Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789

Thread: Do Men Want Children, Too? / Are Modern Men Afraid of Commitment?

Funding Member
    „Friend of Germanics”
    Funding Membership Inactive
    Last Online
    11 Hours Ago @ 12:13 AM
    Status
    Prolonged Absence
    Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    432 Posts
    Given enough good health and resources to do so, I would prefer to be a father of at least a full handful and have two handfuls of grandchildren, followed by two handfuls and two footfulls of great-grandchildren, exponentially increasing ever onward. Who wants to be a genetic dead-end? Only a loser doesn't care about posterity.

Last Online
    2 Weeks Ago @ 02:28 AM
    Ethnicity
    German
    Ancestry
    German; Scot-Irish; Scandinavian
    Country
    United States United States
    Married
    Occupation
    Free Lance
    Politics
    Conservative
    Religion
    Christian
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    194 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rodskarl Dubhgall View Post
    Who wants to be a genetic dead-end? Only a loser doesn't care about posterity.
    You just nailed the problem on the head. Between media and broken-home families, people delay marriage and family as far as they can, not thinking about the consequences. In our 30's, we discover that a job does not have enough meaning or purpose without a family to share with. At this point, people become more concerned with their families (care) and surrounding community. Young people don't understand that one day their beliefs will mature as they grow older and will desire settling down with a life-long partner, usually with children. Nowadays, men delay having families like it is the normal thing to do in modern culture. This attitude shrinks the family size, or they avoid making real commitments to even start one. I knew many women who desired to have more kids, but their husbands had too many issues or expressed openly lacking family involvement. Men see too many men escaping this "weight" of having family where they now struggle with their own family responsibilities and "pull" elsewhere. Hard times will correct these problems between men and women as wealth and easy-life diminishes.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Winterland For This Useful Post:

Last Online
    1 Week Ago @ 10:01 PM
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-Australian
    Ancestry
    England, Scotland, Ireland, France, Scandinavia
    Country
    Australia Australia
    State
    Queensland Queensland
    Leo
    Family
    Single adult
    Occupation
    Researcher
    Politics
    Conservative
    Religion
    Christian
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Have you considered / would you consider donating eggs / sperm / surrogacy for other Whites who want biological children, but for whatever reason have not been able to marry / partner with someone suitable to have children the conventional way?

Active Funding Member
    „Friend of Germanics”
    Skadi Funding Member
    Last Online
    14 Hours Ago @ 09:43 PM
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-American
    Ancestry
    England/Britain
    Subrace
    Nordid
    Y-DNA
    R1b>U106>L48
    mtDNA
    H3af
    Country
    Confederate States Confederate States
    State
    Kentucky Kentucky
    Leo
    Family
    Single parent
    Occupation
    Paying the bills
    Politics
    Confederate
    Religion
    Folkish Heathen
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    327 Posts
    I fathered two children, a boy and a girl, same mother, who are now teens. I don't regret it. I hope my son will pass on the name, etc which dates back 400 years in America as of approx July 2022.
    "Almost every name belongs to well-known families of English stock....these soldiers were of ancient American lineage"- Prof. N.S. Shaler on the 1st Kentucky "Orphan" Brigade, Confederate States Army

6. The Following User Says Thank You to KYAnglo For This Useful Post:

Funding Member
    „Friend of Germanics”
    Funding Membership Inactive
    Last Online
    11 Hours Ago @ 12:13 AM
    Status
    Prolonged Absence
    Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    432 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Winterland View Post
    You just nailed the problem on the head. Between media and broken-home families, people delay marriage and family as far as they can, not thinking about the consequences. In our 30's, we discover that a job does not have enough meaning or purpose without a family to share with. At this point, people become more concerned with their families (care) and surrounding community. Young people don't understand that one day their beliefs will mature as they grow older and will desire settling down with a life-long partner, usually with children. Nowadays, men delay having families like it is the normal thing to do in modern culture. This attitude shrinks the family size, or they avoid making real commitments to even start one. I knew many women who desired to have more kids, but their husbands had too many issues or expressed openly lacking family involvement. Men see too many men escaping this "weight" of having family where they now struggle with their own family responsibilities and "pull" elsewhere. Hard times will correct these problems between men and women as wealth and easy-life diminishes.
    I must correct my math, for no matter how nicely organic my description went, it would be better to have two boys and two girls, then each child to have two and two likewise, on and on, so four children will result in 16 grandchildren and 64 great-grandchildren.

Agreed with everything else you wrote, but this is also compounded by 'career-minded' women who don't make themselves open for being taken care of by men for freeing them up to bear and raise children, instead treating men like superfluous sperm donors once they've got enough money in their 30s to make it as single mothers, simply because they have been parented by the welfare state in the absence of two-parent homes.

There are multiple scenarios involved, including a welfare state that kidnaps first born children and breaks up their young parents as deemed 'unfit' solely for not waiting until set to be hitting 30. The welfare state encourages adoption, contraception and abortion as well as homosexuality, transsexuality and immigration instead of anything normal or natural.

Quote Originally Posted by FamilyFourteen View Post
    Have you considered / would you consider donating eggs / sperm / surrogacy for other Whites who want biological children, but for whatever reason have not been able to marry / partner with someone suitable to have children the conventional way?
    I will not be a stud nor allow my wife to be pimped either. It's to be done the natural way or not at all.

Quote Originally Posted by KYAnglo View Post
    I fathered two children, a boy and a girl, same mother, who are now teens. I don't regret it. I hope my son will pass on the name, etc which dates back 400 years in America as of approx July 2022.
    This legacy of time in America is on my mind now and then. My children are the sixth generation of our paternal line to have lived here since becoming American during the reign of King George V, but only third to have any maternal lineage from England in the colonial period going back to the same time frame as you, in the reign of King James I. This has prompted me to explore different natures of English identity, just as my forefathers arriving in the Danish time between the Anglo-Saxon and Norman times has. Sure, insofar as my family goes, we weren't the pioneers in either situation as yours were, but being related to the first ones (meaning you) already there and here, gives me a feeling of belonging and entitlement to the best of both worlds in a way that non-Anglos should never be allowed to usurp for perversion to anti-Anglo schemes aimed at exploiting for their own enrichment.

That is why I look at German and Irish families as complementary to English and Scottish families in the context of the Union of Great Britain and Ireland in conjunction with Hanover and living beyond the seas like with India--our flag here being basically one of a hypothetical West India Company. Queen Mary and King Philip didn't bring about a fruitful Habsburg legacy (nor would the later Orange-Nassau one last) for England and instead, we were joined at the hip with Brunswick. This is how Sicilians don't fit into our assimilation model and belong in Latin America with the Mexicans who should be staying there too. Sicily was Aragonese both before and during the whole colonial period Mexico was Castilian, so both are Hispanic as well as Latin. We as Anglos are implicitly encouraged to maintain ties across the Dominions and ought never allow non-Anglos to be hyphenated double agents, because the former strengthens us and the latter sabotages us.

It's quite all right to pride in our Anglosphere identity, as English cousins making our mark where we can, so that's why I hope all of us look at our families as carrying on English colonial identities despite the formation of 37 other states that may (i.e. Texas and Hawaii) or may not have had their own prior identity brought to the table. The Confederacy did work when it was the Articles of Confederation between separate colonies, but as much as I love my Kentucky, Tennessee and Alabama roots, these along with those of others from the rest of the non-colonial states of the CSA are no better than the USA's non-colonial states that I've no roots from (yes, my only blood from the Old West is Southern), all the same.

We shouldn't be bogged down by a Cromwellian phobia regarding monarchist political institutions as an excuse for the English race to suffer division like the Irish do, so if the distinctions continued between Anglo-America, Scotland (with Canada?) and the Two Irelands (with Australia and New Zealand?), it might be more worth preservation than the way we've kept split apart since. I look at my family tree and see a disconnect between 1783 when all ancestors had been born under the same British government of King George III and 1936 when they were almost finally reunited under American government once they had all moved here and King Edward VIII abdicated for Mrs Simpson. If our reunion can be managed despite a Harry shitshow, the 525 years between Cabot's voyage in Newfoundland under King Henry VII and our own time will all come together for the better future of our blood and soil.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789