans" take over, they of course want to be more catholic then the pope and destroy everything they can get their hands on, just to please the foreigners and Kikes.

As for Platterhof ect. fortunateely the constuructionplans still exist. When our time comes, everything the built there, will be torn down and it will be rebuilt in old glory.
    My comrade always says, rebuilding it will be more fun, because we will let those jerks who tore it down drag stone for stone up there as slaves, so they will forever regrett what they did!

In Berlin they plan to rebuild the old Kaiser Palace but just as facade.
    The inside will be ultra modern. Fuckers! :curse they cant do anything right! I hate them so much! They should all be dumped in a pool full of hungry sharks. I hate these traitors on our culture and heritage!
    Filthy globalist bastards!

Odinic Rite

Ultra modern? you mean with Glass/metal parts... for the most part, like the gouverments house in Berlin?