Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 14 of 14

Thread: Hullo

  1. #11
    Senior Member Uwe Jens Lornsen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Last Online
    5 Days Ago @ 04:59 PM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    German
    Ancestry
    Jutland
    Country
    Germany Germany
    State
    Schleswig-Holstein Schleswig-Holstein
    Gender
    Age
    47
    Zodiac Sign
    Taurus
    Family
    Widowed
    Politics
    cons. old fashion worker class
    Religion
    Philosophical Archaic Christian
    Posts
    322
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    242
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    93
    Thanked in
    75 Posts
    What soccer football clubs are available in Scotland ? Endingburg , Glascow ?

    Why is Football more appreciated, than Rugby and Cricket ?

  2. #12
    Member Hyde's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Last Online
    Tuesday, May 29th, 2018 @ 03:46 AM
    Ethnicity
    Scottish
    Gender
    Posts
    6
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    10
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Aelfgar View Post
    I'm not a Scouser though - I don't speak with that awful accent

    Do you support Scottish independence and/or the Scottish National Party?
    Am a realist. The idea of independence is nice. But the SNP is Sturgeon is more a nuisance.



    Quote Originally Posted by Uwe Jens Lornsen View Post
    What soccer football clubs are available in Scotland ? Endingburg , Glascow ?

    Why is Football more appreciated, than Rugby and Cricket ?
    There's a few. Edinburgh, yes. Glasgow, yes. Then there are teams like the Albion Rovers from Coatbridge.

    Both rugby & cricket are more English sports. Cricket, for example, was 1st introduced during the Jacobites (1700s) era.

  3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Hyde For This Useful Post:


  4. #13
    Senior Member Uwe Jens Lornsen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Last Online
    5 Days Ago @ 04:59 PM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    German
    Ancestry
    Jutland
    Country
    Germany Germany
    State
    Schleswig-Holstein Schleswig-Holstein
    Gender
    Age
    47
    Zodiac Sign
    Taurus
    Family
    Widowed
    Politics
    cons. old fashion worker class
    Religion
    Philosophical Archaic Christian
    Posts
    322
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    242
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    93
    Thanked in
    75 Posts
    What do you think about the Braveheart movie ?

    My mother-in-law at that time invited me to cinema to watch that movie 1995 some anonymous city in Denmark.
    Afterwards I used sticks being guest in a chinese restaurant .
    She being open to foreigners like me used fork and knive.

    At that time finishing my first year as journeyman I was "honourable" not touching her daughters.
    That naive I had been.

    Today I regret that ...


    Edit:
    It had been a political Lefties household, sticking the election campaign poster
    of a normal conservative male candidate inside the lid of the toilet.

  5. #14
    Member Hyde's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Last Online
    Tuesday, May 29th, 2018 @ 03:46 AM
    Ethnicity
    Scottish
    Gender
    Posts
    6
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    10
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Uwe Jens Lornsen View Post
    What do you think about the Braveheart movie ?

    My mother-in-law at that time invited me to cinema to watch that movie 1995 some anonymous city in Denmark.
    Afterwards I used sticks being guest in a chinese restaurant .
    She being open to foreigners like me used fork and knive.

    At that time finishing my first year as journeyman I was "honourable" not touching her daughters.
    That naive I had been.

    Today I regret that ...
    The acting was passable. But the movie had a number of errors. When it came out it, didn't quite like it. But now, I look at it, the movie roused interest in Scotland. Not just in a history forgotten by some but by foreigners too.


    Quote Originally Posted by Uwe Jens Lornsen View Post
    Edit:
    It had been a political Lefties household, sticking the election campaign poster
    of a normal conservative male candidate inside the lid of the toilet.
    Must have been a bit surprising to find it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Similar Threads

  1. Hullo Folks
    By ablutive in forum Introductions & Greetings
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: Tuesday, April 3rd, 2012, 06:10 PM
  2. Why, Hullo There My Germanic Cousins!
    By The Hungry Hun in forum Introductions & Greetings
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: Saturday, May 14th, 2011, 06:11 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •