Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 63

Thread: Why Atheism Has a Bright Future

  1. #41
    Senior Member
    Mööv's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Last Online
    Monday, October 28th, 2019 @ 03:34 PM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    German
    Ancestry
    Donauschwaben
    Subrace
    Keltic nordid/Alpinid
    State
    Danube Swabian Community Danube Swabian Community
    Location
    Wigrid
    Gender
    Age
    38
    Zodiac Sign
    Aquarius
    Family
    Single parent
    Occupation
    Mad scientist
    Politics
    Politically incorrect
    Religion
    Heathen
    Posts
    1,394
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    666
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    189
    Thanked in
    116 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Baorn
    What's defeatist or finding a safe space in opening my eyes to universal Truth that transcends time and space? I could throw in the towel like you and pretend there's a place to run and hide from reality by constantly griping about change, the most inevitable fact of life.
    You're the one running away from reality and change and hiding behind the comfort of religion, not me.


    I don't have a Jewish god that you fear is everywhere behind everything wrong in your life. I'd say you bank on the Jews more than I would be caught dead doing, spewing out their propaganda and arraying yourself against Christendom.
    Ah, so first I'm a "chrsitian but don't realise it" and now I'm a "jew arraying aginst christianity"... how nice.


    You have no real plan to live out your rhetoric. You just hate on fellow Indo-Europeans: blah blah blah yourself. You don't live in reality and have no practical or pragmatic logic.



    Judaism doesn't believe in our demigod and trinitarian theology, nor does it proclaim our Sky Father divinity as we do. You don't know the difference between Jews and Gentiles, or are just dishonest. It's more likely that you are a tool, than anything else.
    Yes yes, and Jehowas witnesses don't do everything exactly as you do yet they still are christian. Same way christianity came out of judaism. It may do some things a little different, but it still is the child of it's parent. And no amount of disguises is going to ever change that.


    The word "God" and "Odin" have a common Germanic etymology.
    No they don't.


    You are a tool, most certainly. Christianity is the only religion with an intrinsic, explicit and fundamental anti-Semitism to begin with. There's no other religion whose raison d'etre stems from hatred for Jewry.
    Ah, the child hating it's parent.
    And that is your reasoning for being a christian? Just antisemitism? What a waste of life.


    Your reply is a Jewish one, to claim that we Gentiles are merely bastard imposters.





    Quote Originally Posted by SpearBrave
    Sorry Mööv , there is no way you eat more pork than I do.....yup I love to fork the pork.....hey that rymes. LOL
    If the gods will it, we shall put that to the test one day.
    Lieber tot als Sklave!

  2. #42
    Funding Member
    „Friend of Germanics”
    Skadi Funding Member


    Rodskarl Dubhgall's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Angelfolc
    Ancestry
    Angles, Frisians, Saxons
    Subrace
    Anglo-Saxon
    Y-DNA
    Y
    mtDNA
    X
    Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    State
    Hannover Hannover
    Location
    Between your ears
    Gender
    Family
    Yorkist
    Occupation
    Once More Unto the Breach
    Politics
    Welf
    Religion
    ex-U.C. of England & Ireland
    Posts
    2,791
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    3,196
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    219
    Thanked in
    189 Posts
    What comfort from religion? I have an understanding of accountability that I did not acknowledge before. I was something of a hedonist until I allowed myself to be judged for falling short of the same standards that I held against others and understood the point of a consensus in mutual expectations. That might be why you don't like it.

    You're a cultural Christian who has rejected it on the basis of secular Judaic distortions, exactly as they want to see happen to Christians.

    You don't acknowledge the obvious: Judaism morphed into Islam and Hellenism et al morphed into Christianity. The fact that they crossed paths does not belie these facts.

    I don't remember the conversation, sorry. The specific use of God was taken from the Lombard version of Odin/Woden, which began with a G. One meaning is to pour like "ingot" and another is related to "wit", like Witan, the Anglo-Saxon counsel. This connection may be the Well of Mimir, from whence Odin drew His wisdom. It was also established that God, Goth and Odin all come from the same background, like Yngve-Freyr connecting with Angles and Frisians.

    You are obsessively Judeophobic and cringe at any imagined implication or connotation, so, when informed that Christianity is the only religion to actually name Jewry as the enemy, you do mental gymnastics to fantasize that it is the same as when homophobes hate on homosexuals, it must be because they are themselves in the closet. Think of that when it is so obvious that the ultimate origin of your fixation with Jewry comes from Christianity, so you are caught in a circular argument as an example par excellence of what you claim is my own problem. If I don't want Mexicans in my country, does this make me Mexican? You have very specious reasoning and lazy bandwagoneering in the place of actual critical analysis.

  3. #43
    Senior Member
    Mööv's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Last Online
    Monday, October 28th, 2019 @ 03:34 PM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    German
    Ancestry
    Donauschwaben
    Subrace
    Keltic nordid/Alpinid
    State
    Danube Swabian Community Danube Swabian Community
    Location
    Wigrid
    Gender
    Age
    38
    Zodiac Sign
    Aquarius
    Family
    Single parent
    Occupation
    Mad scientist
    Politics
    Politically incorrect
    Religion
    Heathen
    Posts
    1,394
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    666
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    189
    Thanked in
    116 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Baorn
    You're a cultural Christian who has rejected it on the basis of secular Judaic distortions, exactly as they want to see happen to Christians.

    You don't acknowledge the obvious: Judaism morphed into Islam and Hellenism et al morphed into Christianity. The fact that they crossed paths does not belie these facts.



    I don't remember the conversation, sorry. The specific use of God was taken from the Lombard version of Odin/Woden, which began with a G ... It was also established that God, Goth and Odin all come from the same background
    Was it?
    Do give proof.


    You are obsessively Judeophobic and cringe at any imagined implication or connotation, so, when informed that Christianity is the only religion to actually name Jewry as the enemy, you do mental gymnastics to fantasize that it is the same as when homophobes hate on homosexuals, it must be because they are themselves in the closet. Think of that when it is so obvious that the ultimate origin of your fixation with Jewry comes from Christianity, so you are caught in a circular argument as an example par excellence of what you claim is my own problem. If I don't want Mexicans in my country, does this make me Mexican? You have very specious reasoning and lazy bandwagoneering in the place of actual critical analysis.
    I'm afraid I do not have a fixation on Jews.
    It just so happens that christianity is a Jewish religion so I'm simply pointing that out. If it were a Bantu religion I would then say it was Bantu, because that is a fact, not because I have a fixation or am Judeophobic or whatever nonsense. You are the one raising christianity on a pedestal for being anti-semitic not me.
    The point is - it is a foreign religion and has no place here. Did it adapt by absorbing some European customs and beliefs? Yes it did. Every bad virus adapts so it can abuse it's host more efficiently and over a long period of time.
    Lieber tot als Sklave!

  4. #44
    Funding Member
    „Friend of Germanics”
    Skadi Funding Member


    Rodskarl Dubhgall's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Angelfolc
    Ancestry
    Angles, Frisians, Saxons
    Subrace
    Anglo-Saxon
    Y-DNA
    Y
    mtDNA
    X
    Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    State
    Hannover Hannover
    Location
    Between your ears
    Gender
    Family
    Yorkist
    Occupation
    Once More Unto the Breach
    Politics
    Welf
    Religion
    ex-U.C. of England & Ireland
    Posts
    2,791
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    3,196
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    219
    Thanked in
    189 Posts
    Deflections and distortions. Why bother leading you to water, except to drown your troll arse? I don't care if you drink. In fact, it's more amusing to watch you struggling from thirst. You do have a "religion" binding you from any satisfaction and it shows. This is like those situations at work where I say "good riddance" and rejoice that it all goes to shit because it's totally not my problem. We're all responsible for our own concerns and mine have never consisted of your soul. It's just fun watching how braindead you are, so poking at your comatose corpse was amusing to an extent. What's your intention for all the Christian chapels and altars? Do you set them on fire and level them all? How about grave and rune stones? Are you wanting to deface every sign of the Cross that exists and reduce to rubble all evidence of Christianity? You're no better than the Taliban and ISIS. You're all about demoralizing your own people by destroying the cultural treasures that they've passed down to you. You would be left with nothing. Might as well let the Muslims do it for you. You don't have to bother lifting a finger if they would.

  5. #45
    Senior Member
    Theunissen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Last Online
    1 Day Ago @ 03:08 AM
    Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ancestry
    North Western Europe
    Country
    South Africa South Africa
    State
    Transvaal Transvaal
    Location
    South Africa
    Gender
    Posts
    672
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    277
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    385
    Thanked in
    222 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ingvaeonic
    In the wise words of Christopher Hitchens: "What can be asserted without proof can be dismissed without proof."

    The onus is on deists and theists to prove the existence of their asserted god, not on atheists to disprove any such existence.
    But Atheism makes a positive knowledge claim: "There is no God". So it's only Agnostics that can use above excuse.

    And Theist do give several proofs for their positions. It's just that Atheists ignore it, while Agnostics dismiss it as insufficient.

  6. #46
    Funding Member
    „Friend of Germanics”
    Skadi Funding Member


    Rodskarl Dubhgall's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Angelfolc
    Ancestry
    Angles, Frisians, Saxons
    Subrace
    Anglo-Saxon
    Y-DNA
    Y
    mtDNA
    X
    Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    State
    Hannover Hannover
    Location
    Between your ears
    Gender
    Family
    Yorkist
    Occupation
    Once More Unto the Breach
    Politics
    Welf
    Religion
    ex-U.C. of England & Ireland
    Posts
    2,791
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    3,196
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    219
    Thanked in
    189 Posts
    Atheists believe in God in the same way that paleontologists believe in dragons. They just call them euphemistic names and come up with their own dogmas about them. Redefinition of reality to suit bias is a common human trait. Shakespeare pointed out that a rose by any other name smells just as sweet.

  7. #47
    Senior Member
    Mööv's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Last Online
    Monday, October 28th, 2019 @ 03:34 PM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    German
    Ancestry
    Donauschwaben
    Subrace
    Keltic nordid/Alpinid
    State
    Danube Swabian Community Danube Swabian Community
    Location
    Wigrid
    Gender
    Age
    38
    Zodiac Sign
    Aquarius
    Family
    Single parent
    Occupation
    Mad scientist
    Politics
    Politically incorrect
    Religion
    Heathen
    Posts
    1,394
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    666
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    189
    Thanked in
    116 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Baorn
    Deflections and distortions. Why bother leading you to water, except to drown your troll arse? I don't care if you drink. In fact, it's more amusing to watch you struggling from thirst. You do have a "religion" binding you from any satisfaction and it shows. This is like those situations at work where I say "good riddance" and rejoice that it all goes to shit because it's totally not my problem. We're all responsible for our own concerns and mine have never consisted of your soul. It's just fun watching how braindead you are, so poking at your comatose corpse was amusing to an extent.
    LOL! Good to know I'm the one distorting! For a moment I thought it was your über-nordic protestant Jesus.
    Lieber tot als Sklave!

  8. #48
    Funding Member
    „Friend of Germanics”
    Skadi Funding Member


    Rodskarl Dubhgall's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Angelfolc
    Ancestry
    Angles, Frisians, Saxons
    Subrace
    Anglo-Saxon
    Y-DNA
    Y
    mtDNA
    X
    Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    State
    Hannover Hannover
    Location
    Between your ears
    Gender
    Family
    Yorkist
    Occupation
    Once More Unto the Breach
    Politics
    Welf
    Religion
    ex-U.C. of England & Ireland
    Posts
    2,791
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    3,196
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    219
    Thanked in
    189 Posts
    God is everything to everyone, or He would not be God. The fact that everyone has a version of their own doesn't argue against it. If you think God is subordinate to specific human culture, then you have a small mind indeed. Atheist drivel about believers would make sense, if they referred to you. Then again, atheists also choose their own revisionist version. Everyone has a take on the same issues except agnostics.

  9. #49
    Bloodhound
    „Friend of Germanics”
    Funding Membership Inactive
    Jäger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    German
    Ancestry
    Atlantean
    Gender
    Posts
    4,405
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    21
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    76
    Thanked in
    47 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Baorn
    What do you want to hear?
    I told you that already.

    I made a point, you did respond (no one forced you to). In that response you neither refuted my point nor conceded it. You just said something irrelevant to my point, and that in a condescending manner I may add.
    What other conclusion is there that you are not interested in a real discussion, and thus not in truth?
    "Nothing is more disgusting than the majority: because it consists of a few powerful predecessors, of rogues who adapt themselves, of weak who assimilate themselves, and the masses who imitate without knowing at all what they want." (Johann Wolfgang Goethe)

  10. #50
    Funding Member
    „Friend of Germanics”
    Funding Membership Inactive
    Ingvaeonic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Online
    Friday, July 12th, 2019 @ 02:02 AM
    Ethnicity
    English/German combo
    Country
    Australia Australia
    Location
    Eastern Australia
    Gender
    Zodiac Sign
    Sagittarius
    Posts
    1,752
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    12
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    27
    Thanked in
    23 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Theunissen
    But Atheism makes a positive knowledge claim: "There is no God". So it's only Agnostics that can use above excuse.

    And Theist do give several proofs for their positions. It's just that Atheists ignore it, while Agnostics dismiss it as insufficient.
    Theists can provide "several proofs for their positions"? In other words, theists can provide several "proofs" of the existence of the god in which they believe? Really? And what might these "proofs" be?
    Between the devil and the deep blue sea.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Strong Atheism vs. Weak Atheism
    By Aeternitas in forum Agnosticism, Atheism, & Irreligion
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: Wednesday, June 15th, 2011, 02:36 PM
  2. Iraq Disaster; the Bright Side
    By Alizon Device in forum England
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: Saturday, March 22nd, 2008, 05:26 PM
  3. Holmes' Comet in Perseus
    By Loddfafner in forum Research & Technology
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: Sunday, October 28th, 2007, 06:10 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •