View Poll Results: Do you think tattoos are aesthetical?

Voters
49. You may not vote on this poll
  • I think it looks good on both men and women.

9 18.37%
  • I don’t think it looks good on either gender.

21 42.86%
  • I think it looks good on men but not on women.

2 4.08%
  • I think it looks good on women but not on men.

0 0%
  • Other(please elaborate)

17 34.69%
Page 55 of 57 FirstFirst ... 5455051525354555657 LastLast

Thread: Are Tattoos Aesthetical? What is Your Opinion?

Funding Member
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    German
    Country
    Other Other
    State
    Transylvania Transylvania
    Married
    Politics
    Ethnocentrism
    Religion
    Tradition
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    50 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SpearBrave View Post
    To all those that blather against tattoos above, I personally know very successful people with tattoos,
    Yes, and I know successful people with forked tongues. Nobody said that there aren't any.

I go back to my original statements that the difference between people with tattoos and those who do is that tattooed people don't care if don't have them. I don't personally don't mind if you don't like tattoos, but please don't insult people that do which many of you have to the point it is shameful to yourselves.
    The only one who insulted people is you. Go back and read your own posts, and read the rest. People criticized tattooing, and the principle behind it. You, on the other hand not only called us freaks and bible thumpers, you also called un-tattooed/Christian women whores.

btw-yes it is my body and my rules, and may the gods be damned if you can prove that differently!
    Consider the following scenario. You have a daughter, or sister, or friend, or acquaintance, named Anna, who is brought up with this philosophy. After Anna turns 21, she decides that she wants to become a nude/webcam model, and masurbate on camera for money. You tell her this isn't a good choice for a career, and degrading towards her body, but she tells you it is her body, and her rules. What's more, she also drinks a lot and decides to take drugs, to help her ease up into the experience, and lose inhibitions. You tell her that drugs have potential for addiction and can harm her body, but she tells you that it is her body and she can put whatever she wants in it. She tells you she's an adult, it's not your business, and to stop being so judgmental Anna makes some good money with her "skills", and seeing that, she decides to take it to the next level. Anna starts going out with men indiscriminately, and getting paid to keep them company or have sex with them. She also, out of curiosity experiments sex with other women. You tell her that she has the potential to become pregnant or catch a few STDs, but she tells you that it is her body, her rules. A couple of years later, Anna gives you a call and tells you that she decided to part ways with her former lifestyle, and is getting married and wants to have a normal family. You're glad to hear she is reformed, and wants some decent things in life. When you see her at dinner, she brings her husband to be along. Her husband to be is negro. Your jaw drops. You remind her what you used to teach her about race mixing, and how it's wrong, but she says she doesn't want to hear it, because it is her her life, her rules. Isn't that what you used to tell her after all? And now you tell her she can't marry the love of her life? Anna leaves with her husband to be, but invites you to her wedding nonetheless, hoping you can at least agree to disagree. After all, you may not agree with her choices, but you surely agree that it is her life and her rules. You refuse to attend the wedding. Anna is disappointed, and doesn't understand why you shut her out, after all she was only following the philosophy of free choice. Fastforward a few years, Anna divorces, no children. She makes contact with you again, telling you how it failed because he cheated on her, and you think to yourself, thankfully it's over. She tells you that this time she has a white partner, and asks if she can bring her partner home. You receive her with a sigh of relief, that this time it's no racial other. Anna comes and brings her partner, only that its's not a he - it's a she. You shake your head for another time, and remind her all that you taught her about homosexuality. Anna furiously cuts you off, but isn't it her life, her rules? Isn't she an individual, doesn't she have the right to do what she wants with it? Anna leaves, feeling unaccepted and shunned. She spends some time delving into the gay scene, where she finds acceptance. However, the relationship doesn't work. She finds, she doesn't know exactly what she wants. She starts going out with all sorts of people, and finally one day she rings you up, telling you she got married again, decent white guy, and has a beautiful baby boy. You're elated to see her son and new family. Things seem to be going well for a while. Then Anna's husband rings you up, telling you that Anna is pregnant again, but she does not want the baby. She has decided that she wants to go to work, and a newborn would interfere with that. The both of you try to stop Anna, but she tells you it is her body and her rules. Anna aborts. Her marriage is on the rocks after the abortion, and Anna finds that abortion has psychological consequences. She starts drinking and sleeping around. You tell her it's not the best idea, but she says it's her body, her rules. Her husband and her divorces and gets custody of the child. Anna decides to lose her faith in men and join the feminist movement. You tell her it's not the best idea, she tells you it's her life, her rules. By this time Anna is in her 40s, divorced twice, childless, but she's a staunch feminist with a well-paid job and career love those diversity quotas).

Anna lived by the philosphy her body/life, her rules. The moral of the story is, if you can do whatever you want with your body, and that is okay, then you can do whatever you want with your body - including sell it, denigrate it, and ultimately destroy it. And this is what many people are doing nowadays, especially people who are brought up as atheists, with no morals, in secular societies. Sweden, as someone recently posted, is the country in Western Europe where people are least likely to go to church. In Sweden, only 18% of the people believe in (a) God. Incidentally, all of the thing mentioned in Anna's example run rampant in such societies.

Now pretend for a moment that you have Anna in front of you now, how do you respond each time she defends her poor choices with "my body, my rules"?

Those who oppose tattooing are usually of the judeo-christian faith,
    The only people who use the term "Judeo-Christian" are alt-right zionists. Spare us this made up, politically correct and ahistorical term. "Judeo-" anything has nothing to do with Christian faith.

The Myth of a Judeo-Christian Tradition

Indo-Europeans and especially Germanics have always been a free thinking and freedom loving people, yet judging by some of the prudish views expressed here you might think otherwise.
    Actually, the "prudish" views expressed here show that Germanics aren't sheep and neither politically correct. Modern, mainstream society is in favor of tattoos, a good number of Germanics show these modern trends the middle finger. I'd say that's a healthy sign of free thought. Otherwise, we'd all worry about saying something offensive and every thread would have nice little rainbows and unicorns.

no wonder I visit here less and less, same goes with my periodic donations
    Maybe you'd like a politically correct forum better then, where no criticism of anything is allowed?

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bleyer For This Useful Post:

Funding Member
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-Canadian
    Ancestry
    Anglo-Norman & German
    Country
    Canada Canada
    Libertarian
    Religion
    Heathen
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    59 Posts
    I think it depends on the tattoo, model and reasoning. A Thor's Hammer can mean many things. Some Heathens wear it to connect with their ancestral faith. Unfortunately, I've seen many people who use the Thor's hammer as a fashion statement, who have nothing to do with our faith, even non-Germanics. For women, I'd say keep it small and/or concealed. Tattoos on the chest and lower back can look pretty bad. Shoulder, backside or wrist can look better. Tattoos on men can look manly, if well made, if poorly made, they can make him look like he came from prison or some boat, epsecially those blueish ones, mermaids, women, etc. Anything on the face takes away from the natural beauty, I think. Some people tattoo their eyes... well the eyes are a window to the soul. Some women tattoo their eyebrows or permanent makeup.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Norman Pride For This Useful Post:

Account Inactive
    Last Online
    Wednesday, July 11th, 2018 @ 05:09 AM
    Ethnicity
    Ethnicity
    Ancestry
    Ancestry
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    106 Posts
    SpearBrave, this is not a religious, political or ethnic issue, but an aesthetic one. Both pagans and Christians get tattoos. Both leftists and rightists get tattoos. All ethnic groups and races get tattoos. Then again, in addition to tattoos, there's gambling and substance abuse worldwide...

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Rodskarl Dubhgall For This Useful Post:

Proffessional Hickerbilly
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    @
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    American of German decent
    Ancestry
    Bavaria/Switzerland
    Country
    Other Other
    State
    Kentucky Kentucky
    Zodiac Sign
    Libra
    Family
    Married
    Occupation
    Kunstschmiede
    Politics
    Self-Reliance
    Religion
    Asatru
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    608 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Baorn View Post
    SpearBrave, this is not a religious, political or ethnic issue, but an aesthetic one. Both pagans and Christians get tattoos. Both leftists and rightists get tattoos. All ethnic groups and races get tattoos. Then again, in addition to tattoos, there's gambling and substance abuse worldwide...
    Again, I really don't care if someone dislikes tattoos, but don't go calling your fellow people trash, whores or worse because they have them.
    Life is like a fire hydrant- sometimes you help people put out their fires, but most of the time you just get peed on by every dog in the neighborhood.

Account Inactive
    Last Online
    Wednesday, July 11th, 2018 @ 05:09 AM
    Ethnicity
    Ethnicity
    Ancestry
    Ancestry
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    106 Posts
    It's already been pointed out that you're a hypocrite and have no room to talk about character assassination. Quit taking it so personally. I came up with a joke the other day:

Q: "What's the first thing you ask a tattoo artist, before getting needlework done in a parlor?"

A: "How many tramps have you stamped?"

Get over it.

Anachronism "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ancestry
    Germany, Norway, England
    Subrace
    Nordeby
    Country
    United States United States
    State
    Texas Texas
    Leo
    Family
    Single adult
    Politics
    Farther right than you.
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    351 Posts
    Again, I really don't care if someone dislikes tattoos, but don't go calling your fellow people trash, whores or worse because they have them.
    If you're referring to me or anyone else, please include the quote, because calling a practice "trashy" or even saying that "tattoos look trashy" and that "whores often get them" is absolutely not the same as saying that "everyone with a tattoo is trash" or "a whore."

Or maybe it's you who has trouble reading, or cannot make an argument about this without creating straw men to attack.
    Most people think as they are trained to think, and most people make a majority.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Huginn ok Muninn For This Useful Post:

Proffessional Hickerbilly
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    @
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    American of German decent
    Ancestry
    Bavaria/Switzerland
    Country
    Other Other
    State
    Kentucky Kentucky
    Zodiac Sign
    Libra
    Family
    Married
    Occupation
    Kunstschmiede
    Politics
    Self-Reliance
    Religion
    Asatru
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    608 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Huginn ok Muninn View Post
    If you're referring to me or anyone else, please include the quote, because calling a practice "trashy" or even saying that "tattoos look trashy" and that "whores often get them" is absolutely not the same as saying that "everyone with a tattoo is trash" or "a whore."

Or maybe it's you who has trouble reading, or cannot make an argument about this without creating straw men to attack.
    I think I have proven my points very well that you and other members here are prudes and insulting your fellow Germanics with tattoos otherwise it would not have generated the responses that it did.

This is where you are wrong when you say something such as an act is trashy, then it automatically implies that the person doing such acts is trash. There are many ways to say something without actually saying it, you and I both know this as do most people that can read or write or speak. By using such statements it includes everybody that does the specific practice that is mentioned, even when you make statements such "wearing lipstick" is trashy it implies all women that wear lipstick are trashy. No, I'm not the only one reading this way either, in fact it was pointed out to me by female that will not join here, but often reads.

Your straw man attacks about individual freedom of speech or expression are noted above, or will they get deleted as well.
    Life is like a fire hydrant- sometimes you help people put out their fires, but most of the time you just get peed on by every dog in the neighborhood.

Funding Member
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    German
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts
    This is where you are wrong when you say something such as an act is trashy, then it automatically implies that the person doing such acts is trash.
    No, it does not. At least not in Europe. As Siebenbürgerin said, a decent woman can wear trashy clothes and look trashy in them, eventhough she isn't. I've seen many young women dressing like that, because of peer pressure and the image pushed by the media, and if a friend of mine wore such an outfit and asked me how it looked on her, I'd tell her that the outfit looks cheap. In Europe, hardly anyone would confuse the difference.

Like clothes, tattoos can also look cheap, just as they can look classy. It totally depends on the style.

This is okay:

This looks cheap:

Is the woman wearing it a slut? I don't know. But she definitely looks trashy.
    "Tradition doesn't mean holding on to the ashes, it means passing the torch."
    - Thomas Morus (1478-1535)

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Schmetterling For This Useful Post:

Funding Member
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    Monday, March 18th, 2019 @ 10:58 AM
    Ethnicity
    Hellenic
    Ancestry
    75% Hellenic. 25% Anglosaxon
    Subrace
    Noric
    Country
    Other Other
    Family
    In a steady relationship
    Religion
    Still searching
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts
    It's so funny that only two days after posting in this thread, my mum announced me that she's just had a tatoo She's 65.

I was shocked and at a loss of words, at first. She didn't even do something aesthetically pleasing and she picked a very visible spot as well. I think it's horrendous, but it pleases her so much and makes her feel younger, bad-ass and cool so I have to go along with it. So that's what a late-life crisis looks like. Now I can only hope that she won't start riding Harleys or bring home some teenage boyfriend

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Blood_Axis For This Useful Post:

Last Online
    3 Weeks Ago @ 10:13 PM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-American
    Ancestry
    German, Irish
    Country
    United States United States
    State
    Michigan Michigan
    Married
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    I appreciate a tattoo with meaning. Not decorative.
    "Do not confuse "duty" with what other people expect of you; they are utterly different. Duty is a debt you owe to yourself to fulfill obligations you have assumed voluntarily. Paying that debt can entail anything from years of patient work to instant willingness to die. Difficult it may be, but the reward is self-respect."