View Poll Results: Do you think tattoos are aesthetical?

Voters
49. You may not vote on this poll
  • I think it looks good on both men and women.

    9 18.37%
  • I don’t think it looks good on either gender.

    21 42.86%
  • I think it looks good on men but not on women.

    2 4.08%
  • I think it looks good on women but not on men.

    0 0%
  • Other(please elaborate)

    17 34.69%
Page 53 of 57 FirstFirst ... 34348495051525354555657 LastLast
Results 521 to 530 of 567

Thread: Are Tattoos Aesthetical? What is Your Opinion?

  1. #521
    Secure a future for Germanic children
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

    Bärin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    German
    Country
    Germany Germany
    State
    Berlin Berlin
    Gender
    Age
    29
    Family
    Married parent
    Occupation
    Mother
    Politics
    National Communism
    Religion
    Atheism
    Posts
    1,902
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    119
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    327
    Thanked in
    126 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Juthunge View Post
    But to compare tattoos in its effects even remotely to miscegenation and whatnot is just idiotic. I don't know how anyone could arrive at such a conclusion.
    I already explained it, it's about the ideology "my body, my rules". Tattoos are just a symptom of this ideology, not the cause or the most important one. And miscegenation, abortion, drugs, and so on, also belong up there. It's the same reasoning, I'm going to do what I want with my body and put whatever I want in it, just because I can. Of course getting a tattoo is not on the same level as miscegenation, the latter has deeper consequences. But people who use "my body, my rules" or "don't judge me" as an excuse or pretext have the same mindset. It's a liberal, materialist and narcissist reasoning which I think isn't compatible to nationalism.

  2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Bärin For This Useful Post:


  3. #522
    Funding Member
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

    Ítreksjóð's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    German
    Country
    German Fraternity German Fraternity
    Gender
    Politics
    Ethnic nationalism
    Religion
    Agnosticism
    Posts
    66
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    32
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    39
    Thanked in
    18 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Winkelried View Post
    Take this girl as an example:

    From a pruely aestethical point of view, it looks horrendous. Sorry. It's akin to graffitti on a nice hisotircal building, it somehow takes away its charm. But that's of course my personal opinion. Others might fancy them.

    Overall, there are several things that would speak against tattoos.

    One, tattoos are nowadays a profoundly conformist thing to do. You no longer stand out if you have one, and the usual ones have become cliche. Dragons, feathers, Japanese characters, misspelled Latin quotes... If tattoos were once an act of rebellion against cultural norms, now they are a well-established norm. About half of millennials have them. So what is it that you want to express? That you are part of the mass?

    Two, tattoos that are visible are highly likely to tamper with your chances or even disqualify you from getting decent employment. I'm willing to bet half of those who get tattoos aren't considering it at that point, and might come to regret it later. The other half, well, just doesn't care. But is that the right attitude? An increasing number of millennials are still living with their parents and/or on welfare, recently a couple had to resort to taking their 30 year old to court because he wouldn't respond to their eviction notices.

    Three, tattoos are literally damaging/scarring your skin and risk infections. They also have a few other health ramifications, such as affecting the way your body sweats. That ink on your skin can actually block sweat, and our bodies need the sweat to avoid overheating. And while there isn't a direct link between tattoos and skin cancer, there is enough concerning information about a possible connection to make you think twice.

    Four, our bodies inevitably change with time. Any weight gain or loss stretches and then releases your skin, meaning your tattoo could end up looking different than it originally did. Girls, take note, especially if you intend on having a child later in life. All those cute markings below the waistline might no be so cute anymore.

    Five, it's permanent. Think about it.

    Six, tattoo fails.


  4. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Ítreksjóð For This Useful Post:


  5. #523
    Member OneEyedWyrm's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Last Online
    Saturday, June 16th, 2018 @ 11:57 PM
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-American
    Ancestry
    England, Norway, Germany, the Netherlands
    Country
    United States United States
    State
    Oregon Oregon
    Gender
    Family
    Father
    Occupation
    Lab tech
    Politics
    Rightwing
    Posts
    14
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    7
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    14
    Thanked in
    11 Posts
    Whether it looks good or not depends on the tattoo itself. Similar with piercings.

  6. The Following User Says Thank You to OneEyedWyrm For This Useful Post:


  7. #524
    Funding Member
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

    Blood_Axis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Last Online
    Monday, March 18th, 2019 @ 11:58 AM
    Ethnicity
    Hellenic
    Ancestry
    75% Hellenic. 25% Anglosaxon
    Subrace
    Noric
    Country
    Other Other
    Gender
    Age
    41
    Family
    In a steady relationship
    Religion
    Still searching
    Posts
    5,158
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    31
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    57
    Thanked in
    19 Posts
    I think some tattoos look good on certain people (depending of design, person's style and position of tattoo). But they're not for me. Never wanted one. Most of my friends my age (some of them covered almost head to toe) have regretted them, especially because they've (tattoos) become mainstream and a hipster trend. This is the main reason why I never wanted one, or more, myself - a choice that is irreversible for the most part.

  8. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Blood_Axis For This Useful Post:


  9. #525
    Senior Member Uwe Jens Lornsen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Last Online
    3 Days Ago @ 04:02 PM
    Status
    Prolonged Absence
    Ethnicity
    German
    Ancestry
    Jutland
    Subrace
    Nordid
    Country
    Germany Germany
    State
    Schleswig-Holstein Schleswig-Holstein
    Gender
    Age
    48
    Zodiac Sign
    Taurus
    Family
    Widowed
    Politics
    cons. old fashion worker class
    Religion
    Philosophical Archaic Christian
    Posts
    991
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    497
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    287
    Thanked in
    238 Posts
    I have under a half dozen tattoos,
    all covered by a standard T-shirt.

    They are visible to others at heat waves,
    when I take off the shirt.

    3/4 are coloured and 1/4 are just black.

    The coloured ones have lost colour brightness after
    approx. 15 years, leaving the black frames dominating
    them, and thus making them more ugly.

    But I do not want them refreshed, just for myself,
    because they are a waste of money,
    though prices are that, that I would not have been able
    to afford anything substancial for them;
    I paid 1670 D-Marks alltogether for them,
    in year 2002 around 840 Euro.

    I had been introduced by a male classmate having
    several coloured tattoos, even visible on his underarm.
    I adored his simple way of life,
    comming from a wrecked divorced parenthood.


    What I have difficulties with are so-called "tribal tattoos" ,
    because I lack knowledge where they originate from.


    If I would have had a more stable family life during late teens
    and early adult age, then I guess, I would not have fallen for tattoos.

    Though it seems, that many people are really doing tattoos for
    all the media reporting about it, it was not the case for me;
    and it is likely the visibility of tattoos by people in the personal
    environment, that attracts measureless young people,
    than the media reporting about it.
    Hamburg as a bordering state to the south with it's habour
    could be considered probably also a source of influence.

    Then there are lesser known Rock musicians, that have tattoos,
    and who do not reach large coverage by the main-stream-media,
    and these might be an influence too.
    Mk 10:18 What do you call me a good master, no-one is good .

  10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Uwe Jens Lornsen For This Useful Post:


  11. #526
    Proffessional Hickerbilly
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

    SpearBrave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    American of German decent
    Ancestry
    Bavaria/Switzerland
    Country
    Other Other
    State
    Kentucky Kentucky
    Location
    Central
    Gender
    Age
    53
    Zodiac Sign
    Libra
    Family
    Married
    Occupation
    Kunstschmiede
    Politics
    Self-Reliance
    Religion
    Asatru
    Posts
    4,573
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    2,794
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    1,313
    Thanked in
    610 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bärin
    It's a liberal mindset to defend it as a "personal choice" and "none of your busienss", or especially "don't judge me". That's what homosexuals and race mixers say too, "oh who are you to judge". That's individualism, has nothing to do with nationalism. Nationalism is per definition collectivist, you don't think about yourself only, but also about how your choices and actions affect the rest of the folk. Tattoos, piercings, hair dying, cosmetic surgeries, are all degenerations, symptoms of a capitalist, consumer, fallen society.
    Quote Originally Posted by Huginn ok Muninn
    Stated like a true individualist. Which is about putting self over folk.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bärin
    I already explained it, it's about the ideology "my body, my rules". Tattoos are just a symptom of this ideology, not the cause or the most important one. And miscegenation, abortion, drugs, and so on, also belong up there. It's the same reasoning, I'm going to do what I want with my body and put whatever I want in it, just because I can. Of course getting a tattoo is not on the same level as miscegenation, the latter has deeper consequences. But people who use "my body, my rules" or "don't judge me" as an excuse or pretext have the same mindset. It's a liberal, materialist and narcissist reasoning which I think isn't compatible to nationalism.
    These arguments I find very intriguing and very false, we are all here by free choice and individual thought and choice . Unless someone is holding a gun to your head every word you type or thought you think of is done by you as an individual. You are nationalist by individual choice, you are a racial preservationist by individual choice, you are whatever religion and whether someone likes or dislikes tattoos is an individual choice, nothing more and nothing less. However you cross the line into snobbery when you start calling people trash or whores because they have tattoos. Further I should not have to explain to a staff member the importance of this part of the Skadi.net mission statement:

    Although we do not desire to define ourselves negatively, we, in light of reoccurring misunderstandings, desire to express clearly that Skadi Forum is not a white nationalist, white supremacist, (neo)-nazi, pan-European, pan-Aryan, or racist forum and that it considers such and similar unitizing, collectivist, totalitarian, oppressive and anti-pluralist ideas incompatible with our freedom-loving Germanic spirit and our diverse and enlightened Germanic societies.
    Quote Originally Posted by Huginn ok Muninn
    So now you're inferring that someone who opposes beautiful women defacing their bodies for life is probably kissing Israeli ass? Now just who here do you think is stupid and subservient enough to just buy that chain of reasoning, change their minds, and slavishly accept something they do not like just because Spear Brave said it makes them look like a Christian Zionist to have that opinon?
    No! This is just you trying to put words into my mouth and take things out of context, nice try though but you have to do far better than this.

    Do you have some evidence of this? The only tattooed European mummy I've heard of was Ötzi the iceman, and he pre-dated Germanic culture by at least 2000 years. I found this account from an Arab trader, but it sounds dubious: https://www.historyonthenet.com/viki...orical-or-not/ ... Whatever. We have a tattoo culture in America (which has now spread to Europe) because American servicemen brought them back from ASIA and POLYNESIA after WW2. So what you're really defending is something you had done because someone else had had one done and so forth until you hit a Samoan or a Maori or maybe a Japanese.
    Did you just watch the history channel or did you actually do any research on the history of tattoos and tattooing before making such statements. Do you know besides Ötzi there are bog mummies from Germany and Denmark, never mind the other Indo-European examples from Russia. It is also documented that most crown heads of Europe had tattoos including George II, Kaiser Wilhelm and Czar Nicholas II. Tattooing was a US naval tradition at least since the 1790 when US sailors would tattoo themselves to avoid impressment by British navy before the war of 1812. Tattooing has always been popular in Germany the first professional tattooist in America in the 1860s was a German immigrant, where did he learn his craft? Most common early tattoos were actual Christian symbols, so that incase of death it would help insure a Christian burial right.

    Quote Originally Posted by Huginn ok Muninn
    Do you value tattooing more than you do your own people? I don't see anyone calling you scum for having tattoos, but those of us who hate tattoos have just as much right or duty to use peer pressure to discourage tattooing as others do to encourage it.
    Not as much as you value hating your own people, I do however value free speech, thought and expression above all else. You must not have read through this thread very well including your words and thoughts expressed. There are people in this world that are both Germanic preservationist and very finically secure that have tattoos, myself included in this, yet we have so called nationalist throwing these people to the wayside for their own individual personal choices or what they fantasize about is some kind of far fetched pure idea, that is truly the disgusting tone of some members here.
    Life is like a fire hydrant- sometimes you help people put out their fires, but most of the time you just get peed on by every dog in the neighborhood.

  12. #527
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Last Online
    2 Weeks Ago @ 12:58 AM
    Ethnicity
    Ethnicity
    Ancestry
    Ancestry
    Gender
    Age
    37
    Posts
    2,127
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    1,488
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    130
    Thanked in
    108 Posts
    LOL @ SpearBrave trying to censor disagreement about tattoos by misapplication of the rules, after first bashing Christianity regarding tattoos. Baarin and H&M are not Bible thumpers either. This proves there is no religious conspiracy. My grandfather, I love very much and passed away 12 years ago, had a "Devil Dog" tattoo from his USMC service, but while I don't look negatively upon him for it, it is certainly true that he didn't have to get it. After all, he didn't retire in the service, just did one enlistment and moved on. It could have been a rite of passage and souvenir, but he was something of a bad-ass and my father likewise--he likes to ride Harleys and always said he wanted to go sky-diving. I don't have any tattoos or motorcycles and haven't sky-dived, but am something of a "hell of a fellow" myself. I have worn the camouflage face paint when in uniform and if my wife wore henna I wouldn't mind. I'm not interested in spending money on a motorcycle (I prefer a quad or tripod for mudding), but would ride one again if somebody let me use theirs. I've jumped out of trees and off rooftops, but I think I would prefer hang-gliding than simply free-falling (unless I was returning to Earth in a space capsule). So, in my familial experience, tattoos partly serve to prove something. I don't feel like I need to get one to prove anything. Temporary tattoos were always lame as a kid and I don't need an expensive lame vandalism of my skin when I'm rocking on the porch at 90 years old. If I could get it removed, why bother?

  13. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Rodskarl Dubhgall For This Useful Post:


  14. #528
    Proffessional Hickerbilly
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

    SpearBrave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    American of German decent
    Ancestry
    Bavaria/Switzerland
    Country
    Other Other
    State
    Kentucky Kentucky
    Location
    Central
    Gender
    Age
    53
    Zodiac Sign
    Libra
    Family
    Married
    Occupation
    Kunstschmiede
    Politics
    Self-Reliance
    Religion
    Asatru
    Posts
    4,573
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    2,794
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    1,313
    Thanked in
    610 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Baorn View Post
    LOL @ SpearBrave trying to censor disagreement about tattoos by misapplication of the rules, after first bashing Christianity regarding tattoos. Baarin and H&M are not Bible thumpers either. This proves there is no religious conspiracy. My grandfather, I love very much and passed away 12 years ago, had a "Devil Dog" tattoo from his USMC service, but while I don't look negatively upon him for it, it is certainly true that he didn't have to get it. After all, he didn't retire in the service, just did one enlistment and moved on. It could have been a rite of passage and souvenir, but he was something of a bad-ass and my father likewise--he likes to ride Harleys and always said he wanted to go sky-diving. I don't have any tattoos or motorcycles and haven't sky-dived, but am something of a "hell of a fellow" myself. I have worn the camouflage face paint when in uniform and if my wife wore henna I wouldn't mind. I'm not interested in spending money on a motorcycle (I prefer a quad or tripod for mudding), but would ride one again if somebody let me use theirs. I've jumped out of trees and off rooftops, but I think I would prefer hang-gliding than simply free-falling (unless I was returning to Earth in a space capsule). So, in my familial experience, tattoos partly serve to prove something. I don't feel like I need to get one to prove anything. Temporary tattoos were always lame as a kid and I don't need an expensive lame vandalism of my skin when I'm rocking on the porch at 90 years old. If I could get it removed, why bother?
    Sorry, but you misread my post. I am not using the mission statement as any form to justify tattoos, only reminding someone on staff that individualism and free thought are a very large part of this forum, something that is often forgotten here. Staff members often guide the directions of forums within the confines of the mission statement, its when they step over that line that I have problem. I personally would never be part of any forum that discussed politics or religion without free speech and free thought.

    No, you don't have to be Christian to be a prude either. I am thoroughly against anyone who wants to kill free speech. Tattoos really have as much to do with Germanic culture as anything else, if you don't like them fine, if you do fine......just don't call people whores or trash because they have them it is very insulting and yes I take it personal as most people I know have tattoos and are Germanic.
    Life is like a fire hydrant- sometimes you help people put out their fires, but most of the time you just get peed on by every dog in the neighborhood.

  15. The Following User Says Thank You to SpearBrave For This Useful Post:


  16. #529
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Last Online
    2 Weeks Ago @ 12:58 AM
    Ethnicity
    Ethnicity
    Ancestry
    Ancestry
    Gender
    Age
    37
    Posts
    2,127
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    1,488
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    130
    Thanked in
    108 Posts
    I would not say that tattoos belong to any culture, any more than drunkenness. Free speech means accepting criticism, not just dishing it.

  17. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Rodskarl Dubhgall For This Useful Post:


  18. #530
    Secure a future for Germanic children
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

    Bärin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    German
    Country
    Germany Germany
    State
    Berlin Berlin
    Gender
    Age
    29
    Family
    Married parent
    Occupation
    Mother
    Politics
    National Communism
    Religion
    Atheism
    Posts
    1,902
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    119
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    327
    Thanked in
    126 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SpearBrave View Post
    Indo-Europeans and especially Germanics have always been a free thinking and freedom loving people, yet judging by some of the prudish views expressed here you might think otherwise.
    This is liberal bullsh*t, Germanic societies have always had restrictions. Free speech is a new concept, introduced in the enlightenement era, guess by who. The same people who introduced "liberty, equality, fraternity". Before liberalism infected Europe, Germanics lived in non-democratic societies. There was no universal suffrage, and no nonsensical "human rights" like the "right" to abort or miscegenate, many people had their marriages arranged by their parents, homosexuality, prostitution and drugs were illegal, people practiced eugenics, and people who committed heinous crimes were punished by the death penalty. Borders were closed, not open, and there were no elections or universal suffrage, where any idiot could vote for any idiocy.

    The fact is, democracy is a mob rule, and some people are too stupid to be given the freedom to govern themselves, just look at what they've done since they've been given the freedom to mix with whomever they want. Free speech fosters an irrational sense of worth for bad ideas. Some ideas are too dangerous, disgusting or abhorrent (antigermanicism, anti-family, child free, feminism) that they should be regulatedand censored. In the worst case, it leads to the undermining and destruction of Germanic identity, because people decide to divive themselves into humans and world citizens. Or create local separatist movements which destroy the nation in many pieces. Free speech has most often, and for good reason, not existed in Germanic societies, for the majority of its history.

    The big shame is this very site is based on free speech.
    That doesn't mean that every member is forced to agree with the philosophy of free speech. In fact, if you love free speech so much, you should stop complaining about others expressing their views. They're only using the free speech, just as you.

    btw-yes it is my body and my rules, and may the gods be damned if you can prove that differently!
    There are no gods, only your philosophy of hedonism. A racemixer or abortionist also says my body my rules. Do you support them? And before you say "no", remember it's their body, their rules! Stop being so judgmental.

    These arguments I find very intriguing and very false, we are all here by free choice and individual thought and choice . Unless someone is holding a gun to your head every word you type or thought you think of is done by you as an individual. You are nationalist by individual choice, you are a racial preservationist by individual choice, you are whatever religion and whether someone likes or dislikes tattoos is an individual choice, nothing more and nothing less.
    It's not about being an individual, it's about the ideology of individualism. Which promotes putting your own self and preferences in the center of everything, and before anything else, including and especially the good of your nation and fellow Germanics. What's more important to you, tattoos or Germanic preservation?

    I do however value free speech, thought and expression above all else.
    Including Germanic preservation? Well, that's what I mean by individualism.

  19. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bärin For This Useful Post:


Similar Threads

  1. Reformed Skinhead Endures Agony to Remove Tattoos
    By Horagalles in forum The United States
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: Wednesday, November 2nd, 2011, 02:39 PM
  2. Did Ancient Germanics Have Tattoos?
    By Waelwulf in forum Germanic & Indo-Germanic Origins
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: Tuesday, October 11th, 2011, 05:26 PM
  3. U.S. Marines Boot Recruits with Confederate Tattoos
    By Æmeric in forum The United States
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: Monday, May 17th, 2010, 09:31 PM
  4. Britney Spears Shaved Own Head, Then Got Tattoos
    By White_One in forum Fashion & Beauty
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: Monday, February 19th, 2007, 08:06 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •