10 7.14%
  • Jealousy/Overpossessiveness

17 12.14%
  • They're weren't the person I thought they were

26 18.57%
  • Unfaithfulness

7 5.00%
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: How That Disastrous Relationship Ended...

Account Inactive

Last Online
    Thursday, July 5th, 2012 @ 06:07 AM
    Subrace
    Atlantid
    Country
    United States United States
    Family
    Single
    Occupation
    Journalist
    Religion
    Protestant
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts

Post Reasons That You Have Ended a Relationship

Reasons that you have ended a relationship.
    Last edited by Northern Paladin; Monday, June 20th, 2005 at 09:35 PM.

Funding Member
    „Friend of Germanics”
    Funding Membership Inactive
    Last Online
    Friday, June 5th, 2020 @ 10:35 PM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    German
    Ancestry
    Skåne and North Frisia
    Country
    Iceland Iceland
    In a steady relationship
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    90 Posts

Post AW: Reasons that you have ended a relationship

Very sad thread...

Account Inactive

Last Online
    Subrace
    Atlantid
    Country
    Family
    Single
    Occupation
    Journalist
    Religion
    Protestant
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts

Post Re: AW: Reasons that you have ended a relationship

Quote Originally Posted by Blutwölfin
    Very sad thread...
    Yes but there's plenty of fish in the Ocean you know.

Renewed
    „Friend of Germanics”
    Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    German-American
    Country
    Jaded
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Post Re: Reasons that you have ended a relationship

I'd answer if the poll was multiple choice and secret vote.
    "I do not know what horrified me most at that time: the economic misery of my companions, their moral and ethical coarseness, or the low level of their intellectual development." Adolf Hitler, Mein Kampf

Funding Member
    „Friend of Germanics”
    Last Online
    Wednesday, April 7th, 2021 @ 11:26 AM
    Ethnicity
    Hellenic
    Ancestry
    75% Hellenic. 25% Anglosaxon
    Subrace
    Noric
    Country
    Other Other
    Family
    In a steady relationship
    Religion
    Still searching
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts

I broke off my latest relationship because of many of the above reasons, but the main was jealousy and overpossessiveness. I can't stand being suffocated

Last Online
    Friday, August 3rd, 2012 @ 11:14 AM
    Ethnicity
    celto-germanic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Why are the smart, tall, pretty ones always mentally disturbed and unfaithful?

Loyalty is the closest thing I have to a god, so disloyalty is analogous to taking a wiss on my god.

I have a hard enough time afterward even seeing the girl, let alone listening her retarded rationale/confrontational 'I showed you!' pantomime. The subsequent, 'I'm so sorry, can't we just pretend it didn't happen?' a couple months down the road just adds injury to insult, making it resonate just how much time, energy (and frequently $$), sacrifice, and sentiment has been wasted on a complete flake.

Of course this stuff is always the result of other relationship issues, which I am generally willing to try to endure, until this nonsense goes on.

Oh, and that 'other fish in the ocean' stuff never really comforts anyone who cares about trying to make a single relationship last, rather than being the type who is all about 'Next!'.

On the plus side, after this, I am eternally grateful no children happened with the person, so that I am not responsible to have to deal with all the psychological warfare damage that 'lady' would have inflicted on our offspring - as she misused her intellect against the child and family structure as a hostage to get what she wants. They can sort their ego problems and credit card bills out on their own, or find somone more of a romantic idot than me.

Account Inactive

Last Online
    Subrace
    Atlantid
    Country
    Family
    Single
    Occupation
    Journalist
    Religion
    Protestant
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Todesritter
    Why are the smart, tall, pretty ones always mentally disturbed and unfaithful?

Maybe because they are more in demand. Girls are like commodities. The rarer the commodity the greater the demand and the wider the circulation.

There are faithful down to earth girls who are tall,smart, and pretty. Though they are few and far inbetween. The quest to find one of these gems is indeed worth every man's best effort.

[ Loyalty is the closest thing I have to a god, so disloyalty is analogous to taking a wiss on my god.
    The thing is with any girl you have to give her reasons to be faithful. You have to treat her right make her feel special. And show have things that she just wouldn't find in most other men.

I have a hard enough time afterward even seeing the girl, let alone listening her retarded rationale/confrontational 'I showed you!' pantomime. The subsequent, 'I'm so sorry, can't we just pretend it didn't happen?' a couple months down the road just adds injury to insult, making it resonate just how much time, energy (and frequently $$), sacrifice, and sentiment has been wasted on a complete flake.

Of course this stuff is always the result of other relationship issues, which I am generally willing to try to endure, until this nonsense goes on.
    Just make sure not to invest so much next time until you are more sure of the other person. The good thing about relationships is even if they go sour we still benefit because we are that much wiser for it.

Maybe your disappointed with these girls because you've failed to read them. The girls who are unfaithful and have the most relationship issues are the ones who are frivilous and have that I'm a princess everyone else is a pauper attittude.

Oh, and that 'other fish in the ocean' stuff never really comforts anyone who cares about trying to make a single relationship last, rather than being the type who is all about 'Next!'.

On the plus side, after this, I am eternally grateful no children happened with the person, so that I am not responsible to have to deal with all the psychological warfare damage that 'lady' would have inflicted on our offspring - as she misused her intellect against the child and family structure as a hostage to get what she wants. They can sort their ego problems and credit card bills out on their own, or find somone more of a romantic idot than me.
    Yeah I know what you mean breakups are tough. And sometimes we get more attached to a person than we thought possible. But if their is a breakup and it was because of negative behavior. One can only think it's better it never worked because there is probably another person out there who is more compatible and in the end will make us more happy.

We as men deserve women willing to compromise and try to see things from our point of view once inawhile. If a woman is overly manupative with you chances are she doesn't have sincere feelings for you.

Account Inactive

Last Online
    Subrace
    Atlantid
    Country
    Family
    Single
    Occupation
    Journalist
    Religion
    Protestant
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Solar Wolff
    Most relationships end for no good reason. Most people take that end too introsepectively. Some say "there are more than one fish in the sea" implying that we always have more time for a selection to which others say "in the long run, we are all dead" which implies we don't have unlimited time. The problem with 20-some people is that they don't know how long life is really going to be and on the other hand, they don't understand how short life will seem once a few decades go by.
    Yeah well said. Leaving a relationship at the slightest sign of trouble is what many tend to do nowadays. People simply don't take relationships as seriously as they did in the past.

I think part of the reason relationships aren't holding together as well as they did in the past is modern society is more materialistic. There has been a shift to reliance on material things to make us happy rather than other people.

Last Online
    Thursday, June 23rd, 2005 @ 01:27 AM
    Country
    European Union European Union
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

at the beginning all is very good; love is in the air and you feel so devoted to her that it makes you want to bite the pillow after you come to your senses. after some time, that is, after the joys of newness have faded, you both begin looking for what is lost: the exuberance of intense infatuation which was gained with the sense of the seeming matchlessness of your partner. it usually does not take long until you realise that you have come to love someone you do not know. long after the dust settles and you lose her phone number you begin to retrace what has happened in order to solve the constantly urgent question, “how has it come to pass?”, because there is this new girl that has moved into your neighbourhood and you feel that your now raging craving for love and tenderness need to be satisfied.

i have come to learn that the relationship that has begun with blind infatuation [“love at first site” and the like] is a time bomb, waiting until you finish the dessert that you have started before the main dish - something that is ought to be the other way around.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast