Thread: New Mind-Reading Machine Can Translate Your Thoughts And Display Them As Text Instantly

Last Online
    Thursday, August 9th, 2018 @ 02:42 PM
    Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Country
    Luxembourg Luxembourg
    Family
    Two sisters
    Occupation
    Wyrd-weaver
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    101 Posts

New Mind-Reading Machine Can Translate Your Thoughts And Display Them As Text Instantly

• Researchers say they have developed a machine that can translate our thoughts
    • The astonishing machine will analyse what you are thinking and display it as text
    • Scientists hope that the machine can be used by people who are unable to speak

Scientists have developed an astonishing mind-reading machine which can translate what you are thinking and instantly display it as text.

They claim that it has an accuracy rate of 90 per cent or more and say that it works by interpreting consonants and vowels in our brains.

The researchers believe that the machine could one day help patients who suffer from conditions that don’t allow them to speak or move.

The machine registers and analyses the combination of vowels and consonants that we use when constructing a sentence in our brains.

It interprets these sentences based on neural signals and can translate them into text in real time.

In fact, scientists claim that the machine can use words that it hasn’t even heard before.

Study leader David Moses told the Sun: 'No published work has demonstrated real-time classification of sentences from neural signals.

'Given the performance exhibited by [the machine] in this work and its capacity for expansion, we are confident in its ability to serve as a platform for the proposed speech prosthetic device.'

There are fears from critics, however, that the device will cause problems if secret thoughts are exposed accidentally.

The device was developed at the University of California and explained in the Journal of Neural Engineering.
    Source

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Verđandi For This Useful Post:

Munchkin
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    @
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    English/Irish/French
    Ancestry
    England/Ireland/France
    Country
    United States United States
    State
    Indiana Indiana
    Gemini
    Family
    Married
    Occupation
    Deli Shift Leader/Manager
    Politics
    Centrist
    Religion
    Christian
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    423 Posts
    Oh my, I don't think they would want to know what I think about this "new mind-reading machine". Sooner or later the use of such an Orwellian device will be used against us. Of course the questionable benefits of such an invasive instrument will be expounded upon to make those with little imagination accept it.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LillyCaterina For This Useful Post: