Iceland Iceland
    Youth
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Please Classify Icelandic Singer Emiliana Torrini

Emiliana Torrini is an Icelandic / Italian singer

it was quite difficult getting good pictures.

front-view

half-profil. best i could get

body image. best I could get.

Mein Glaube ist die Liebe zu meinem Volk. Juthunge's Avatar
    Last Online
    5 Hours Ago @ 05:48 AM
    Ethnicity
    German
    Ancestry
    German
    Subrace
    Keltic Nordid-CM
    Religion of the Blood
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    185 Posts
    Interesting, looks almost like a dark Borreby or more robust Alpinoid from the front.
    The profile on the other hand seems to betray some Mediterranid(or Nordid) influence in the more prominent and straight rather than concave nose as well as generally delicate/gracile features.
    Also the gonial angle of the jaw is closer to that of a long faced subrace:

Borrebies are closer to the narrow or neutral angle, whereas long faced subraces generally have a wide angle.

How aberrant - if at all, of course - does she look to Icelandic eyes? Looks much more Northwestern European to me than Italian.
    "Man kann sich heute nicht in Gesellschaft um Deutschland bemühen; man muss es einsam tun wie ein Mensch, der mit seinem Buschmesser im Urwald Bresche schlägt und den nur die Hoffnung erhält, dass irgendwo im Dickicht andere an der gleichen Arbeit sind." - Ernst Jünger

Ancient DNA: List of All Studies analyzing DNA of Ancient Tribes and Ethnicities(post-2010)

Last Online
    Tuesday, April 2nd, 2019 @ 04:45 PM
    Ethnicity
    Icelandic
    Ancestry
    Icelandic & Scandinavian
    Subrace
    nordid + minor CM
    Country
    Iceland Iceland
    Youth
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Juthunge View Post
    Interesting, looks almost like a dark Borreby or more robust Alpinoid from the front.
    The profile on the other hand seems to betray some Mediterran(or Nordid) influence in the more prominent and straight rather than concave nose as well as generally delicate/gracile features.
    Also the gonial angle of the jaw is closer to that of a long faced subrace:

Borrebies are closer to the narrow or neutral angle, whereas long faced subraces generally have a wide angle.

How aberrant - if at all, of course - does she look to Icelandic eyes? Looks much more Northwestern European to me than Italian.
    Just realised how stupid of me it was for not adding this.

She is related to me through our grandmothers (mother's side) being sisters. My mothers side has Danish, little bit of Swedish and French ancestry. In my opinion my mother's sister has a keltic nordid or Atlanto-Nordid look; so does my mother but with more Borreby or Alpinoid influence.

Sorry for the inconvinience.

Anachronism "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ancestry
    Germany, Norway, England
    Subrace
    Nordeby
    Country
    United States United States
    State
    Texas Texas
    Leo
    Family
    Single adult
    Politics
    Farther right than you.
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    316 Posts
    Nordid-Borreby with some Mediterranid influence. It's interesting that she is your second cousin. I hadn't heard of her, but she has sung something we have all heard...

Emiliana Torrini - Gollum's Song
    Most people think as they are trained to think, and most people make a majority.

Holiness is in right action, and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves.
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    3 Days Ago @ 03:51 PM
    Ethnicity
    German
    Subrace
    Nordid
    Christian
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    33 Posts
    She pretty looks like me a Latina from Meso- and/or South-America. The name Emiliana Torrini is typical Italian name. Emilia-Romagna is an Italian Province and Torrino is a district in Roma and a city in Padua Provincia.

Source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emil%C3%ADana_Torrini

Her father, Salvatore Torrini, is Italian (from Naples), while her mother, Anna Stella Snorradóttir, is Icelandic.
    The most visible at first blick that she has roundish head and roundish-oval face. The distant of the eyes mid-wide and the eyes large, the nose medium wide and high rooted and convex, she has medium lips and medium wide mouth. The chin is marked, the gonial angles and the jaws weak. The cheeks are strong, the zygomathic arches too.

With this visible traits and her ancestry I could say she would be Alpinid with strong Reihengräber Nordid and minor Mediterranid (especially on the eyeshape) influence.

Juthunge, thanks for the picture!

By the way there are Emma Härdelin, the singer of the Triakel and Garmarna, she has dark hair and Cromagnonin influence, but her eyeshape is very different, Germanic, I never tell her would be Latina.

"Remember that, even when those who move you be kings or men of power, your soul is in your keeping alone. When you stand before God, you cannot say, "But I was told by others to do thus,"or that virtue "was not convenient at the time." This will not suffice."
    /King Baldwin IV in the Kingdom of Heaven/

Mein Glaube ist die Liebe zu meinem Volk. Juthunge's Avatar
    Last Online
    5 Hours Ago @ 05:48 AM
    Ethnicity
    German
    Ancestry
    German
    Subrace
    Keltic Nordid-CM
    Religion of the Blood
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    185 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by notheywillnot View Post
    Just realised how stupid of me it was for not adding this.

She is related to me through our grandmothers (mother's side) being sisters. My mothers side has Danish, little bit of Swedish and French ancestry. In my opinion my mother's sister has a keltic nordid or Atlanto-Nordid look; so does my mother but with more Borreby or Alpinoid influence.

Sorry for the inconvinience.
    No need to be sorry, there was no inconvenience at all.
    I would've assumed Borreby and Nordid traits to be present in Iceland anyway.
    While family background is generally helpful in classification, as it could explain features that are seemingly off and odd, it's only really useful if the relatedness is very close.
    In your case the genetic distance of your side to hers is not really close enough to draw a meaningful conclusion from that.
    Nevertheless interesting that you're related to her, though!

May I repeat my question how "foreign" she looks for an Icelander?

Quote Originally Posted by Huginn ok Muninn View Post
    I hadn't heard of her, but she has sung something we have all heard...
    I never realised that's her singing. I on the other hand only knew her from the following song, which was played exhaustively on the radio when it was new. Could be helpful to see her moving too.

Emilliana Torrini - Jungle Drum
    "Man kann sich heute nicht in Gesellschaft um Deutschland bemühen; man muss es einsam tun wie ein Mensch, der mit seinem Buschmesser im Urwald Bresche schlägt und den nur die Hoffnung erhält, dass irgendwo im Dickicht andere an der gleichen Arbeit sind." - Ernst Jünger

Ancient DNA: List of All Studies analyzing DNA of Ancient Tribes and Ethnicities(post-2010)

Last Online
    Tuesday, April 2nd, 2019 @ 04:45 PM
    Ethnicity
    Icelandic
    Ancestry
    Icelandic & Scandinavian
    Subrace
    nordid + minor CM
    Country
    Iceland Iceland
    Youth
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Juthunge View Post
    No need to be sorry, there was no inconvenience at all.
    I would've assumed Borreby and Nordid traits to be present in Iceland anyway.
    While family background is generally helpful in classification, as it could explain features that are seemingly off and odd, it's only really useful if the relatedness is very close.
    In your case the genetic distance of your side to hers is not really close enough to draw a meaningful conclusion from that.
    Nevertheless interesting that you're related to her, though!

May I repeat my question how "foreign" she looks for an Icelander?

I never realised that's her singing. I on the other hand only knew her from the following song, which was played exhaustively on the radio when it was new. Could be helpful to see her moving too.

Emilliana Torrini - Jungle Drum
    She looks quite foreign in my opinion. Her low stature, broad face and mediterranid influence is not common here.