In a steady relationship
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    41 Posts

Heavily Disabled Icelandic Woman Wants to Be Foster Parent

-> http://icelandreview.com/news/2017/1...-first-iceland

This is Freyja Haraldsdóttir:

Former MP for Björt framtíð party in Iceland, 31 years old, and diagnosed with osteogenesis imperfecta. Freyja cannot move her legs at all, she has little movement in her hands, not arms, she needs 24hrs care every day. She cannot sit upright, she cannot go to the toilet herself, she obviously cannot walk or stand, she cannot eat or drink by herself.

She has now filed a case against the Government Agency for Child Protection (Barnaverndarstofa) because they denied her the right to adopt a child!

World, what have we come to.
    I have no words how people can support this ridiculousness and think that this woman who cannot even take care of herself could take care of a child.

Children need love, need to be hugged, cuddled. They need their parents to guide them, to teach them, and to be there to pick them up when they fall. This woman can by no means take care of a child and provide for its needs.

I am proud of Barnaverndarstofa for making the decision they made: This woman should not be allowed to adopt a child because she cannot provide what a child needs.

I am ashamed of all Icelanders who support Freyja Haraldsdóttir in her fight to become a foster parent.
    Lík börn leika best.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Blutwölfin For This Useful Post:

Funding Member
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    German
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    352 Posts
    Ridiculous. She cannot take care of herself and she wants children as well? I can only imagine her becoming a burden to the children as soon as they grow a little. All in the name of political correctness. This world is becoming mad. Hopefully, her appeal will be denied. No person in their right mind would allow a cripple who can't even go to the bathroom on her own to take children in her "care".

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Nachtengel For This Useful Post:

Secure a future for Germanic children
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    German
    Country
    Germany Germany
    State
    Berlin Berlin
    Family
    Married parent
    Occupation
    Mother
    Politics
    National Communism
    Religion
    Atheism
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    93 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Out of Germania View Post
    I can only imagine her becoming a burden to the children as soon as they grow a little.
    That's probably why she wants children, someone who will give her unconditional love (for "saving" them) and feel a sense of duty towards her.

Freyja, who is physically disabled, claims her application was not handled in the same way as those of non-disabled applicants, and the case is brought forth on those grounds.
    And? She is disabled. Why should her application be handled the same way as a non-disabled? In fact, it was supposedly even treated "with special care":

Bragi added that Freyja’s case was processed through the agency according to normal procedure. “I can maintain that it was treated with special care and among other things, we solicited expertise. We have a lot of respect for Freyja as we do for everyone else who shows interest in becoming a foster parent. But this is always an assessment of each individual case and in Freyja’s case the assessment was decided in this way.”
    Political correctness again.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Bärin For This Useful Post:

Funding Member
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-Canadian
    Ancestry
    Anglo-Norman & German
    Country
    Canada Canada
    Libertarian
    Religion
    Heathen
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    53 Posts
    I feel sorry for this person, it seems she wants to give and receive some sort of unconditional love indeed. That or her invalidity has made her feel awful and she thinks she could contribute by fostering children... Facts are however, no matter how much we pity such people, they cannot even take care of themselves, let alone raise children on their own. I also haven't seen mention of a boyfriend or husband. So her plan was to become a single mother to boot? I just don't see that working, unfortunately. Besides, even people who don't suffer from invalidity may not qualify to become foster parents, for one reason or another. I think they made the right decision in the end.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Norman Pride For This Useful Post: