Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Switzerland Ideal Example? Creating a Successful Country Governance Model

Funding Member
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-American
    Ancestry
    Northern German, Scandinavian
    Subrace
    Nordid
    Country
    Norway Norway
    Politics
    Classic Liberalism
    Religion
    Agnosticism
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts

Switzerland: Family Men Still Win the Bread

Family men still win the bread

Uneven income distribution between men and women remains a major challenge in balancing work and life within Swiss families, a study has revealed.

The survey released on Thursday by the Swiss Association of Commercial Employees says that in typical families, men are overwhelmingly the breadwinners.

In only four per cent of families do both partners work part-time.

According to the Federal Statistics Office, 76 per cent of men and 60 per cent of women worked in 2007. However, while 11 per cent of men held part-time jobs, the figure was over 50 per cent for women.

The association said that families suffer when men, who usually earn higher wages, opt for part-time employment; the lower-paid woman worker usually has to work more to compensate, or the family is forced to cut the budget.

Finding childcare is a difficulty for families in which both partners want to work full-time. The association says it is tricky to find in many companies, and has encouraged employees to incorporate childcare into wage negotiations.

Part-time employees are also at a pension disadvantage, the association said.

http://www.swissinfo.org/eng/news/bu...11320000&ty=nd

Die Sonne scheint noch.

Last Online
    Wednesday, May 18th, 2016 @ 02:34 AM
    Ethnicity
    Acadian
    Country
    United States United States
    State
    Pennsylvania Pennsylvania
    Politics
    Old Stock Nativism
    Religion
    Heathen Theosophy
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    I've been the sold bread winner for my family ever since my wife gave birth to our son three years ago, and I wouldn't have it any other way. I think that it's the duty of the mother to stay home with the child until he or she is of school age at least. That necessarily follows that the father must step up and be able to provide for everyone. This was actually the primary factor in my enlistment with the Army. It's a shame that this type of traditional household is a dying species in many areas of the US.
    "Ocean is more ancient than the mountains, and freighted with the memories and the dreams of Time."
    -H.P. Lovecraft

Last Online
    Wednesday, February 11th, 2009 @ 12:57 AM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    Irish and French
    Ancestry
    Ireland, France
    Country
    United States United States
    State
    Oregon Oregon
    Family
    Widowed
    Occupation
    Homemaker
    Politics
    Liberal (I know, I'm a rarity)
    Religion
    Agnostic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Psychonaut View Post
    I think that it's the duty of the mother to stay home with the child until he or she is of school age at least.
    I wholeheartedly agree with you. It saddens me that so many children go into childcare not because their mother chooses to work outside their home but because the family is unable to survive on one income.

I would step up that figure and say that children need a mother's full time support until they are out of middle school at least.

Last Online
    Sunday, March 21st, 2010 @ 11:21 PM
    Ethnicity
    Old Stock American
    Subrace
    Bruenn
    Country
    Confederate States Confederate States
    State
    Alabama Alabama
    Family
    I Love Him!
    Occupation
    Women-ness.
    Politics
    Liberal/Traditional
    Religion
    Spiritual
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by MamaMacK View Post
    I wholeheartedly agree with you. It saddens me that so many children go into childcare not because their mother chooses to work outside their home but because the family is unable to survive on one income.
    I agree. I must say too, it is so hard these days for any family to survive on one income since gas prices, groceries and just the whole thing of America falling to crap and making everything much harder. I have stayed home with my children through and through, and it has been wonderful.

Some mothers have absolutely no choice but to work. Even with a working husband, maybe they are the ones with the humongous homes, bran new cars and want to involve their children in every activity known to man. Other mothers I assume just live a middle class or low income life and work their *sses off to insure their child has everything they need and a little extra.

I also think children spending time away from their parents is a good thing too, such as head start/ mother's day out programs.

I guess every family has their own routine, and whatever works, works.
    "We've become a nation of strangers. There seems to be very little in common to bond us to our fellow Americans outside of our immediate families,some don't even have that to fall back on."

Funding Member
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-American
    Ancestry
    Subrace
    Nordid
    Country
    Norway Norway
    Politics
    Classic Liberalism
    Religion
    Agnosticism
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts

The Demographic Decline of Switzerland

Family-friendly cantons end birth rate decline

A handful of Swiss cantons has slowed trends in declining birth rates by improving child care facilities and offering higher family allowances, a study has found.

Giuliano Bonoli, of the Institute of Advanced Studies in Public Administration in Lausanne, reviewed changes in the birth rate in 26 cantons between 1980 to 2000, in a study published in the Journal of European Social Policy.

The cantons of Geneva, Vaud, Neuchâtel, Basel City and Zurich managed to maintain the number of births at 1980 levels or even increase fertility rates. All are among the cantons offering more day care for children and awarding comparatively higher family allowances.

"People living in those cantons where it is relatively easier or more acceptable to be both a mother and a worker tend to have more children," Bonoli told swissinfo.

"My interpretation of these results is not so much that women or parents decide to have a child once they have found that they have a day care centre.

"I don't think that such irrational calculations are behind decisions to have children, but I think these indicators of family policy are also indicators of a more favourable climate for the reconciliation of work and family.".....

http://www.swissinfo.ch/eng/front/Fa...37318000&ty=st

Die Sonne scheint noch.

Last Online
    Monday, August 20th, 2012 @ 12:39 AM
    Ethnicity
    American
    Ancestry
    English (50%), German (20%), Irish (12.5%), Lithuanian (12.5%), Scottish, Dutch, French
    Woden, Thunor, Frīg
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dagna View Post
    "My interpretation of these results is not so much that women or parents decide to have a child once they have found that they have a day care centre.

"I don't think that such irrational calculations are behind decisions to have children, but I think these indicators of family policy are also indicators of a more favourable climate for the reconciliation of work and family."....
    I doubt people have their initial child because they have found out there is a day care center, but I bet it does play into the couple's decision of whether or not to have more children. If there is a day care center there then it would make it easier to have more children. If there was not a day care center maybe the couple would say they have their hands full already.

Funding Member
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-American
    Ancestry
    Subrace
    Nordid
    Country
    Norway Norway
    Politics
    Classic Liberalism
    Religion
    Agnosticism
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts

Switzerland: Mothers Still Spend Most Time at Home

Mothers still spend most time at home

Parents with young children and professional careers work as much as 75 hours a week, with mothers spending most of the time at home, a study has found.

The Federal Statistics Office on Thursday released a report that studied nearly one million Swiss families with children to learn how parents divide their time between household chores and paid employment.

It found that the breakdown depends largely on the age of the youngest child, the gender of the parent and whether the mother and father live together.

Mothers assume most of the household chores in 80 per cent of homes. With a child younger than four years old, a mother will spend more than 60 hours a week on family chores and 11 hours a week at a job. Single mothers log the same amount of time at home, but spend 18 hours a week at work.

Fathers tend to spend more time on professional duties than household tasks. With a child less than four years old, a father can expect to work 41 hours a week professionally and then spend another 33 hours a week on family tasks.

Once the youngest child is ten years old, parents spend about a third less time on household chores as mothers return to work.

The study also looked at the costs of childrearing. Depending on the family, the direct monthly costs range between SFr500 and SFr1,100 ($417 and $918), although total expenditures are closer to SFr7,800 a month for all households with children.

http://www.swissinfo.ch/eng/news_dig...88518000&ty=nd

Die Sonne scheint noch.

Last Online
    Sunday, October 31st, 2010 @ 07:07 PM
    Ethnicity
    Faroese
    Subrace
    Alpinid
    Country
    Holy Roman Empire Holy Roman Empire
    Married parent
    Politics
    Traditionalist
    Religion
    Neoplatonism/Hermetic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Fantastic news! Only in a homogenous nation will such social-engineering policies still have a chance of working.

In Multicultural societies, non-discriminatory incentive policies for births could quicken our own decline.

Funding Member
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    German
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    414 Posts

New Swiss Referendum to Deport All Criminal Immigrants

The Swiss people recently ratified a referendum that forbids the construction of Muslim mosques with minarets attached, and now Swiss People’s Party proposed the organizing of a new referendum that will deport from Switzerland all immigrants who committed a crime.

This new referendum could enter in a conflict with the 1951 Geneva Convention about immigrants status. The convention says that no immigrant should be deported if he faces inhuman treatment, racial, political or religious discrimination in his own country of origin.

However the Geneva Convention was clearly made to protect fellow Europeans from Communist tyranny but today the convention is highly outdated as no one really faces such discriminations anywhere on the planet. The convention has also been misinterpreted many times and used for wrong purposes. Today it serves as a gateway for Muslims and other Third World criminals to enter freely into Switzerland.

The legal situation in Switzerland seems set to change following the vigorous campaign for a referendum on deportation of foreign criminals launched by the anti-immigration SVP, which is a key element in the ruling coalition. It was in the run-up to the 2007 general election that the SVP launched its campaign to raise the 100,000 signatures necessary to force a referendum in order to introduce into the penal code measures that would allow for the deportation of the entire family of a convicted criminal under the age of eighteen. There was consternation in parliament, as critics pointed out that if the law was passed, it would be the first such law in Europe since the Nazi practice of Sippenhaft.

By February 2009, the SVP had already collected 210,000 signatures, more than double compared to what the law requires, and in response to the pressure from the SVP a new Aliens Bill was introduced into parliament that aims to establish precise criteria as to when a residence permit could be withdrawn from a foreign offender. Under the proposed legislation, foreigners sentenced to two years imprisonment or more, or having accumulated the equivalent prison sentences over a period of ten years, would have their residence permit rescinded and therefore be liable for deportation and they will also be banned from entering Switzerland from 5 to 15 years. In less serious cases, the draft Bill allows the authorities to judge for themselves whether to withdraw the residence permit of the person concerned.

This referendum is only a soft version of the original project that was supposed to deport all immigrants who asked for asylum in Switzerland.

The State Council, (superior chamber of the Swiss parliament), decided on December 10, 2009 to resend the proposal of SVP to the special commissions who will have to decide at the beginning of 2010 if the new referendum is compatible with the Geneva Convention and with the Swiss Constitution.
    http://www.eutimes.net/2009/12/new-s...al-immigrants/

Last Online
    Monday, February 28th, 2011 @ 10:30 PM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    Dutch
    Ancestry
    French, Zeelandic, Dutch.
    Subrace
    CeltoGermanic
    Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    None
    Religion
    Racial occultism
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Can someone tell me how many immigrants will be kicked out ?

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast