@
    Ethnicity
    German
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    352 Posts

Norwegian Hairdresser on Trial for Refusing Moslem Client

A hairdresser went on trial in Norway on Thursday for refusing a Muslim client wearing a hijab, in the first case in the country to go to court over the Islamic head covering.

Merete Hodne risks up to six months in prison for religious discrimination for turning Malika Bayan away from her hair salon in Bryne, a small town in southwestern Norway, in October last year.

According to the charge sheet, Hodne told Bayan "she would have to find someplace else because she didn't accept (clients) like her."

The 47-year-old hairdresser told the court she saw the hijab as a political symbol representing an ideology that frightens her, rather than as a religious symbol.

"I see it as a totalitarian symbol. When I see a hijab, I don't think of religion, but of totalitarian ideologies and regimes," she told the judges, cited by daily VG.

"A hijab is not religious, it's political," she added.

Described by Norwegian media as a former activist in Islamophobic movements such as Pegida, Hodne recently told TV2 news channel that the headscarf was a symbol of "Islamic ideology" -- which she called "evil" -- just like "the swastika is that of Nazism".

She said that accepting a woman in hijab as a client would have meant she would have had to turn away male customers, since the woman would not have been able to expose her hair with men present.

The hairdresser refused to pay a fine of 8,000 kroner (€870, $980) for religious discrimination, and the case therefore went before the Jęren District Court on Thursday.

While Hodne acknowledged that she could have turned Bayan, 24, away more courteously, she denied the charge of religious discrimination.

"I have known racism and discrimination before this, little looks and things like that, but I've never had it thrown in my face so clearly," Bayan told the court, quoted by news agency NTB.

"It hurt me in several ways. I felt small, stupid, not integrated, in pain. I couldn't understand why a scarf on my head could provoke this," she said.

Police asked the court to raise the fine to 9,600 kroner, and, failing payment of the fine, impose a jail sentence of 19 days.

The verdict is due on Monday.
    https://www.thelocal.no/20160908/nor...lient-in-hijab

Funding Member
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    Friday, June 30th, 2017 @ 08:09 PM
    Ethnicity
    Irish
    Subrace
    Atlantid
    Country
    Other Other
    Family
    Single adult
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts
    She'll very likely get jail. This is like the gay wedding cake saga over here. Gay couples target christian wedding-cake bakers so that when they are refused service they can have the baker charged with discrimination.

The baker always ends up going to jail in these cases, so I'm pretty sure this hair dresser will as well.
    Close observation may result in feelings of horror, wonder and awe at world you find yourself inhabiting.

Hundhedensk "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    @
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    Hålųyg
    Ancestry
    Norway
    Subrace
    Nordid
    Y-DNA
    I2b1
    mtDNA
    J2a1a1b
    Country
    Norway Norway
    State
    South Trondelag South Trondelag
    Zodiac Sign
    Pisces
    Family
    Single adult
    Politics
    Nationalist
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    240 Posts
    The Moslem is a Norwegian convert. The hair-dresser is well-known in counter-jihad groups in Norway. It's not an coincidence that this girl visited that particular shop.

Funding Member
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    5 Hours Ago @ 01:00 AM
    Ethnicity
    Scandinavian
    Ancestry
    East Norwegian + distant Finnish
    Subrace
    Nordid + reduced CM
    Country
    Norway Norway
    Occupation
    Traditional Craftsman
    Politics
    Family, Nation & Nature
    Religion
    Heathen Worldview
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    465 Posts
    The paragraph that this case is based on, is called the "racism paragraph" in common tongue, and its purpose is to protect anyone from threats, mockery, propagation of hate, persecution or contempt based on their;
    a) skin color, nationality, or ethnic origin
    b) religion or life view
    c) homosexuality, way of life, or sexuality
    d) disability

Breach of this paragraph can be sentenced by anything from small fines, to prison up to 3 years.

From its conception in 1970 up until today, I believe it has only been enacted 4 or 5 times, exclusively to Norwegian natives who have expressed 'racist' thoughts, either in heated discussions with a stranger, or as political propositions. Not a single foreigner or immigrant who have either murdered, expressed derogatory racist epithets, committed rape or used violence against ethnic Norwegians, have ever been subject of sentencing or attempt of prosecution by this law.
    A nation is an organic thing, historically defined.
    A wave of passionate energy which unites past, present and future generations

Last Online
    Thursday, September 7th, 2017 @ 12:29 AM
    Ethnicity
    Mixed Germanic and Celtic
    Ancestry
    British Isles & Scandinavia
    Subrace
    Borreby x Nordic
    Country
    Other Other
    Single adult
    Occupation
    Gondolier
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Žoreišar View Post
    The paragraph that this case is based on, is called the "racism paragraph" in common tongue, and its purpose is to protect anyone from threats, mockery, propagation of hate, persecution or contempt based on their;
    a) skin color, nationality, or ethnic origin
    b) religion or life view
    c) homosexuality, way of life, or sexuality
    d) disability

Breach of this paragraph can be sentenced by anything from small fines, to prison up to 3 years.

From its conception in 1970 up until today, I believe it has only been enacted 4 or 5 times, exclusively to Norwegian natives who have expressed 'racist' thoughts, either in heated discussions with a stranger, or as political propositions. Not a single foreigner or immigrant who have either murdered, expressed derogatory racist epithets, committed rape or used violence against ethnic Norwegians, have ever been subject of sentencing or attempt of prosecution by this law.
    Demand the law be enacted on foreign guests - quite vocally. Record immigrant Christians defaming pagans and play the minority card. Make anti-hate a zero-sum game.

Last Online
    Tuesday, November 14th, 2017 @ 04:56 AM
    Ethnicity
    Norwegian
    Country
    Norway Norway
    State
    Buskerud Buskerud
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hersir View Post
    The Moslem is a Norwegian convert. The hair-dresser is well-known in counter-jihad groups in Norway. It's not an coincidence that this girl visited that particular shop.
    I actually thought she was a Turk or race mixed at first, but I can see now that she is wearing a lot of makeup to make herself appear more exotic

Now she have dropped the hjiab and changed her name again, stating that she needed a new start.

Last Online
    Saturday, July 13th, 2019 @ 06:37 AM
    Ethnicity
    Norwegian
    Country
    Norway Norway
    State
    More og Romsdal More og Romsdal
    Zodiac Sign
    Libra
    Family
    In a steady relationship
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    What happend to the hairdresser anyway ? Havent heard anything about it for a while..

Moderator "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Danish
    Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Family
    Engaged parent
    Politics
    Nationalism
    Religion
    Odinism
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    180 Posts
    It appear she was convicted for discrimination but she escaped prison. Nevertheless, she appealed against the conviction because to her, ‘the hijab is like an Isis flag'.

The Gulating Court of Appeal on Tuesday heard the appeal of a Norwegian hairdresser who was convicted of discrimination for denying service to a Muslim client wearing a headscarf.

Merete Hodne was hit with a 10,000 kroner fine in September for turning Malika Bayan away from her hair salon in Bryne, a small town in southwestern Norway, in October 2015. Although the 47-year-old hairdresser avoided a prison-sentence, she filed an immediate appeal against the decision on the grounds that the hijab is a political, not a religious symbol.

In the Gulating Court of Appeal in Stavanger on Tuesday, Hodne's lawyer argued that her client's conviction should be overturned.

“If the court is in doubt about whether Hodne denied Bayan because she thought the hijab is a political symbol or a religious symbol, she should be acquitted. The doubt should be in my client's favour,” Linda Ellefsen Eide said.

When the appeal trial got underway, Hodne described herself as a "Mohammedan critic" and once again argued that she did not deny service to Bayan for religious reasons.

“To me the hijab is the same as an Isis flag. The hijab is a political symbol. As a matter of principle, one cannot know if the person wearing it is a Mohammedan or if it is someone who believes that God has decided that they should wear the garment,” she said, according to Stavanger Aftenblad.
    More: https://www.thelocal.no/20170103/con...e-an-isis-flag

The two women in court, the Muslim is still wearing her headdress:

edit: It appear the high court ratified the fine but reduced it to 7,000 kroner (3,000 kroner fine + the court costs):
    http://norwaytoday.info/news/merete-...ed-high-court/

Can only say to this one word: madness ...

Funding Member
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    German
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    352 Posts
    She has some accounts under the name Malika Faviano along with an Italian flag and a Norwegian flag. She dropped the hijab but insists she's still a Muslim.

She also has a Youtube channel and wears exotic makeup, lip injection and botox. Yes, a very devout Muslim. Seems to me like she did this on purpose to get her 5 minutes of fame in the media.