Religion
    christian
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Post Re: Time-traveling

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer
    Well, I am not a southerner at heart, but those large old homes, and those frilly full dresses are definitely a plus.
    Yeah they were sister. Scarlett is my hero here. My favorite line from the movie was said by Mammy, "Like must be with like in order for there to be happiness."

Funding Member
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    Saturday, February 25th, 2017 @ 02:03 PM
    Married, happily
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I see you've found your way to Skadi.
    Quote Originally Posted by cltncblondeagle
    Yeah they were sister. Scarlett is my hero here. My favorite line from the movie was said by Mammy, "Like must be with like in order for there to be happiness."

Last Online
    Tuesday, June 21st, 2005 @ 05:18 PM
    Subrace
    anglo saxon celt
    Country
    United States United States
    Politics
    consitutanlist
    Religion
    christian
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Yeah thanks to sis I have.

Last Online
    Saturday, March 31st, 2007 @ 12:21 PM
    Subrace
    Nordid
    Country
    South Africa South Africa
    Head over heels in love
    Politics
    Nationalsozialismus
    Religion
    Nationalsozialismus
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Post AW: Time-traveling

Very interesting topic!

I think that something inside me would make me go back into a certain period of German (and world) history of the 20th century.

Problem: Everything we change in the past will in some way influence the present and the future.

What if I happen to become the boyfriend of Geli Raubal, she does no commit suicide and in 2050 we will have the Galactic Third Reich Empire?

(sounds cool )

Nichts kann das zerstören, was auf der Wahrheit aufgebaut ist. Wir sind das reine Gold, das im Schmelztiegel getestet werden kann. Der Schmelztiegel möge glühen und prasseln. Nichts kann uns zerstören. Eines Tages werden wir uns erheben und wieder triumphieren. Hofft und wartet!
    (Savitri Devi Mukherji)

Last Online
    Friday, February 2nd, 2007 @ 11:20 PM
    Subrace
    Nordid w/ E. Baltid influence
    Country
    Iceland Iceland
    Occupation
    In school
    Politics
    Classical Liberal
    Religion
    Spiritualist
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I guess I would go to the future and check out my grandchildren and their chidren and so on. If I'd see any little mongrels I'd go back to were I started and raise my children better.

Last Online
    Monday, December 28th, 2009 @ 01:15 PM
    Ethnicity
    canadian
    Subrace
    Atlanto-Med + Dinarid
    Conservative
    Religion
    A Theist
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Well, there would be a lot of things to do.

-Go stop the french revolution.

-Stop by Vienna and listen to the first presentation of Beethoven's 9th. Jump around screaming the themes for the next month.

-Kick the arse of the english in New France. If this fails, go stab in the head everyone who voted no at Quebec's independance referendum in 1980. With a plastic fork. If this fails, repeat the operation in 1995. And be very mad I actually have to go do it myself. This was really easy job, I don't know how they managed to screw it up. Ah well.

-Head to Bayreuth. Listen to Wagner's Das Ring Der Nibelungen. Be delighted.

-Go tell America they don't have anything to do in Europe in 1942. Hope they listen.

-Oh yeah. Bach. St John's Passion. Be in a state of total religious awe for the next week.

-Undo whatever caused the fact that everyone in my(yours too, probably) country is a liberal hippie-minded weakling. For some reason, I suspect the french revolution.

-I almost forgot. Meet William Byrd and Thomas Tallis.

Obviously, this list isn't complete. It's bugging me. Yes, I like to type very small sentences.

Last Online
    Sunday, April 2nd, 2006 @ 09:30 PM
    Subrace
    Alpinid
    Country
    United States United States
    Mystic
    Politics
    Darwinistic Pantheist
    Religion
    Monotheist
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Ancient Greece, to see the Parthenon.

Last Online
    Wednesday, July 11th, 2018 @ 02:37 PM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    Dutch
    Subrace
    Nordid
    Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    State
    Overijssel Overijssel
    Single adult
    Occupation
    Lay back down
    Politics
    Blut & Boden
    Religion
    Not sure anymore
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

I believe its only fair that I also will put down my points:
    If going back to the past, I would choose probably several historical events.

1: I go back to the ancient time, to see if Atlantis really truelly have existed.
    2: I would join Alexander the great in his conquest of Persia
    3: Back to the days of Jesus, to see what is right
    4: Join the Germanic tribes which destroyed Rome
    5: Join the Saxonians to fight Charlemagne
    6: go on an expedition of the proud vikings
    7: Take part in the crusades
    8: Join Columbus on his journey to the New World
    9: Fight against the Spaniards during the 80th war
    10: Go to Prussia to meet Frederic the great
    11: Take part in the American revolution
    12: Take part in the resistance against Napoleon and try to kill him
    13: Try to prevent the Belgian revolution in 1830
    14: During the french-German war of 1870 to make sure germany will annex also luxemburg and the German-populated parts of Austria-Hongary
    15: Fight as a volunteer with my bloodbrothers against the English at the Boer war
    16: join German troops during World War 1
    17: prevent the German revolution of 1918
    18: Join the SS and fight the bolsheviks

most inspiring characters to meet:

Theodorik, Friedrich Barbarossa, Martin Luther, Jan van Riebeeck, Frederic the great, Immanuel Kant, Goethe, Schiller, Bismarck, Kaiser Wilhelm II, Adolf Hitler, Heinrich Himmler, Anton Mussert.

But, most of all, I would try to go back to the past with some nuclear bombs, and give the knowledge and power in the hand of the third reich. The Fuehrer will be able to defeat the Russians and force the British and Americans to make a peace treaty. As an result, pax Germania becomes the most powerfull nation in the world, the issues of multi-culturism wont even exist, and the Germanic man will be the ruler of Europe. Flanders would be free of the Francophones, Dunkirk, Kales and Bonen would again be Germanic citys, there wont be no Kaliningrad or Wroclaw, or Gdansk, but only German justice and German rightness. Stalin would be hanged as a war criminal, and at the Nurenberg trials there would be the real war criminals: Eisenhower, Arthur Harris, Zhukov, Truman, De Gaulle...

Funding Member
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    Sunday, October 6th, 2019 @ 05:53 PM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    German
    Ancestry
    Skåne and North Frisia
    Country
    Iceland Iceland
    In a steady relationship
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    42 Posts

Post New model 'permits time travel'

New model 'permits time travel'
    If you went back in time and met your teenage parents, you could not split them up and prevent your birth - even if you wanted to, a new quantum model has stated.

Researchers speculate that time travel can occur within a kind of feedback loop where backwards movement is possible, but only in a way that is "complementary" to the present.

In other words, you can pop back in time and have a look around, but you cannot do anything that will alter the present you left behind.

The new model, which uses the laws of quantum mechanics, gets rid of the famous paradox surrounding time travel.

Paradox explained

Although the laws of physics seem to permit temporal gymnastics, the concept is laden with uncomfortable contradictions.

The main headache stems from the idea that if you went back in time you could, theoretically, do something to change the present; and that possibility messes up the whole theory of time travel.

Clearly, the present never is changed by mischievous time-travellers: people don't suddenly fade into the ether because a rerun of events has prevented their births - that much is obvious.

So either time travel is not possible, or something is actually acting to prevent any backward movement from changing the present.

For most of us, the former option might seem most likely, but Einstein's general theory of relativity leads some physicists to suspect the latter.

According to Einstein, space-time can curve back on itself, theoretically allowing travellers to double back and meet younger versions of themselves.

And now a team of physicists from the US and Austria says this situation can only be the case if there are physical constraints acting to protect the present from changes in the past.

Weird laws

The researchers say these constraints exist because of the weird laws of quantum mechanics even though, traditionally, they don't account for a backwards movement in time.

Quantum behaviour is governed by probabilities. Before something has actually been observed, there are a number of possibilities regarding its state. But once its state has been measured those possibilities shrink to one - uncertainty is eliminated.

So, if you know the present, you cannot change it. If, for example, you know your father is alive today, the laws of the quantum universe state that there is no possibility of him being killed in the past.

It is as if, in some strange way, the present takes account of all the possible routes back into the past and, because your father is certainly alive, none of the routes back can possibly lead to his death.

"Quantum mechanics distinguishes between something that might happen and something that did happen," Professor Dan Greenberger, of the City University of New York, US, told the BBC News website.

"If we don't know your father is alive right now - if there is only a 90% chance that he is alive right now, then there is a chance that you can go back and kill him.

"But if you know he is alive, there is no chance you can kill him."

In other words, even if you take a trip back in time with the specific intention of killing your father, so long as you know he is happily sitting in his chair when you leave him in the present, you can be sure that something will prevent you from murdering him in the past. It is as if it has already happened.

"You go back to kill your father, but you'd arrive after he'd left the room, you wouldn't find him, or you'd change your mind," said Professor Greenberger.

"You wouldn't be able to kill him because the very fact that he is alive today is going to conspire against you so that you'll never end up taking that path leads you to killing him."

Source: BBC

Progressive Collectivist
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    Monday, January 31st, 2011 @ 10:22 PM
    Ethnicity
    German
    Subrace
    Atlantid
    Progressive Collectivist
    Religion
    Catholic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

Post Re: New model 'permits time travel'

Sometimes scientists sound somewhat between romantic and naive. ^^

What about the "multidimension" model in which more than one ways are open to the future...some times ago I saw a docu about that idea.
    Magna Europa est patria nostra
    STOP GATS! STOP LIBERALISM!

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast