Politics
    Self-Reliance
    Religion
    Asatru
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    683 Posts
    I have always been a big fan of single shots, a simple break open shotgun or double rifle/shotgun combos. If it is just a shotgun you can use slugs for up to 100 meters.

The Ultimate Russian Survival Rifle

Even better in IMHO are German Drillings. Too bad they are not so popular here anymore. I have had several of these over the years and they are very versatile.

Drilling Rifle / Shotgun Combo

Waffenhandhabung Drilling - Jagdschule Blatt

Drilling- Funktion und Handhabung

There is an old saying "be very afraid of the man with only one gun, he probably knows how to use it "
    Life is like a fire hydrant- sometimes you help people put out their fires, but most of the time you just get peed on by every dog in the neighborhood.

Funding Member
    „Friend of Germanics”
    Skadi Funding Member
    Last Online
    Monday, May 6th, 2019 @ 06:52 PM
    Ethnicity
    Boer
    Ancestry
    Netherlands, Germany & Norway
    Subrace
    Faordiby
    State
    Orange Free State Orange Free State
    Family
    Married
    Occupation
    Cognitive Dissident
    Politics
    Verwoerdian
    Religion
    Heretic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    170 Posts
    I can see the "Zombie" hoards shit themselves with that pointing at them...

Holiness is in right action, and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves.
    „Friend of Germanics”
    Skadi Funding Member
    Last Online
    Friday, January 24th, 2020 @ 11:05 AM
    Ethnicity
    German
    Ancestry
    Germans, Hungarians, Slavs
    Subrace
    Nordid
    Country
    Holy Roman Empire Holy Roman Empire
    Democratic National-Conservativ
    Religion
    Christian
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    57 Posts

The most ultimate weapon

The most ultimate weapon is the Ak-47 and his descents. You can get ammo for this in every part of the world and this stuff is undestroyable.

Full Auto AK47 - 100 Round Drum Mag Dump

"Remember that, even when those who move you be kings or men of power, your soul is in your keeping alone. When you stand before God, you cannot say, "But I was told by others to do thus,"or that virtue "was not convenient at the time." This will not suffice."
    /King Baldwin IV in the Kingdom of Heaven/

Last Online
    Sunday, March 21st, 2021 @ 05:54 AM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    German
    Ancestry
    Donauschwaben
    Subrace
    Keltic nordid/Alpinid
    State
    Danube Swabian Community Danube Swabian Community
    Zodiac Sign
    Aquarius
    Family
    Single parent
    Occupation
    Mad scientist
    Politics
    Politically incorrect
    Religion
    Heathen
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    128 Posts
    It's a simple design that get's the job done... However I like the fixed stock ones only. The underfold is crap. The sidefold on recent models looks better and more stable than the underfold, but I haven't tried it.
    Lieber tot als Sklave!

Last Online
    Tuesday, October 25th, 2016 @ 02:32 PM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    Norwegian
    Ancestry
    Norway and Germany
    Subrace
    Scando nordid
    Country
    Norway Norway
    State
    Nordland Nordland
    Høvding
    Politics
    None
    Religion
    Norse gods customs culture
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Great thread

It is many good survival rifles.

Depending on what kind of survival and where you are located the "best" survival rifle/shotgun could be a variety of different calibers and models.

AK47 is most reliable no doubt about that. Ammo is not available all over the place, here in Norway it is not werry common. The AK will kill anything, but will struggle with the ac and is not a good choise for those who live by the sea, and in mud/sand locations becouse of it entering directly into the gas port holes. The mags is quite long and limits lower positions..

Shotgun is probably the most reliable choise and will kill anything. The rate of fire tough is not good, and the ac is even worce. The rounds take alot of space and is heavy. The range and ac is not friends. For semi auto shotguns the rate of fire is better but the reliabillity is not for most of them. Semi auto i recommend the star baikal mp. I used this in Northwestern territories Canada whitout a single hick up despite mud etc.

Ruger 22lr semi auto is pretty reliable, the rounds is cheap and you can carry alot of them. It is possible to kill larger animals but not recommended. The 22lr is also a werry good sniper caliber (difficoult to spot 22lr snipers) in city locations (Used in Sarajevo etc), but then i recommend a bolt version like the cz 452 etc.

Standard bolt rifles as the Howa 1500`s is reliable becouse of the "slack" in the bolt system. Smoother rifles tend to be less reliable becouse of the tight bolt mechanics. It will kill anything also in long range. Rate of fire is crappy off curse. Ammo is expensive.

AG3 and other western competitors to AK47. Most of them have pretty good ac. The AG3 is werry reliable and tend to have great ac and range (You could even find sniper ammo and sniper versions for this rifle)

If i had too take one of all i would probably go for the 22lr ruger. Small, short, good rate of fire (u could make it auto with a dremel tool if you want..), easy to carry around and easy to maintain. Reliabillity depends strongly on the mags.. Cheap plastic mags is not recommended.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Drottin For This Useful Post:

Proffessional Hickerbilly
    „Friend of Germanics”
    Funding Membership Inactive
    Last Online
    3 Weeks Ago @ 10:42 AM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    American of German decent
    Ancestry
    Bavaria/Switzerland
    Country
    Other Other
    State
    Kentucky Kentucky
    Zodiac Sign
    Libra
    Family
    Married
    Occupation
    Kunstschmiede
    Politics
    Self-Reliance
    Religion
    Asatru
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    683 Posts
    Personally I'm no fan of the AK-47. The 7.62 x 39 round that it fires is not accurate beyond 200 meters and that is if you are very steady. Sure you can hit a target further, but the weapon itself was designed to be cheap and mass produced. Some of the Eastern European models are a little better built, but still not a very durable weapon in terms of a survival weapon.

Simple is better when it comes to survival type weapons. A break open design is fool proof. Then you can in a pinch even turn it into a muzzle loader if you run out of ammo.

True shotguns are a close range weapon, but really how far do you need to be. I kill on average 15 deer a year. Most of these deer are less than 30 meters and I use a shotgun with slugs or a muzzle loader. The big heavy slugs crash through brush and don't deflect. I have killed boar shooting through very heavy brush and downed them with one shot. Then you can always use bird shot for birds and small game and it is real hard to miss using bird shot.

So yes, I am a fan of the shotgun for both urban areas or dense woodlands where I live. Yes, they are brutal and messy but highly effective. If there was a contest on how much game people can kill to feed themselves a shotgun would out perform any rifle. We are talking about survival here, not going out playing Rambo.
    Life is like a fire hydrant- sometimes you help people put out their fires, but most of the time you just get peed on by every dog in the neighborhood.

Funding Member
    „Friend of Germanics”
    Skadi Funding Member
    Last Online
    Monday, May 6th, 2019 @ 06:52 PM
    Ethnicity
    Boer
    Ancestry
    Netherlands, Germany & Norway
    Subrace
    Faordiby
    State
    Orange Free State Orange Free State
    Family
    Married
    Occupation
    Cognitive Dissident
    Politics
    Verwoerdian
    Religion
    Heretic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    170 Posts
    The idea behind a Carbine Conversion is very alluring with an initial investment into a handgun and then turning it into something slightly more offensive seems like a logical step especially when the stopping power of 10mm and .45 ACP is considered however that said 9mmP is the most common and that should make the choice logical, this conversion can fill the close range role of an assault-rifle nicely, lets say up to 70 meters with that barrel you should not miss all to often. I am talking defense around the house in urban areas with a 33 bullet magazine this should be lethal because of the low recoil of especially 9mmP, I wonder if a Glock 18 could be made to operate full auto in this?

Anyway it seems like a major task getting it into SA with two parts that needs licensing.

Last Online
    Tuesday, October 25th, 2016 @ 02:32 PM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    Norwegian
    Ancestry
    Norway and Germany
    Subrace
    Scando nordid
    Country
    Norway Norway
    State
    Nordland Nordland
    Høvding
    Politics
    None
    Religion
    Norse gods customs culture
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SpearBrave View Post
    Personally I'm no fan of the AK-47. The 7.62 x 39 round that it fires is not accurate beyond 200 meters and that is if you are very steady. Sure you can hit a target further, but the weapon itself was designed to be cheap and mass produced. Some of the Eastern European models are a little better built, but still not a very durable weapon in terms of a survival weapon.

Simple is better when it comes to survival type weapons. A break open design is fool proof. Then you can in a pinch even turn it into a muzzle loader if you run out of ammo.

True shotguns are a close range weapon, but really how far do you need to be. I kill on average 15 deer a year. Most of these deer are less than 30 meters and I use a shotgun with slugs or a muzzle loader. The big heavy slugs crash through brush and don't deflect. I have killed boar shooting through very heavy brush and downed them with one shot. Then you can always use bird shot for birds and small game and it is real hard to miss using bird shot.

So yes, I am a fan of the shotgun for both urban areas or dense woodlands where I live. Yes, they are brutal and messy but highly effective. If there was a contest on how much game people can kill to feed themselves a shotgun would out perform any rifle. We are talking about survival here, not going out playing Rambo.
    Playing Rambo is a really bad survival strategy https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AutuPA7DCGs
    I agree with you on the hunting part and a shotgun will do the job in most situations. In real life i use a shotgun 70% of the time (10-40m), a 22lr 20% of the time (Ducks and hare hunting up to 100m) and a bolt rifle 10% of the time (long range hunting up to 400m). The situation and type of survival plays a role in wich type of survival rifle you need. Survival out in the bush or survival in the city is werry different in my eyes.

Proffessional Hickerbilly
    „Friend of Germanics”
    Funding Membership Inactive
    Last Online
    3 Weeks Ago @ 10:42 AM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    American of German decent
    Ancestry
    Bavaria/Switzerland
    Country
    Other Other
    State
    Kentucky Kentucky
    Zodiac Sign
    Libra
    Family
    Married
    Occupation
    Kunstschmiede
    Politics
    Self-Reliance
    Religion
    Asatru
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    683 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Drottin View Post
    Playing Rambo is a really bad survival strategy https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AutuPA7DCGs
    Wow! This video really demonstrates either no training or very bad training on many different levels. Which brings up a good point no matter what weapon you choose make sure you know how to use it.