Single adult
    Politics
    Nationalist
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    462 Posts

Julian Assange & the Wikileaks Phenomenon

The man behind whistleblower website Wikileaks says he is not in a position to record an interview amid claims his life is in danger.

Julian Assange, the Australian-born founder of Wikileaks, is said to be under threat with reports that the site has hundreds of thousands of classified cables containing explosive revelations.

There was an international uproar in April when the website released classified US military video which officials had been refusing to make public for three years.

The leaked video showed a US helicopter crew mistaking a camera for a rocket-propelled grenade launcher before firing on a group of people in Iraq.

Mr Assange has also told his supporters he is planning to release a video of a US air strike in Afghanistan that killed many civilians.

The 2007 video of the US army helicopter shooting civilians has already led to a chain of events which reportedly has Mr Assange in hiding.

A hacker blew the whistle on the US army intelligence analyst Bradley Manning, who allegedly handed that video to Wikileaks.

Mr Manning is now reported to be in custody in Kuwait.

The hacker says Mr Manning bragged to him about having thousands of diplomatic cables that would embarrass US secretary of state Hillary Clinton and several thousand diplomats around the world.

It has since been reported that American officials are searching for Mr Assange to pressure him not to publish the cables.

But an unnamed source in the Obama administration has told Newsweek that the US government is not trying to convince Mr Assange not to release the cables, but it is trying to contact him.

The World Today has also received an email from Mr Assange which says: "Due to present circumstances, I am not able to easily conduct interviews".

In an email to supporters this week, Mr Assange denies Wikileaks has 260,000 classified US department cables.

But he confirms the website has a video of a US air strike on a village in western Afghanistan in May last year.

The Afghan government said at the time of the attack that 140 civilians died.

Life in danger

Daniel Ellsberg, who leaked Pentagon papers in the 1970s showing government deceit over the Vietnam War, says he believes Mr Assange has reason to keep his whereabouts secret.

"I think it's worth mentioning [that there is] a very new and ominous development in our country," he said.

"I think he would not be safe, even physically, entirely wherever he is.

"We have, after all, for the first time ever perhaps in any democratic country... a president who has announced that he feels he has the right to use special operations operatives against anyone abroad that he thinks is associated with terrorism."

Mr Ellsberg told a US TV network Mr Assange's life may be in danger.

"I was, in fact, the subject of a White House hit squad in November on May 3, 1972," he said.

"A dozen Cuban assets were brought up from Miami with orders, quoting their prosecutor 'to incapacitate Daniel Ellsberg totally' on the steps of the Capitol.

"It so happens when I was in a rally during the Vietnam war and I asked the prosecutor 'what does that mean - kill me?' He said the words were to incapacitate you totally, but you should understand these guys, meaning the CIA operatives, never use the word 'kill'."

Professor Amin Saikal, director of the centre for Arab and Islamic studies at the Australian National University, says the US government has strong motivations for keeping video of the strike under wraps.

"That NATO operation in western Afghanistan caused quite a number of civilian casualties which caused outrage among the Afghan leaders," he said.

"The issue was also raised very strongly in the Afghan parliament.

"I suppose that the American authorities would be very adverse at the release of the video at this point which could cause more problems in the relationship between Afghanistan and Washington."

As far fetched as Mr Ellsberg's claim sounds, the national president of Whistleblowers Australia, Peter Bennett, agrees Mr Assange's life may be at risk.

"There is a lot of money to be made from wars. There is a lot of people who will become very, very wealthy through the course of this Afghan war," he said.

"To stop anybody raising questions about its conduct would put those profits at risk and profit is a high motivation to stop somebody interfering with those profits.

"It is possible that there are vested interests - military, political and certainly economic, possibly even criminal - who would rather him not release that information.

"There is a serious chance that his wellbeing could be at risk. If I was in his shoes, I would be taking all necessary precautions to make sure that my whereabouts and my wellbeing were being protected."

Source http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2...section=justin

"Make strong old dreams lest our world lose heart." -Ezra Pound

Support Skadi forum

Funding Member
    „Friend of Germanics”
    Funding Membership Inactive
    Last Online
    Thursday, August 15th, 2019 @ 02:11 AM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    American
    Ancestry
    England & Norway
    Subrace
    Faelid + Nordid
    Y-DNA
    R-M405
    mtDNA
    U5a1a1
    Country
    United States United States
    State
    California California
    Single parent
    Occupation
    Property management
    Politics
    Germanic Preservation
    Religion
    Heathen
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts

Wikileaks Founder Assange Denied Residency in Sweden

The founder of the Wikileaks website, Julian Assange, has been denied residency in Sweden, the country's migration board officials say.

They declined to give the reason, saying it was confidential.

Mr Assange, an Australian national, had hoped to create a base for Wikileaks in the Nordic country due to its laws protecting whistle-blowers.

The rejection comes ahead of the expected publication of some 400,000 Iraq war documents on Wikileaks.

The US military has already assembled a 120-member team to prepare for the publication of the documents which are thought to concern battle activity, Iraqi security forces and civilian casualties.

Wikileaks' release in July of thousands of documents on the war in Afghanistan prompted US military officials to warn that the whistleblower website might cause the deaths of US soldiers and Afghan civilians because some of the documents contained the names of locals who had helped coalition forces.
    'Smear campaign'

"We have decided not to grant him (Mr Assange) a residence permit," Sweden's Migration Board official Gunilla Wikstroem told the AFP news agency.

"He did not fulfil the requirements," she added without giving any further details.

Mr Assange applied for a residence permit on 18 August.

He is currently being investigated in Sweden over an alleged sex crime.

Mr Assange denies any wrongdoing and says the allegations are part of a smear campaign by opponents of his whistle-blowing website.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-11570283

Last Online
    Wednesday, November 23rd, 2011 @ 05:00 PM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ancestry
    Swedish/Prussian
    Subrace
    Nordid
    Nationalsozialismus
    Religion
    Germania
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    Good riddance to bad rubbish.

Funding Member
    „Friend of Germanics”
    Last Online
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    American
    Ancestry
    England & Norway
    Subrace
    Faelid + Nordid
    Y-DNA
    R-M405
    mtDNA
    U5a1a1
    Country
    State
    California California
    Single parent
    Occupation
    Property management
    Politics
    Germanic Preservation
    Religion
    Heathen
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Zogbot View Post
    Good riddance to bad rubbish.
    Could you explain in further detail? A reply like this does not explain your reasoning.

Last Online
    Saturday, August 14th, 2021 @ 05:54 PM
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-Australian
    Country
    Australia Australia
    Nordish Preservationist
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    141 Posts
    This guy risked the lives of Western soldiers and is being investigated in Sweden over an alleged sex crime.

So good riddance but we don’t want him back

Last Online
    Monday, July 18th, 2011 @ 10:25 PM
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-American
    Ancestry
    English, Irish, German, Swiss, Austrian
    Country
    State
    Illinois Illinois
    Single adult
    Occupation
    Engineer
    Politics
    Pragmatic Pluralist
    Religion
    Christian Deist, Lutheran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Wikileaks

There is a fine line between "Whistle Blowing" and the release of sensitive military/politico documents. Wikileaks and Assange have clearly stepped over the line. Do you think for a moment that the Taliban and Al Qaeda and its operatives are not going to peruse the documents closely and modify their strategy and tactics accordingly in order to make them more efficient and deadly? Not too mention, adjusting their stance during this time of sensitive negotiations?

Assange and Wikileaks? Just another self produced and promoted "Intelligence agent" out to enrich himself at the expense of World Peace and Security.

As for the American who released the documents originally, he needs to be Court Martialed and executed for espionage, along with Assange if the Documents are released...

Last Online
    Monday, February 6th, 2012 @ 08:41 AM
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-American
    Ancestry
    England, Germany
    Subrace
    Atlantid
    Country
    Vinland Vinland
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts
    The last time he posted documents I decided to read them myself to see what all the fuss what about.

I think he did a terrible job censoring the data. There was many names of people and even names of small villages that helped the coalition forces by giving information about Al-Quidea or Taliban whereabouts.

This data can easily be accessed by Al-Quidea and used to find and terrorize the native Afghans that helped us.

Not only that but it might make the Afghans of today more hesitant of telling us information for fear of that information getting into the hands of Al-Quidea.

I don't like what he is doing- he could at least asked the U.S. government which names and towns should be censored- but he didn't.

Funding Member
    „Friend of Germanics”
    Last Online
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    American
    Ancestry
    England & Norway
    Subrace
    Faelid + Nordid
    Y-DNA
    R-M405
    mtDNA
    U5a1a1
    Country
    State
    California California
    Single parent
    Occupation
    Property management
    Politics
    Germanic Preservation
    Religion
    Heathen
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts

Wikileaks' Assange to face international arrest warrant

Sweden is to issue an international arrest warrant for WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange in a rape case.

Prosecutors said they would seek the warrant after a court ruled he should be held for questioning. An initial inquiry had been dropped in August.

Mr Assange, an Australian who does not live in Sweden, says the allegations are part of a smear campaign.

Wikileaks has published confidential material relating to US military activities in Iraq and Afghanistan.

Mr Assange, 39, denies allegations of rape, sexual molestation and unlawful coercion, which stem from a visit to Sweden in August.

A Stockholm prosecutor started an investigation shortly afterwards, but the case was dropped by the chief prosecutor a day later.

In September, Sweden's Director of Prosecution, Marianne Ny, reopened the investigation, but did not request Mr Assange's detention at the time.
    'Complete innocence'

Ms Ny says Mr Assange needs to be questioned. "So far, we have not been able to meet with him to accomplish the interrogations," she says.

On Thursday the Stockholm District Court issued an order to detain him.

Ms Ny said that "to execute the court's decision, the next step is to issue an international arrest warrant".

Mr Assange's lawyer, Bjorn Hurtig, said his client "maintains his complete innocence".

Mr Hurtig would not say where Mr Assange was but added: "Sooner or later he has to come to Sweden if this continues."

When the allegations first emerged, Mr Assange said their appearance - at a time when Wikileaks had been criticised for leaking Afghan war documents - was "deeply disturbing".

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-11785281

Truth breeds hatred. ~Bias of Priene, Maxims

So sweden only investigates rape when a white man is accused?...

Last Online
    Monday, August 6th, 2012 @ 07:12 AM
    Ethnicity
    German/Irish
    Country
    State
    Texas Texas
    Family
    Single
    Occupation
    Computer CAD/ Civil
    Politics
    Libertarian/Conservative
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts

False Rape Charge Against Julian Assange

I do not Post many, topics regarding Sweden, because I personally am not Swedish. That being said I'm posting this because I see it as a relevant story.

That being the potential Character Assassination of Julian Assange, by the US CIA and Pentagon, in regards to a Video gun camera footage released by his Wikileaks site, showing the murder of children in a van by US Apache gunships.

Pentagon investigators are trying to determine the whereabouts of the Australian-born founder of the secretive website Wikileaks for fear that he may be about to publish a huge cache of classified State Department cables that, if made public, could do serious damage to national security, government officials tell The Daily Beast.

The officials acknowledge that even if they found the website founder, Julian Assange, it is not clear what they could do to block publication of the cables on Wikileaks, which is nominally based on a server in Sweden and bills itself as a champion of whistleblowers.
    In short since the CIA was NOT able to prevent him for releasing the footage, they have decided to "Get Even" with him, by finding compliant Swedish citizens, in which to trump up a case.
    In this case a couple of Feminist one of which was running a blog on how to set up men for false rape charges, which was most likely discovered by CIA Web Trolls.

This Anna Ardin is most assuredly a CIA Poser.

That being said lets get into the REAL STORY THAT caused it all

First the Footage the the CIA wanted to Hide.

Video of Deadly U.S. Attack in Iraq Shows Reality of War

How to smear a hero

WikiLeaks releases video of slaughter in Iraq

Authenticity of Wikileaks video of Iraq killings confirmed by US Military. Julian Assange Interview

WikiLeaks: How Safe Are Confidential Sources?

Julian Assange on the Afghanistan war logs

WikiLeaks shows reporter killings in Iraq - RT 100406

Last Online
    Thursday, October 20th, 2011 @ 11:05 PM
    Ethnicity
    Scandinavian
    Ancestry
    Exclusively scandinavian
    State
    Jutland Jutland
    Single adult
    Occupation
    Swordsman
    Politics
    Preussentum
    Religion
    Indo-European
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I hate the governing politicians of my country. Anna Ardin is an active "social democrat" and rabid feminist.

I wont exclude a CIA conspiration but everyone should know that this could just be one of the many feminist lies that poisons Sweden. CIA does not necessarliy have anything to do with it.

Page 1 of 18 12345611 ... LastLast