Page 1 of 7 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Society for Nordish Physical Anthropology (SNPA)

Last Online
    Thursday, January 18th, 2007 @ 06:36 PM
    Subrace
    Other
    Politics
    Living in the real world
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Post Society for Nordish Physical Anthropology (SNPA)

Could we say that you here at Aryan Dawn do not agree with the descriptions of the subraces at http://www.nordish.com?

Last Online
    Thursday, March 30th, 2017 @ 05:01 PM
    Ethnicity
    German
    Ancestry
    German and English
    Subrace
    Nordid
    mtDNA
    H
    Country
    Prussia Prussia
    State
    Teutonic Order Teutonic Order
    Aquarius
    Family
    Single adult
    Occupation
    Student
    Politics
    Ethnocentrism
    Religion
    Asatru
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

What are you talking about? Don't be so vague, it really annoys me when people are vague, and then what they really wanted was a specific answer in the first place. Just say what you wanted to say.

Last Online
    Subrace
    Other
    Politics
    Living in the real world
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

There is nothing vague about it. Either you agree with the descriptions or you don't.

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    German
    Ancestry
    German and English
    Subrace
    Nordid
    mtDNA
    H
    Country
    Prussia Prussia
    State
    Aquarius
    Family
    Single adult
    Occupation
    Student
    Politics
    Ethnocentrism
    Religion
    Asatru
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Yeah but its a stupid question. You should already know that we basically agree, but also find some of the stuff there to be either wrong or questionable.

The question should be what parts don't we agree with? That is if you really didn't know....... You need to learn that life isn't always about absolutes. Not everything is a clear-cut "yes" or "no".

Last Online
    Thursday, July 27th, 2006 @ 09:12 AM
    Subrace
    Other
    Race Realism/Hereditarian
    Religion
    Agnostic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I definitely do not agree with the description of the Keltic Nordic type, particularly in terms of the pigmentation.

The hair, which ranges in color from a blackish brown to a platinum-like ash-blond, is most commonly medium brown in pigment. Keltic hair is generally of a much darker tone than what is common among Hallstatt Nordics, a fact well illustrated by some the more recent photographic material presented below. The eyes are predominantly light-mixed.
    Out of all the individuals that I have observed who can be described as having a prominant nose and a recessive forehead,
    and claimed to have ancestry from the British Isles (2 Individuals) or the Benelux(4 people), 4/5 had dark brown, almost Black hair, and 4/5 had brown eyes.

I don't consider myself to be knowledgeble in anthropology, but could SNPA perhaps be letting on that the Keltic Nordic type is much more "Nordic" in pigmentation than it actually is.

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    German
    Ancestry
    German and English
    Subrace
    Nordid
    mtDNA
    H
    Country
    Prussia Prussia
    State
    Aquarius
    Family
    Single adult
    Occupation
    Student
    Politics
    Ethnocentrism
    Religion
    Asatru
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Originally posted by Trønder
    I definitely do not agree with the description of the Keltic Nordic type, particularly in terms of the pigmentation.

Out of all the individuals that I have observed who can be described as having a prominant nose and a recessive forehead,
    and claimed to have ancestry from the British Isles (2 Individuals) or the Benelux(4 people), 4/5 had dark brown, almost Black hair, and 4/5 had brown eyes.

I don't consider myself to be knowledgeble in anthropology, but could SNPA perhaps be letting on that the Keltic Nordic type is much more "Nordic" in pigmentation than it actually is.
    Thats interesting. I have ancestry from all of the British Isles, and Germany, but I'm classified as Brünn/Hallstatt. If Kelts have brown/brown, how do you explain so many English or German people with brown hair and blue eyes? I'm still confused as to this since most of my family has brown hair (but none have black hair) and everyone has blue eyes......

Maybe the people you assessed were really dinarics or meds? Keltics are supposed to be varying Hallstatt/Dinaric/Med mixtures. it could just be that the more blond and blue eyed elements are being bred out of the kelts in this modern cesspool......
    Last edited by GreenHeart; Friday, January 10th, 2003 at 04:52 AM.

anion

Post SPNA

spna describes Hallstaats as having a 'somewhat sloping forehead' but I cant really see this in the examples - they all seem to have flat foreheads to me except for Frieda Utter.
    Especially this one http://www.fikas.no/~sprocket/snpa/bilder/asa1.jpg

Isnt her face a little too round to be pure Hallstaat? http://www.fikas.no/~sprocket/snpa/bilder/lnilsen.JPG

Also it says the nose is 'is mostly straight or slightly convex, with a high incidence of wavy forms.
    The nasal index is leptorrhine, and there is usually a noticeable transition from the nasal skeleton to the soft parts of the nose.' but it seems like a straight nose is a prerequisite for being Hallstaat and I can't see this transition it talks of in the photos - they all look like they have strong noses.

Purifier
    Last Online
    Wednesday, April 25th, 2012 @ 01:23 AM
    Ethnicity
    Slavic/Germanic
    Country
    United States United States
    -
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

<< Thats interesting. I have ancestry from all of the British Isles, and Germany, but I'm not Keltic. If Kelts have brown/brown, how do you explain so many English or German people with brown hair and blue eyes? I'm still confused as to this since most of my family has brown hair and everyone has blue eyes...... >>

I think it's because some of those Germans and Englishmen and women are not of the Keltic sub-type. In addition to Kelts, you can find Anglo-Saxon types in both Countries (I think), and Falish types in North Germany.

Of course on the other hand, maybe some of the people Tronder is identifying as Kelts are actually North-Atlatids? I'm not sure what their typical hair/eye colours are, but one would assume they'd be dark.

Last Online
    Subrace
    Other
    Politics
    Living in the real world
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Post Re: SPNA

Originally posted by anion
    spna describes Hallstaats as having a 'somewhat sloping forehead' but I cant really see this in the examples - they all seem to have flat foreheads to me except for Frieda Utter.

Isnt her face a little too round to be pure Hallstaat? http://www.fikas.no/~sprocket/snpa/bilder/lnilsen.JPG

Also it says the nose is 'is mostly straight or slightly convex, with a high incidence of wavy forms.
    The nasal index is leptorrhine, and there is usually a noticeable transition from the nasal skeleton to the soft parts of the nose.' but it seems like a straight nose is a prerequisite for being Hallstaat and I can't see this transition it talks of in the photos - they all look like they have strong noses.
    I think we all agree that their photos aren't accurate. I was talking about the written descriptions.

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    German
    Ancestry
    German and English
    Subrace
    Nordid
    mtDNA
    H
    Country
    Prussia Prussia
    State
    Aquarius
    Family
    Single adult
    Occupation
    Student
    Politics
    Ethnocentrism
    Religion
    Asatru
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Post Re: SPNA

Originally posted by anion

No, her face is more long, than round- she just has chubby cheeks still (she looks young). I once had a friend who looked almost exactly like her and she had a light amount of freckles on her cheeks. So maybe she is Tronder.

Keep in mind that even within the subtypes people can vary. I would think that the slight transition from the nasal skeleton to the soft parts of the nose would only be visible close up, like it is on me. What do you mean by strong nose?
    Last edited by GreenHeart; Friday, January 10th, 2003 at 05:03 AM.

Page 1 of 7 123456 ... LastLast