@
    Ethnicity
    German
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

23andMe: The Devil In Disguise

Should racially-concious Whites bother doing 23andMe?

There was a literary and artistic movement in the early 20th century called, The Lost Generation. They were a generation of people that grew up during the chaos, insanity, and aftermath of WWI. Many of the greatest writers ever are part of it. These are all people that you have read and know very well- Joyce, Fitzgerald, Hemingway, and Pound to name a few.

The Writers of The Lost Generation

Modern Whites in America have much in common with this generation. In many respects, our generation is also lost. We have been marginalized, attacked, and hated merely for existing. We do not know who or what we are, which is the extension our deracinated Bizzaro existence that we have inherited from the Baby Boomers.

An answer for many has been to do DNA testing. By doing a DNA test, many American Whites wrongly assume that the results will satiate their passion for being a part of something, for belonging. They believe that this will bring them more of a connection their neighbors and the greater community. The answer for American Whites, sadly, is that it will not.

The most famous of the DNA testing mills is called 23andME. What they provide in summation is raw genetic data along with ancestry-related results. These DNA tests are very popular and widely used in the U.S. because of our history as a genetic “melting pot”. Many people have a desire to know who and what they are because there have been so many different races and ethnicities that have called this land home, but unfortunately my Alt-Right family, this is not our answer. All those White people that you are a direct descendant from, your antecedents, have called themselves by many different names over thousands of years. Dr. Kevin MacDonald details this history very well:

The Origins of the White Man

On an episode of Red Ice, Jim Goad said that when he was in prison his skin color was a permanent tattoo and the only one that mattered. No one, I’m sure, asked him for a DNA sample. That should be true in general for American Whites as well. If the people present as White, are culturally White, and fight for White causes they are absolutely 100% White. Why should it matter if their 23andMe results only read 97% European? We do not have the luxury of the axiom of choice; we are in a dogfight for survival. Remember, politics is always violence at some point. We need all the friends that we can get, even non-Whites (perish the thought). We should never do it by compromising our ideals, but we should always be honest with each other and ourselves, such as the fact that there is a large amount of bad White people. Some of our worst enemies both to us personally and our movement are 100% White. Additionally, we have the cucked-Whites and non-Whites constantly counter-signaling that we are all from Africa. This is, as painful as it may be, undoubtedly true. If you go back far enough in your DNA, you are part eggplant-sorry, not sorry. Additionally, if you go back even further in your DNA, you are also part monkey, lizard, and fish so just deal with it. Nevertheless, that should not discount thousands of years of evolution, culture, and accomplishment we are an undeniably unique and genetically separate people.

Still, many Whites in our movement or sphere mistakenly consider themselves or others White only if their DNA results read 100% European. They often accuse this person or that person of not being White, or White enough. They often marginalize Southern or Eastern Europeans because of traces of Moorish or Turkish blood and go on incessantly about 23andMe profile if it states 100% European Ancestry. In our potentially bleak future, I bet any of those same people will happily accept those “impure” Whites with open arms as we become a hated minority. We in the AltRight need to have a big tent approach to Whiteness. There is a line to be drawn to be sure, but it is not at 100% European, according to a potentially flawed DNA sample or testing methodology.

My recommendation to AltRight people is to stay away from these DNA tests altogether. I know many people are dumbfounded by that statement, but here is why. If you present White, look White, and all the antecedents in your family that you can trace are White, why find out that you are 96% White, with a smattering of African and East Asian DNA from 30+ generations ago. The people that hate us are always looking for divide and conquer strategies. Why give them any ammunition to marginalize us even more? What if you do find out that somewhere in your DNA that you have 1% Ashkenazi Jewish ancestry as many Whites have? Are you going to run out and buy a Yarmulke and start spinning dreidels?

Alas, I must admit, I did one of 23andMe’s competitor’s DNA tests in the past because my mom bought it for me as a Christmas present. Sadly, it turns out that when the results came in that I was only 99% European with 1% Caucasus DNA to boot. Oh, imagine my horror, I guess that means no White ethnostate for me. Perhaps, I will be allowed to exist near the hinterlands of the 100% European area of the White ethnostate; one can only dream.

Obviously, this is all hyperbole and nonsense. We cannot afford this type divisive behavior anymore. We can possibly have an autistic talk about this one day when we have our own homelands again. Until then, we need to stop fighting each other and focus all our energies on our collective enemies. Our movement is making strides, but we are nowhere close to winning so we should not be trying to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory just yet.

As an aside, one thing that I am thankful for from doing the DNA test is that I found out that I have a HUGE percentage of Irish DNA. Many of you are thinking why is that a big deal? It is to me because, admittedly, most of my life I have been anti-Catholic, and by extension anti-Irish. I viewed the Irish as subversive to America, its history, and as enemies of the Protestant “true” Americans. The results, I must say, humbled me. I stopped looking at St. Patrick’s Day as a dissident’s holiday and decided to no longer wear orange in protest. The results enabled me to move beyond thinking of myself as a WASP and focus on who I really am to everyone I’ve ever met or will meet.

This is the new world paradigm. Above all else, I realized that I am a White man now.
    https://altright.com/2017/05/22/23an...l-in-disguise/

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Nachtengel For This Useful Post:

Last Online
    3 Weeks Ago @ 02:17 AM
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-American
    Ancestry
    Anglo-Celtic
    Country
    Confederate States Confederate States
    Family
    Married
    Politics
    Nativism/Nationalism
    Religion
    Summum bonum
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    one thing that I am thankful for from doing the DNA test is that I found out that I have a HUGE percentage of Irish DNA. Many of you are thinking why is that a big deal? It is to me because, admittedly, most of my life I have been anti-Catholic, and by extension anti-Irish. I viewed the Irish as subversive to America, its history, and as enemies of the Protestant “true” Americans. The results, I must say, humbled me. I stopped looking at St. Patrick’s Day as a dissident’s holiday and decided to no longer wear orange in protest. The results enabled me to move beyond thinking of myself as a WASP and focus on who I really am to everyone I’ve ever met or will meet.
    This is hysterical, a prime example of the destructive potential of 23andme. It shredded his identity and he's glad about it, now he can be part of the white primordial ooze instead of a yucky WASP. Unreal, absolutely unreal.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Coillearnach For This Useful Post:

Last Online
    1 Week Ago @ 08:27 AM
    Ethnicity
    Vinlandic
    Ancestry
    1/2 German, 1/4 Norwegian, 1/4 Irish
    Country
    Vinland Vinland
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Coillearnach View Post
    This is hysterical, a prime example of the destructive potential of 23andme. It shredded his identity and he's glad about it, now he can be part of the white primordial ooze instead of a yucky WASP. Unreal, absolutely unreal.
    I imagine it works the other way, too. When Fenians receive test results indicating significant WASP ancestry, they may well trade in their Irish tricolors for orange sashes.

Dingbats will be dingbats. It'll all work out itself in the wash.
    — Always outnumbered but never outclassed —

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-American
    Ancestry
    Anglo-Celtic
    Country
    Family
    Married
    Politics
    Nativism/Nationalism
    Religion
    Summum bonum
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ward View Post
    I imagine it works the other way, too. When Fenians receive test results indicating significant WASP ancestry, they may well trade in their Irish tricolors for orange sashes.

Dingbats will be dingbats. It'll all work out itself in the wash.
    I hope so but won't hold my breath, WASPdom has a spectrum-wide popularity problem.

This author in particular is either a clumsy liar or an out-and-out nutcase - see this article (posted literally a DAY later) where he claims the following, "Strange, I always considered myself a Slav and different from the Anglo-Saxons that surrounded me." WASP or Slav, pick one.

Blut ist ein ganz besonderer Saft. Juthunge's Avatar
    Last Online
    5 Hours Ago @ 06:07 AM
    Ethnicity
    German
    Ancestry
    German
    Subrace
    Keltic Nordid-CM
    Religion of the Blood
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts
    This author in particular is either a clumsy liar or an out-and-out nutcase - see this article (posted literally a DAY later) where he claims the following, "Strange, I always considered myself a Slav and different from the Anglo-Saxons that surrounded me." WASP or Slav, pick one.
    Both articles were apparently posted by this Vincent Law but only the article you linked is about him personally.
    The first article states, after the "23 and me" sign, "Submitted by Trey Knickerbocker".

More directly related to the op thread, anyone who changes his identity due to some frequency on a test, has some serious issues with the identity and it seems to have been larping in the first place, though.

But I would in any case also recommend anyone to be cautious with commercial genetic testing companies. Not even necessarily because of potential identity issues but also if you're merely interested in your genealogy.
    These tests are for the most part quite simply very inaccurate because any such test is only as good as the samples from the (extra-)European regions they have for comparison. And these are usually quite horrendous because they're sometimes actually using other Americans of some self-declared ancestry, rather than inhabitants of the ancestral regions.
    Quite often these tests are just a waste of money.
    "Die Lehre von der Spaltung in Norddeutschland und Süddeutschland ist irrig, falsch und verrucht. Es ist eine Lehre von einem bösen Feind ausgegangen. Es gibt ein Norddeutschland und es gibt ein Süddeutschland wie es eine rechte und eine linke Hand am Menschen gibt. Aber der Mensch ist eins und hat nur einen Sinn und ein Herz, und Deutschland ist ein und soll nur einen Sinn und ein Herz haben." - Wartburgfest 1817

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Juthunge For This Useful Post:

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-American
    Ancestry
    Anglo-Celtic
    Country
    Family
    Married
    Politics
    Nativism/Nationalism
    Religion
    Summum bonum
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Juthunge View Post
    Both articles were apparently posted by this Vincent Law but only the article you linked is about him personally.
    The first article states, after the "23 and me" sign, "Submitted by Trey Knickerbocker".
    Nice attention to detail, completely breezed by that. Glad he's not that nutty!

Last Online
    1 Day Ago @ 11:19 AM
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-American
    Ancestry
    England,Ireland,Scotland,Germany
    Country
    United States United States
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    You're talking about Celts when you say that?

Last Online
    16 Hours Ago @ 06:24 PM
    Ethnicity
    English
    Ancestry
    8/16 English, 1/16 Scottish, 7/16 Irish
    Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    State
    Lancashire Lancashire
    Agnostic/Panentheist
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    61 Posts
    The 'white' identity is quite an American/Colonial thing. But with the immigration that Germanic/north-western European countries have had it is quite relevant to us now as well. Obviously, it is far less objectionable to have Polish or Spanish immigrants in England than Jamaican ones.

Autosomal DNA tests are not perfect and don't claim to be. And if you know the surnames of 8 great-grandparents then such a test will probably not tell you anything surprising. But I think a 23andMe test would be good enough for ethno-national political purposes. If, for example, the right of settlement in Great Britain was restricted to individuals who scored => 80% European (at any confidence level) by a 23andMe test then that would be a reliable and fair way of keeping out non-white and heavily mixed people. How else would it be done? The brown paper bag test? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brown_Paper_Bag_Test

Racial identity is not simply about appearance but also the knowledge that your countrymen share your ancestry from the same historical population (or from similar, nearby populations if you are not a complete purist).

Last Online
    1 Day Ago @ 12:04 PM
    Ethnicity
    English
    Ancestry
    England, Ireland (1/4), Germany (1/8), Scotland (1/32), Wales (1/32)
    Country
    England England
    State
    Sussex Sussex
    Single adult
    Occupation
    warehouse work, arts and crafts
    Politics
    Tribalism, Anarcho-Primitivism
    Religion
    Traditionalist Pagan/heathen
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    23 and me is a scam and owned by Google, the CEO boasts about its status as a "DNA database". Either use Ancestry DNA or don't bother. I took the Ancestry one as they seem trustworthy enough, opted out of the research, it's not worked out by (misleading and limiting) haplogroups and is pretty honest about what it can actually tell you. Also handy to have on there if you use it for family tree research as well.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Sigebrond For This Useful Post:

Last Online
    16 Hours Ago @ 06:24 PM
    Ethnicity
    English
    Ancestry
    8/16 English, 1/16 Scottish, 7/16 Irish
    Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    State
    Lancashire Lancashire
    Agnostic/Panentheist
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    61 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sigebrond View Post
    23 and me is a scam and owned by Google, the CEO boasts about its status as a "DNA database". Either use Ancestry DNA or don't bother. I took the Ancestry one as they seem trustworthy enough, opted out of the research, it's not worked out by (misleading and limiting) haplogroups and is pretty honest about what it can actually tell you. Also handy to have on there if you use it for family tree research as well.
    Have you used GEDmatch?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast