N/A
    Religion
    N/A
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Thumbs Up Hello, Fine Kinsmen

Greetings, all. I've been a lurker for sometime and finally ended up making an account here. I'm 20 years of age and been "Pro-Heritage" the past 10 years or so. My main interests vary from history and linguistics to government and politics, and various things in-between.

As for me, my father is an Ethnic-German from Nuremberg and my mother had German-American roots since the 1760's. Now, going back 300 years on either side I can say with near 100% confidence that I'm essentially (give or take a few percentages there of) 85% German/Germanic (Mainly South German - Franconian/Bavarian) & around 15% Irish/Celtic (Northern Irish/Scots/Gaelic). I also managed to take to heart my Germanic heritage and “Prussian Virtues" (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prussian_virtues) that most in America seem to revile… It’s a shame about what has happened in this country in terms of us “Proud German-Americans” over time. Especially, post WWI and WWII. The whole German-American culture, language, and heritage was shunned and stigmatized against for years. All of them forced to speak English and to "Americanize" (really ramping up after WWII), but I still have hope. I value my unique heritage as it seems you all do. I did attempt to learn some German in my early teens around 13-15. I learned some basics, but eventually due to the whole nature of you “use it or you lose it” and there being an incredible lack of German speakers in my area I lost touch with it. However, I am relearning it and planning to keep to it long term among other languages.

On terms of religious persuasion I’m currently best described as an "Agnostic". I was brought up Christian, of the Protestant Lutheran Sect, but my family was never too religious. I do have great sympathies for European Christianity and Paganism (even though Christianity has its faults I still respect it for the impact it had on early to late Western Civilization). I also value European Paganism in terms of how it represented our ancestral forebearers and the great communal connection with family and nature it provided to our ancestors. As of now, I'll stay Agnostic, but enjoy practicing both Christian and European Pagan faiths to a degree (at least the historical appreciation of their teachings and morals). Heck, anyone born into a Western Civilization is "culturally Christian" due to the nature of living in these countries and their history anyway. Though, it does appear like a new Paganism revival is starting to rise in the U.S. & Europe. I mainly support and follow Germanic paganism on my end (due to my heritage), but can also appreciate the Celtic, Iberian, Slavic, Baltic, Nordic/Continental Germanic, Greco, Roman, etc Pagan faiths.

Anyway, perhaps now I can find more knowledge and support for my endeavors as of late here. It still seems to be a close-knit community, so that's a plus. Cheers.

„Friend of Germanics”
    Funding Membership Inactive
    Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Danish
    Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Family
    Engaged parent
    Politics
    Nationalism
    Religion
    Odinism
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    266 Posts
    Wecome to Skadi!

That's a very young age to be pro-heritage.
    Did your family teach you some traditional values or did you get an interest in it by yourself?

Anyway, you'll find many members on Skadi with similar views, including Americans who value and are in touch with their European heritage.

Germania incognita
    „Friend of Germanics”
    Skadi Funding Member
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    Norwegian
    Ancestry
    Norway
    Subrace