Ecological Geniocracy
    Religion
    Vedic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    109 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Catterick View Post
    Small minds discuss people, mediocre minds discuss events, and great minds discuss ideas.
    That's the thing... But when you point this out to small minds, they can't see it and only get "offended".

Quote Originally Posted by Chlodovech View Post
    the famous YouTuber Roaming Millennial, a super girly girl who you wouldn't ever expect to hang out with far right radicals, recently interviewed Richard Spencer.
    She's half-Chinese (it's the Alt Right after all).

Funding Member
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-Canadian
    Ancestry
    Anglo-Norman & German
    Country
    Canada Canada
    Libertarian
    Religion
    Heathen
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    59 Posts
    First of all you should source that quote since it was not your own, but Henry Thomas Buckle's.

But if we want to generalise, both great and small minds discuss all three. There are great people and poor ideas for example, even geniuses like to indulge in gossip, there are scientists who observe people etc. They are all interconnected, people get ideas from discussing events and other people. Ideas are represented by people in events.

Discussing your alledged great intelligence can be personal and subjective, since it has more emotional attachment to it. But hey, whatever makes people feel better about themselves and get a sense of superiority over others...

Last Online
    Thursday, September 7th, 2017 @ 01:29 AM
    Ethnicity
    Mixed Germanic and Celtic
    Ancestry
    British Isles & Scandinavia
    Subrace
    Borreby x Nordic
    Country
    Other Other
    Single adult
    Occupation
    Gondolier
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts
    My point was not the heirarchy of peoples minds but the level of conversations. Even disccusiion of people, supposedly the lowest tier, may turn highbrow though usually it doesn't. Most people including intelligent folk do not think deeply about concepts and consequences preferring instead the shallower easier level most of the time. If you think about it the responses to the saying demonstrate my own point. As regards any kind of online communities depth is surely the measure of quality else it becomes like Tumblr or Facebook used to broadcast simple thoughts. What is the point of forums if the content feels like normie social media? This is prety much why I'm leaving the entire net save for one or two checks a day. That and personal health problems that make my temper obnoxious lately.) Although the internet is awash with data its unstimulating so I check for new science and humanities papers and that's about it. I am obviously addicted but I don't get much out of time on the net.

Last Online
    14 Minutes Ago @ 01:52 AM
    Ethnicity
    Flemish
    Ancestry
    Frankish
    Country
    Holy Roman Empire Holy Roman Empire
    Völkisch traditionalist
    Religion
    Catholic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,098 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ahnenerbe View Post
    T
    She's obviously not fully Europid, it's not a disadvantage though, in a way it's a good thing - she can reach out to a different audience than let's say Skadi. Roaming Millennial isn't alt-right as such, BTW, but she sparks debate. For someone who is not of Germanic or European descent she talks a lot about issues the alt-right discusses. Some Black Guy, another non-Europid YouTuber, also has no problem with Richard Spencer.

The left is pretty weak on YouTube (probably because YT requires one to be creative and skilled, unlike Twitter). Libertarians/"islamophobes" and the alt-lite and alt-right are very strong on YT and dominate the place.

That's the thing... But when you point this out to small minds, they can't see it and only get "offended"
    Why limit yourself to ideas if you're capable of doing more? It seems like selfimposed impoverishment. People and politics are part of the world we inhabit.

I can imagine dry scholarly types only discussing ideas, which is okay - but a man of action or a militant is or should be capable of more. I find Hitler the man more valuable and interesting than Spengler - for instance - the latter was only able to discuss ideas but not implement them. It's obvious who had the bigger impact on reality of the two of them.
    “Remember that all worlds draw to an end and that noble death is a treasure which no-one is too poor to buy.” - C. S. Lewis, The Last Battle

Last Online
    3 Weeks Ago @ 04:34 PM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    German
    Ancestry
    Donauschwaben
    Subrace
    Keltic nordid/Alpinid
    State
    Danube Swabian Community Danube Swabian Community
    Zodiac Sign
    Aquarius
    Family
    Single parent
    Occupation
    Mad scientist
    Politics
    Politically incorrect
    Religion
    Heathen
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    114 Posts
    @Catterick

Ah, so... If I start posting massive amount of scientific articles about some protein-protein interaction, or whatever, that will make this forum super-high-brow?
    And should I then start to talk bull about people because they don't find it to be very interesting to them? Does that make things better?

Perhaps you just have too much time on your hand, and no clear direction in life.
    Lieber tot als Sklave!

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Ancestry
    Subrace
    Borreby x Nordic
    Country
    Other Other
    Single adult
    Occupation
    Gondolier
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mööv View Post
    @Catterick

Ah, so... If I start posting massive amount of scientific articles about some protein-protein interaction, or whatever, that will make this forum super-high-brow?
    And should I then start to talk bull about people because they don't find it to be very interesting to them? Does that make things better?

Perhaps you just have too much time on your hand, and no clear direction in life.
    I agree I have nothing to do even here and I had no direction in life. But I still say people who object to highbrow content whilst demanding quality over quantity are like people who demand their favourite media be treated as art then look down at people who appreciate Shakespeare or watch arthouse cinema. This is what gets my back up especially when I am accused of not posting about Germanic heritage because threads I made about it are ignored. I thought I had explained this in the other thread.

Last Online
    3 Weeks Ago @ 04:34 PM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    German
    Ancestry
    Donauschwaben
    Subrace
    Keltic nordid/Alpinid
    State
    Danube Swabian Community Danube Swabian Community
    Zodiac Sign
    Aquarius
    Family
    Single parent
    Occupation
    Mad scientist
    Politics
    Politically incorrect
    Religion
    Heathen
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    114 Posts
    Well, you just pasted a bunch of text, didn't say anything and then wondered why no-one else does. We can't just go copy-pasting the whole internet here without adding anything to it and then wonder why people don't bother reading and/or replying to such threads.
    And 90% of such threads you made were about what 13th century Eskimos had for lunch on a cold summer day, and stuff like that.
    You want to have interesting high-brow conversations? Fine. Put an effort to it then. Make it inviting.
    Lieber tot als Sklave!

Funding Member
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-Canadian
    Ancestry
    Anglo-Norman & German
    Country
    Canada Canada
    Libertarian
    Religion
    Heathen
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    59 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Catterick View Post
    My point was not the heirarchy of peoples minds but the level of conversations. Even disccusiion of people, supposedly the lowest tier, may turn highbrow though usually it doesn't. Most people including intelligent folk do not think deeply about concepts and consequences preferring instead the shallower easier level most of the time. If you think about it the responses to the saying demonstrate my own point. As regards any kind of online communities depth is surely the measure of quality else it becomes like Tumblr or Facebook used to broadcast simple thoughts. What is the point of forums if the content feels like normie social media? This is prety much why I'm leaving the entire net save for one or two checks a day. That and personal health problems that make my temper obnoxious lately.) Although the internet is awash with data its unstimulating so I check for new science and humanities papers and that's about it. I am obviously addicted but I don't get much out of time on the net.
    Again it depends on the angle from which you see it. If you take criticism personally, you will feel addressed however, if you see the bigger picture you will see it in relation to a principle/concept/idea.

Anyway, "highbrow discussion" has to be initiated, like any discussion for that matter. Articles or book excerpts might be highbrow, but copy and pasting bulks of them might not have the desired effect.

If you give someone a book they might read it, but if you want to create discussion about it, you ask people specific questions or make a specific statement about the book, break the ice somehow. Like someone else here said, engage the reader but also make your own comments and ask your own questions.

Anyway, the sources should also be mentioned when you quote someone else's work, failing to do so might account to what is called plagiarism in highbrow settings.

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Ancestry
    Subrace
    Borreby x Nordic
    Country
    Other Other
    Single adult
    Occupation
    Gondolier
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Norman Pride View Post
    Anyway, the sources should also be mentioned when you quote someone else's work, failing to do so might account to what is called plagiarism in highbrow settings.
    Old fashioned: if someone wants more information they may Google it now we all have broadband web access. Only especially obscure information needs citation nowadays. Plagiarism is not repeating ideas, but passing them off as your own (ie. experiment results, whole pieces of texts).

Last Online
    14 Minutes Ago @ 01:52 AM
    Ethnicity
    Flemish
    Ancestry
    Frankish
    Country
    Holy Roman Empire Holy Roman Empire
    Völkisch traditionalist
    Religion
    Catholic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,098 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ahnenerbe View Post
    I just came across a chan I never saw before on YT, the young lady in question only recently started uploading political videos. Stell Bell embodies the wonderful YT developments I speak of. She took the alt-right's red pill and now she's red pilling others herself.

“Remember that all worlds draw to an end and that noble death is a treasure which no-one is too poor to buy.” - C. S. Lewis, The Last Battle

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast