Self-Reliance
    Religion
    Asatru
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    609 Posts

Self-Reliance As a Political Movement or Idea

As we move closer and closer to the eventual collapse of modern governments and social structures is it time to consider something new in terms of the survival of Germanic race and culture?

There is not a current government in the world that has the preservation of Germanic people in mind as they govern. In every land that Germanics inhabit the governments are encouraging racial other immigrants to pour in and destroy the very people they are supposed to be serving and protecting.
    Since the NSDAP era in Germany and the Apartheid system in South Africa there has not been one single nation for the protection for our own people. We in essence have become a people ruled against our wishes and ruled by people wishing our very destruction. We know who these people are that are ruling us and call them what you will, but we know who they are.

Now that we have recognized the problem, What are the solutions?

Throughout history Germanics have been survivors and leaders. It is now past time that we take over and start leading our everyday lives. That would be a first step in the right direction. We have the ability to learn from history and learn how to take care of our selves and teach each others how to take care of themselves.

The former motto of the US Army Special Forces USFS (Green Berets) was "De Oppresso Liber" or Liberate the Oppressed. That motto has since been changed. Let us please take a look at what exactly that meant and how it was implemented on various levels. In the past the main mission of the USFS was to teach people to be Self Reliant and the theory was that they would be free in they could feed, cloth, house and defend themselves without a oppressive government. This in military terms is called a Force Multiplier, this is where small teams of individuals can increase a force by teaching the local inhabitants how to defend themselves both physically and politically.

Given that we Germanics are a oppressed people in our own lands, yes that includes all the lands that we inhabit around the world. How do we "Liberate" ourselves from our oppressors?

What exactly is Self Reliance? Is Self Reliance just growing your own food, producing your own shelter and clothing or is it something more? Ask yourself if you drive a asian or Italian made car or where your shoes were made and who owns the company that makes the things you buy and use everyday. Do you seek out local made products for everyday life? Do we own our own media? Do we teach our own children? Do we control our own currency or banks?

Can we look at Self Reliance as the method to secure and preserve our people on both the micro and macro levels? Can Self Reliance be used in an urban setting?

Your thoughts please.
    Life is like a fire hydrant- sometimes you help people put out their fires, but most of the time you just get peed on by every dog in the neighborhood.

Funding Member
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    Friday, July 12th, 2019 @ 03:02 AM
    Ethnicity
    English/German combo
    Country
    Australia Australia
    Sagittarius
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts
    Self-reliance in the sense of Germanic enclaves separate to the country's polity and economy, that are in effect an autarky, would not be tolerated by a central national government. If an enclave were to declare its independence from the country in which it was situated, ultimately that is a recipe for civil war. Perhaps it would take a civil war to separate Germanic enclave states from the country in which it was established.

But the establishment of Germanic enclave states which are autarkies as far as practicable would be an interesting development. But as Germanic enclave states would more than likely involve their establishment by force of arms, would enough people be sufficiently motivated to take up arms to fight for a Germanic enclave state? That is the question.

Proffessional Hickerbilly
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    @
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    American of German decent
    Ancestry
    Bavaria/Switzerland
    Country
    Other Other
    State
    Kentucky Kentucky
    Zodiac Sign
    Libra
    Family
    Married
    Occupation
    Kunstschmiede
    Politics
    Self-Reliance
    Religion
    Asatru
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    609 Posts
    I was not really meaning just for Germanic enclaves but as Germanic societies as a whole. The best way I can describe my thoughts are is diminish the roles our current governments play and thus causing them to fail or be replaced by governments that are pro-Germanic.

For the time being I was not even thinking of any armed revolt or defense. Maybe more of a mix of ideas such as boycotts or preferred purchasing of material goods combined with less reliance of the current governments facilities or services.

Home schooling where it is legal is a prime example. We don't use the governments school programs and eventually their impact is diminished to where it is no longer needed. Another would be non-currency trade with other Germanics, like I trade home canned beef with my friend for fruit and honey. ( I actually just did that very trade this week. ) Yes, to some extent these types of things might not be legal in some areas, but I think we should take advantage or them when we can.

Using the power of shaming someone who is Germanic and is able to work yet being a welfare or government subsidies. By making these people a social outcast or shaming them into doing better for themselves we become stronger economically and it also causes resentment towards the government that dulls out seized capital to racial others that do not work or earn their keep.

My thoughts on this are very deep and hard to explain, but I am trying as best as I can. Hopefully with ideas and discussions combined with internet sharing we can develop some kind of grass roots movement that is centered around Germanics taking care of themselves and eventually replacing the current governments that have proven they don't have our best interest at heart.
    Life is like a fire hydrant- sometimes you help people put out their fires, but most of the time you just get peed on by every dog in the neighborhood.

Holiness is in right action, and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves.
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    1 Day Ago @ 01:32 PM
    Ethnicity
    German
    Ancestry
    Germans, Hungarians, Slavs
    Subrace
    Nordid
    Country
    Holy Roman Empire Holy Roman Empire
    Democratic National-Conservativ
    Religion
    Christian
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    42 Posts
    The idea is good but it means that the Germanics retreated to a subcultur in own countries. I am a member of the Hungarian German enclave and believe me that it is a horror that I am a foreing in my own country. I believe that nowaday the United States is not a Germanic country anymore. Before the First World War, one hundred years ago it was, but it seems the leaders of the country have wanted a multicultural, multiethnical and multiracial country with a totally race-mixed people. The only hope are Australia, New Zeeland and the European Germanic countries. F.e. nowadays the Liberal-Conservative Merkel has must to stop with the immigration as the average Germans have started to press the Government. Well, Hitler and the Holocaust were 70 years ago, the Liberals do not blackmailed Germany nor the other countries with these anymore. I think in the next 20–30 years will be radical changes in this place and the natural and healthy Nationalism will be back. However in only Europa and some ex-British colony, however the American leaders will force their multiculti till their Empire will collapse like the Sovietunion. They have stepped in a forced way that they cannot get out. And when this Globalic American Octopus will die, nobody will cry like as nobody cried by the Communist Empire downfall.

Furthermore it is good that you can merchant in you countryside, but what will be in the millions of the blockhouses of the Gigapolises of the two Oceanside. They are charged to mixing with the coloured neighborhood.

"Remember that, even when those who move you be kings or men of power, your soul is in your keeping alone. When you stand before God, you cannot say, "But I was told by others to do thus,"or that virtue "was not convenient at the time." This will not suffice."
    /King Baldwin IV in the Kingdom of Heaven/

"Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    @
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    Ancestry
    Bavaria/Switzerland
    Country
    Other Other
    State
    Kentucky Kentucky
    Zodiac Sign
    Libra
    Family
    Married
    Occupation
    Kunstschmiede
    Politics
    Self-Reliance
    Religion
    Asatru
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    609 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Wulfaz View Post
    I believe that nowaday the United States is not a Germanic country anymore. Before the First World War, one hundred years ago it was, but it seems the leaders of the country have wanted a multicultural, multiethnical and multiracial country with a totally race-mixed people.
    I would not even go back that far. Truly multiculturalism was not really pushed in the US until the 1990s. Sure there were the Frankfurt school idiots, but their ideas really outside a few isolated cases did not take hold until Bill Clinton was president. The US is still 70% white European and Germanics make up the majority of that number, so there is still time if people wake up. Though this is not the topic of the thread.

The only hope are Australia, New Zeeland and the European Germanic countries.
    I can't speak about New Zeeland, but Australia has been battered very hard by multiculturalism with a lot of asian influx.

F.e. nowadays the Liberal-Conservative Merkel has must to stop with the immigration as the average Germans have started to press the Government. Well, Hitler and the Holocaust were 70 years ago, the Liberals do not blackmailed Germany nor the other countries with these anymore. I think in the next 20–30 years will be radical changes in this place and the natural and healthy Nationalism will be back. However in only Europa and some ex-British colony, however the American leaders will force their multiculti till their Empire will collapse like the Sovietunion. They have stepped in a forced way that they cannot get out. And when this Globalic American Octopus will die, nobody will cry like as nobody cried by the Communist Empire downfall.
    The left will continue to use Hitler to shame the Germans, I know far too many Germans that are not proud of their heritage and it is a shame. It is what they do and it is their best weapon and once the German people realize this and are no longer afraid to be called just mere words the better they will be. This holds true in all our countries

Don't get me wrong here I'm not being pro-American or pro any current government as they are all corrupt and all to blame for the slow death of our people. This is just not about America, but instead an idea for all Germanics no matter where they live, as we are being assaulted the whole world over. The sooner each of these governments fall and are replaced with pro-Germanic ones the better. We cannot change the structures of these governments and so they must be replaced.

We know the problem, how about offering up some solutions?

Furthermore it is good that you can merchant in you countryside, but what will be in the millions of the blockhouses of the Gigapolises of the two Oceanside. They are charged to mixing with the coloured neighborhood.
    I think you are missing my whole point here. It is not just about producing and bartering your own goods, it is more about sticking to our own kind and trying the best we can in every aspect to not become just an enclave in our own lands. I do realize that it is impossible to function 100% is these ways, but every little bit helps. Instead of buying your food from a store that is owned by a turk or asian how about searching out a store owned by another Germanic?

It is also about teaching others to get off government handouts, quit using government schools for our children and try and hasten and end to these governments. People will eventually see the failed systems that are killing if they are more self reliant, that is just natural course.

Anybody who works for a living understands how hard it is to earn a living, what I think is a good start is to quit supporting those very things that are trying to destroy us.

Spirit of the Reich
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Volksdeutscher
    Subrace
    Atlantid
    Y-DNA
    I-M170
    Country
    European Union European Union
    Gemini
    Family
    Polyamory
    Occupation
    Herbalist
    Politics
    Ecological Geniocracy
    Religion
    Vedic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    110 Posts
    First of all, Self-Reliance is something you actively do for yourself, not just an idea and even less a political movement...

Self-reliance as a movement is thriving, yet it doesn't have to be 'Germanic'. Good ideas are generally spread globally and practiced by everyone.

Don't worry about "the race". Take care of yourself first, then connect with others like-minded. Political movements and movements based on race are stuck in ineffectiveness, because those people always expect public policies to change their lives - instead of changing it themselves! They are also plagued by negativity, rejection of novelty and general ignorance of the real world.

That's why I'm indifferent to politics in general. Politics attracts people with little talent, who seek to change things through collective, public action, instead of taking things into their own hands. Usually people with huge emotional and mental issues, lack of self-esteem. etc.

Instead, it's so easy to just learn a new talent, join associations and organize with life-minded people to improve your life in all areas. You will find out that the people involved in those things are overwhelmingly White and Germanic - but do not necessarily make their ethnic identity the central element of their lives.

These days I'm also looking into the Wicca and Druids movements - those people are involved in "implicit Germanicness". They don't talk about it, they live it - See for example: The Druid Garden

Here is even a Black actor who is doing more for the bees than all the White so-called "traditionalists" put together: Morgan Freeman Converted His 124 Acre Ranch Into A Bee Sanctuary To Help Save The Bees

Quote Originally Posted by SpearBrave View Post
    Can Self Reliance be used in an urban setting?
    Of course it can. Urban permaculture is a booming movement:

Here is an excellent breakdown of al the home technologies for urban self-reliance and food growing:

Permaculture-for-urban-homes-and-small-spaces

There are permaculture associations everywhere in the world, you just need to find the one closest to your place:

Urban Permaculture in Cincinnati, Ohio

Urban Permaculture Guild

Urban Permaculture Transformation

How we built a Permaculture Garden in a City Centre

www.beyondorganicdesign.org

http://www.perennialsolutions.org/ur...ndscaping.html

For the record - Here is another Black football player who quit his million-dollar contracts to become a farmer: Ex-NFL Player Who Made $25 Million Quit Football At Age 29 To Become A Farmer

"Brown is doing this to help the less fortunate. He grows sweet potatoes and other vegetables, and donates his harvest to food pantries. According to the New & Observer, he has given away 46,000 pounds of sweet potatoes and 10,000 pounds of cucumbers this fall."

I have yet to see one of our fellow "preservationists" - or whatever - doing that (even for their so-called "own-people"...)

Buying from local producers is also a growing trend - again, nothing to do with politics, just private citizens'initiatives:

Iowa Fresh Foods

Local Regional Food Systems

Local Harvests

Bloodhound
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    German
    Ancestry
    Atlantean
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    37 Posts
    Individually speaking, the title is indeed an oxymoron, politics exists because we are not self-reliant anymore. We choose to abandon self-reliance for technological and economical developments.
    Self-reliance doesn't need politics at all.

Self-reliance is thus the renunciation of any such further developments, and ultimately means you will be swallowed by those who didn't eschew them, e.g. like the Europeans did with the Indians.
    Therefore, I consider it a very weak method, you will be at the whims of other, more organized and advanced, groups.
    It might be viable for people who can retreat to currently uncontested land, and hope no one will bother them, but it certainly can't work for all, nor for many.

"Self-reliance" on any other level than the individual is just politics.
    "Nothing is more disgusting than the majority: because it consists of a few powerful predecessors, of rogues who adapt themselves, of weak who assimilate themselves, and the masses who imitate without knowing at all what they want." (Johann Wolfgang Goethe)

"Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    @
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    Ancestry
    Bavaria/Switzerland
    Country
    Other Other
    State
    Kentucky Kentucky
    Zodiac Sign
    Libra
    Family
    Married
    Occupation
    Kunstschmiede
    Politics
    Self-Reliance
    Religion
    Asatru
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    609 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ahnenerbe View Post
    First of all, Self-Reliance is something you actively do for yourself, not just an idea and even less a political movement...
    Well, no not at all, if people even as group are more self reliant they do need to rely on a political government and that government loses much of its power base that it holds over people.

Quote Originally Posted by Jäger
    Individually speaking, the title is indeed an oxymoron, politics exists because we are not self-reliant anymore
    Who said we need to think of it in the terms of individualism, so it is not an oxymoron. You can have a more self-reliant people, company, nation the term "self" can be applied to a group as well as an individual.

Your text I put in bold are exactly why we should become more self reliant, the idea is to use self-reliance as a tool to destroy current political systems and eventually replace them with more nationalistic ones. We can keep trying to change the systems we are in all we want and it will never work as they do not have good foundations.

We choose to abandon self-reliance for technological and economical developments.
    Self-reliance doesn't need politics at all.
    We don't need to abandon any technologies or economical functions, we just need keep them more to ourselves as a group. An example would be if you need to purchase something, buy it from a supporting company or person.

Your text I put in bold is exactly the reason we should use self-reliance as a force to diminish current political powers. It could also help strengthen people in their thoughts that current political governments are not as needed for everyday life.

Self-reliance is thus the renunciation of any such further developments, and ultimately means you will be swallowed by those who didn't eschew them, e.g. like the Europeans did with the Indians.
    Therefore, I consider it a very weak method, you will be at the whims of other, more organized and advanced, groups.
    It might be viable for people who can retreat to currently uncontested land, and hope no one will bother them, but it certainly can't work for all, nor for many.
    No the exact opposite, the more self reliant a people are the stronger they are as they don't need as many outside influences. Would it not be better for you and your country to buy German made shoes instead of shoes made in Korea?

The American injun and the reasons they were overrun so quickly are a poor example for this discussion. There are many reasons why they became overran so quickly and self-reliance was not one of them, in fact it actually helped them prolong their fight as they were removed. They became more dependent on European goods very quickly, research the "beaver wars" as just one example.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beaver_Wars

"Self-reliance" on any other level than the individual is just politics.
    Self-Reliance can be used for a group term as well as a individual term. Hence the title as it being a possible political movement.

This could be much more than just growing your own food or building your own hut, it could be applied to many facets of modern everyday life. If you are going to be dependent on a society why not a society that is nationalistic and not globalist?

Spirit of the Reich
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Volksdeutscher
    Subrace
    Atlantid
    Y-DNA
    I-M170
    Country
    European Union European Union
    Gemini
    Family
    Polyamory
    Occupation
    Herbalist
    Politics
    Ecological Geniocracy
    Religion
    Vedic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    110 Posts
    Self-reliance at the level of nations correlates very much to what is called "sustainability" today (which also improves the "resilience" of that country or area).

If something can be produced locally, then it should, rather than import it from far away. Energy should be produced locally, in order to avoid the 30% loss that occurs through major power lines. Food should be produced locally which reduces transportation needs and the need for chemical preservatives. Etc. Sustainability and resilience go hand in hand.

In general, reducing our consumption goes a long way towards more self-reliance and resilience. Most of the things we use on a daily basis are simply not necessary.

For example, this year launched Original Unverpackt in Berlin (and other brands in other places as well) which is a supermarket that sells everything without packaging, plastics or chemicals.

That means NO factory running just to produce packagings, NO trucks to bring all that paper and chemicals to the factory, NO trucks to transport all that extra packaging to the food factory, and NO garbage truck that will carry all that packaging back to the garbage dump 5 minutes after you've opened it... Which also means less taxes to process all that garbage. Less medical costs associated with the environmental damage due to that garbage...etc. By switching to an all-natural, organic lifestyle, we instantly became more self-reliant, as individuals and as a society.

http://original-unverpackt.de
    Attached Images Attached Images  

"Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    @
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    Ancestry
    Bavaria/Switzerland
    Country
    Other Other
    State
    Kentucky Kentucky
    Zodiac Sign
    Libra
    Family
    Married
    Occupation
    Kunstschmiede
    Politics
    Self-Reliance
    Religion
    Asatru
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    609 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ahnenerbe View Post
    Self-reliance at the level of nations correlates very much to what is called "sustainability" today (which also improves the "resilience" of that country or area).

If something can be produced locally, then it should, rather than import it from far away. Energy should be produced locally, in order to avoid the 30% loss that occurs through major power lines. Food should be produced locally which reduces transportation needs and the need for chemical preservatives. Etc. Sustainability and resilience go hand in hand.

In general, reducing our consumption goes a long way towards more self-reliance and resilience. Most of the things we use on a daily basis are simply not necessary.

For example, this year launched Original Unverpackt in Berlin (and other brands in other places as well) which is a supermarket that sells everything without packaging, plastics or chemicals.

That means NO factory running just to produce packagings, NO trucks to bring all that paper and chemicals to the factory, NO trucks to transport all that extra packaging to the food factory, and NO garbage truck that will carry all that packaging back to the garbage dump 5 minutes after you've opened it... Which also means less taxes to process all that garbage. Less medical costs associated with the environmental damage due to that garbage...etc. By switching to an all-natural, organic lifestyle, we instantly became more self-reliant, as individuals and as a society.

http://original-unverpackt.de
    This is almost what I am trying to explain.

However as it can go far beyond just food items. It could be for anything clothes, cars, tools, electronics and anything else we need.

In the case of food you have to learn to eat seasonally or preserve your fresh goods for later. I never buy grapes from Chili as an example or tomatoes from Mexico. I just either do without or use the ones I preserved from my garden.

When it comes to growing food it is easy and if you use common sense you would be surprised how much produce you can grow in a small area. You can feed a family of five from a 40' by 60' garden minus cereal grains. That is for a whole year if you preserve your harvest.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast