State
    Silesia Silesia
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Georgia View Post
    Supper tonight.
    The scene on the first photo, it could be perfectly in Germany, just the light switches, and the door handle (maybe also the door itself) betray it is not in Germany.
    And I enjoyed a Kristallweizenbier.
    What is the name of the beer? I can not read the label. It's imported from Gemany, right? It must be dear!
    Quote Originally Posted by Catterick View Post
    I miss cooking in the oven.
    From Georgia's post(s), you can learn much about German eating habits. How everything is arranged on the table, etc. I was in Britain, and it wasn't so there. Every lunch meal, every meal actually, was a torture. Already even visually. It's true America differs from Britain.

You also can understand now the German attitude to 'brands'. The beer on the table is 'German' beer, it's ONE BRAND of German beer. There are thousands of such 'beers', each of them brewed for and sold in a certain limited region. And each of these beers has its own two names: its sort name, and its brand name. You simply can't keep in mind all the names of all the beers. You will just know those beers which you prefer, or which you once tasted, or whose name you know perchance.

But as it is with the German beer, so it is with each and every other German man-made thing: there are thousands of small workshops, of lone craftsmen, each and every making their own things. You can't know them all, because life is too short.

The Weizenbier (wheat beer) is typically Bavarian. I can drink it, yet I do not like it so much. If I am in Bavaria (or in China), I will drink it. If I am not in Bavaria, I will not drink it.

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    German
    Ancestry
    Deutschland
    Country
    Confederate States Confederate States
    Christian
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Spjabork:
    "What is the name of the beer? I can not read the label. It's imported from Germany, right? It must be dear!"

The name of the beer is "Weihenstephaner."
    The label reads "BREWED & BOTTLED BY BAYERISCHE STAATSBRAUEREI WEIHENSTEPHAN, FREISING, GERMANY."

More information:
    https://www.weihenstephaner.de/

And...dear it is . Pretty much the only beer I will drink is Kristallweizen.

Georgia
    I have but one lamp by which my feet are guided; and that is the lamp of experience. I know of no way of judging the future but by the past.
    Patrick Henry

Last Online
    Sunday, November 12th, 2017 @ 06:54 PM
    Ethnicity
    German
    Country
    Germany Germany
    State
    Silesia Silesia
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    The name of the beer is "Weihenstephaner."
    The label reads "BREWED & BOTTLED BY BAYERISCHE STAATSBRAUEREI WEIHENSTEPHAN, FREISING, GERMANY."
    Weihenstephaner is one of the more famous beers, in Germany, the brandname is also known outside Bavaria.
    And...dear it is
    How much? Does the bottle speak to you: "Gimme 5!"??
    Pretty much the only beer I will drink is Kristallweizen.
    So, there is also in your veins Bavarian blood??

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    German
    Ancestry
    Deutschland
    Country
    Confederate States Confederate States
    Christian
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Spjabork,

I am not a big alcohol drinker, never have been, never will be. I also do not smoke and I never even tried any other drugs. Never had the desire to do so. A 500 ml bottle of Kristallweizen about every 3 - 4 month is more than enough for me. And every once in a while I enjoy a small glass of very dry and heavy red wine.

The Kristallweizen is "dear" to me, because it tastes just like the Kristallweizen in Germany and is actually a German beer. I am pleased I am able to purchase it about 2 hours from where I live, the store actually carries a large selection of different beer from all over the world. One 500 ml bottle is right at 4 FRNs.

I was in Bavaria a few days before Christmas 2015. I love the rural regions as well as the Bavarian dialect. My ancestry is Sachsen and the Schwabenland. Meissen, Auf den Fildern and Hohenlohe im Frankenland, to be exact. I was born in the Hohenloher region. So yes, I am a Schwäbin through and through. My paternal Opa had lost most of his sächsischen dialect by the time I came along. He spoke more schwäbisch than sächsisch.

When I speak with family and friends on the phone they are amazed at my heavy schwäbischen dialect, I never lost it despite having lived here for most of my life. I can speak the high German as well; however, there is always that beautiful schwäbischer dialect noticeable.

I could write about my life experiences, a huge book with many, many chapters. I have a lot to tell. But I must take leave. The sun is shining at 20 degrees C after a light rain early this morning. Everything has turned green outside, the Azalea bushes are in full bloom as are the Dogwood trees and so many other trees and plants. So...nature, here I come....!

Y'all on Skadi have a great and safe weekend.

Georgia
    I have but one lamp by which my feet are guided; and that is the lamp of experience. I know of no way of judging the future but by the past.
    Patrick Henry

Holiness is in right action, and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves. Wulfaz's Avatar
    Last Online
    Wednesday, January 31st, 2018 @ 06:33 PM
    Ethnicity
    German
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts
    Szeklerkarut

Wine

"Remember that, even when those who move you be kings or men of power, your soul is in your keeping alone. When you stand before God, you cannot say, "But I was told by others to do thus,"or that virtue "was not convenient at the time." This will not suffice."
    /King Baldwin IV in the Kingdom of Heaven/

Last Online
    Sunday, November 12th, 2017 @ 06:54 PM
    Ethnicity
    German
    Country
    Germany Germany
    State
    Silesia Silesia
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    [FONT=Georgia] I am not a big alcohol drinker, never have been, never will be. [...]The Kristallweizen is "dear" to me, because it tastes just like the Kristallweizen in Germany and is actually a German beer. I am pleased I am able to purchase it about 2 hours from where I live, the store actually carries a large selection of different beer from all over the world. One 500 ml bottle is right at 4 FRNs.
    So, it is cheaper than I thought! The Bavarians are humane to them Southerners.

(with 'dear' I meant = expensive, because in England, the word still can be used in this meaning. Now I know in USA it cannot, another difference between them.)

Proffessional Hickerbilly SpearBrave's Avatar
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    American of German decent
    Ancestry
    Bavaria/Switzerland
    Country
    Other Other
    State
    Kentucky Kentucky
    Zodiac Sign
    Libra
    Family
    In a steady relationship
    Occupation
    Kunstschmiede
    Politics
    Self-Reliance
    Religion
    Asatru
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    95 Posts
    Last night- leftover meatloaf my sister made when she visited and baked sweet potato, with cranberry juice to drink.

Tonight -Steamed Cauliflower with White Cheese sauce, Kaiser Semmel, Deer Salami, Apple Juice and Coffee.

I am very tired lately and don't feel like cooking much.
    Life is like a fire hydrant- sometimes you help people put out their fires, but most of the time you just get peed on by every dog in the neighborhood.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345