Subrace
    Keltic Nordid-CM
    Religion of the Blood
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    184 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Þoreiðar View Post
    Because the alternative is sharing our communities with sick and desperate individuals, who have no means of producing their own income, ultimately leading to crime and theft committed against the wider society. Alternative to that, one could simply shoot them on sight, but that brings a plethora of other moral qualms into the picture.
    Well, no, we shouldn’t have to live together with them but neither would I want to shoot them of course. Death sentence should always be reserved for those who actively act against the community and harm others directly and severely.

Of course I’m speaking quite general and we should always look at the precise circumstances because there are always some who aren’t to blame themselves because they’re too young, were forced to become addicts(as happens often with prostitutes) etc.
    In general it should be looked at, if there’s any chance of reforming these people and if they’re worth the effort in a simple cost–benefit analysis.

Real “junkies”, however, should be identified, placed into a boot camp, though not an actual “prison” where they are shown some discipline and made to work for their upkeep in one form or another.
    They should not be pampered, although, not tortured either, there but kept on the basic needs, which could even entail getting their drugs if they’re physically dependant on it.

If they work productively and better themselves, they gradually get better living conditions and eventually get out if they’re able to live without drugs.
    At least it should be a zero-sum game for the community, in any case and not take anything away from those that actually deserve it.
    That’s how it should be done with actual common criminals, too but harsher.
    "Man kann sich heute nicht in Gesellschaft um Deutschland bemühen; man muss es einsam tun wie ein Mensch, der mit seinem Buschmesser im Urwald Bresche schlägt und den nur die Hoffnung erhält, dass irgendwo im Dickicht andere an der gleichen Arbeit sind." - Ernst Jünger

Ancient DNA: List of All Studies analyzing DNA of Ancient Tribes and Ethnicities(post-2010)

Funding Member
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-American
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    81 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Juthunge View Post
    But do we have to understand and, especially, help them in the first place? Drug addiction is essentially simply being too weak to cope with life. Yes, sometimes, often even, the environment plays a huge role but taking drugs is still a conscious choice, you won't get immediately addicted from doing it once. Some do it, a lot don’t, even under the same circumstances. The latter deserve our sympathies, not the former.

I don’t really see, why we should waste resources, be it time, money or nerves, on them, that could benefit those that deserve it far more, like children or elders who have brought up children, worked all their life, contributed to society and payed their taxes or simply adults, that get severly ill or lose their job through no fault of their own.
    Anything you give to the former you take from the latter, as all resources are finite. So we should choose wisely what we do with it.

It’s the basic problem of modern society, excusing anything, blaming it on environment, abuse or genetics and acting as though no free will exists.
    Well if we're talking about folks who are addicted to opiates, most folks who get addicted to them usually start with prescription drugs (Percocet, Oxycontin, Oxycodone etc.) which are taken for pain. If folks have to do a longer treatment they will become physically addicted to the medication and enter some sort of withdrawal if they stop. So I dunno if I can really blame those folks for being addicted to drugs.

As for folks experimenting out of curiosity, some do it out of peer pressure. But opiates aren't a "fun" drug, like cocaine or ecstasy. Usually folks who start sniffing or smoking some dope become calm and mellow, so probably it's folks who are either too stressed or too hyper. Many celebs get addicted to it, probably start it to come with the pressure and busy life.

Funding Member
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    German
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Blod og Jord View Post
    Bärin, there are drug addicts from all social classes, there are doctor, engineer and lawyer drug addicts, and there are millionaire and celebrity drug addicts who live glamorous lifestyles.
    Indeed, it's a complex problem encompassing all walks of life.

The other thing is, I don't think too many restrictions work. It seems a lot of people here want to restrict this and that, and shape society according to their personal views. That's idealistic, but reality is that the main profiteers from the drug war are the dealers. Most restrictions we have nowadays are politically motivated and have an agenda, and the agenda isn't our wellbeing...
    "Tradition doesn't mean holding on to the ashes, it means passing the torch."
    - Thomas Morus (1478-1535)

Mein Glaube ist die Liebe zu meinem Volk. Juthunge's Avatar
    Last Online
    23 Minutes Ago @ 08:03 PM
    Ethnicity
    German
    Ancestry
    German
    Subrace
    Keltic Nordid-CM
    Religion of the Blood
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    184 Posts
    We all on here want to shape society according to our “personal” views because if we were content, we wouldn’t be here. No one ever said, dealers shouldn’t be combated, too, though, but in the end, drug use is a question of supply and demand, so you also have to combat both.
    At least, if you think it’s detrimental at all.

But I sort of have the feeling, that we are speaking about different kinds of drug users anyway.
    I’m not at all speaking about people that are dependent on drugs but function normally, I couldn’t care less about that, it’s their personal problem. But I think the latter are rather the exception than the rule, which are those that fail at everything and are burden on the rest of us.

Restrictions are needed in all functioning societies, in any case, it’s just the question what they entail and who enforces them to what end.
    "Man kann sich heute nicht in Gesellschaft um Deutschland bemühen; man muss es einsam tun wie ein Mensch, der mit seinem Buschmesser im Urwald Bresche schlägt und den nur die Hoffnung erhält, dass irgendwo im Dickicht andere an der gleichen Arbeit sind." - Ernst Jünger

Ancient DNA: List of All Studies analyzing DNA of Ancient Tribes and Ethnicities(post-2010)

Funding Member
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    German
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts
    Well, if placing them in prison would solve the problem I wouldn't complain.

However, it doesn't. Drug users who hit rock bottom do it because they can't get their drug on a stable and constant basis. That is where all the robbing, violence, prostitution, etc. comes from.

I'd prefer my taxes to be invested in a clinic that serves them the drug in a controlled environment, than to jailing them or sending them to "boot camps". That only makes them suffer (withdrawals, depression) and when they get out they're likely to do the drugs again.

So from a moral point of view, I don't care if someone smokes marijuana or shoots heroin, as long as that person keeps a normal life otherwise. Currently, drug users can't do that because of the drug laws. Keeping or tightening the laws will probably just worsen the situation.
    "Tradition doesn't mean holding on to the ashes, it means passing the torch."
    - Thomas Morus (1478-1535)

Proffessional Hickerbilly
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    @
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    American of German decent
    Ancestry
    Bavaria/Switzerland
    Country
    Other Other
    State
    Kentucky Kentucky
    Zodiac Sign
    Libra
    Family
    Married
    Occupation
    Kunstschmiede
    Politics
    Self-Reliance
    Religion
    Asatru
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    604 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Juthunge View Post
    We all on here want to shape society according to our “personal” views because if we were content, we wouldn’t be here. No one ever said, dealers shouldn’t be combated, too, though, but in the end, drug use is a question of supply and demand, so you also have to combat both. #
    At least, if you think it’s detrimental at all.
    Make no mistake illegal drug use id big business, but for whom?

I don't know about the rest of the world, but in the US the so called war on drugs is a farce. I'm not condoning drug use, but it must be pointed out that it creates billions of dollars in revenue for the US government in taxes and court cost, just think about. I know a former drug dealer and they always called the first of the month "payday" his underlings fronted the drugs out and collected the money when people got their welfare check. These drug doers when eventually get caught and sometimes the dealers and they would go to court several time until the criminal justice system squeezed all their money and finally the would end up in prison. It is a non-stop circle and I don't offer any answers other than good parenting and to brake cultural marxism.
    Life is like a fire hydrant- sometimes you help people put out their fires, but most of the time you just get peed on by every dog in the neighborhood.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123