Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Raising Children to Love and Appreciate Their Ancestral Culture and Ethnicity

Last Online
    Sunday, June 17th, 2018 @ 06:16 PM
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-American
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Raising Children to Love and Appreciate Their Ancestral Culture and Ethnicity

When I think about raising children someday, I'm concerned about how to best promote a love and identification with their people, history, and culture in a world that will be even more diverse and dysgenic than the one I grew up in.

What would be some methods to increase the likelihood of them having a healthy ethnocultural outlook in a world that frowns upon this (for our people, anyway)? One concern to contend with is that pushing too hard can make children rebel and take on characteristics opposite to the ones you're trying to instill.

I think one of the primary methods will be to teach them about their people and our history and read our literature to them, but would be interested in hearing other ideas.

I feel that my generation will have some chance to live out our lives as we wish, but the thought that our children and grandchildren will not have this chance causes worry for me.

Account Inactive
    Last Online
    Monday, August 21st, 2017 @ 12:25 AM
    Ethnicity
    European Australian
    Ancestry
    Macedonia, Bulgaria
    Subrace
    Norid+CM
    Y-DNA
    I2a1b
    Country
    Australia Australia
    Married parent
    Politics
    Ethnocracy
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    It's an uphill struggle unfortunately, especially since their schooling and everyday surrounds are geared against this. As a father of two young kids, I try to teach my kids about their family history and will then extend this to the history of their people in general. Inquisitive kids will ask such questions any way, so it's important to provide them with information when asked. Try not to force it upon them, but always provide the information when asked. You can also introduce this in a more casual approach and keep them interested.

Funding Member
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    European American
    Ancestry
    United Kingdom, Czechoslovakia, Netherlands, Germany, France
    mtDNA
    H1c12
    Country
    United States United States
    State
    Florida Florida
    Aries
    Politics
    Pro-Trump, Nationalist
    Religion
    Folkish Heathen
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    381 Posts
    Be there for your kids and be a good role model.

Proffessional Hickerbilly
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    @
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    American of German decent
    Ancestry
    Bavaria/Switzerland
    Country
    Other Other
    State
    Kentucky Kentucky
    Zodiac Sign
    Libra
    Family
    Married
    Occupation
    Kunstschmiede
    Politics
    Self-Reliance
    Religion
    Asatru
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    607 Posts
    If it is legal in your home country, home school them, if not make sure you go over their education every day after school and keep them on a correct path.

Make sure they have their family structure of grandparents and other kin folk. Teach them about their history and culture and remind them in a positive manner of who they are and where they have come from.
    Life is like a fire hydrant- sometimes you help people put out their fires, but most of the time you just get peed on by every dog in the neighborhood.

Funding Member
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    European American
    Ancestry
    United Kingdom, Czechoslovakia, Netherlands, Germany, France
    mtDNA
    H1c12
    Country
    State
    Florida Florida
    Aries
    Politics
    Pro-Trump, Nationalist
    Religion
    Folkish Heathen
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    381 Posts
    I think love of ancestral culture and ethnicity is innate in some people. Some people just don't have it and maybe never will.
    I was raised by a single mom, with no grandparents or kinfolk in NYC and I love my ancestry.

If I had kids I would definitely want to home-school them.

Last Online
    Thursday, August 29th, 2019 @ 05:31 AM
    Ethnicity
    english/northern irish
    Ancestry
    england/northern ireland
    Country
    State
    Texas Texas
    Single adult
    Occupation
    bookkeeper
    Politics
    libertarian
    Religion
    christian
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts
    Raise your kids to stay within their realm. All this white guilt garbage is sickening. White kids nowadays are brainwashed to be self-haters and to embrace nonwhite cultures. Raise them to be proud of who and what they are.

Moderator "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    Friday, August 16th, 2019 @ 06:42 PM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    German
    Ancestry
    Bavarii, Saxones, Suebi, Alamanni
    Subrace
    Borreby + Atlantonordoid
    Country
    Germany Germany
    Zodiac Sign
    Libra
    Family
    Engaged
    Politics
    Tradition & Homeland
    Religion
    Odinist
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    107 Posts
    I would identify three major pillars that I will seek to take into considering when we found a family of our own. The point is - you can never completely ward them from the Zeitgeist and if you do this in a form of 'negative upbringing' then you're going to find that whatever you were trying to shield them from was

1. Instill a form of positive pride in their roots by giving them child-friendly heaps of Leitkultur. Let them join the local Krampus guild. Involve them directly in solstice-celebrations and harvest-celebrations. Read them a fairy-tale or otherwise folk-inspired bedtime story.
    2. Proactively seek to found a community as an extended family. The more likely you are to meet with like-minded folks with children, the more likely the children are to be playing with the kids of other patriots & preservationist, the more likely they are to later be holding values that let's them pick a more traditional partner. Let them known that both the core family, the extended blood family & the extended 'chosen family' are a place where they can freely unfold & they will keep coming back thereto; and it gives them a foundation against which to weigh potential friendships with absolute strangers with a completely different set of morals.
    3. Let them be children, then adolescents, then adults. I.e. if you're going to make them learn about the more in-depth stuff makes sure you're going to explain it to them in a child-friendly and positive manner. Some of this may be easier, some of this may be harder. Never condescend, and always be prepared to answer any type of question. If what daddy says is more plausibele than what the pink haired teacher says, then that's going to help. Beyond that however, let them make their own decisions, let them find their own boundaries, their own conclusions.

So there's basically finding the golden middle way between completely letting the state & society doing the upbringing and over-saturating them with 'propaganda.' It's sort of like finding the middle way between being a responsible, protective parent and being a helicopter parent.
    -In kalte Schatten versunken... /Germaniens Volk erstarrt / Gefroren von Lügen / In denen die Welt verharrt-
    -Die alte Seele trauernd und verlassen / Verblassend in einer erklärbaren Welt / Schwebend in einem Dunst der Wehmut / Ein Schrei der nur unmerklich gellt-
    -Auch ich verspüre Demut / Vor dem alten Geiste der Ahnen / Wird es mir vergönnt sein / Gen Walhalla aufzufahren?-

(Heimdalls Wacht, In kalte Schatten versunken, stanzas 4-6)

Last Online
    Wednesday, January 24th, 2018 @ 05:19 AM
    Ethnicity
    German
    Ancestry
    Germany; Scotland; Norway; Ireland
    Subrace
    North Atlantid
    Country
    Married
    Politics
    Conservative
    Religion
    Christian
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Raising kinder

It's disheartening when you raise children in large American cities. Much of the German influence over the last 20 years has been replaced with predominantly Asian and Hispanic cultures. It's challenging to keep your culture alive with a certain spirit. Many Germanic people in the Southwest remain quiet and conform to the multicultural rhetoric. You really have stereo-types or remnants of what remains after years of mass immigration. Some German names are being replaced by Spanish for streets and schools. We thought about leaving in a few years back to Europe.

Last Online
    4 Hours Ago @ 01:10 AM
    Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ancestry
    North Western Europe
    Country
    South Africa South Africa
    State
    Transvaal Transvaal
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    129 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bayreuther View Post
    It's disheartening when you raise children in large American cities. Much of the German influence over the last 20 years has been replaced with predominantly Asian and Hispanic cultures. It's challenging to keep your culture alive with a certain spirit. Many Germanic people in the Southwest remain quiet and conform to the multicultural rhetoric. You really have stereo-types or remnants of what remains after years of mass immigration. Some German names are being replaced by Spanish for streets and schools. We thought about leaving in a few years back to Europe.
    It's kind as if those people are hypnotized. Can't they see what is being played.

Last Online
    Saturday, March 31st, 2018 @ 05:43 AM
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-American
    Ancestry
    British Isles and Scandinavia
    Country
    State
    Virginia Virginia
    Married parent
    Politics
    Right Wing
    Religion
    Tragic Atheist
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SaxonCeorl View Post
    When I think about raising children someday, I'm concerned about how to best promote a love and identification with their people, history, and culture in a world that will be even more diverse and dysgenic than the one I grew up in.

What would be some methods to increase the likelihood of them having a healthy ethnocultural outlook in a world that frowns upon this (for our people, anyway)? One concern to contend with is that pushing too hard can make children rebel and take on characteristics opposite to the ones you're trying to instill.

I think one of the primary methods will be to teach them about their people and our history and read our literature to them, but would be interested in hearing other ideas.

I feel that my generation will have some chance to live out our lives as we wish, but the thought that our children and grandchildren will not have this chance causes worry for me.
    Talk to them. Incorporate tradition and ritual into the family. It isn't as hard as it might seem. Be natural about it because it is completely natural despite the multi-cult rhetoric which runs rampant out there.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast