Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Nordic Mythology

With my bloodbrothers at side, All sons of father with one eye, We were all born in the land of the blood on ice.
    Last Online
    Monday, April 14th, 2008 @ 07:09 PM
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Nordicpower88: Well dont forget Nordic mythology is Scandinavian and not German, but "yes" Northern regions of Germany were evolved in this however,
    maybe its reflected in the language as well (German is a harsh/proud/patriotic language)

BTW: Edric go change the title of your tread, its a mocking of Denmark and Sweden/Iceland, to call this tread Norse mythology, its not like they had some kind of monopoly, and I do perceive the thread to be about Nordic mythology and not a special Norse branch.

And I total agree with Nordicpower88, its fucking annoying to read books online ( so superficial ) its much better under a candle light a rainy winter night!

PS, I see you had interest in Heathen front, great, I use to be a member, Ostmark is still a member!

Last Online
    Thursday, March 30th, 2017 @ 06:01 PM
    Ethnicity
    German
    Ancestry
    German and English
    Subrace
    Nordid
    mtDNA
    H
    Country
    Prussia Prussia
    State
    Teutonic Order Teutonic Order
    Aquarius
    Family
    Single adult
    Occupation
    Student
    Politics
    Ethnocentrism
    Religion
    Asatru
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Exclamation I don't much care who's it was, BUT I have to disagree.....

The Germans had essentially the same gods, it wasn't just a phenomenon in the far northern countries. Back at that time, they were one and the same people, the Germanic people. And they sometimes call it Germanic mythology or Teutonic Mythology also.

"ALREADY at the beginning of the Christian era the name Germans was applied by the Romans and Gauls to the many clans of people whose main habitation was the extensive territory east of the Rhine, and north of the forest-clad Hercynian Mountains. That these clans constituted one race was evident to the Romans, for they all had a striking similarity in type of body; moreover, a closer acquaintance revealed that their numerous dialects were all variations of the same parent language, and finally, they resembled each other in customs, traditions, and religion. The characteristic features of the physical type of the Germans were light hair, blue eyes, light complexion, and tallness of stature as compared with the Romans.

Even the saga-men, from whom the Roman historian Tacitus gathered the facts for his Germania—an invaluable work for the history of civilisation—knew that in the so-called Svevian Sea, north of the German continent, lay another important part of Germany, inhabited by Sviones, a people divided into several clans. Their kinsmen on the continent described them as rich in weapons and fleets, and in warriors on land and sea (Tac., Germ., 44). This northern sea-girt portion of Germany is called Scandinavia—Scandeia by other writers of the Roman Empire; and there can be no doubt that this name referred to the peninsula which, as far back as historical monuments can be found, has been inhabited by the ancestors of the Swedes and the Norwegians. I therefore include in the term Germans the ancestors of both the Scandinavian and Gothic and German (tyske) peoples. "

read more about it here:
    http://www.boudicca.de/teut.htm
    Last edited by GreenHeart; Saturday, July 20th, 2002 at 12:28 PM.

With my bloodbrothers at side, All sons of father with one eye, We were all born in the land of the blood on ice.
    Last Online
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

You total misunderstand me, We were the Germanic people!

but Mythology were something else, and when Mythology was on its highest, the lower Germanics were already partly enslaved by south! When Denmark fell then rest of the North fell, for this Jewish deliverance.

personally I only consider the Northern Germans to be close related to me!

PS, yes even the twelve men of Thule myth was present in north Germany so its not like you are utterly wrong!

but the mythology was fragmented & divergent in wide shattered regions

the mythology back in Tacitus time was more primitive and mainly focused on archetypical gods like AgeTor,Tyr, freja.....and the ones not much testimony about!

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    German
    Ancestry
    German and English
    Subrace
    Nordid
    mtDNA
    H
    Country
    Prussia Prussia
    State
    Aquarius
    Family
    Single adult
    Occupation
    Student
    Politics
    Ethnocentrism
    Religion
    Asatru
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

My point was, the Nordic "mythology" is at the soul of the German volk, as well as all the other Aryan volk, since that was their original religion! Does it really matter if the Vikings "took it to the highest"?

PS: Since when does religion change genetics?

Last Online
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

but other Aryans as you also point out do or should atleast comprehend fragments of the essence, of the Nordic mythology

as for your statement about original religion? I very much doubt that, you should study some history if you think Nordic mythology was the first religion or mythology or whatever you mean,

Then we both need to define Nordic mythology and we need to define the Aryan and Nordish Race type if we want to go that far as your statements take us!

------------------------------------------------------------------

NAZZ:

AND SINCE EDRIC IS EITHER FUCKING LAZY OR ABSCENT AND DIDNT SEE MY LAST WORDS TO HIM IN THIS TREAD, IM GONNA GO CHANGE THIS TREAD TITLE MY SELF, ITS REALLY IDIOT TITLE, ITS NORTHERN AND NOT NORSE!

No Northern and not fucking Norse mythology as some call it:
    "for Nordics and not periphery Aryans"

Account Inactive
    Last Online
    Sunday, January 24th, 2010 @ 11:00 PM
    Subrace
    Other
    Spenglarian
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Post Viktor Rydberg

I could recall Viktor Rydberg at those very first words of NordicPower88.

Not that I don't know much about the Germanic and the Skandinavian in the present times and how one could be different from the other, I have read a little of the unity if the Germanics and the inhabitants of Skandinavia in and before the age of King Hermann-The Great.

Talking of Viktor Rydberg, I read a piece written by him, eulogising Christianity and loudly claiming that the myth of the North had their origin in the Thracian Migrations. That is utter rubbish. I cannot blame Rydberg for in that age of vagrant xianity and the massive Jewish influence, wise and sometimes the best minds were led to believe in the judeo-christian propaganda which was supported by the jewish yhwh's mafia.

And so strong is the notion all over the world that the word "God", which must be so much the spirit and life vigour of the Germanic people, is used by the peddlars of yhwh.

God is certainly of a Germanic origin, the root being , has the same root, cultural as well as liguistic. That is a further evidence that Germanics were the same people as are the Swedes, Norwegians, Danes and Saxons of today.

Well, I am talking as claiming what is already very well-known, but part is a victim of deception and abuse by the Judeo-Christians.

God is the same as is Deus in latin and Dev in Vedic, which are our essential senses and not a one chap in the jewish "next-world".

I find the work of Rydberg most despicable however. Its irrelevant today. So is the fate of all the badly-thought work, all the time.

We must understand one thing however, that separation has made a lot of difference among the Aryans. That should be respected as we do for one another's national individuality.

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    German
    Ancestry
    German and English
    Subrace
    Nordid
    mtDNA
    H
    Country
    Prussia Prussia
    State
    Aquarius
    Family
    Single adult
    Occupation
    Student
    Politics
    Ethnocentrism
    Religion
    Asatru
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Post Re: Viktor Rydberg

Originally posted by Rahul
    I could recall Viktor Rydberg at those very first words of NordicPower88.

Not that I don't know much about the Germanic and the Skandinavian in the present times and how one could be different from the other, I have read a little of the unity if the Germanics and the inhabitants of Skandinavia in and before the age of King Hermann-The Great.

Talking of Viktor Rydberg, I read a piece written by him, eulogising Christianity and loudly claiming that the myth of the North had their origin in the Thracian Migrations. That is utter rubbish. I cannot blame Rydberg for in that age of vagrant xianity and the massive Jewish influence, wise and sometimes the best minds were led to believe in the judeo-christian propaganda which was supported by the jewish yhwh's mafia.

And so strong is the notion all over the world that the word "God", which must be so much the spirit and life vigour of the Germanic people, is used by the peddlars of yhwh.

God is certainly of a Germanic origin, the root being , has the same root, cultural as well as liguistic. That is a further evidence that Germanics were the same people as are the Swedes, Norwegians, Danes and Saxons of today.

Well, I am talking as claiming what is already very well-known, but part is a victim of deception and abuse by the Judeo-Christians.

God is the same as is Deus in latin and Dev in Vedic, which are our essential senses and not a one chap in the jewish "next-world".

I find the work of Rydberg most despicable however. Its irrelevant today. So is the fate of all the badly-thought work, all the time.

We must understand one thing however, that separation has made a lot of difference among the Aryans. That should be respected as we do for one another's national individuality.
    What?? What are you talking about? I have a deep respect for the Nordic people, and I am actually quite fond of Sweden, I didn't mean to disrespect any nationality but Hellstar was basically saying that Nordic "mythology" doesn't also belong to the German people, when clearly it does.

From the March of the Titans: A history of the White race:

"Very many of the original Indo-European gods' names were either taken over by Christianity (Hel, the name of the goddess of the underworld was, for example, plagiarized directly by Christianity) or were kept in various forms, so that even four of the seven days of the modern week are named after them, as detailed below.

That this is so should not be surprising: these gods were the main religion of the White people of Europe for at least six thousand years, compared to the less than one thousand that Christianity has existed in northern Europe to date.

The chief characteristics of this original White religion and its array of gods were:

- The world itself was the product of the great world-tree, Yggdrasil, which reached through all time and space. Yggdrasil was however always under attack from an evil serpent, Nidhogg. The fountain of Mimir, source of hidden wisdom, lay under one of the roots of the tree;

- Worship of any of these gods was usually conducted in the open - often near holy trees or within arrangements of stones, with the Indo-Europeans using and building even more megalith sites in Europe for this purpose;

- Odin (also known Odhinn; called Woden by the Anglo-Saxons and Wodan or Woutan by the Germans) was the king of the gods. His two black ravens, Huginn ("Thought") and Muninn ("Memory"), flew all over the world to report on the doings of men and gods alike;

- Odin's court was in the great citadel of Valhalla, where all brave warriors went after dying in battle. When Odin himself took to travel he used his eight-footed steed, Sleipner; armed himself with his spear, Gungnir, and his most precious jewel, the ring called Draupner;

- Odin was also the god of wisdom, poetry, and magic, and he sacrificed an eye for the privilege of drinking from Mimir, the fountain of wisdom. Odin had three wives;

- Thor was the eldest son of Odin and the strongest of the gods. He had a magic hammer, which he threw with the aid of iron gloves and which always returned to him;

Thor, the Indo-European God of War, striking down enemies with his mighty hammer, Mjollnir. This picture, painted in 1872, shows Thor riding in a chariot drawn by goats.

- Odin's other son was Balder (or Baldur), the god of light and joy, was killed after the evil god Loki tricked Baldur's blind twin brother, Hoder, the god of darkness, into killing him;

- Frei or Freyr was the son of the fertility god Njord. Freyr was the god of fruitfulness, prosperity, and peace and the bestower of sunlight and rain. He wakened the earth from the long sleep of winter, and prayers for a bountiful harvest were addressed to him. Frey was the patron god of Sweden; his chief shrine was at Uppsala. His sister was Freya;

Frejya, the Indo-European Goddess of love and beauty, riding her chariot drawn by cats. A 19th century painting.

- Freya or Freyja was the goddess of love, fertility, and beauty, sometimes identified as the goddess of battle and death. Blond, blue-eyed, and beautiful, Freya traveled on a golden-bristled boar or in a chariot drawn by cats. In Germany, Freya was sometimes identified with Frigg, the wife of Odin;

- Frigg or Frigga, was the goddess of the sky and wife of Odin, the chief of the gods. She was worshipped as the protector of married love and housewives. A bunch of keys was her symbol;

- Hel was the goddess of the dead. She dwelt beneath one of the three roots of the sacred ash tree Yggdrasil and was the daughter of Loki, the spirit of mischief or evil. Odin condemned Hel into the underworld and placed her in charge there, never to emerge again;

- Loki was a giant who represented evil and was possessed of great knowledge and cunning. Loki and Hel, goddess of the underworld, would lead the forces of evil against the gods, in the final battle between good and evil, the "Ragnarok", or end of the days;

- Besides these major deities, there were a number of other lesser gods who were just as popular from time to time: Hermod, Bragi, and Forseti; Idun, Nanna, and Sif;

- The Valkyries were a band of warrior-maidens who were sometimes portrayed as Odin's own daughters, they included Brunhilde (later to become a central character in a Wagner opera). the Valkyries helped Odin choose which warriors deserved to go to Valhalla after dying in battle. At Valhalla, the warriors would spend their time fighting or feasting until "Ragnarok."

http://www.wcotc.com/books/whitehistory/hwr5a.htm

All the other historical White religions Greek, Roman, Celtic, etc.... were varying versions of these same gods.

This religion, IS the religion of our race!!!
    Last edited by GreenHeart; Tuesday, July 23rd, 2002 at 05:00 AM.

Last Online
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

This gets me alittle pissed, that people dont listen up,

No it dont belong to German people GET IT,

No one has monopoly on Nordic mythology,

I made a request for you to talk about Germanic tribes and religion origin and not telling me if some Germanics from Germany were in correlation with Nordic mythology, SO you TOTAL Misunderstood ME!

and please dont Spam that idiotic Arthur shit,

Arthur is total ignorant on many points and the way he talks about Scandinavian is clinical dry.

I hate that SF propaganda......................

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    German
    Ancestry
    German and English
    Subrace
    Nordid
    mtDNA
    H
    Country
    Prussia Prussia
    State
    Aquarius
    Family
    Single adult
    Occupation
    Student
    Politics
    Ethnocentrism
    Religion
    Asatru
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Uh huh.........

That's no spam, I know many other sources who are in agreement to the basic definition. The point is, you seem to lay claim that only Scandinavians can use/believe in Nordic mythology, and that really made me mad.
    Last edited by GreenHeart; Tuesday, July 23rd, 2002 at 05:49 AM.

Account Inactive
    Last Online
    Sunday, January 24th, 2010 @ 11:00 PM
    Subrace
    Other
    Spenglarian
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Post I Was Pointing At Viktor Rydberg

The flaw is in Rydberg's analysis of the Aryan traditions and their origin.

Talking of what the commonly-held belief has been, Thor is the god of war and thunder. Not so, he has so much, and so many more functions, and we don't talk about our gods as "they were", for they are quite within ourselves, our senses and our life's soul force, all these elements which make us alive.

HELLSTAR is right about the despicable "study" approach to traditions. It is only depressing when we try to find a God somewhere outside from its original realm. He is not the one in the Christian heaven, there are many available to ourselves.

Part of my frustration is that I am born in an age where the ignorance of the past Vedic traditions is final and pretty much beyond the scope of revival, but not as I see it consciously, its within me and this universe yonder, which gives us so much to aspire for. Think about it, in your own respective contexts.

I want to do a comparative work but I am handicapped by the fact that I have much to learn of the Skandinavian and Keltic traditions. Therefore the better and the appropriate part is to talk about the Vedic thought and present it the most honest way I can, by thinking of my own quest for the truth and being just to our race at the same time.

Yours Truly,
    Rahul

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast